RadioShack
2,774 reviews

RadioShack Employee Reviews

manager stole money and framed everyone there,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ogdensburg, NYMay 28, 2015
we went through 5 employees until the manager finally quit, huge fiasco. store went under when we could have been a powerhouse if we were supplied with the right amount of inventory
Excellent customer interactions
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of providing great customer service. Although the management seem inconsistent at times, I learned a lot from my co-workers. As a new employee, it was difficult to quickly direct customers in the right location of the store. However, after putting daily/weekly tags up I picked up item location a lot faster.
Decent Place to work, but it's a struggling company right now
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pompton Plains, NJMay 27, 2015
In-store managers were mostly down to earth and friendly.

Co-workers are friendly and competitive

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the inconsistency of traffic flow when it comes to customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNMay 27, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was taking on the task of customer electronic needs or questions and having a solution for them to make their day.
Fast Growing Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Burlington,NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Prizes
Cons: Closing store down managers did not get fair bebnefits and packages
My day consist of opening and closing the store. I would do a walk around the store to see what needed to be ordered. Paperwork and set weekly and monthly goals for the store and associates. And do inventory of high price items. Also do conference calls twice a week and hold meetings with associates. The hardest part of the job was doing my job when I had no help but with time management things were easier for me. The most enjoyable part of the job were have challenges with my associates so they could reach their goals and they were rewarded with a prize. It made working so fun.
Productive workplace with customer service experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Logan, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: working with the public
Cons: short hours
Typical day is helping customers find products they need and leading them towards essential products. I have learned many new products while working for RadioShack, including how to build your own remote or robot. I work with like minded co-workers, we help each other out whenever we can.
lead in sales
Salesman (Current Employee), Peoria, AZMay 26, 2015
everything and anything you had to transition to a bigger sale, it enhanced my knowledge of newer electronics but was very poor in stock and communication. managers always had anyone's back in sales assists, and always helped recommend products that may otherwise been left out upon attempting to recommend the complete solution. very competitive work environment and was always a challenge trying to outsell your co-workers. but the most fulfilling thing was once a sale was made and the customer was happy with their purchase, the sense of satisfaction that came along afterwards knowing that you made their life more enjoyable
Bad Company
Phone Sales (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2015
Treated the target mobile crew like they didn't care with everything. Never had the proper items when people wanted them and that made the sale go down. Company never showed any interest in employee feelings when comes to breaks. It was like the contractor that we worked for took more care in us workers than the company
Great structure always micro managed
Senior Divisional Real Estate Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, benefits
Cons: micro management, internal politics
Working at RadioShack's Estate Department had it's daily challenges, lots of internal politics, micro management and fear of being laid off at a moments notice. I saw 48 people come and go in the Real Estate department, most went on to do better things in life. I was told I was too nice to landlords but I was always a leader in deal count. When I started management was very passionate about how the company was ran, towards the end all the passionate people had been let go and outsiders brought in to bring the company down. I saw the future and got out while the getting was good.
Always something to do and ever changing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gonzales, LAMay 25, 2015
Typical work day includes helping customers with various situations from cell phone to trying to connecting someone's phone to a Bluetooth speaker or headset.

I learned a lot from radio shack including how to activate all three major wireless company phones.

Management will work with you on your situations.

My co-workers are just as knowledgeable as me or even more so I can go to them about any situation.
Slow and sometimes boring.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Small, and Chill Enviornment
Cons: No Job Security, Limited Hours
After Radio Shack went through their whole bankruptcy scandal it completely changed the mood inside the store and in the public eye. People around the area who normally go to us have just stopped, people really believe that we closed down and stop showing up, and with that the business slowed down. It gets so slow and boring that for 8 hours you're just greeting in window shoppers.
In consideration...
Electronic sales associate (Former Employee), sarasotaMay 23, 2015
They were a rough company to work for. Consent hour changes. No clear focus and micro management to a point that you want to scream.
awesome people to work with
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 23, 2015
Pros: great boss
Cons: day was over to early
you come into work with an atmosphere of fun ready to work individuals. everyday I learned new ways to help my customers in whatever their search was for the most intriguing items.
One of my favorite workplaces
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valley, WAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts, cool managers, decent coworkers
Cons: Closing down the store for good required long hours
We got to play with electronics on our down time (for demonstration purposes) and we received an exemplary employee discount, what's not to like? The job security was poor, as many Shacks closed down nationwide...
Had some managers that were really cool, talked to mostly pleasant customers, had a good time. IHOP is my other favorite workplace.
I'm still enjoying several devices such as a portable power bank, portable speakers, and a computer headset. I was happy I worked there, but disappointed that my store was one of the locations to close.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2015
Being friendly with customers.
My most memorable to and ejoyable part about this job as my co workers. They were always nice and friendly.
Fun and intersting job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Galion OhioMay 20, 2015
Pros: Fun job, nice coworkers.
Cons: No benefits outside of paycheck.
Boss and coworkers were nice and helpful.
I learned a lot about electronic construction and technology essentials, ie. how to solder, etc.
The hardest part was also the funnest, when you could not figure out what was wrong you would have to problem solve and make it work.
Lots of company changes and new managment every few days. Very unorganized and the coworkers arent too friendly.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Good hours, Easy and relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Management, training, lack of supplies fr work
Other than the lack of management and no regard for customer service, the actual "work" was mostly standing around and talking to people.
Summary for Radioshack
sales associate (Former Employee), santa rosa CAMay 19, 2015
Radioshack is a workplace that is a decent job at a high school level of work experience. Management made the job more enjoyable
Simple and easy place to work
Associate/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great Manager
Everyday was something different, normal work pace, did a lot of stocking, enjoyed working with people and the electronics, great manager, and was a pretty simple job for me.
Several management changes in the last 5 to 10 years. The company is in decline
Sr. Store Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, INMay 19, 2015
The company was a great place to learn management skills, keep up with new technology, and interact with a diverse clientele. However, over the last several years, as corporate management struggled to keep the company profitable, the work environment suffered.

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more

RadioShack Salaries