Rackspace Employee Reviews

Rackspace Work culture
Business Analyst III/ Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2016
1. Good workplace culture
2. Nice work life balance
3. Decent employee benefits
4. Management Politics

I worked at Rackspacce full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
Love the culture and work-life balance.
Cons
Not much vertical growth, more of lateral movement.
Advice to Management
Give everyone their fair share of grade in their annual review. Don't just use the bell curve - if everyone exceeds the expectation, then give that to everyone.
Flag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
Terrible place to work at
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
I have worked here for 3 years and I have to admit it is the worst place to work at. I personally know that there have been several contracts that we work with as in clients that we have that have been hacked into thier accounts and the company has not even report it to the clients. We have had an accounting firm that was hacked and thier company was not the first. To me this is still useless if we do not help our clients then what are we here for.
Be very careful
Windows Administrator / Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
After spending nearly 3 years here, I would be EXTREMELY wary of the management in place. Additionally, they very rarely inform customers of hacks, breaches and security lapses.

Promotions are purely on a favorites basis and the process has little to do with actual job performance or knowledge. In summary, this is a great springboard but a terrible career (unless you have buddies or family who are higher ups).
Pros
Great experience, diverse problems, rapid growth
Cons
Forget getting promoted, your boss will be worthless and the pay is hilariously low.
Running with Rackspace
Network Security Admin (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2016
I have had the pleasure of working with Rackspace for a little more than a year now. I can firmly say that I am spending my time loving what I do, everyday. I have a great team. The company encourages great team building and culture maintenance. I wish other companies could take a step back and imitate Rackspace more.

I find the most enjoyable part of my day learning from other Rackers (fellow coworkers). This never stops and everyone is welcoming and encouraging. I love that management is concerned with critiques and evaluates the best way to proceed. Consistency is applied daily. The interaction with customers encourages them to open dialogue when searching for the best solution.

I will endorse Rackspace and continue to encourage others to come check out this fantastic company.
Pros
Time to learn
Windows Admin
Windows Systems Administrator II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2016
I really enjoyed the work environment before the current CEO took over. They have really changed the atmosphere there. It is no longer a fun place to work.

The current CEO doesn't seem to have a clear idea of where to take the company or where it is headed. Keeps trying to do a little bit of everything instead of focusing on what Rackspace does well.
Rackspace is an opportunity engine.
DevOps Engineer I/DevOps Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
Easily the best place I've ever worked. Some of the most intelligent people I've known I met at Rackspace.

I don't have time to type a lot more, just let me move forward review form.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom
Cons
Lack of structure can become frustrating at times. Few opportunities for software developers, as it is a hosting company.
Awesome contract
Sr. Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Home-officeMay 14, 2016
I worked as a remote contract supporting teams in San Antonio, Austin and SF. I worked with some phenomenal team members that were a great support and had great communication with my manager, hiring managers and candidates. At times I wish I was onsite to speak directly to candidates in person, however it still worked out very well.

I most enjoyed the lack of egos. It was a collaborative spirit, let's get the job done as a team.
Nice then ok
Technical Account Manager / Linux Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
Great internships here! Employees were very welcoming and warm. Pay was great and really promoted us to work hard.Typical day at work was always new and changing, something new was happening every day. CEO is great and all the other managers are inspiring.
Corporatization has taken hold
Senior Linux Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
Gone is the Rackspace which has generated such positive racker engagement and fanaticism. The "new" Rackspace has embraced being "A big corporation" and has made massive changes in that direction.

Management has gone from being positive and talent based to bland "Office Space" style. That isn't great. The morale has been dropping with it and sadly there appears to be nothing more than doubling down on the processes and changes driving it. Dilbert cartoons on the walls have become far more common than they used to be.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Non-competitive pay, Office Space-like atmosphere
People at the job are like family
Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2016
It is a great place to work at and your co-workers become your family. I don't hold the management team very high but, the teams you work with all work together and make sure everyone is successful.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
too many managers
Great company, great people, great culture
Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2016
Love Rackspace, our culture is the best thing about the company. We treat each other like friends and family. There's great challenges ahead and the company is looking for new lines of revenue, placing large bets with support for AWS and Azure.
Pros
culture
Cons
nothing major I can think of
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 17, 2016
Fun place to work, casual setting
Coworkers are great for the most part
Understaffed at times, lots of work
Flexible
Some opportunity for growth
They don't regularly provide raises
This was a better place to work a few years ago
Great Place to work
Linux System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2016
The company is at a critical point where they run the risk of lagging behind the times. Other than that my only complaint is the sub-par compensation considering the competition in the area for good techs.
Productive and fun place to work but poor compensation
Windows Server Administrator II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Personal growth and development is accelerated but plateaus unless you specialize in a specific product/technology or advance to DevOps. I learned a great deal about Windows Server technologies including Active Directory, IIS, SQL, and Failover Clusters. There was too much middle-management and too many chains of management with single reports. Management between teams or shifts were often split on standardizing workflow efficiency. My co-workers were fantastic and 100% of my growth and development came from them. The hardest part of the job was getting management's attention on my ideas for improving the team's workflow efficiency. The most enjoyable part of the job was the casual culture at work and the relaxed environment was easy to sustain by always tackling workloads as they arrived.
Pros
Comfortable, Social, Job Security, Job Culture, Helpful Team
Cons
Compensation
Casual work environment with great focus on customer and employee experience
Account Manager II, Managed Linux (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
Casual work environment with great focus on customer service and employee experience. Plenty of room for career growth in an ever growing industry.
Productive and fun workplace
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2016
One of the best things about working at Rackspace is the opportunity to work on really difficult problems alongside really smart people
Rackspace: Come for the money, stay for the culture
3rd Shift Network Security Administrator I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2015
Although Rackspace has been known to pay under market average for higher-level position, it certainly makes up for any of that with it's amazing culture, relax work environment, and benefits.
There is constantly something new to learn and they work hard to keep you learning.
Pros
Culture, Salary for low-mid positions high, Educational
Cons
Too many managers
Ent. Account Manager
Enterprise Hybrid Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2016
As an Enterprise Account Manager you will be on call 24/7, have access to a lot of training opportunities, and work with large enterprise level customers.
Productive fun place to work!
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2016
Love Rackspace! Plenty of opportunity to explore your goals. Mentors will give you the guidance you need to reach your objectives.
Productive and fun place to work with a slide
Supply Chain Intern, Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
Pros
Free food!