RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 3,845 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHDecember 30, 2016
I learned about all the little parts and how things worked as well learning how to sell products like cell phones, dish services and electronic equipment. I was one of the assistant store managers and I was in charge of opening and closing the store, bank deposits, payroll, stocking and most of important Customer Service. I always made sure my customers was always happy and taken care of as I would want to be.
Pros
My Customers
Cons
Little pay for being an Assistant Manager
Major Management Issues
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 19, 2017
This place is a joke and has major issues, was here for over a year, upper management lies to you and to customers to boost sales, they don't care if it is something you don't even need as long as they make a sale, and you have to watch your back because market managers will do fraudulent things behind your back again to boost numbers and then blame you for things left and right. Very shady environment.

The upper management also loves talking down to you and degrading you, so if you like being treated like trash and working every holiday, then this is a job for you.
Good Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJanuary 13, 2017
IF there is still one open where live its good place to work.

during lean months its hard to get all your hours

Everything , I've been here for over 3 years and still haven't had a raise they say that you get Commission of what you sell . But that's not always promised specially in the location on a map barely have sales been I have people that come in so how my getting my commission . I have all these responsibilities like locking the door at night holding the keys to the store dropping off the deposit doing that it's apposit…
I only worked here as seasonal help.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 29, 2016
I was hired on here a few years back only as seasonal help during the holidays. I was hired on as a part time sales associate. The pay and hours were fine. The manager I had at the time was very nice and helpful to me.

It's difficult to review the job as I only worked there a very short time.
The biggest negative takeaway I had from working there was they made you travel around to places like Ankeny to learn about products sold in the store. While I feel this is a very good business practice, as a part time worker only there for a few weeks it was quite annoying paying gas money to drive on the weekends.
Very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton Beach, NYJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at Radioshack would be great and pretty busy in the area in which i was located. I learned alot from my co-workers. How to speak and comfort customers about their needs. The management there was amazing, turned out to be great friends even outside of the work environment. Possibly the hardest part for me at the job was not moving up with the company, i felt that i could have become assistant manager or even store manager but since Radioshack filed for bankruptcy, it became hard for me to do so, but other than that i had no problem working there and i enjoy my time there as well.
Pros
Busy location, time flew past
A company that offers a starting platform for electronic sales.
Customer Service, Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 3, 2017
This company has now merged with a major cell phone giant -Sprint, as a strategy to keep their company afloat. Previous to this employees had the advantage of earning a minimum wage salary, plus commission benefits, by selling basic electronic equipment up to high end cell phones through non -contract and contractual cell phone plans and services, along with accessories.
Pros
Variety of electronic products to sell.
Cons
Commission for contract sales was minimal and no technical service availability.
First job. Fun place to work. Huge emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJanuary 5, 2017
This was a first job. Though part-time, it help me to establish a good work ethic and stressed the importance of proper customer service, time management skills, and how to adhere to a daily operations plan.

In this position I assisted customer in making buying-decisions by provided relevant product information and support. I was also required to ensure that the retail store appearance and culture aligned with corporate office initiatives.
Pros
Good sales culture and corporate support
Cons
Low Pay and work-hour scheduling conflicts
Electronic problem solver
Signal Hill Mall. Retail sales, customer service (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 22, 2017
I meet people and help their electronic needs. Hardest part sometimes is understanding their problems, the best part is when we can solve their problem. Radio Shack has offered the public a variety of products and services from day one. Danny Fox is one of the best managers I have ever worked for in retail sales and I have learned so much from his experiences with electronics.
Pros
Get to play with cool stuff
Cons
Lack of products and web sales.
Worst job I've ever had
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 12, 2016
Day to day it's just a normal retail job. The company however makes it very difficult to want to go in. They've since close A LOT of stores and I could have told you that was going to happen 3 months in to working there. They completely got away from the products that made them relevant as a company. Other than 3 cabinets we didn't carry anything as far as fuses and things of that nature. All about cell phones and it killed the company in my opinion.
Slow, minimum wage, no customers to earn commision
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXDecember 2, 2016
Keeping up the store and helping out customers was a fine job. The pay was minimum wage with commission based on cell phone sales and warranties. There was allot of pressure from cooperate to push cell phones onto customers at the time, with minimum sales numbers to meet. This was an issue because my store might have only 3 customers the entire day. I had multiple shifts where I never even had a customer come in. Hours started to drop and that location closed down a few years after I left.
Pros
Handling/selling the newest phones at the time
Cons
no customers, no chances for commission
Decent place to work if you understood the products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 29, 2016
This job will get you up close and personal with a lot of people. You really need to know all the products the store sells if you want to get ahead with this company.

