Radford University Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 26, 2017
You don't work year round. Your laid off in the summer and winter months which of course it's not bad but still you have to find something to keep your head above water. Raises sucks they want to pay you .10 cents and sometimes it takes them forever and a day to give it to you or they cheat you out of your overtime. Could have better management they don't care about their employees, students or other staff members their all about that money and worried about getting bonuses every year. The supervisors treat the employees and other staff members with disrespect and they expect you to do the same and you can't do that. When you go and try to explain what the issues are it falls on deaf ears and nothing is done about it.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Poor managment, Stay at your pay rate, Never get praise for your hard work.
Convenient for Students
Graphic Design Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 7, 2017
Useful for students that need to maximize their time. I would work around my classes, and when their weren't any students to assist, I could focus on my own work.
Good place to get hands on with new equipment.
Equipment Technician/ Communications Department (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 1, 2017
Personally I think Radford University allowed me to grow in a lot of ways. While working here I was able to experiment with different things as well learn on the job. However there is things that are left to be desired. The staff there is not really open to new ideas that could help improve things and can seem frustrating especially when trying to come up with creative ideas.
Pros
Flexibility great equipment
Cons
Not much room for changes, staff can be hard to work with
Work Study Office Assistant- MBA Office (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMay 30, 2017
I really enjoyed my work study positions at Radford. My boss was very flexible and easy to work with, and the program itself was great. Such a great school to attend and work for!
Productive place with creative freedoms
STUDY ABROAD STUDENT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  The International Education BuildingMay 25, 2017
Many campus tours and introduction meetings.
Management was very open to suggestions
Worked with peers.
The hardest part was scheduling meetings
The easiest part of the job was matching the student with the perfect programs.
Pros
Very flexible hours
A lot has changed
Student (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at RU, however, most of the faculty that I knew have since gone on to other things. Radford is a nice area for family and the arts. The music program at RU is pretty healthy for voice and band, but not strings.
Pros
Good for Voice and Band
Cons
Not Good for Strings
Fun environment where you can showcase your school
Student Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 27, 2017
This was a campus tour guide position. It allowed students to show off their school to perspective students and get to know the incoming class. It was always a good time being able to walk around and talk with people about the school you love.
Just a graduate assistant
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 25, 2017
I was only a graduate assistant at Radford University. Hours were flexible and the work was not difficult. I enjoyed working there in several graduate assistant positions.
Great part-time student work
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 24, 2017
Many part time jobs available in department of student activities. Flexible hours, interesting work, and pretty good management. A great entry level job.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Fun and easy work environment. Structured.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 11, 2017
A typical shift is three hours, broken up by patrol through the floors of the library, enforcing library rules, and assisting patrons. Management is passable, sometimes isn't all that organized. Workplace culture is great. Everyone enjoys the job and is happy to be here.
Quiet and productive work place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 6, 2017
It was a very comfortable work environment with a pleasant staff. I was able to learn good customer service skills and put my organization skills to use.
Pros
Read books on my spare time
A great experience
Information Specialist I (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 31, 2017
A wonderful place to work besides the management. The culture and diversity in the work environment and everyday tasks kept me on my toes all the time. great benefits
Productive and independent workplace
Event Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 27, 2017
Very laid back and friendly people/managers. Required to be able to work independently and tackle different task in a way you think would be most beneficial. Had the opportunity to meet people working at the university.
Pros
Worked well around class schedule
struggling
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 24, 2017
Radford University struggles with being the "red-headed" stepchild in the Virginia University System. Sitting in Virginia Tech's backyard makes this exceptionally difficult. With many strong faculty the administration fails to promote collegiality and a sense of faculty worth.
Horrible
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 24, 2017
Will tell everyone not to work at this place. No balance what so ever. The food was not impressive for what they claim. Very disorganized and the management needs a lot of help. A lot of favoritism
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Had to fight for breaks
Radford University Review
President Club Field Hockey (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 14, 2017
Radford University offered me many great opportunities, of which included: President of Club Field Hockey, being an executive member of the Student Government Association, and being a member of the chemistry club. Most of all, I got to become part of the community that Radford has to offer.
Work Place was: exciting and educational
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 23, 2017
Orientation assistant, was by far one of the best summers I've had. During my time, I made connections to faculty and staff at my university and made life long friends. The program was organized and made work environment comfortable and fun.
it was ok
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 12, 2017
There was a lot of time to do home work on top of doing research work and watching students take tests. It was fun and enjoyable.
Great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 25, 2016
• Assisted in various office tasks
• Revamped organization of administrative office
• Monitored multiple projects
- Worked as a group to get projects done
Energetic, supportive environment focused on student outcomes
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Radford, VANovember 10, 2016
Radford University excels in caring for the needs of the whole student, while encouraging students to meet their full potential. Faculty are provided with an array of resources, and work well with one another to create a very pleasant work atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radford University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4