RadioShack Employee Reviews

paid us like they would when the store first opened
sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
come in and help customers find what they were looking for and upselling cell phones, pay you miminum wage with comission but everything price wise is so high people would go to walmart instead leaving the employess with no commision
Job Was Good To Learn ,Computer & Toys ,Phones Cell.
Part Time Cashire (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 15, 2017
I Learned Lots Of Things Like Computer ,New Tvs ,Child Toys Ele,
Cell Phones ,& Many Many Mores .
Management Was Really Good ,Very Helpful .
If You Work Hard You Gain Lot .
Most Enjoyable Part Xmas Time ,Lots Of Toys ,I Love To Play With Toys .
Challenging and Exciting with something new everyday.
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 13, 2017
The most enjoyable job that I have had by far. Everyday there was something different. I learned so many things about myself that I didn't realize before working for RadioShack. Customers came in many shapes and forms. Some were eager to make my day brighter and some in need of me making their day brighter. I was happy to oblige. Sales can be quite rewarding. Aside from the great people I met, There were many incentives.
Pros
Meeting people, commission
Cons
short breaks, base pay
Fun job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 13, 2017
Not much to say about this job, it was a pretty good place to work. Enjoyed working with customers and providing information about products. Great place to work temporarily, not necessarily great for a career.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Low pay
Productive and Competitive workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
How to engage, initiate and conduct conversations with customers. Actively listening to their needs. Addressing their wants. Finding services or products, best suited to those needs or wants. Problem solving any issues or concerns, involving products or services.

Took testing on every product and services, offered, frequently. Product knowledge was a tremendous asset, especially in sales.

Was a fun, fast=paced, competitive environment with opportunity for advancement. I was blessed to be promoted 3 times. Taking stores from the bottom of the district, and making them number one. Enjoyed the challenge in every aspect, so it never came hard, to me.
Pros
Incentives, commission, bonuses, etc.
Cons
Extremely long hours, at times.
moderately busy work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 11, 2017
With the exception of the pay. I enjoyed my time there. I had a great relationship with the staff and supervisor. I enjoyed helping the customers. Training was helpful. The store was always neat and clean. The store was located in a great location and store hours were good.
Pros
Cons
poor communication and planning
Nice enviroment
Customer service and cashier experienced (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2017
It was a fast pace but all the co-workers were kind friendly n curtious. Learn many technical terms with the technicians. The managers were terrific n awesome.
Pros
Mothers day lunching thaksgiving dinner n christmas lunch
Cons
Went out of business
There is a reason it is gone
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAOctober 11, 2017
This was a terrible place to work.
The managers began to micromanage to the point where it would have been better if they had just done it themselves.
Pros
Lots of free time...
Cons
A flawed sales system that peddled bad product
company out of business
Senior Store Manaager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2017
company out of business , mandatory 54 hour work week, sales gains were most important aspect, long hours and little respect for employees f you struggled. very high turnover rate for managers .
lots of turn over
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 9, 2017
this place was good but their pay was pretty bad for a assistant manager position but overall an ok company they have also closed their doors in many places
Radioshack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCOctober 9, 2017
Although Radioshack went bankrupt. It was a decent experience working in their retail store. I had an awesome manager whom worked with our schedules if we had another job. And our scheduling was based on our performance which gave us the incentive to do our best each day.
Pros
Laid back environment, Like Family
Cons
Pay
Decent
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2017
Worked there for 10 years. I’ve heard stories about management and such but I was lucky, I guess. My manager became my DM and he seemed to really care about the employees. I met a lot of people that I still talk to today. The pay could’ve even better but what do you expect in retail? Black Friday’s weren’t that bad...long hours but if you worked with good people, it went by fast. I would recommend it if they were still in business...the hours were pretty flexible. The benefits were expensive but you aren’t required to enroll. The discounts were decent and you had downtime which made it easier to play with all the new gadgets first.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent people
Cons
Pay, benefits, some customers
when it was open
Sales Associate/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 8, 2017
it was a great place to work at manager was always nice and helpful never felt overworked plus there was a small amount of team members to work with so it was nice to know everyone
Great memories
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILOctober 7, 2017
It was one of my favorite places as a kid and turned out to be a great place to work as well. More than a job the Shack was a serious go to for odd items and last minute tech needs.
Productive, and fast pace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dania, FLOctober 6, 2017
Typical day would be communicating with the store a manager to identify any responsibilities or task for that day. I would assign responsibilities to my team. I learned how to properly engaged a customer in purchasing a new device. Throughout the shift I set up responsibilities, and goals to hit by a certain time of the day. The culture there was fast pace. You really did not have much time to regroup because you was trying to sell any item in the store, and have an attachment with it. The hardest part of my job was meeting some of the goals. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers.
Pros
Learned about new phone daily.
Cons
Not enough support system
Dude they're going out of business
Sales Associate/Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garwood, NJOctober 5, 2017
Why would you work for a company that is closing? Don't even think of applying unless you want to make less than you would at McDonalds. The only thing they actually sell is wall phones.
Fun Work place
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsOctober 5, 2017
I always liked working at Radioshack. I enjoy helping people and working with my partner. my lunch time never was denied. my manager was great. i always find her laughing. it was the best teamwork!
going out of business
Retail Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 5, 2017
was a good place to work but shifted focus to cell phones and started losing original core business. then started hiring upper management from outside.. Atilla the hun moved in and company died
Interesting place to work
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYOctober 5, 2017
This was a very good place to work, alot of good people running the company, sadly they went out of business but overall i spent a long time with this company and treated me very well
Ended up closing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 5, 2017
It was an okay job but due to radioshack going bankrupt they ended up closing most of there stores, they pay was okay and they also offered ot which was good I wouldn't recommend this job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.