RadioShack
2,682 reviews

RadioShack United States Employee Reviews

Productive, friendly service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Massena, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly, easy, great experience.
Cons: Slow work environment
Easy day, a little slow
Learned more about fuses, different specs, and promoting cell phone sales.
Manager and Coworkers were a blast.
No hard parts.
Great team efforts.
Fun place to work , love the customers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: fun place to work.
Cons: 1000 radio shack closed down including my store
A typical day at work will be opening the store , check and order inventory . Manage the day with my 13 employees. As a manager I lean that i be able to turn a conflict to a positive experience with a customer.
RadioShack Job Summary
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Decorah, IAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on weekends, break times, and reduced store prices
Cons: Lazy coworkers, angry customers, and inappropriate jokes
A typical day at RadioShack involved showing up to work 15 minutes early and then deciding whether to begin dusting the shelves or immediately helping customers. Since I worked in a rather small town (10,000 people) the business would come in waves and would require you to drop whatever you were doing to assist the customer.
The management was friendly but was strict if you were not completing your tasks. The coworkers were friendly as well. One of the hardest things during my time at RadioShack was dealing with angry customers over their phone service. This required calling a corporate office, which in turn, would take a long amount of time because of the strenuous hold times. Although that was the most difficult part, the most enjoyable part was solving any customers problem and receiving their thanks.
Great Opportunity for growth and advancement
Regional Administrator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 22, 2015
Fast paced job with many opportunities for growth.
Was able to impact positively careers and promotion opportunities.
Was able to help develop store managers into competent Business Managers.
You decide what you get paid
Acting Manager (AMN) (Current Employee), Woburn, MAApril 21, 2015
Always have the opportunity to make as much money as you want. Base pay + commission. Fast paced environment and very sales driven.
hated working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: store discounts
Cons: you can never sell enough batteries
day : open up vacuum, clean windows, front merchandise, then assist customers, after every customer, the managers would sneak up on you and say "why did u fail to sell batteries" even though u give every customer the song and dance.

boss didn't try to make me one of the team,

for some reason, only wanted me wear jeans, not slacks
Good employer except for that bankruptcy
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great company culture, good work-life balance, great co-workers and management
Cons: company is bankrupt
RadioShack had a wonderful culture, and a good work-life balance. Compensation was pretty good, but less generous in the later years, due to financial difficulties of the company. Resource management improved over the years, so that we had very good managers at the end. The interesting work, and wonderful co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was to see RadioShack dissolve in bankruptcy.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 21, 2015
Radio Shack was very energetic, the people were fun to work with, and the environment was good. It paid well and allow plenty of hours for a full time job.
Bankrupt and Alone
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MIApril 21, 2015
To many things change to fast. Company can't make up their minds on important matters. They don't care about the people that actually do the hard work of the company.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2015
great company was going out of business and was cutting hours at work i was unable to finish all task i was given due to the lack of hours i was given
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 21, 2015
I work at Radio Shack until the store in my city closed. Great working environment with better co-workers. Overall laid back environment as long as work is completed in a timely fashion.
exciting job
Driver (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXApril 21, 2015
daily interactions with customers over the phone and stores looking for items and orders. Set up installation appointments for Direct TV and training classes.
fun company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), La Puente, CAApril 20, 2015
fun, chill, you can manage your stores axactly like your personality, if your personality is lazy you have a horrible store but if you keep up with your store you do great
High school job
Sales Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 20, 2015
Didnt offer room for advancement, however it is an awesome company to work for if you are in high school.
I was happy at RadioShack for about 20 of the 22 years that I worked there.
District Administrator (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 20, 2015
Pros: Met several wonderful people.
Cons: They wen't out of business and didn't fulfill severence payouts to employees
Typical day - filing, answering calls, spreadsheets, hiring
What I learned - how to effectively manage a business
My immediate supervisors were always top notch
I had excellent co-workers
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to manage my time and responsibilities in a manner that worked for me and the business.
b
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 18, 2015
it was a good job. Management was good and the store environment was good as well. Co- workers were also good to be around positive attitudes.
We had some good dinners with good people
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 18, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: In the winter not having parking lot not cleared for us.
I had some good experiences at Radio Shack .I was also able to learn some new skills there as a forklift driver.The management there was a mixed bunch.Some of management was more involved than others.I met some some really great people there and will miss them a lot.The hardest part of my job was at the holidays when we would be very busy,but I like being busy.The most enjoyable part of my job was having 3 day weekends,I loved the 4 ten hour days.
Inormative fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Getting to know the latest technology
Cons: Not being bilingual
I met all sorts of charismatic people who were much more well versed in electronics than I will ever be. The knowledge that Idid gain from working at this business still helps me today.
Laid back, fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Belgrade, MTApril 16, 2015
During my six years in this small town store, I didn't have to deal with very many typical angry customers. Most people were very nice and appreciated my assistance. As such, a typical day was fairly amicable, consisting of assisting customers, chatting with co-workers, and enjoying whatever was on the television display.
Management was good. As a small store, there was only about five employees, making it easier to manage.
The worst part of this job, as with any customer service, was those times that a customer became flippant or angry. I simply explained the situation to those customers, often apologetically, and hoped they would become rational and understand.
Great while it lasted
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bangor, MEApril 16, 2015
I had a great time working for Radioshack. It's unfortunate that the company went through bankruptcy shortly after I joined.

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more

RadioShack Salaries