Rackspace Employee Reviews

Great culture!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2017
Fantastic Company Culture. Great place to work for in the San Antonio area. One of the few major companies and hard to get in to. Management was eager to help.
great place to work
Sales Force Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2017
Rackspace allows you to innovate. I was able to do research and find the tool that I needed for the job. I presented the tool and was given time to develop and investigate issues and concerns.

After all my research was done I was able to study the application, and design my scripts and Performance Scenario.
Pros
Time and support are provided
Lost Culture
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 6, 2017
When I started we were a small company that kind of did what we thought was right and now we are answering to teams and people outside.

I enjoyed a lot the people but also being a remote satellite campus we were very distant from the corporate perks.
Pros
Time Off
Culture No Longer What they Claim
Openstack Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2017
It's not a bad place to work if you have the appropriate expectations. Everything is changing very rapidly and its more corporate and less what they claim the culture is (still claiming its the same as 10 years ago).
Pros
great vacation
Cons
A lot of pressure on lower end individuals and less on upper management
Devops Engineer
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
I have been working as Devops Engineer at Rackspace for past 5 years. Daily work include production support for public API. Build and release, no touch deployment for all the apps.
Eclectic workplace
Cloud Sites Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Rackspace is a fun place to work. There are many things that make this environment eclectic, from the people to the themed conference rooms. They have a mission to work hard and play hard. I would go back if given the opportunity.
Pros
Free soda, team building events, great PTO benefits
Cons
Some lack of direction from upper management, Open environment can be difficult to work in
Great place to work with with a lot of professional growth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Rackspace is a great place to be. The people there, truly care about the new members of the team and make sure you feel welcome. They are true believers of the pharse "team work makes the dream work" and being there and learning on a daily basis really makes a difference.
Great Culture
Marketing Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Totally Recommend. Fun environment. Great Management. Rackers treat you like family and friends. One of the best places Ive worked at. Great company overall.
Fast paced
Linux Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2017
Overall a good place to work however metrics can often be used as a crutch by management. Fast paced work environment and constant state of change can be unsettling.
Pros
Good company culture, good benefits & perks, Good peers
Cons
Metrics can often be used as a management crutch
Enjoyed working here immensely
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful people and culture. Huge gap in pay for the same position or even worse, trainers were making less than the people they were training. I loved going to work due to the people and atmosphere as well as the benefits.
Bright Future Overshadowed By Nationalist Culture
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2017
I intended to make a career at RAX but the right-wing culture and confusion over ownership/leadership made it impossible to remain cohesive with the team and vision.
Pros
Customer Travel
Cons
Nationalist Culture
Great Sales Trips
Account Executive - SaaS & Hosting Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Account Executive – SaaS & Hosting Services
 Presented Cloud and managed hosting sales presentations via WebEx and onsite to C-level clients across the United States, India, and Australia
 Closed the largest acquisition deal for goal.com TCV, valued at more than $300,000
 Won Rack Star sales award on three occasions
Things have changed since buyout....
Datacenter Operations Technician II (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 13, 2017
Not sure what direction the company is going in anymore since buyout. And lack of raises and removal of quarterly bonuses has changed the moral a lot.......
Pros
Relax dress attire
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities at the DCs..
Loved my time there
Datacenter Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 8, 2017
Loved working for Rackspace when I was there, but things changed after I left and from what I heard, for the worse. Culture was fantastic while I was there though.
Pros
culture, great culture
Cons
extinct industry
Great place to work, but maybe not grow...
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2017
I love the Rackspace culture, being a Racker, and going to work everyday. No real defined paths for employee development or promote-ability though. Hardest part of the job was not satisfying clients, learning new product knowledge, or crafting ideal solutions. Hardest part of the job was navigating the internal processes to implement these solutions.

Great job to hone your sales, presentation, and communication skills.

I love that everyone works hard and takes pride in being called a Racker.
Pros
Fun, relaxed atmosphere to succeed in
Cons
No real guidance or direction to further career within company
Startup culture and politics
Scrum Master/Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2017
A good place to work but the company still has a start-up culture. The upside is there is no micro-management but the work load is stressfully high.
Enjoyable work environment
used to be great
Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2017
I drank the Kool-aid when i was hired. Good product. Horrible management. Senior management would rather listen to analysts more than front line reps. Direct managers want to old you back so you dont leap frog them.

Not a good company to work for anymore.
Productive Environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2017
Best place to work , great team and environment , Different events going on all the time , training and new technologies introduced to the employees , open space and peace of mind. Don't forget to join the gym in break time.
Good Place to Work
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2017
Its a Great Place to work for, Good Enivronment, Can Learn New Things.
Good Management and Excellent work Place Culture. Friendly Colleagues.
I Recommend It
Good People and Culture
Sr Manager, Marketing Operations & Reporting (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2017
Good People and Culture. With an ever shifting industry there is ample opportunity to move up or find your next role within the company. Benefits are good and they treat their employees right.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rackspace. Our community is ready to answer.