Rackspace

Rackspace Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace that promotes work life balance
Linux Systems Engineer II (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: gym, free beverages, good medical plan
At Rackspace you will work with some very talented and committed individuals.The culture at Rackspace is one that fosters great technical solutions.
Fun Productive Workspace
student IT internship (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2015
The motto is play hard and work harder. This is held to the highest respects where everyone there works hard on everything they do while still having time to have a Nerf war on occasion.
The safe choice
Customer Service Technician - Level III (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: lots of jobs to fill
Cons: many of the teams are short
If you are looking for a safe employment choice outside of USAA in San Antonio, I would say that Rackspace is a solid choice. The company as a whole has a low turn over. There are a lot of engagement activities provided during first shift. There are some low points like the social groups that seem to crop up. There some of the team leads tend to show favoritism to their friends that they went to college with. After the long number of years that I have put into the company I would say that if you can smile when you don't feel like it and present a positive attitude even when you don't want to then you will go far in this company.
Better than before
Data Center Engineer (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: have upgraded facility
Cons: management wasn't very good, they were slow to upgrade.
They have upgraded, after many mishaps, and incorrect blame. The system looks like they have finally built out the generator system and are now a dual power source system.
Loved Rackspace
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: people, culture, flexibility, customer support
Cons: sometime its ok to say no to a customer.
Best place I have ever worked. Loved the people and the culture. Really felt like I was working with my family.

I would go back to Rackspace in a heartbeat for the right opportunity.
Very relaxed place to work.
Intern (Former Employee), San AntonioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: not a high stress job.
Cons: no caffeteria, lunch was brought in and it was always the same.
Relaxed place to work that promoted team building skills and a great work environment.
Hit and miss
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2014
Depends on your team, great place to work. Experiences will differ.
Interesting People, Poor Mid Management
HR (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free food often, flexible work environment
Cons: political, lack of career progression, immaturity
Rackspace attracts very interesting people, so I have found fascinating individuals. And I have worked with all kinds of different professionals, some great, some average.
The culture is very laid back, it is nice to be able to go to work in comfortable clothing, without make up, that is a nice thing. Nonetheless, it can also be very political, even socially immature. There's obvious favoritism, and only a few excel, as it is not based on merit but on relationships.
Some people take it like a cult, some are more relaxed. Landing with a good manager is key for happiness.
A great group of people
Technical Community Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was solving problems and getting things done with my team. We achieved a great deal in a short period of time and that I will always remember
IT Operations Supervisor
IT Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Antonio TexasSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: the ability to come to work and do what i enjoy every day
Cons: it is difficult to grow in the team that i am currently on.
My responsibilities include leading a customer facing technical team at a walk-up IT help bar.
I've learned to manage from the front and ensure that the needs of my team were met while still meeting the needs of the organization.
There are a wealth of wonderful managers at Rackspace that provide guidance and mentorship. My co-workers are also my family and friends.
The most difficult part of the job is being the face of unpopular decisions that are made for the good of the business and making the decision thought process consumable to the business.
The most enjoyable part of the job has been to watch the business and team grow while helping out internal Rackers.
lots to learn
Windows System Administrator L2 (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free soda, gym, instant benefits
Cons: hard to move up without knowing certain people
the work can be very drone like and repetitive most of the time. There are many events and activities to participate in...only if you are on 1st shift though
Mickey Mouse Management
Employee (Current Employee), San Antonio, TX.August 13, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: bad sr. mgmt.
Can't make up their mind, and if they do, you must belong to their BFF Club to get anywhere. Centrally Managed from Texas, the rest of the teams are a "Rubber Stamp" If I hear about their "Culture" one more time, I'll loss my lunch Existing Mgmt. is afraid of bringing in real talent and experience that would demonstrate how inept they really are.
Friendly atmosphere with a high level of professionalism
International Windows Administrator (Current Employee), TexasJune 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers are more like friends, we share knowledge
Cons: sometimes the queue can take over and become cumbersome at times
Greeting my co-workers and analyzing the alerting queue (made of tickets either customer related or server alerts) and any impacting maintenance's scheduled for the duration of my shift.

We liaise with our UK counterparts, and ensure a smooth handover before crunching down on the queue.
Then vs. Now
Marketing (Former Employee), San AntonioJune 25, 2014
Pros: culture; good benefits
Cons: too much culture; inexperienced managers;
Used to be a wonderful place to work but mid-management has spawned beyond control and become ineffective, even prohibitive. What was once a focused business model evolved into a jack of all trades and master of none. There are still a lot of caring, approachable, and talented people there but fear, uncertainty and doubt have permeated deep; so sad. Almost all executives leaders of the company are very good people. Unfortunately, many new hires are brainwashed to focus on having fun instead and being reactive instead of ‘wowing’ customers; remember it’s a .com and not a .org.
Rackspace is an awesome place to work!
Backup Administrator I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: cool place to work.
Cons: i will just say it was far to drive to from my house.
This company was an awesome place to work till they went public. I had awesome management and co-workers. The job was never to hard to do in my opinion. The people where the most enjoyable part. I still love Rackspace as a company.
good company
Net Lead (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: average pay
good company. good work culture and great talents around. I enjoy working in this company
Fun place to work with great people
Project Administrator (Current Employee), San AntonioMarch 27, 2014
I would begin my day collecting updated from Project Managers who were awesome. I consolidated a lot of redundant information that was on our internal site. Overall fun experience.
Fun work environment with great opportunities
Software Developer II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day of work is filled with a lot of work, fun times and great people. A great place to be in.
Good place to cut your teeth in tech
Racker (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good start in tech
Cons: advancement could be difficult
Days where always interesting
Learned alot about tech
Leadership lacks over-sight
Political career advancement
I felt great when I could help a customer
The culture was a relaxed, open, friends and family type of culture. They had a good system where they encouraged advancement within the company.
Revenue Integrity Operations Specialist II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits package, great amentites like fueling stations throughout the building. start of the art gym, cross fit, periodic free lunches
Cons: sometimes very long hours, 13-14 hour days
A typical workday at Rackspace was always filled with new and different challenges faced with every contract and revenue ticket processed. I was also tasked with processing tax revenue credits, domestic and international dealing with the different currencies. I worked with a variety of departments on a daily basis and the culture made it an enjoyable place for interaction with each individual person. Hardest part of the job was deadline days and meeting all expectations while maintaining a low error rate which I have been able to meet in the last 3 years of my employment.

1 2 3

About Rackspace

Rackspace is the #1 managed cloud company because we have what other commodity cloud companies can only dream of—Fanatical – Read more

Rackspace Salaries