Rackspace Employee Reviews

Great company with lots of opportunity for learning
Operational Excellence Analyst III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Rackspace provides all employees the opportunity for continued growth. There are lots of perks including great salary, time off, gym access onsite and 401K matching.

The hardest part of the job is the number of departments and systems. The learning curve is steep and trying to improve a process is challenging due to the share number of stakeholders involved. Leadership changes company direction frequently and they use to many contracts for dev/IT work.

Rackspace also does a great job celebrating diversity.
Pros
Culture, employees, benefits
Cons
Leadership vision
Good place to learn
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I learned a lot along the way technically, and met and worked with a lot of really good people many of whom are still friends today. The people you work with daily as colleagues are why you keep coming back, and there is a strong emphasis on teams.

The culture often masks the fact this is a real business, whose needs will trump culture every time. Keep this in mind and you'll be fine.
Pros
Flip flops
Cons
low pay
Good Experience
Worked in CFO Dept (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Very happy with my time worked at Rackspace, company is very transparent, supportive, and concerned about employee well being.
Pros
Great management, promotion opportunities, enjoyable environment, days go fast with lots to do.
Cons
Competitive industry leading to an evolving business plan, so one has to be open minded and willing to adapt (something to be aware of, not so much a for sure con)
Fanatical Culture...addictive to say the least
Cloud Solution Strategist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I loved my time at Rackspace, They are a company that truly loves its employees and makes sure they show you every day you are at work.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, big slide, all the coffee and soft drinks you can handle
Cons
Quotas for some roles are overly aggressive
Great Culture
Support Specialist/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
They're are 3 shifts. Some positions are 24/7 On call. Learned all my technical skills at Rackspace. Management is not best and could be improved. Great teammates, was the best part.
Pros
Culture, Food Vendors, Relaxed Environment
Cons
Middle Management
lack of privacy
Linux Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
Rows and rows of techs sitting tightly together.always on the phone.Supervisors hovered making sure you were working. Modern day version of a tech sweatshop.
Pros
Food trucks, bonuses
Cons
No breaks, young inexperienced supervisors on power trips
Dynamic workplace environment
Global Workplace Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2016
Rackspace is a great place to work for anyone that is able to go with the flow and roll with the punches. Changes come quick and often. Rackers were usually helpful and team-oriented. Overall, my time at the company was a positivie experience.
If you are a sponge and have drive, you will advance.
Support Technician I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Abundance of shared knowledge available at all times. Culture is amazing. I love coming to work every day! And in order to complete this review I will type more words to reach twenty.
Rackspace experience
Business Development Consultant - Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work. Work/Life Balance was spot on. Very good management who did a great job leading others. Always a good challenge to help customers with their IT needs
It was a fun place to work.
Linux Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2017
middle management stepped on each other feet more often than not, and the company is going through an identity problem. Now that they have been bought out job security is shaky at best.
Invest in their employees
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2017
Rackspace gives their employees all the tools and training to succeed. Rackspace fanatically support their employees and customers and truly wants the best for you as an individual.
I had the Best of the best in Knowledge and fun
Level 1 Tech (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, TXOctober 24, 2016
I only wish that I could have had the opportunity to truly contribute more. I may have been my own stopping point as I was not able to keep up with the fire hose pace. I would a second opportunity to try again.
Pros
A sea of Knowledge
Cons
A sea of Knowledge
Briefing Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2017
Rackspace is a great company. Great place to work, excellent culture and values "Treat Rackers as family and friends!" Great benefits plan and professional education.
Nice working culture
Linux Administrator II / Cloud Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Rackspace has a good job culture and has opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
Rackspace company helps the community with Volunteer programs.
Great ride
Manager, Enterprise Network Security (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2017
I was well taken care of. I thoroughly enjoyed the culture that was established there. I'll always be a Racker! I worked as an individual contributor as well as a manager.
Rackspace Work culture
Business Analyst III/ Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2016
1. Good workplace culture
2. Nice work life balance
3. Decent employee benefits
4. Management Politics

I worked at Rackspacce full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
Love the culture and work-life balance.
Cons
Not much vertical growth, more of lateral movement.
Advice to Management
Give everyone their fair share of grade in their annual review. Don't just use the bell curve - if everyone exceeds the expectation, then give that to everyone.
Flag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
Best Company in the World.
Capacity Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Great people, great culture & an incredible work environment. I would recommend Rackspace to anybody looking to work at a place they feel valued and empowered.
Work in a cool re-purposed mall!
Senior Manager / Manager (Professional Services) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 23, 2016
Rackspace is a great company to work for, individual contributors are very well taken care of. More so than their middle leadership layer.
Proud to be a Racker
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  CastleAugust 3, 2016
Rackspace is a great company to work for. They were straying from their Core Values for a while, but they are starting to come back around. On my team there was a great work/life balance. While I'm no longer a Racker, I would love to be one again if the right opportunity comes along.
Pros
Work/life balance, very casual dress code, pleasant coworkers
Cons
Medical deductibles are a bit high
Not Conducive to Sales
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2016
This organization has no sales structure, they believe that services will sell themselves. The hardest part of the job is to get everyone other than sales to row in the same direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rackspace. Our community is ready to answer.

68%