RadioShack
1,987 reviews

RadioShack Employer Reviews

Radioshack
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 17, 2014
Pros: 50% off your cell phone bill!
Cons: standing on your feet.
I've worked at RadioShack since 2012, and every day is usually fun and exciting. I enjoy meeting new people and staying busy, so being a sales associate really gives me that opportunity. Usually I go into work and start my basic responsibilities. I begin helping customers and continue fixing product placement and sales signage. Every week I learn something – more... new about consumer electronics, from new merchandise to new technology. The managers of the district are all very well connected and communicate openly with all sales associates, so you end up knowing who everyone is fairly quickly. I love when a customer has a difficult question or a tricky conversion they are trying to accomplish ("I need my video camera to play the files from my ipod through my projector system at work"). It really tests your knowledge of electronics and encourages you to try new things. – less
okay!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2014
it's a fun place to work. Great if you like dealing with electronics. the is pay not so good. it needs better management
fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable
Cons: low pay
very flexible schedule
commiission base
learn new people
co-workers are very helpful
part time job
must know your products in order to do well in making your commission
Fun fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, MiAugust 14, 2014
Assist customers on a day to day basis. Learn something new every day regarding technology.
Clam but also very productive place
sales (Former Employee), Daina beachAugust 13, 2014
great experience overall. manager was great. learned a lot about technology.
Helped customers with technical questions
Sales Technician (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is that I can be around people and technology. I have learned to provide complete solutions to customers.
A competitive and fast paced environment where you are the connection between new cutting edge technology and the consumer.
Technical Support/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 13, 2014
best place to sharpen your customer service skills, where technology is at your finger tips and a wide base of training in different categories.
OBEJECTIVE:
General Manager (Current Employee), Radford, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: was hard getting replenish
A typical day at work was just having you regular people who shops with you all the time to tell you about their day or asking about the latest phone. What I’ve learned from there is always go out your way to help a customer. I had a great staff no one ever called out of work. The enjoyable part of the job was winning as a team.
Typical day
Store Manager (Current Employee), Erwin,ncAugust 13, 2014
Pros: customer service
A typical day at work is reviewing time cards, Checking in shipments,ordering merchandise, Daily paper work, helping customers find what they need, helping the associates with sales, and finding the right merchandise for the customer.
Productive job with a friendly workspace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: job security and pay
Radioshack constantly changes things and the company is doing a downward spiral. Feel like the security of my job.
Good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLAugust 11, 2014
Working for Radio Shack was a learning experience. I learned alot about electronices that I did not know before. Management was very passionate about their jobs and passed on a lot of knowledge.
Noticeable lack of vision
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: interesting toys to play with.
Cons: lack of focus, schedule volatility.
I rather enjoyed the people I worked with directly and the manager was very skilled regarding the ins and outs of the company, but I quickly came to recognize that the company seemed to lack any strategic focus. The corporation was unsuccessfully trying to rebrand itself to resemble its competitors but only managed to alienate its core demographic. – more... I am unsure as to the company's future, but I wish them luck. – less
Was a customer service sales associate.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: work with technology and with customers.
Cons: would have like to have been paid a little more.
I help customers find whatever they need in the store to help the technology needs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Pablo, CAAugust 10, 2014
Cool co-workers, stocked the merchandise and helped customers.
productive and excellent environment to escalate as a customer service expert.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
A day consisted of a heavy traffic of at lease 400 people in and out.
I have leaned how to help the diverse type of people and guide them with there needs.
I have been in control of 7 to 10 people to manage and monitor with excellent reports.
Enthusiastic hard working and motivated team.
Inventory long shifts has been the hardest part and the Best making – more... a customer feel like home and satisfied with are services. – less
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
It's a great place to work at radioshack, i enjoy all the employees, i have a great manager to hang out with and make our job life more exciting, everyday we have something new to talk about.
Wishy Washy
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2014
They want you to constantly push cell phones onto people, all while constantly changing your commission.
Having fun
Assistant Manager/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southeastern PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: the overall working environment
Cons: lack of pay and when people return stuff and lost of commission
I would open and / or close the store. I stocked the selves. Wait on customers. Help the other people on the staff and cashed out the cash drawer. I would be the manager when the manager was not in the store. The management was varied from on store to another store but most of them was good.
Stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Suitland, MDAugust 8, 2014
Organizing different sections of the store, counting the register before and after shift. Made weekly audits with staff and manager. Learned how to set up phone lines and the difference between the items. My co-workers were very outgoing and fun to be around with along with management. The hardest part of the job was inventory and rearranging all the – more... items from one section to another. – less
Good entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: enviroment
Cons: pay
pretty laid back, pay sucks but management was pretty good. the job was easy but it's based on what you can sell, after a year working there I was recruited by a major wireless retailer.

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more