Rackspace

Rackspace Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
SEC Filing Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2013
Really fun to work there. Lots of fun stuff going on all the time. Can be quite loud inside though. It's not your typical place to work so you have to really be able to focus in that sort of environment.
Horrible Company to work for
Software Developer III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: software projects as a whole at this company appear very dysfunctional
Manager was abusive and a bully, he was also extremely incompetent not only technically but showed very little to no experience being able to manage a team.
overall as a company, great but still learning their way. company not that old
inventory control (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJune 4, 2013
excellent company overall, great coworkers, great conditions.
NA
System Analyst (Current Employee), AustinJune 3, 2013
Basically its a cloud hosting company and Having lots of opportunities to learn new technology.it was great experience to work in this company and good environment.
Great environment but lack of solid management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: good culture, fun environment
Cons: lack of good managers, pay, inconsistent policy
Rackspace is a great place to work. Theres is plenty of employee interaction, fun things going on, and overall feeling that your company cares about you. It does have its downfalls though. Terrible managers, lack of consistency, and hardly any pay.
Great company, fun environment
Enterprise Sales Executive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good compensation package and frequent celebrations
Cons: management issues
B2B sales via telephone. I sold IT hosting solutions to customers worldwide. Though I helped to build a new division from $0 to $40 million ARR in two years, I was probably the least technical person there. Fun environment and many celebrations. My manager lacked people skills and had anger issues. Several outburst were reported to HR by many employees.
interesting work environment
Enterprise Sales, Business Development Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: casual work environment very independent
Cons: compensation
A typical day would be calling on clients for many different need and working with my team and theirs to determine the best solution for their needs. I learned a great deal about the hosting and technology space.

The hardest part of the job was filling the large monthly quotas for 40 plus clients. Management was very good, however as the industry shifts – more... to the cloud management does not have compensation figured out and comp plans are often changes monthly. – less
Fun Culture
Rackspace Employee (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Work hard, play hard
Get to wear whatever I feel comfortable in
High Expectations
Great place to work!! We have a SLIDE!!!
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2012
Pros: as long as clothing is appropriate, anything goes. i can wear shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops to work!!
Cons: things are very fluid and dynamic. change is constant making establishing a routine difficult.
Rackspace is an awesome place to work! Emphasis is placed on working towards your strengths. And we have an indoor slide! I work with a great team who answers to any challenge. There isn't a typical work day as it almost different every day. You are given every opportunity to succeed. Did I mention we have a slide?
• Over 9 years of Software development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience in System Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Wareho
Informatica Developer/Administrator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2012
This project is to design and develop an email survey model, which is used to by Rackspace net promoter team for their ongoing processes to handle Inventory system. The tool is used to pull together the necessary reporting files and also to manage the CTB (Call the Ball) process along with other daily activities.
Productive and fun workplace with game rooms everywhere
Customer OnBoarding Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2012
Pros: free everything - snack, soda, food, games, etc.
Cons: no cons
Productive and fun workplace with game rooms everywhere

Rackspace is always throwing parties...
Awesome
Linux Administrator Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2012
I love everything about Rackspace.
I got paid to have fun, work hard, and hang out with awesome people.
Fun workplace
Windows Systems Engineer IV (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: great envrionment to lean technically
Cons: some departments are run like completely different companies, thus differing amounts of bureaucracy..
There is plenty of opportunity to work hard, and play hard. Most of the employees are geeky techs, so there are a lot in common with everyone. Plenty of opportunity to advance, however, a lot of advancement is due to who you know, or a way to get a raise - not necessarily because an advancement is the right position for someone. ie. some are promoted – more... to managers that are great techs, but do not have the skills or aptitude to be managers. – less
fun , great atmosphere to work , and many opportunities to expand into other tech fields
Windows Administrator (Current Employee), san antonioAugust 31, 2012
I love working at Rackspace. It is the best tech job I have ever had, and I want to keep it. My objective is to find part time work in my off time.
Review
Executive Assistant (Sales Department) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2012
It's not good and it's not bad. It is what it is............................
Fun, relaxed environment
EBI / Data Warehouse (IT) Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2012
Typical work day is not rushed, but productive. Lots of fun activities. Good work-life balance.
Amazing place to work, outgoing and innovative people, mini golf, food court, slide (YES, A SLIDE!), gym, game room, and so much more
New Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great culture, great people!
Cons: could be paid better, long promotional processes
I loved my experience at Rackspace. I had the opportunity to work with and for some incredibly intelligent and motivational people. If it weren't for my lack of interest in IT, I would have definitely continued to pursue my career there. Its a wonderful place to work.
Exciting and New place
San Antonio, TX (Former Employee), DataCenter Operations TechnicianNovember 6, 2011
Pros: employee meals, great benefits
Cons: i had to traverse downtown
My time at Rackspace was long ago, however the culture still remains the same from those in the industry I still keep in contact with. Ever evolving, and always moving in an upward direction, it's no wonder they're as big as they are to this day.
Product (Current Employee), NAMay 20, 2014
Culture comes first at Rackspace. Everyone is fanatical about supporting each other as well as the customers. It's very rare to find such an excellently picked group of people to work on an inspiring mission with.

There have been lots of changes in the company recently, which have upset people.

Then again, they pay well (especially in Texas) and are – more... a great company to work for. They really support their employees. – less
Rackspace Hosting
Managed Backup Architect (Current Employee), Hyde Park HayesMay 9, 2014
Pros: casual dress, flexible work times
Cons: moving to become more fo a corporate culture, attention span varies between open cloud and traditional hosting business
Still a good company to work for, with plenty of potential for study and advancement in specific areas. It is more difficult to get ahead in the areas of Infrastructure support.

About Rackspace

Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range – Read more