RadioShack
2,868 reviews

RadioShack Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Manager (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Knee jerk reaction from upper management
Great place to work once you were in management.The upper management was always reacting poorly to every situation. Quick to criticize, but rarely complimentary.
Radioshack was a great place to work, very upbeat place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at Radio shack consisted in setting up the store to be sales ready, greeting customers and administrating exceptional customer service.
You get what you get
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INJuly 7, 2015
Company in a downward spiral. Lots of lay offs and closings. no security even at district management level. Will never recommend working here
RadioShack never really change until it was to late.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Avondale, AZJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Started with good pay. Everyday was different.
Cons: Changed pay scale. No vision of the future.
The day would start by checking the training board to learn about any new devices that were coming out or a new sales tactic that might help boast the numbers. Then a look at what the daily total for the – more... store and what was required of me. Most of the co-workers were friendly and help pass the dead time between customers. The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with all the new changes at the end that did not help our sales goals but felt more like busy work. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the new features that came out with the new product and being able to relay that to the customer that could use those features. – less
Low pay for high work load
Regional Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2015
We were encouraged to not take a lunch. We had to man the phones at all times. No call was allowed to go to voicemail. High level of stress and workload and not compensated fairly.
sales driven, customers not kept in mind
Sales Associate (Former Employee), menomonee falls WIJuly 6, 2015
what can i say, they give you unrealistic sales goals and expect you to get them even if no one walks in the door, The hours were garbage and they never kept employees in mind
Meets and Greets customers at door with friendly approach.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Watts, CAJuly 3, 2015
Meets and Greets customers at door with friendly approach.
- Answers phones and directs calls as needed.
- Unbox, shelve, and Sales store products.
- Reloaded prepaid phone cards as needed
- Adhered to all safety codes of conduct when performing and completing tasks
Great place to work to learn how to overcome sales obstacles
District Training Store Manager (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 3, 2015
Learn a lot about electronics and get to work with clients in a low key setting to find solutions to their needs. Long hours required with no work life balance.
it was a job
sales assent (Former Employee), Bonner Springs, KSJuly 2, 2015
They would push you to sell and they would push the more you sell the more you worked. they would talk down to you. But if you like sells then I say go for it.
Stand around playing with gadgets
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Discounts!
Cons: Not enough buisness
I loved working with customers helping them chose the rite mobile plan for them. I enjoyed being on the computer and talking to the wireless companies. I learned a lot about patience. Being patient made – more... the day go faster and easier. The worst part was making commission, and having to battle for a client. I loved that job, but I felt like I was discriminated againsted, because I was pregnant and asked to resign. – less
Decent sales job but not a great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to grow in the company
Cons: The company overall has been loosing its customer base
It was good for the time that I spent there learning everything about sales and electronics. Job duties included:

• Performing store inventory
• Packing and shipping boxes
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Selling and having product knowledge in Televisions, Gps, and cellphones
Great experience
Sales Associate and Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: short breaks
Helping customers find what they needed.I learned to be more social around others and have confidences of my own knowledge. I loved my manager and co-workers because they were always supported my schedule. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Friendly and close but competitive workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: commission on sales
Cons: hectic schedules
A typical Day at work was to sell as much as possible and attach as many items to a sale as possible,As well as keeping the store tidy and helping customers in need. I learned different sales pitches , and management was reasonable and fair in most cases.
overall
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
The company was great to work for. The bankruptcy was not all that great it made me unsure of a job.I learned a lot in my experience with RadioShack I know how to manage a store I learned how to sale commission base stuff
Radio Shack
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Paramount, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay and commission
Cons: Long hours, commute
A typical day was like an ordinary day at the office. Get to work promptly, do your job and go home. The electronic boom was in affect yet, everything was still analog, apple wasn't a big hit yet as well. – more... The only thing needed to learn was pricing adjustments or promotions.

Co-Workers were great, there where only five wiorkers not including assistant manager and manager. We all worked together as one which made the work environment a lot less stressful.

Hardest part of the job was the commute. Good job is hard to find, so if you find a good job you keep it by all means

The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of people and getting to know them regularly. – less
Store Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 30, 2015
The challenge of meeting goals and meeting your gross profit margins was what made this job fun for me. Because I could really make a lot of money by meeting my gross profit.
Good People
Sales (Verizon, Sprint (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAJune 30, 2015
They were a good company to work for. Commission on cellphones and descent pay. They workers were fun and loved to be around them.
Never the same day !
Store Manager (Former Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: Staff was friendly
Cons: The location
Fun place to work . Awesome staff, great work hours, never a dull moment. great product. It was a bummer that Radio Shack closed down so many stores.
sales
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee), el paso texasJune 29, 2015
we had to meet a daily,weekly and monthly goal that was set by the manager. we had to offer wireless batteries on every sales we had.
radioshack review
Customer Service (Former Employee), Coeur d' Alene, IDJune 28, 2015
A typical day working there was like answering the same question over and over and the customer still doesn't understand. There was no thinking for this job and I got bored way to easily

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more

RadioShack Salaries