Radio Systems Corporation has been the industry leader in developing pet training solutions, electronic containment systems, safety and lifestyle products since 1991. The E-Commerce department supports over 17 web properties that collectively serve 4 million unique visitors per year. The primary sites include PetSafe.net, SportDOG.com, and InvisibleFence.com. We’re seeking a creative Web Designer with a passion for UX to create positive online experiences that support customers and drive sales.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Web Designer is responsible for creating attractive, modern designs for our websites and other digital products. As a part of the Ecommerce Creative Team, you will work with the web development and brand marketing teams to create a great product education and purchase experience for desktop, tablet, and mobile consumers.
- Work with the Creative Team to create great, responsive designs that achieve sales conversion and user experience goals.
- Work with brand and creative teams to deliver a consistently great brand experience to consumers.
- Write clean, responsive front-end code (HTML/CSS) that looks and performs great across all devices.
- Participate in creating the content and product education strategy for each website.
- Define and implement design/front-end coding standards to achieve consistency and easy maintainability across all brands.
- Utilize website analytics to inform designs and information architecture.
- Play an active role in helping the Ecommerce Team achieve balanced scorecard metrics.
- Work closely with the web development team to implement design templates and front-end code.
- Employ creative application of information architecture, color palettes, typography, iconography and photography assets.
- Utilize user stories, wireframes, mockups, etc. where appropriate.
- Research, incorporate and regularly update search engine optimization best practices into site design.
- Bachelor’s degree or strong portfolio of professional work
- 3+ years designing for the web, mobile and email marketing
- 1+ years developing interactive user interfaces for the web
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, color, typography, and navigation.
- Desire to work in an agile work environment, driving ecommerce initiatives as well as taking on sustaining requests from all brands/business units on a regular basis
- Front-end development experience (HTML/5, CSS/3)
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Photoshop or Fireworks
- Knowledge of and experience with various internet marketing disciplines, including search engine optimization, search and display advertising, email marketing, user experience best practices, A/B testing, conversion optimization, and website analytics.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Radio Systems® Corporation is the leading manufacturer of pet products. Our family of brands includes PetSafe® (www.petsafe.net),...