Radiology Employee Reviews

Small hospital provides a family orieneted type of atmosphere.
Director of Imaging Services (Former Employee) –  Putnam Genral HsopitalFebruary 19, 2013
Reviewing patient workload,available staffing, review shift reports from previous shifts for items of interest that needed immediate attention, walk through rooms checked for cleanliness and department supplies adequate for shedlued procedures, checking in with Radiologist for any special instructions, checking messages. Once department running smoothly started on assigned tasks or projects from Administrator. Periodically checking on patient throughput, helped when necessary on the floor. Maintaining policies and proceduresand the multitude of other managerial tasks.

Everyone must work together compassionately and cheerfully as a team to produce alotted workload and satisfied patients.

In most cases management sees things differently or from another prespctive than the Technologist working directly with patients.

Co-workers are trained qualified personnel and are to be respected as such. The hardest part of the job in a small hospital is to not get too close to personnel working under your supervison.
You sometimes have other people from other departments who are less knowledgeable of Radiology operations/ (the whys and hows in speciifc areas)functions interferring or disagreeing with how department functions.

Most enjoyable part is being a caregiver, knowing you did a job well and to your best abiliity with exceptionally satisfied patients and knowing you made an anxious exam less so for your patient. Doing for others gives you a sense of well being and a sense that you have helped someone in some small way.
Pros
helping others, being part of the team, working closely with other caregivers. attending inservice meetings, learning how to improve performance.
Cons
seeing people severely injured, not always able to know or witness a favorable outcome for your patient, not always having enough time to spend with each patients due to tight schedules
My review is of my position as a research associate at the University of California San Diego, Moores Cancer Center.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Job location was in La Jolla, CAOctober 2, 2012
My job as a research associate at the University of California San Diego (UCSD) Moores Cancer Center is focused on translational research, that is from the bench-top to the operating room. My principal investigator (PI) is the Division Chief of Plastic Surgery at UCSD. I thoroughly enjoyed working closely with my PI on the phase III clinical trial involving a new radiopharmaceutical drug designed for sentinel lymph node mapping. In addition, I worked closely with her collaborator performing tissue culture, binding assays, animal studies, and extensive work with fluorescence imaging. I enjoyed working with my lab, and much of the work done in that lab was published in the journal Radiology. I am clarifying that the Radiology job listed above is a journal article that I authored.

My typical day was generally independent, and I worked at my own pace in accordance with meeting deadlines for projects. I learned many new bench scientific skills along with how to coordinate a surgical clinical trial. My coworkers were fun, intelligent, and generous with their time. The hardest part of the job was coordinating a multidisciplinary study involving several clinical physicians, each with their own hectic schedules. Those same large studies were the most enjoyable as well because we were all learning how to manage a new experiment on the fly.
Pros
pleasant working environment, independence
Cons
no real cons to discuss
File Room
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 17, 2015
I had fun at this job. The people were fun to work with and we always got along. We all did our jobs at our different stations and each day was a different station. We pulled films and files when they were needed for the doctors or the Radiologists. We also pulled and copied files for court subpoenas.
Management was always a pleasure to work with. I didn't learn much from this job since it was just filing and pulling files, but it was a job and I liked it while I had it.
The hardest part of this job was working in a very smoggy area of California. Some of the days the smog was so bad that I couldn't see my work and I only lived two miles from work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Bad Air
Always a new experience to learn from.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2014
There really isn't a typical workday in radiology. We rotate through the different areas weekly to keep things interesting. Since being in this position I have learned more about breast cancer and the importance of yearly mammogram screenings. The hardest part of the job is knowing a patient has tested for cancer and knowing the fight they will have to go through. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new patients and helping them to cope with their fears and know that you have made a difference.
Pros
co- workers, salary, truly enjoying what i do
Cons
work schedule not flexible, commute time
I traveled all over New England seling for Agfa
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 14, 2015
I loved traveling at 25 making like 100k a year witha car and computer. My bosses were amazing. I learned more with this job than any other. If I could go back in time I learned the most with this job. I learned how to be an amazing worker and I had amazing mentors who tought me life lonmg lessons. I wish more than liufe i could work for Agfa again. I was so so good at it and was so happy and did amazing at it!
Pros
I loved everything about it!
Cons
I got laid off
Multi-faceted Department
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pequot Health Center, Groton, CTJuly 18, 2014
As an administrative support person, I provided support to six different radiology departments: XRAY, Ultrasound, Cat Scan, MRI, Mammography, and Bone Density.

