RadioShack
2,123 reviews

RadioShack Employer Reviews

Great learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great coworkers and manager both helpful and knowledgeable
Cons: not enough advancement opportunities
Overall in the 2 years i've worked at Radioshack i have learned how to have cutting edge customer service and also learn how to deal with many different obstacles requiring problem solving and critical thinking techniques which i have excelled in. I Also have grown as a sales associate providing the customer a complete solution leaving them satisfied – more... and building clientele. I finally have learned a vast knowledge in the best and new technology on the market !. A typical day would be opening and closing the store, ringing up customers after fulfilling their needs, also changing price tags and audits ect. – less
Very nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVOctober 16, 2014
Always upbeat
Customers normally left happy
There was always something to be doing
Not a good place to work
Sales Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Cons: everything about the company
The management, compensation, sales goals, and culture was terrible. This was the worse job I ever had
fast past enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2014
energetic, enthusiastic, fasted paced environment where I had the ability to display a hard work ethic.
With my background in electronics, this was a perfect fit for me.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, meet a lot of nice people.
Cons: long retail hours
This position helped me learn how to better help and train not only my employees but also help the customers and also help the community. the hardest part was maintaining inventory and. The best part of my day was being there and helping everyone.
Its all about luck
Sales (Former Employee), Delaware County, PAOctober 15, 2014
Its all about location and your manager. Being in an active store with a good manager makes all the difference when it comes to enjoying this job. Generally, the company is understanding, the customers are nice, and the discount is good.
Productive hard working company on the rise
Sales Associate (Former Employee), jersey city njOctober 15, 2014
A typical day of work consist of helping costumers and maintaining the store's policies while achieving company goals. Achieved personal sales and profitability goals by consistently and pro actively engaging guests utilizing the Company’s sales process.
Greeted every guest with enthusiasm and energy. Also provided guests cutting edged solutions in – more... a friendly, confident and knowledgeable manner. I also created and sustained strong business relationships with retail partners. – less
nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAOctober 14, 2014
The customers were fun and nice to work with. My co workers were as enthusiastic as I was but I still enjoyed my time on the job. I learned how to up-sale and how to add-on.
fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Macon, GAOctober 14, 2014
I absolutely loved working a the shack. I actually traveled to different locations while employed with them. ive learned a lot by working for this company and have a few certifications that have helped me pursue my goals. the only down fall is the lack of communication between DM, RM etc. and employees. another one is that they are not quick to move – more... you up in the company because its so overly populated. – less
family like employers
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 14, 2014
I learned about many different elections and grew my customer service skills. Always got along with everyone
Poor
Administrator (Former Employee), CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, discounts
Cons: lack of follow through and communication
Very frustrating position, difficult customers calling in
My experience at the Shack
Assistant Store Manager /Store Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: lots of interesting people, great team of managers
Cons: no comment
A typical day for me I play the role of functional and operational manager. I range anywhere from training and coaching associates, ordering product, product setup and displaying, product pricing, interviewing new associates, inventory control, filing contracts and reports, setting up sales goals for the day, keeping the location looking presentable, – more... product demoing, customer problem solving, maintain the sales floor and back stock area, keeping track of high valued items, and conducting customer service sales

I have learned a great deal of knowledge of retail, managing, and handling the public overall.

The hardest part of my job is not having enough time to do everything I need to do or take care of with so much to do.

Most enjoyable would have to be the customers and interacting with the public. – less
Store for all your electronic needs
Sales Associate/Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Carson, CAOctober 13, 2014
Great job with a lot to learn about different wireless companies. Able to lear how to sell and reach sales goals.
A fun way to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 13, 2014
Very simple job, show up and make sure i meet the sale goal of the day. Working with my co work was fun because there wasn't to many of us, so we got along pretty well and assisted each other when was needed. Work was fun and easy/
Strict selling procedures
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Lexington, SCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: sales goals and pressure
A LOT of Pressure from everyone high up to SELL SELL SELL. Its all about cell phone sales now, nothing more.
Great work environment
Clerk (Former Employee), MOOctober 12, 2014
I had this job throughout my childhood i worked everyone other weekend to save money up.
The largest elctornic distrubuter in the world
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2014
They believe in customer first policy. Good organization to work. Customer friendly organization.
Productive, fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Marion, OHOctober 11, 2014
Pros: base pay plus commission
Cons: only part-time
Usually depends on the day, if we are busy it allows us to get in contact with customers and help with their needs and we also keep store presentable. On slower days we do opportunity log calls or clean areas of the store that need touched up.
Decent place to work
Third Key Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: pay
It was a good place to work for the time i was there, however i think compensation for managers could have been a little higher.
Eh, not much to say
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), north las vegas, nevadaOctober 9, 2014
Not a bad job, considering it was my first ever. I had not too many complaints aside from the constant nagging to sell more phones, when clearly the customers don't want to be pressured into something they realllly don't want.

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more