RadioShack Employee Reviews

Radioshack is tough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Radioshack is a tough electronic stores that pays minimum wage plus commission. However, the only way to make a decent living is to only sale post-paid phones and in someways we had to push the sales into customers who could afford it. Thus RadioShack no longer exists.
Productive and Culturally diverse
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20018February 21, 2018
Radio Shack can be a fast past environment at times. Especially during the holidays. You would have to have a love for customer service to be successful with this position.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks
No Review
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 20, 2018
No need to bother with a dying company, a dying culture of sales and spiffs, and a false expectation of all of its employees. Company refused to listen to store management
Productive Environment with potential for growth
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I liked working for them because for the most part there was growth that the company wanted the associate to achieve. There were incentives for employment to add some interest to the position.
Very consumer service oriented.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day includes a variety of duties starting with the managing and staffing of store personnel, responding to customer inquiries and processing sales, determining proper inventory levels and shipments, maintaining personnel records, and ensuring the safety and security of staff, consumers, and company assets.
Pros
Working with and solving customer needs and purchases.
Cons
Having to work long hours at times due to staff absences.
fast paced , excting competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 19, 2018
learned how to offer profesional and great customer service as well as how to interact with customers and open up as in being talkative and communicative
Great Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Good way to develop management skills. Run the whole store a big sense of independence and rewarding. Commission possibilities are also endless. Tech work.
Pros
Great
customer service rep
Sale Representative/Customer Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93306February 19, 2018
a work day consists of regular duties helping customers with product. i learned how to sale
the management was the best
very unique
understanding the regulations
just getting to know everyone was enjoyable
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
distance
Fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Great place to gain experience with a wide variety of technologies. Lots of opportunity for gaining experience in selling techniques and providing excellent customer service.
Rough Situation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 18, 2018
Working in the store allowed me to interact with the customers and other employees. Most Managers, customers, employees, and even our regional guy were good.

It was hard because we did not know what was going on until the last minute. We constantly were told different things by corporate. I felt like nobody cared at the home office.
Pros
People I worked with and customers
Cons
the company went bankrupt and we closed our store
sales,sales,sales
Bilingual Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 18, 2018
Good place to gain customer service skills and experience. Easy going but you will be required to be a sales person. Competitive with sales quota per employee.
Pros
commision
Cons
comminsion
Wish the Shack was here to Stay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYFebruary 18, 2018
RadioShack out of all of the companies I have ever worked for, it was by far the best atmosphere and environment I have ever been apart of. Customers would come into the store on a regular basis with questions about all sorts of electronics. Retro Systems, Old Clocks, Modern day technology such as cellphones, tablets , car systems, anything of electronics. Our job was to aid and assist the customers to the best of our knowledge while also suggestive selling the customer to increase store profits.
Pros
knowledge of all electronics, great hours, great work place
Cons
Company went our of busniess
This place is horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 18, 2018
The companies management was horrible, some stores were stocked with employees. while others like the one i worked at had two. No job training to make commission, had no licence to sell cell phones, no benefits. this company is trash and i don't think they even exist anymore
Pros
Cons
low pay, terrible management, 100 hr work weeks
Radioshack has closed operations
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2018
Radioshack was a great company - very structured and process oriented with a lot of qualified professionals working in every dept. Radioshack has closed down operations in several stores
Productive and friendly workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Working here was fun, I worked multiple locations, and enjoyed them all. I enjoyed those I worked with, things were productive and always had something to do.
Radio shack was basically a sales position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 17, 2018
Most of pay was based off commission. Unfortunately I could sell something and then they would return it the next day without a reason. That happend a lot.. Also the training was terrible.. Manager did not like to answer questions. There was almost no training on register and the manager did not like helping.
Stressful
Help Desk Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Worked the late shift and did not have to worry about alot of the issues, and mostly worked b my self till the early housr of the day (3am) performing the job of 10 people al by my self.
Would not work here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Even though the manager or management is exelent they pay is too low compared to all the things that it is required for you to do! You had to move to other stores, do inventory, make deposits at the bank etc.. It was too much for so little.
Cons
low pay
Sales and sales
Retails associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Not a place to work pay is minimum wage is unbelievable i cant belive its like that it should not be possible management customers ill no be with themes
Pros
No pros worst place ever
Cons
No pay short hours
It has been a while
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2018
It has been too long since I worked there. Im not even sure they are still open they had to close most of their store in that area. But it was a good place to work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K