Radio One Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 4, 2017
Radio One is a great company to work for. It is a face paced environment with great people and plenty of opportunities to lear and network. You'll love it.
internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2017
This was an internship. Did not receive compensation. Employees were nice and taught you a lot. Was able to travel to different locations for promotional activities.
Radio One
Marketing Director- Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 18, 2017
Radio One had great people that worked at the job but again the company kept pay low and minimum advancement. I loved the job but I didn't like the way they treated employee's
Pros
meeting famous people
Cons
low pay
Excellent
Human Resources - Executive Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2017
I loved working with the ladies in the Human Resources Department they are very intelligent, funny and goal oriented women. I wish they had a permanent position for me.
Fun place to work
Producer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 1, 2017
- Fun and exciting
- New challenges daily
- Open door policy
- Encouraging environment
- Room for advancement
- Able to learn new skills
- Fantastic coworkers
Relaxed environment
Production Director, (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 5, 2017
One must accept full responsibility for work.
The hours to accomplish jobs that are essential will require one to forego outside activities.
Holidays are not always off.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hours
Marketing & Management Professional View
Marketing (Current Employee) –  USAJune 23, 2017
Radio One prides themselves on being the Urban Media Specialist yet they lack the necessary tools, equipment and foresight to be competitive. Executive managers often micro-manage and lack necessary management skills and training to effectively lead. This organization is reactive instead of proactive and will continue to lose talent because of their inability to adapt.
naw
Promotions Assistant PT (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 13, 2017
Good for students/ not-serious people looking to have fun. Great perks. Nice people. You will eventually be consumed (not in a good way) because there is no work/life balance. Pay sucks.
Pros
perks
Cons
pay, long hours
Working in radio is a great experience for those looking to work in the entertainment industry.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of Producing two morning shows at the same time, answering phones, entering winners information into the data base and making promos/commercials Also posting to the stations website.
Pros
Free food, concert tickets, etc.
Cons
Favortism
Great Culture
Board Operator & Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
Everyone I have met thus far is very open, friendly and inviting. I haven't encountered anyone standoff-ish, or closed off. I feel a great opportunity for learning and advancement within this organization, and I feel supported in doing so.
nice place
pa (Former Employee) –  phillyMay 19, 2017
it's a chill place to work. I'd recommend it. That's about it. At this point I am just trying to type enough to meet the minimum characters so I can move on an start applying for jobs on the indeed website.
I like working with Radio One
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2017
It's a great company and depending on the market you can actually learn a lot. Starting out it doesn't really pay much unless you come in full-time and it's not much room for advancement. It's just the nature of the business.
Selling Niches
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2017
I learned the importance of target marketing and developed extensive sales skills. Knowledge in nontraditional events and digital media will take you far!
My Radio One Experience
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 30, 2017
Working for Radio One has been one of the most trying employment experiences I've ever had. Management is less than supportive and often find ways to discourage rather that uplift their employees. I was often given more responsibilities due to my large skill set and talent, however I was never offered a pay increase above minimum wage. While I appreciate the experience working as a substitute on-air host, Public Affairs Producer, and audio engineer; at some point you have to recognize your worth and move on when you aren't being promoted. I would not recommend working for this company if you are a seasoned professional. Working here is only ideal if you're looking for an unpaid internship just to gain experience.
Pros
Rubbing shoulders with various people
Cons
The lack of compensation and management
not bad
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to grow. Great place to get knowledge of the radio industry. Depending on the market you can really grow. Gate keepers prefer to promote from smaller markets to larger markets.
Radio
Promotions Specialist Smooth Jazz (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Radio One. It prepared me professionally for working with many different types of people and leadership. I enjoyed my time with Radio One and the people that work there.
Interesting place to meet people
Secretaray (Former Employee) –  Port, OKJanuary 30, 2017
A good and productive company.
Employed as personal secretary has helped me to trust in me more and more .
With integrity and passion.
But some post has been cut off due to restructuration.
Pros
Free lunch and live every friday
Cons
healthcare, courses in any field
Great place.
Promotions, Organizational Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2016
The place is a fun and energetic place to work, but the pay is not good at all. The job does provide lunches all the time though, which is so beneficial...
Pros
The Job is awesome.
Cons
The Pay is horrible
One day event
PROMOTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 18, 2016
It was only a one day thing but it was really easy. You need marketing skills. Very laid back environment and great people.
nice work enviornment
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
radio one is a great company to work for. Being able to influence lives on the airwaves is awesome. Working with co workers and guests to produce shows is very fulfilling. i overall enjoy my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radio One. Our community is ready to answer.