Rackspace Employee Reviews

Data Center Tech
Data Center Operations Tech II (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL 60007February 6, 2016
Wide range of work. From something easy as replacing a HDD to more complex like planning a migration of a customers whole environment.
Rackspace: Come for the money, stay for the culture
3rd Shift Network Security Administrator I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2015
Although Rackspace has been known to pay under market average for higher-level position, it certainly makes up for any of that with it's amazing culture, relax work environment, and benefits.
There is constantly something new to learn and they work hard to keep you learning.
Pros
Culture, Salary for low-mid positions high, Educational
Cons
Too many managers
Productive and fun place to work with a slide
Supply Chain Intern, Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
Great internships here! Employees were very welcoming and warm. Pay was great and really promoted us to work hard.Typical day at work was always new and changing, something new was happening every day. CEO is great and all the other managers are inspiring.
Pros
Free food!
very good place to work
intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2015
very good place to work they really take care of the employees.
no one has said anything bad that has worked there i do not no
Productive and fun workplace
SDET (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2015
Excellent and challenging work environment. Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Contractor culture used to be good but going downhill fast.
Software Test Engineer Level III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
When I started in 2012 full time and contractors were treated equal and cooperation was good. That is all changing now. Not a good place for contractors anymore.
fun atmosphere lots to learn.
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
Awesome place to work and plenty of opportunity to get your hands dirty. Support management. Plenty of tools and resources to get the job done including paid training.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None to speak of
Could be awesome but just average
Racker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great company, but is brought down by a lot of the middle management and bureaucracy within it. Depending on your manager your experience could be amazing or terrible.
Pros
Neat technology, Smart coworkers
Cons
Middle Management, Salary
Fanatical is an understatement
Sr. Director - Product, Strategy & Engineering (Current Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 6, 2015
Southern good ole' boys club.. says it all. Very minimal ability to move up, no strategic direction and not operating rationally.
Productive and fun environment
Managed Operations - LINUX System Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2015
With plenty of help to grow and develop it's hard to beat this company. We get at least a month of training a year. You start with 28 days of vacation so essentially you work 10 months. Free drinks and often food. Teams are also given 2 days off a year for outings, taken in 1/2 or full days. Great people make great teams.
We work hard and play hard.
Pros
flexible hours and caring managers
world class customer service with the occasional boat outing
Digital Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Great environment with exceptional management. Perfect company to develop your talents and experience new opportunities.
Pros
Work from home and travel
Cons
work life balance can be challanged at times
LATAM Business Process Manager I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Rackspace has awesome culture. It is definitely a friends and family type of environment. Sky is the limit at Rackspace you can definitely grow within the company.
Challenging Workplace mired in political infighting
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2015
The company is a great place to work for if you want a challenge designing systems at scale. If you want to actually make progress and changes however the political infighting will drive you crazy.
Work/Life Balance needs improvement
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxSeptember 1, 2015
Overall, the leadership team was great. The amount of customers vs. employees was exponentially high though and all of the employees were being overworked and under paid, leading them to get burnt out.
Pros
fun colleagues
Cons
work/life balance. A lot of grey areas regarding support
Amazing culture and commitment to development
Head of Sales and Business Development - Digital (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
Rackspace is a great organization to start and grow your career. The biggest positive is the commitment to developing and growing talent.
Great company and amazing culture
Global Briefing Program Manager and Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2015
We need more companies like Rackspace. They are not perfect, but it is certainly an amazing place to work. I am a promoter.
Good company, but fading culture
Managed Backup Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2015
Whn I came on board at Rackspace, I was extremely excited. The culture was amazing, management legitimately cared about the employees. The work was hard, but rewarding. I did a lot of overtime because there was a lot of work that needed to be done. Through my time there something changed, middle management. Many of the founding ideals that made the company great began to fall through. Transparency was non-existent, friends and family fell, as well as a few others. Staffing was cut in certain departments, mine included. However, my experience there is one that I will never forget. I enjoyed coming to work, never once did I get out of bed dreading the day ahead of me. I was excited to come in and work. Things may change, but this is still a great company to work for and I would recommend working here.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, great environment, and good values
Cons
Middle Management
Great place to work!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed every opportunity I had at Rackspace. I started right out of college with little to no experience but was able to build on to my experiences at Rackspace through multiple career opportunities and advancements.
Good company
Linux System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
Great company to work for in terms of growth as well as networking in the IT industry. Definitely recommend. Employees are compensated fairly, and Rackspace adjusts properly off-working hours.
You're not an admin, you're a tech support specialist
Linux Systems Admin II (Former Employee) –  Austin TXJune 21, 2015
Wouldn't work there again. Enjoyed the training and the people. Culture was off kilter from policies. Not transparent and doesn't have full disclosure. Pays women lower salaries than men.
Pros
training, knowledge, exposure to new tech
Cons
you are cattle