Rackspace Employee Reviews in United States

Rackspace is an opportunity engine.
DevOps Engineer I/DevOps Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
Easily the best place I've ever worked. Some of the most intelligent people I've known I met at Rackspace.

I don't have time to type a lot more, just let me move forward review form.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom
Cons
Lack of structure can become frustrating at times. Few opportunities for software developers, as it is a hosting company.
A Shadow of its Former Self
Managed Backup / System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2016
The Rackspace that hired me isn't in any way, aside from name, the Rackspace that fired me. (This was even admitted by Human Resources during my exit). "Fanatical Support" USED to exist, it no longer does; not at Rackspace. It has been nothing more than a corporate buzzword since early 2015. The very essence of their "fanatical support", was, by the CEO-at-the-time's own admission, the "Rackers" (employees) themselves. When the majority of your "special sauce" has either been canned for questionable reasons or left of their own volition, you have to start wondering if Rackspace actually has anything at all left to offer. Disgusting amounts of money are put into making the environment SEEM to be "fun", when in reality, the elaborate and expensive decorations are almost a thinly-veiled insult to those actually on the front lines, doing the heavy lifting. Management has become cattle-herding. Too many undeserving, under-qualified personnel moved up too far, too fast, and are a little too eager to crack the whip in order to move even further up the chain of command. They're completely aware of the dire situation that Rackspace is in and are taking complete advantage of it for the sake of adding another bullet point to their resumes. If the company continues in this current direction, I seriously doubt that they'll exist a year from now, and this deeply saddens me, because it used to be a fantastic company that actually lived their own core values.
Great company, great people, great culture
Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2016
Love Rackspace, our culture is the best thing about the company. We treat each other like friends and family. There's great challenges ahead and the company is looking for new lines of revenue, placing large bets with support for AWS and Azure.
Pros
culture
Cons
nothing major I can think of
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 17, 2016
Fun place to work, casual setting
Coworkers are great for the most part
Understaffed at times, lots of work
Flexible
Some opportunity for growth
They don't regularly provide raises
This was a better place to work a few years ago
Awesome contract
Sr. Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Home-officeMay 14, 2016
I worked as a remote contract supporting teams in San Antonio, Austin and SF. I worked with some phenomenal team members that were a great support and had great communication with my manager, hiring managers and candidates. At times I wish I was onsite to speak directly to candidates in person, however it still worked out very well.

I most enjoyed the lack of egos. It was a collaborative spirit, let's get the job done as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2016
One of the best things about working at Rackspace is the opportunity to work on really difficult problems alongside really smart people
Corporatization has taken hold
Senior Linux Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
Gone is the Rackspace which has generated such positive racker engagement and fanaticism. The "new" Rackspace has embraced being "A big corporation" and has made massive changes in that direction.

Management has gone from being positive and talent based to bland "Office Space" style. That isn't great. The morale has been dropping with it and sadly there appears to be nothing more than doubling down on the processes and changes driving it. Dilbert cartoons on the walls have become far more common than they used to be.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Non-competitive pay, Office Space-like atmosphere
Productive fun place to work!
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2016
Love Rackspace! Plenty of opportunity to explore your goals. Mentors will give you the guidance you need to reach your objectives.
Great Place to work
Linux System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2016
The company is at a critical point where they run the risk of lagging behind the times. Other than that my only complaint is the sub-par compensation considering the competition in the area for good techs.
Ent. Account Manager
Enterprise Hybrid Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2016
As an Enterprise Account Manager you will be on call 24/7, have access to a lot of training opportunities, and work with large enterprise level customers.
Casual work environment with great focus on customer and employee experience
Account Manager II, Managed Linux (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
Casual work environment with great focus on customer service and employee experience. Plenty of room for career growth in an ever growing industry.
Productive and fun place to work but poor compensation
Windows Server Administrator II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Personal growth and development is accelerated but plateaus unless you specialize in a specific product/technology or advance to DevOps. I learned a great deal about Windows Server technologies including Active Directory, IIS, SQL, and Failover Clusters. There was too much middle-management and too many chains of management with single reports. Management between teams or shifts were often split on standardizing workflow efficiency. My co-workers were fantastic and 100% of my growth and development came from them. The hardest part of the job was getting management's attention on my ideas for improving the team's workflow efficiency. The most enjoyable part of the job was the casual culture at work and the relaxed environment was easy to sustain by always tackling workloads as they arrived.
Pros
Comfortable, Social, Job Security, Job Culture, Helpful Team
Cons
Compensation
Data Center Tech
Data Center Operations Tech II (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL 60007February 6, 2016
Wide range of work. From something easy as replacing a HDD to more complex like planning a migration of a customers whole environment.
Rackspace: Come for the money, stay for the culture
3rd Shift Network Security Administrator I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2015
Although Rackspace has been known to pay under market average for higher-level position, it certainly makes up for any of that with it's amazing culture, relax work environment, and benefits.
There is constantly something new to learn and they work hard to keep you learning.
Pros
Culture, Salary for low-mid positions high, Educational
Cons
Too many managers
Productive and fun place to work with a slide
Supply Chain Intern, Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
Great internships here! Employees were very welcoming and warm. Pay was great and really promoted us to work hard.Typical day at work was always new and changing, something new was happening every day. CEO is great and all the other managers are inspiring.
Pros
Free food!
very good place to work
intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2015
very good place to work they really take care of the employees.
no one has said anything bad that has worked there i do not no
Productive and fun workplace
SDET (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2015
Excellent and challenging work environment. Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Contractor culture used to be good but going downhill fast.
Software Test Engineer Level III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
When I started in 2012 full time and contractors were treated equal and cooperation was good. That is all changing now. Not a good place for contractors anymore.
fun atmosphere lots to learn.
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
Awesome place to work and plenty of opportunity to get your hands dirty. Support management. Plenty of tools and resources to get the job done including paid training.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None to speak of
Could be awesome but just average
Racker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great company, but is brought down by a lot of the middle management and bureaucracy within it. Depending on your manager your experience could be amazing or terrible.
Pros
Neat technology, Smart coworkers
Cons
Middle Management, Salary