Radford University Employee Reviews in United States

I've never worked with better people
IT Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 20, 2016
Like any university, Radford is prone to politics. That aside, it's a wonderful place to work. Everyone is mission-focused and when things go awry, the m.o. is to solve the issue, not point fingers.
Since it's small, the pay is low, but other than that I've got no complaints.
Awesome school
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 3, 2016
It was a fun job. I was hired as a work study student, so I was working and being a full time student. I helped out with the introductory physics labs.
Student Worker
Photographic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 31, 2016
I am a student worker so balancing classes and work can be difficult at times. I enjoy what I do and who I work for and only have complaints about the minimum wage rates in Virginina.
best job ever
Office Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 7, 2016
the people worked together as a team - no matter what project was to be handled - everyone pitched in. the campus was always lively and pleasant - no cons to working here
Pros
group atmosphere
Fun and place to work
Multimedia Intern (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 4, 2016
It's here that I learned the fundamentals of videography and the basics of almost all the editing systems I'm currently familiar with. Without this job I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am at the moment.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible hours, extremely hands on
Cons
Not a ton of hours, low pay
very nice clean environment
Food Technician (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 29, 2016
very nice place to work students are mostly nice and sometimes is a fast paced restaurant. employees are polite and work in a timely manner.
Pros
free meals for employees
Cons
lay off in summer and winter for breaks
Academics and quality of life
Health, Wellness and Aging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 2, 2016
A good seclection of academics to choose from, great classrooms and facilities, as well as a beautiful campus to work & play on.
Great Place with wonderful co-workers
Archival Assistant/Library Aid (Former Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 30, 2015
Friendly co-workers, with a productive environment. Hardest part of the job was the first few weeks, learning all the new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting students in their research.
Time Went By Quickly Because of Plenty of Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAAugust 5, 2014
Time flew by because there was always something that needed cleaning. I learned a lot about different cleaning products, and different ways to stains out of things, gum out of carpet. Management was a bit high school. Wanting to gossip or create tension when there was none. I adored all of my co-workers. They really pulled together to help each other and make everyone feel included. The hardest part of the job was cleaning once 8 a.m. came because classes started and then all the work had to be done around staff and students. The most enjoyable part was when the office workers thanked us, with a nice card, or candy.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
Very beautiful campus to walk around.
Collection & Receivables Analyst (Current Employee) –  Radford VAOctober 19, 2015
Working with customers to answer questions and satisfy their accounts. Co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to work with. I learn something new every day.
Pros
Places to eat on campus.
Cons
Parking spaces are very limited.
Productive work place
WVRU Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 25, 2015
WVRU Operations Director. In charge of operations for WVRU, the public/university radio station. Duties included planning and executing the format; training and overseeing 50 student broadcasters, working with national program syndicators and performing occasional on-air shifts. Write, produce and host weekly “news magazine” and interview programs. Producer/writer/host of “Long Live Rock”, a program that was syndicated on 12 stations across the country. Studio producer and host for Radford University men’s commercial basketball network.
Pros
Working with students and staff
Cons
Would have liked to have been challenged more in my later years.
Excellent working environment
Manager of Database and Application Admin (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 15, 2015
Radfrod University is an excellent place to work. I have learned my management skills and communication skills from my directors. Co-Workers are excellent and very co-operative.
Able to do job and homework at the same time
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 27, 2015
A typical day was being in the equipment room with the work study students and distributing equipment to students in the media studies department. The hardest part was just concentrating with various activities going on with students in the hallway. The most enjoyable part was the great relationship I developed with the work study students.
Pros
Chill boss, good work-life balance
Cons
Equipment issues
Great School & Good Work Life
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 15, 2015
Good money and work life balance. Job allowed me to get more experience within the department. I enjoyed getting to teach the students and help my adviser with her work.
Great place to get your start!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJuly 11, 2015
With working at Radford (and attending there as a student) you work very closely with PhD. professors. You learn the most advanced techniques in your fields and if you at all want to learn anything new, they are right there with you! This particular field is best for students looking for that first bit of experience. Be warned, it is just for students and don't expect a job with them once you graduate.
A complex organization with much to appreciate
Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMay 30, 2012
For most positions in the organization, the compensation package is not at all mind blowing. Depending on the position, one might have multiple bosses at one time, which can be somewhat frustrating. I was unable to locate an organizational chart, which made certain tasks nearly impossible to complete in a timely manner. With so much bureaucracy, it wasn't uncommon for someone to say "this department doesn't do that". Even so, the vast majority of people at the organization are very nice and took on their jobs for the right reasons.
Hard work/ Great experience
Student Assistant-McConnell Library (Current Employee) –  Radford UniversityJune 13, 2013
A typical day at work consists of checking in any books for patrons, counting how many patrons are in the library, downloading any books to the shelves to be put away. Management and co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is dealing with an upset customer. Most enjoyable part is being able to complete my school work
Pros
completing homework
Cons
slow and boring
Relaxed environment with excellent bosses
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Radford, VASeptember 19, 2014
Graded students exams and organized staff supplies. Help other students with questions with courses and upcoming events.

Management gave us the freedom with needed to make decision. My team of co workers were fun loving but hard workers.
Pros
flexibility with breaks
Cons
only a part time position. would of love to work longer here.
Just an internship
Sociology Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMay 30, 2015
It was unpaid but it was covered through my financial aid. It was really good, it was a learning moment for me. I learned a lot from the seminars I went to and plenty of internship opportunities.
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
never knowing what to expect.
Great place to work, fun work environment, productive management and a great place to earn professional experience
Department of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJune 20, 2015
typical day at work consisted of assortment of administrative tasks, customer relations, client relations, greeting guests, handling of money orders, etc

4.5