Radio One Employee Reviews

Fast paced & customer service based environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of interacting with Radio listeners daily, updating all social media sites several times a day and listening to music all day. Most enjoyable part of job was interviewing celebs & attending events around the city all for free.
Pros
once a month free catered lunch
Cons
no benefits package for part time, long hours to put in
good workplace but no benefits unless full-time, bad pay, and they don't care for your life
Promotions/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2016
I worked there for eight months, it was a job that I wanted. When I got there everything was fine, then all of a sudden the management just didn't act very professional. Nobody wanted to implement new ideas. The competition was far above and beyond our company. Overall I wouldn't recommend this job. And also there were no benefits with the job, even though you deal with lifting objects and could have the potential to get injured, and the pay was horrible.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
bad pay, no benefits, don't listen to new ideas
Explore other options!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2015
The events, staff and networking opportunities are awesome. That's it! Management is questionable and shady. You will quickly learn who they value in this company. I was promised several things and none that was fulfilled. I was catfished into this job and they will continue to do so, for the lack of a better word. I've watched them lose 7 people is less than 5 months, and unable to replace these individuals because no one wishes to work for pennies anymore or have their dreams die in those hideous cubicles. Also, they are behind tremendously technology wise. Poor training and hostile environment
Pros
Celebrities meet and greets, relationship building with new clients
Cons
Low compensation, benefits, management, low morale
Great place.
Promotions, Organizational Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2016
The place is a fun and energetic place to work, but the pay is not good at all. The job does provide lunches all the time though, which is so beneficial...
Pros
The Job is awesome.
Cons
The Pay is horrible
One day event
PROMOTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 18, 2016
It was only a one day thing but it was really easy. You need marketing skills. Very laid back environment and great people.
nice work enviornment
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
radio one is a great company to work for. Being able to influence lives on the airwaves is awesome. Working with co workers and guests to produce shows is very fulfilling. i overall enjoy my job.
Best Job I Ever Had
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2016
No two days were the same. The assignments were interesting. Sometimes I recorded voice overs. Worked with the best radio personalities. Gained so much experience working in various divisions within the station. Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Greatest job where I used my broadcasting training. Hearing my voice overs on the radio.
Cons
With this job did not end.
Decent place to start
Promotions Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 20, 2015
Its a decent place to break in. Not a place for a career because they will low ball you on salary and stunt you on growth. The founder is incredible if you are able to meet her you will learn a lot in little time so i appreciated and admired her.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
Poor pay
Promotions and Clerical
Marketing and Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2015
Fun enviroment, Got a mixture of Clerical work, Promotions Work, Web work, and on air work.
Management was awesome.
Co workers were very fun, loving, open, and always available for questions.
The hardest part was being on location and having to deal with the public sometimes, because I would come across not so friendly people.
The most enjoyable part of the job was recording commercials for on air, as well as being on location promoting the two stations Hot 104.1 and Foxy 95.5.
Pros
Remotes, Events
Cons
The pay
Great learning experience
Installer/Radio Programmer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
I only worked here over the summer of my junior year in high school, But in the time that I did work there, I learned how to program radios, got to travel around the Disney properties, and meet some really nice people.
Well managed, community oriented radio company
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2015
Performed maintenance of studios, computers, remote broadcast equipment. Monitored streaming, installed new equipment, assisted station personnel with computer and telephone issues. Voiced commercials, imaging messages, coordinated returns and shipment of boradcast equipment.

Enjoyed working with all departments and vendors, ocassionally worked overtime during emergency operations.
Pros
Free lunches, awards, health care, learning opportunities
Cons
Uneven management policies, coworker expectations beyond assigned duties, sometimes inefficient time management and utilization of assets
Fun place to work
Technical Engineer/Producer (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 27, 2014
On a typical day I am in the studio, monitoring and producing radio shows and commercials. Working in radio I have learned how to communicate with different types of people. Management and co-workers work well together at Radio One. I never found the job to be difficult.The job itself is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
You meet different people (celebrities) and can obtain various connections.
Cons
very little room for advancement
Fun job!
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOFebruary 4, 2016
I love every moment which is why I've been with the company for years now. If you're looking to work for a media company and learn the many aspects - this is a great company to start.
Perfect Promotions Profession
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2013
I scored a great opportunity to work for this well known radio station and I made sure that every day was a happy and exciting day at the station. The environement was always fun and exciting and the opportunity to learn was always prevelent. I never had one problem with my co-workers and when I had misunderstandings they never created grudge like attitudes because of my personality to never harbor hatred or negative feelings in the work place. Their were really no hard parts to this job because I was doing what I love. I enjoyed every part of this employment.
Pros
excellent work benefits
Fun and exciting
Producer/Writer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2015
Working at Radio One Detroit is both fun and exciting. I have the best coworkers and management team, and I look forward to going to work every day.
Pros
Free food, goodies
Teamwork
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2014
The workplace has effective team work and collaboration among departments that makes the job easier and so much fun.
Pros
Free Lunches, celebrities, flexibility
Cons
Raises are not guaranteed, no tutition reimbursement for students
Productive and great work place... Radio Market change alot
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2015
Create a Digital and online campaign for clients (Banner, Streaming and Half-deal programs)
Research and define ideal mediums to deliver effective media for clients
Plan and negotiate efficient media leads (TV, Radio, Print, Online)
Plus cold call for new business for 2 to 3 hours.
Great part is the music at the Radio Station.
Pros
Company trips every year
Cons
Healthcare/Benefits insurance was not that great..
fun place to work. You get to meet a lot of musical artist there.
Promotions Assistant/Programming Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2012
My day usually start with going to the studio and see what live broadcast are on the list to be produced for the day. I learned a lot about producing audio commercials. Management was really flexible. co workers are great to work with. the hardest part of the job is being called at the last minute to come to work to cover for someone. the most enjoyable part was free concerts we were able to attend.
Pros
free concert tickets
Cons
no healthcare
Extremely funplace to work
Front Office Manager/Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
I got many opportunities to meet entertainment celebrities, work on exciting events and create fun promotions for the company and it's Atlanta stations.
Pros
High energy and fun work enviroment
Cons
Budget restraints
Good Company
MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 30, 2012
I enjoyed my years at Radio One and have nothing but fond memories of the years i was there. I met and created some great friendships with the work family of Radio One and remain friends with several of my former co-workers. I loved and still love Ms. Hughes the CEO of Radio One. It was a pleasure to work with Radio One.
Pros
media contacts.
Cons
working some weekends, taking me away from my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radio One. Our community is ready to answer.