RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 4,470 reviews matching the search
challenging job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 20, 2017
selling phones and electronics to different customers. There I learned how to sell products to different type of people. The management there was nice and taught everyone how to sell. The culture there was commission based and we all worked competitive but respectful. The hardest part of this job was actually learning all the products. The best part was selling phones.
Pros
commission based and hourly pay
Cons
learning all the products
Not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 20, 2017
Im glad I had the experience, but it was a very poor place to work. The store that I worked at is not even around any more. The managing was sub par and the associates were treated to be competitive with each other and there was not a lot of opportunity to grow.
Company went out of business.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
This company went out of business so I do not have much to say. As a manager, you would probably work 6 days a week. Only get half hour lunch and not too much time off.
Good co workers company went bankrupt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 17, 2017
Good place to work, had a family like setting with my co-worker. Learned alot as i worked there from parts an electronic peices. To cell phones and and steroes, like most jobs felt like i should have been paid more
Pros
Good work inviorment
Cons
Not enough pay or rom to groe
mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 17, 2017
They did not have their life together or their businesses. They had to file for bankruptcy then closed many stores. They closed the store I worked at with no notice.
good work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2017
There was room to grow. I enjoyed what I did there. I learned a lot and it was the best job I ever had. I learned customer service and how to work with a team to achieve goals.
Worst job ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2017
They're bankrupt and that should tell you everything you need to know, so not sure what the point is to filling this out. My worst job ever. I worked a ton of hours and got paid less than many associates as a store manager.
Fantastic company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJAugust 16, 2017
Was a really good company and my favorite place to work thus far. Real shame they went bankrupt. would've worked there for a lot longer then I did. worked around your personal life and gave good commissions on everything.
Great work experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at RadioShack included working behind the counter as a sales associate, as well as day to day tasks to maintain the stores cleanliness. Counting the money in the register and making bank deposits was also a big part of my job. The workplace environment was very friendly, motivating and uplifting.
radioshack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHAugust 16, 2017
Less about gadgets and electronics, and more about pushing cell phones on people at every turn. Wouldn't work there again, as I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy on selling wireless.
A good first job to have
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAAugust 16, 2017
Working at Radio Shack was a learning experience. Unfortunately the business was going down hill and being pushed out of the market, due to other larger chains opening that provided better options and prices.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
poor management
Small store with returning customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 16, 2017
Before the store i worked at closed down it was you're typical electronic store. We had a number of responsibilities including helping customers, handling cash transactions, unloading our merchandise, opening and closing the store, cleaning it and having it prepared for the next day. I learned a lot about electronics.
Pros
The staff was great and the hours were very flexible
Cons
A lot of theft and a high volume store for shrinkage, cops constantly called
Excellent hard working store managers.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORAugust 15, 2017
At RadioShack the management was very personable and team focused. Definitely had to be an on the floor leader than a back room officer. I loved my time working at RadioShack, but the home office management made poor business decisions that prevented the RadioShack format to be a profitable business.
Pros
Great people to work with in store
Cons
Home office drove the company to bankruptcy
Ok loction overall no ping ball table
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2017
My experience wasn't bad, the customers could of been better but the staff was nice and friendly for the most part. The main reason I stayed was because I became friend with my manager, loyalty was the biggest factor
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 14, 2017
radioshack is a good entry level job, it is easy and very time managing, it was a good place to start until its most recent changes to the company. overall good job
Pros
time, entry level
Cons
short breaks, pay
fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 14, 2017
great company to work for. too bad they went out of business.
I would have spent my entire career working for that company but
it is no longer around.
Radioshack
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXAugust 14, 2017
I was a freshman in high school when I worked this job. It was my second job i ever had. My manager went by the nickname Trap. He was one of the nicest, honest, hardworking gentleman I have ever met. He took me under his wing and showed me all I needed to know to do my job effectively and efficiently, plus more. I enjoyed helping others find tech that they were interested in at the time. I also sold and repaired phones, so it was always nice to help out in anyway I could.
I really enjoy working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2017
Set up prepaid and postpaid phone services for customers
Offered solutions to products for products in a knowledgeable manner. Everyone there was so nice
Defunct Location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2017
I was paid below minimum wage and they somehow got away with this by promising "spiffs"- incentives for pushing specific products while hypocritically espousing the notion that RadioShack's mission is to make sure each customer gets what he or she wants.
I did not like this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJAugust 12, 2017
A typical day at Radio-shack consisted of helping customers to chose the correct purchases for their individual needs. You also need to do the average basic things like keeping a clean healthy workstation, maintaining the store, carrying in shipping items, and making phone calls to alert customers that their purchase came in.

In all honesty? I learned to never trust any other employees, to always be on top of my own work, and to always expect the worst of people.

The management rewarded liars and people who were not honest with customers. You could get written up for not selling your quota of warranties or batteries! This did nothing but bring more stress, and hampers your ability to function as a sales representative, when you are relying on inconsistent numbers to keep your job.

The most enjoying part of the day was the trip home.
Cons
Not Enough Pay, Major Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.