RadioShack
2,595 reviews

RadioShack Employer Reviews

Fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), FLMarch 26, 2015
I loved working at radio shack. I loved the customers and my co-workers. I had a great boss, who taught me allot of management skills. I promoted to a full time employee in 6 months and earned my key to the story within 3 months. I was taught closing duties and made bank runs. I work well with all types of customers an maintain my composure with an irate customer. I did not have too many irate customers, but they were taken care of in a professional sense. The hardest part of my job was doing planogram, simply because I am not a visual learner and I do not read maps too well. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, and having the ability to solve my customer's problems. I provided them with excellent customer service to keep them coming back to see us.
Fun, energetic atmostphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: wonderful atmosphere
Cons: was not able to retire there.
Early morning, by choice, fast paced energetic atmosphere with pleasant people to work with. Management and co-workers always friendly and happy. the hardest part of the job was always taking time off due to the fast paced workload. the most enjoyable apart of the job was working with such lovely easy going people.
Good expierience for customer service and sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 26, 2015
While working at Radio Shack I was able to gain valuable skills in customer service and sales while working in a field which I enjoyed.
A good career ruined by recent management
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Promotion from within
Cons: Shortsighted management
RadioShack was relevant until 2003. Management brought in from outside destroyed the company. There is a need for expertise in using and connecting todays technology
Stressful and bad location
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaMarch 26, 2015
Many people know that doing retail can be very difficult due to quite a few factors. Sometimes it can be the people you work with or it can be the customers that you work with. When I first started working at Radio Shack I was in a very good location in downtown. We had a lot of people walking by our store and a lot of the employees had helped build the reputation for the store. We had a lot of return customers who knew that when they needed help with anything, we were the people to talk to. A little while later I was moved to a different location without being properly notified and it increased my commute. The store was located in a bad area for that type of retail. This meant that sales were lower and I made less money, but had to travel farther. I learned a lot about cell phones and other electronics. I was able to increases my knowledge of certain electronics and learn about the hobbyist culture. I had some co-workers who I really enjoyed working with because they were hard working just like me. We worked well as a team and played off of each others strengths. I had a few bad ones as well who were either lazy or just didn't really care about doing the job. They actually increased the work load and I dreaded the days that I would have to work with them. The hardest part of the job was a mix of the bad location and working with lazy employees. The most enjoyable part was talking to customers who were hobbyists. They showed me how to build all kind of things using basic electronics. It was fascinating to know that there were people who still believed in the do it yourself part of electronics.
learned new skills and client servicing
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Hays, KSMarch 26, 2015
This job gave the opportunity to improve on my people skills and servicing clients. Flexible hours gave opportunity to explore new interests.
Working in retail
Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: discounted cell phone bill
Cons: health care
In this position I have learned it all from running a business to dealing with different people. My experience as a manager was mediocre due to my store being closed after nine months on the job. I have had lots of co workers come and go and learned a bit about each one. The hardest part of the job is selling something that people are not actually looking for. The most enjoyable part would be helping the customer find a solution.
Operations and Merchandising
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Delegating tasks, setting goals, responsibility of the store
I worked an open to close schedule 6 days a week at the end of my term for RadioShack. It was about making sure the store was clean and perfectly merchandised and running smoothly operations wise. Follow up calls and emails, making schedules, recruiting, employee training, cleaning the store, setting products with others related, shipping and receiving, filing contracts and employee paperwork and more.
Radio Shack
Store Manager (Former Employee), boston, MAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: cell phone discount
Cons: management, no freedom
Focusing On Sales & Operation Management

Major Downfall Was Selling Overpriced Merchandise to Smart People.

Management Was Not That Easy to Reach. You Would Send Them An Email & It Would Take 3 - 5 Business Days to Respond.

Co Workers Where Very Hard Work.

Hardest Part Of The Job Was Not Being Able To Make Everyone Happy.