The majority of the time these procedures were needed for "suspicious" or painful reasons, causing the atmosphere to be laden with sadness at times, which was unfortunate. However, it was a very necessary and important service that was provided to patients at this time in their lives. In this respect, it was a very rewarding position.
Good place to help others
Reading Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2012
I learned to cut my teeth professionally here. I worked a variety of jobs, most being support roles.

My Co-Workers were wonderful. They taught me much about getting along professionally and personally.

There was some great management styles that didn't last long.

The Doctors were a joy to work with.
Pros
team spirit/lots of group lunches
Cons
reductions of staff/management stopped caring
Excellent experience through working at Nicholas Noyes Memorital Hospital.
East Valley Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2013
Excellent experience through Customer Service, Medical Records, Medical Transcription. I learned to remain teachable and flexible. Management was wonderful at providing opportunities to learn new skills and perform new duties as needed, giving me the ability to perform tasks outside of a title. I learned all aspects of an Acute Care facility through my 9 years of employment with Nicholas Noyes Memorial Hospital.
Pros
excellent management and coworkers.
Imaging clerk
Image clerk (Former Employee) –  RivertonDecember 4, 2013
The manager they have now will try to get people fired or push it till they quit. It happened to a few people. The manager before her was super nice and everything ran better when he was there. This is a no brain job… Just do what you need to and you're done. The people that work there are super nice and helpful.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay, manager
UCDMC is teaching hospital, very friendly staff and great oppertunity to get exerience.
principal Rad tech (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CaOctober 1, 2012
I have been with UCDMC since Dec, 2000 and love the teaching environment in this hospital. This is level one trauma hospital in area.
Staff and management is very accomodative and helpfull. I have worked in cardiac cath lab/ ct department and presently working in interventional radiology.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
long hours on call
Very productive workplace
Departmental Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2013
The day usually goes quickly due to the fact that I am always busy. There is really no time to take a break and I say that because you want to get your work done in a timely manner.
Pros
some days we get free lunch
Cons
breaks aren't really taken because of the heavy workload
great being with people
PCT- Radiology/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  OP,KSAugust 5, 2015
servicing patients, being part of a team, enjoyable task-filled work, I learned so much in the office with images/reports and in back with different types of procedure. The most enjoyable part was getting all the front office work done and giving care to the patients.
Pros
helping others!
Cons
would have liked more training
Large multi facility Cerner Implementation spanning several states
Consultant for Dignity Health (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJuly 11, 2013
Primary responsibilities included obtaining design information from the client and then working with the Vendor team to build out the final product in accordance with the client specifications and the enterprise standards.
Pros
fantastic team to work with, great corporate culture
Co-workers good to work with
Customer Phone Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Management was poorly run. Did learn about coding and customer phone service. Short staffing and high turnover caused problems with job function and responsibilities
Pros
good benefits
Cons
favoritism
Great work place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityDecember 10, 2014
This jog was a great experience for me I learned
a lot I met new people in this position I was able teach
people what I knew as well
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no parking
verification
Ob/Gyn (Former Employee) –  ny,nyMay 7, 2014
My primary function was to verify patients insurance and also obtain authorizations and referrals.I was also responsible for scheduling walk in X-rays
MRI/CT/Diagnostic Technologist
MRI technologist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 27, 2014
I have worked in radiology for 6 years. During that time have worked in MRI, CT, and diagnostic. I am pretty flexible with my work schedule.
Excellent place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, IADecember 7, 2014
Fast paced work related to production service of health care, great team efforts and communications for patient care services
Pros
excellent
Great Customer Care
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 12, 2012
Great team members, strong work ethic. Great management.
A company that cares deeply for their team members.
Pros
too many to write
Graduate Hospital was a wonderful learning experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2012
Learned alot about working in a Hospital enviroment. I also learned the ins and outs of Radiology.

4.3