RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 3,683 reviews matching the search
Great family atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 22, 2016
Ability to learn many new and exciting skills, plus keeping up with trends. Fun place to work, coworkers were great and very helpful, close net. Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the friendly environment and the daily sales competitions we'd have.
Pros
see new product
Cons
no job security
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYSeptember 21, 2016
The variety of product offered by the company keeps the employess tuned in and provides the employees with ample opportunity generate extra revenue. Radio Shack is all about selling, because the hourly rate of pay is not so high. Although, it did provide a solid foundation for me when it comes to retail and telecommunications.
Sales/ Management (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJSeptember 20, 2016
Understanding daily sales up against, selecting a list of items to sell and drive that are profitable, Reviewing P&L, couching and tracking associates performance, Having a great looking store (sales ready) control expenses to maximize profits, self motivated, enjoys working ,
Pros
experienceing new electronics and using them
Cons
Getting a new item learning about it, and discontinueing it because its falty
kept me learning about the management experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
RadioShack was intensive as I was required to work over 55 hours weekly for one day off, I started off as an assistant manager and was quickly promoted to Store manager at the Sugarland, TX, location. There I kept the store profitable and was also in charge of hiring personnel.
terrible
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTSeptember 17, 2016
Work hard for little pay.forced to sell warrentys that arent worth the paper they are printed on. not allowed to work overtime but, but forced to clock out to finish the sale
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
everything
Great place to gain experience.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 16, 2016
Overall I loved my job and although they gave us a raise they did cut our hours. You learn new things and they always push you to sell products as you do get commission.
Pros
Easy job, You learn new things and expand your customer service and selling skills.
Cons
No longer get holiday pay, Full time employees don't get vacation.
Very run down. Very out of date.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 16, 2016
The product Radio Shack was selling in their stores was very difficult to sell because it was just TOO out of date. We made most our sales off pre paid phones.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 15, 2016
You had better be ready to be on your feet a lot as it is a retail environment. Management is sometimes disorganized but overall I enjoyed my tenure at RadioShack.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Corporate cut managers salaries recently by almost half
Great job, tech savvy, a lot of history in the company.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 14, 2016
RadioShack was a great first job for me that helped me build my social skills. I learned how to greet and approach customers, finding out what they need and how it works, as well as learning how to manage a store. My manager was great, he very knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was being the only associate there at some points due to the lack of staff, which meant dealing with several customers at a time while being alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers understand our products, and showing them how it would benefit them for whatever they needed it for. I had many repeat customers who would come back to seek my assistance because of the great job that I did.
Pros
good environment
Cons
short staff
Fun
Assistant Manager, Interim Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 12, 2016
Fun job. great manager terrible corperate. rarely saw our reps. but its a completely different business now.

Cell phones ruined the company and the employees
Sales and technical support.
Principal duties (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 12, 2016
Not a good place to work, no management support. Management personnel changes constantly. No logic to anything being done. No wonder they had financial issues.
Fun and exciting work with tech and cell phones
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Sells and customer service in audio, video, cv radio, tv, and cell phones. I specialized in cell phone knowledge and sells and held #1 ranking in over all sells in every district in Texas. The hardest part of the day was rearranging an entire store for new items, The most enjoyable part was getting to play with new tech and informing myself in order to out perform everyone else in sells.
Pros
New tech and information
Cons
Closing of radioshacks all over the country
General Part Time Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PASeptember 10, 2016
Decent job to have during college. Work days were very slow and relaxed. Business was very slow. Easy to work around college/ home schedule. Very trusting.
Pros
Great for working around schedules
Cons
Pay, Management
RadioShack
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHSeptember 9, 2016
Company is a good company to work for but the turn over rate is high, besides most of the stores are closing as well. The store pays well so that's a good thing.
Pros
N/A
Cons
working alone. gets to busy at times
it was an ok job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkesburg, PASeptember 8, 2016
the best part of the job was dealing with the customers. the manager didn't really handle business like he was supposed to but none the less got the job done
Pros
customers
Cons
no steady hours
back in the day it was a great culture
Store Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 8, 2016
made life long relationships with customers and coworkers.
I grew up there.
best part of the job was developing successful crews.
sales was the hardest part of the job
Pros
rewarding sales
Cons
changing ceos
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 8, 2016
Always change; New technology, Change in the lay out of the store, New product, etc. I enjoyed the customers. Always was something to learn and training to do.
Great job, tech savvy, a lot of history in the company.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VASeptember 7, 2016
RadioShack was a great first job for me that helped me build my social skills as well as helping me practice my Spanish, which is my second language. I learned how to greet and approach customers, finding out what they need and how it works, as well as learning how to manage a store. My manager was great, he very knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was being the only associate there at some points due to the lack of staff, which meant dealing with several customers at a time while being alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers understand our products, and showing them how it would benefit them for whatever they needed it for. I had many repeat customers who would come back to seek my assistance because of the great job that I did.
Pros
Friendly environment, and i was able to deal with technology and explaining how it worked to customers.
Cons
Stores were beginning to shut down
The best of times, and the worst of times
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brady, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Growing up, I would walk our local mall and marvel at the electronics, and well dressed employees. My manager was amazing. He gave me ample time to train, and even encouraged me to go further than just the required 13 core training programs. I went on and trained in all of the material. I walked away confident in my knowledge of the product. This helped when there cuts. I had a higher sales rate than the others, and they kept me instead of the person that had a longer seniority. I eventually went into the management program and "graduated" with the highest grade in my district. Pretty much all of my co-workers we eager to teach me things. We believed in play and have as much fun as you want, as long as the work got done. The hardest part of the job was actually getting ready for inventory, witch we did once a quarter. The most enjoyable part was inventory. I love inventory.
Pros
Ample learning opportunities, once a quarter inventory
Cons
As the years went on, Radio Shack became a cellphone store instead of an electronics super store.
pleasant work environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Overall during my time at this specific job it was nice to be able to help and educate costumers with general questions about the latest gadgets that were coming out. My co workers helped make the hours fly by teaching me new methods with pricing and inputting product information.
Pros
always had a set 8hr work schedule
Cons
no issues