Someone Would Walk Into My Store Angry Because Of a Problem
And I Would Provide Them With A Solution That Would Make Them Happy & Smile.
Productive and very friendly environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great Customer service experience
Cons: Not compensated enough for all the things you do.
A typical day at Radio shack will consist of greeting customers, asking if the need any help on finding a particular item and if so what features they are interested in.In the time that I've been working at Radio Shack I learned all about different technologies such as phones,tablets,headphones and computers. Most importantly i learned the different types of customer experiences you can have with just any customer and that in some way made me understand their needs and actually help them in a way i didn't know i was able to. In my opinion management has been very well organized and productive that has helped the company be functioning for such a long time and making customers happy with their purchase and their experience at shopping at Radio Shack. I've had a lot of different coworkers from all different backgrounds and that has been something I enjoyed dearly because it has led me to interact with all types of people and work together as a team which is something some jobs don't offer.Till this day i still keep in touch with some of my old coworkers just because we have built such a great bond from working together and all the experiences we had. The Hardest part of working at Radio Shack has been mostly just dealing with the bad side of a customer such as their demands and thinking that you're wrong and their right just about everything they are telling you in which is mostly not right because i do know about the product i am trying to sell you and i have been taught the right way of how to provide you with the services and features you are looking for. But in the same aspect you also have great customers who are really nice and carrying and that just makes it for me the most enjoyable part of my job because i do care about people and helping someone get what they want goes a long way for me and that makes me feel very good at the end of the day knowing i was able to do something nice for someone.
Great co-workers and a good place to work.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working with great people
Cons: Could not turn around the business
Enjoyed my job with company, learned a lot about working independently and with others.Hardest part was trying to get carriers to pay freight claims, Most enjoyable part was working with the people. I will miss working for RadioShack. I believe RadioShack tried hard to take care of their people.
Electronics Store
District Training Store Manager (Current Employee), Denton, TXMarch 25, 2015
Great place to learn selling skills and help customers
working nights weekends and holidays
performance based pay plan
great place to get into management
Fun and friendly envirnment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Colton, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: informative, and very honest
Cons: small store not always busy
I dealt with about 100- 200 customers a day, while leading my team to the top. Selling the best merchandise and satisfying our customers every needs was always number one. Great experience for my journey.
Decent workplace with poor management
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denham Springs, LAMarch 25, 2015
Since Radioshack was heading towards bankruptcy, the days were quiet and uneventful, so I spent most of my time stocking and organizing.
I did learn a lot about technology and phones, which was helpful outside of work as well.
My manager did very little but expected much from his employees, which was difficult to deal with. He was not friendly and had terrible customer service and we received many complaints about him.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with my manager, which was trying at the best of times.
I enjoyed most of my other coworkers, however, and loved that we were a team. Even though it was a competitive job, we all worked together when a problem arose, which was very refreshing.
laid back
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Louisburg, NCMarch 25, 2015
Typical day of work is answering phones helping customer, opening new phone accounts, upgrading phones.
Co- workers are great and also manager.
Hardest part of job not having enough co workers there, or not having enough training.
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers.
Very demanding envrionment
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee), TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Freedom to set own schedule as long as visits and execution meet expectations
Cons: Pay ranks low on the national and State average for same position within similar companies
Sr management was not always cognizant of the demands on time. The past year has been one fire drill after another with inconsistent direction as well as contradictory tasks changing sometime multiple times in a day.
Store CLOSED.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tamaqua, PAMarch 24, 2015
Store closed abruptly. Company filed for bankrupcy. It did NOT take care of employees. Severance pay, vacation, owed overtime disappeared...36 years of faithful service. That's why the LOW ratings. Enjoyed the first 35.9 years.
Setting clear, ambitious, and challenging goals and reinforcing the overall store appearance.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ukiah, CAMarch 24, 2015
Day to day sales and maintaining a overall clean store appearance. Maximizing profit by utilizing the profit and loss statement as well as ordering store supplies per stores needs and cost.
its going down
Sales Associate (Current Employee), burlington,njMarch 24, 2015
Good and Bad Days, The people are cool to work with, and management is okay. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with the people who believe everything is over and you must accommodate to the prices they believe they should pay.
Ok job for part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jefferson, MDMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Easy to get job
Cons: Unreasonable quotas, Low pay, Hard to advance
I enjoyed my first few months at Radioshack as someone who just got out of high school. Pay isnt that great, but its something.

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more

RadioShack Salaries