Your knowledge of cell phones and their associated service plans is a must. Take the time to learn them and keep up to date with them.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up to date with all the little bits of information about each product that the company sells.
Pros
You learn a lot if you apply yourself
Cons
If you're not a people person, this may not be the job for you
Wow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganDecember 29, 2016
I had a great job here as store Manager, I started this job as a sales rep and moved through the ranks very quickly. I made very good friendship here that have lasted a lifetime, I loved being a store Manager the responsibility was worth it I was able to give mt daughter and I a great living, the Company is great with family and the responsibilities that go along with raising a family as a single parent.
Pros
great hours
Cons
inept emplyees at times
Great overall experience
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 24, 2016
I began working here and I didn't know where to begin. My managers continued to believe in me and therefore I tried to be come a student. I recognized my potential and I grew. I noticed that the customers that came inside were loyal customers that have been coming there for years which said a lot about my managers. It provided a comfortable healthy environment for me to enjoy and have fun inwhile maintaining a professional work environment.
It was a great place to work.
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Before the company filed for bankruptcy, it was a great place to work, helped customers find the right product for them, set them up with a new cell phone, and kept the visual merchandising in order. However, after the bankruptcy, the foot traffic dropped drastically, making my job security scarce.
Pros
Helping people, hands on with new technology.
Cons
30 minute breaks, working alone on the sales floor.
Actually quite fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 22, 2016
I had fun learning about the job. Its fairly simple retail but there were somethings that you had to know for the hobbyists that would come in for parts etc. Knowledge of tvs, cell phones and other technological things helped but you learned a lot on the job as well.

I priced items,restocked and ran register. At the time we sold cell phones, enrolled people in cell plans, up-sold accessories and had to have knowledge of the most commonly used batteries. Years later I can still roughly identify what type of battery you will need for what kind of key fob or watch.
Pros
I learned a lot of new things about tech and phones
Cons
I was treated as if i didnt matter when I was sick, I was fired for being sick on my days off and refusing to come into work.
Fun and exciting.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 3, 2017
Like the newest geek toys? well this is the job for you. Help people find the right gadget. Help them fix their gadgets. And much more. I worked there what 20 years ago so I have no idea what its like now. I do know its not commission any more. They have removed most of what made them famous. They really have chosen to become non-relevant in modern times.
Pros
Fun, Fast advancement, Toys for Geeks
Cons
no idea.
A family that made it their mission to help every customer.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day included, greeting customers when entering the store and assisting them with their shopping. While learning new ways to better assist each customer and learning about new products with the customer in a friendly laughable environment to keep customers feeling welcomed.

The hardest part for working in RadioShack was being able to meet every customers needs because sometimes the store would have the product and sometimes we will be sold out. So, having to tell a customer we do not have what they were looking for was very difficult.

The most enjoyable part working at RadioShack was seeing customers walk out the store with excitement to use their new item either for their entertainment or for their household.
Great hardworking co workers. Very motivated.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 3, 2016
Company had its ups n downs. Unfortunately, I joined the company when they had just filled for chapter 11. A few managers I had were very pleasant, but when it came to higher management there were a lot of flaws. Overall, I give Radioshack 2 stars for lack of care for employees and no paid overtime.
Pros
Outstanding, hardworking, and friendly co workers.
Cons
Short lunches, poor management and no overtime was ever given when we worked.
Positive Working Environment
Store Manager/ District Manager Trainee (DMT) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 4, 2016
Great Honor to be Promoted to the biggest store in the district, also a great pressure. I saw that there was no room for failure, and with that had to be team work. I restrained and assembled a team that would drive sales and know operations to move to the next level. We set sales records since 1975, when the mall opened Radio Shack. Great team work and we finished with a win!
Pros
Interpersonal skills
Cons
Company wasn't doing very well
A decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN 46360November 20, 2016
Radioshack is a decent place to work. There is minimal training when it comes to electronics, so being experienced with them will go a long way when working here. The company only really cares about sales, but in order to sell, customers will expect you to have an understanding and knowledge of products.
Pros
Decent discounts on Radioshack brand products
Cons
Comission structure constantly changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.