Radford University

Radford University Employee Reviews

help desk
Computer Lab Proctor / Help desk (Former Employee), radfordJuly 1, 2015
this was a work study job that allowed me to do homework while helping other students with minor tech issues. very uneventful
fun, simple, and flexible
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Radford, VAJune 28, 2015
Working is pretty easy. It is rather flexible as well. You go in, set up the lab for a specific class and maybe clean dishes if needed. Then you're off.
Productive work place
WVRU Operations Director (Former Employee), Radford, VAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Working with students and staff
Cons: Would have liked to have been challenged more in my later years.
WVRU Operations Director. In charge of operations for WVRU, the public/university radio station. Duties included planning and executing the format; training and overseeing 50 student broadcasters, working with national program syndicators and performing occasional on-air shifts. Write, produce and host weekly “news magazine” and interview programs. Producer/writer/host of “Long Live Rock”, a program that was syndicated on 12 stations across the country. Studio producer and host for Radford University men’s commercial basketball network.
Great place to work, fun work environment, productive management and a great place to earn professional experience
Department of Student Activities (Former Employee), Radford, VAJune 20, 2015
typical day at work consisted of assortment of administrative tasks, customer relations, client relations, greeting guests, handling of money orders, etc
Great School & Good Work Life
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Radford, VAJune 15, 2015
Good money and work life balance. Job allowed me to get more experience within the department. I enjoyed getting to teach the students and help my adviser with her work.
Excellent working environment
Manager of Database and Application Admin (Current Employee), Radford, VAJune 15, 2015
Radfrod University is an excellent place to work. I have learned my management skills and communication skills from my directors. Co-Workers are excellent and very co-operative.
Disorganized and lack of leadership
Associate Professor (Former Employee), Radford, VAJune 4, 2015
The school is administration heavy and blind to the needs of student and faculty. The upper administration is more concerned with symbolism over substance. Faculty have no voice or protections.
Just an internship
Sociology Research Intern (Former Employee), Radford, VAMay 30, 2015
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: never knowing what to expect.
It was unpaid but it was covered through my financial aid. It was really good, it was a learning moment for me. I learned a lot from the seminars I went to and plenty of internship opportunities.
Able to do job and homework at the same time
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Radford, VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Chill boss, good work-life balance
Cons: Equipment issues
A typical day was being in the equipment room with the work study students and distributing equipment to students in the media studies department. The hardest part was just concentrating with various activities going on with students in the hallway. The most enjoyable part was the great relationship I developed with the work study students.
Typically what is expected from graduate assistants
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Radford, VirginiaDecember 26, 2014
I basically just help my assigned professors with their classes. Most of the time I would help grade students' homework and exams. I also helped in the rat lab and was the supervisor in the lab two days a week.
Positive environment with a variety of opportunities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Radford, VAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benifits
A standard graduate assistant ship which included conducting research for professors and completing odd tasks.
Relaxed environment with excellent bosses
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Radford, VASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility with breaks
Cons: only a part time position. would of love to work longer here.
Graded students exams and organized staff supplies. Help other students with questions with courses and upcoming events.

Management gave us the freedom with needed to make decision. My team of co workers were fun loving but hard workers.
Time Went By Quickly Because of Plenty of Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Radford, VAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management
Time flew by because there was always something that needed cleaning. I learned a lot about different cleaning products, and different ways to stains out of things, gum out of carpet. Management was a bit high school. Wanting to gossip or create tension when there was none. I adored all of my co-workers. They really pulled together to help each other and make everyone feel included. The hardest part of the job was cleaning once 8 a.m. came because classes started and then all the work had to be done around staff and students. The most enjoyable part was when the office workers thanked us, with a nice card, or candy.
Great job for students
Peer Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee), Radford, VAJuly 8, 2014
Good class/work balance. Gained experience helping peers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with their coding problems.
Volunteer
Volunteer Strength Assistant (Former Employee), Radford, VAJune 5, 2014
Pros: learn the lifts and styles hands on
I worked under the strength department learning how they trained division 1 athletes. I learned a great deal about how different teams and genders required different workouts and intensities.
Okay
lab monitor, changing the pickle (Former Employee), Radford, VAMay 14, 2014
Helping beginning students learn the basics.
Learn better problem solving skills.
Great Company
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Radford,VAApril 18, 2014
Extremely Informative
Supportive Environment
Dedicated to Coworkers
Very great environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Radford, VAApril 17, 2014
I love my job, unfortunately it is only temporary. The professors are wonderful and very helpful. I file my budget papers, use the computer, answer and respond to emails.Nothing hard about my job. I love coming into my job everyday!
Great environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Radford, VAMarch 20, 2014
Interacting with diverse groups of people on the regular basis.
Supportive of academic growth
Research Methods Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Radford, VAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: professional development
Cons: time obligation
Provide you the resources you need to grow as a graduate student.

1 2 3