RadioShack Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,534 reviews matching the search
Great rapport
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 28, 2016
You can build rapport with almost every customer. You can learn about new equipment by interacting. Radioshack still has the up to date and older parts available for customers.
Pros
discount on accessories
Cons
Hours
Very Organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2016
Very organized, stable, and welcoming environment. Always felt at ease with my co-workers and worked together perfectly in unison.
Loved it!!
Sales Technician/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Typical day at work would be greeting customers, and help them with anything they need. Also I was a phone technician, so i repaired iphones, samsungs, and ipads. Learning that i used it when the store closed down and it has helped me alot! Management was without a doubt the best, they would have fun, but at the same time get the work that had to be completed.
Pros
Benefits, learning something new everyday, getting to see new products.
I love working with this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 25, 2016
This company was amazing. The staff was great along with the managers. You learn something new everyday working for this company. The hardest part of this job was leaving everyday.
Competitive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
Work as a group of high competitive sales associates, helping customers understand the product their getting before taking it home. Inform each customers with sales going on throughout the week.
Pros
Work area
Cons
Hours
It was a fine job for many year
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 22, 2016
Working for Radio Shack was a fine opportunity to learn about technology,cell phones, sales and people interaction. The job was not fun in my last three years as the company downgraded and went bankrupt.
Pros
free trips to Canada
Cons
too much emphasis on cell phone sales
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 21, 2016
there is always a level of advancement in this company and the people that work for RadioShack is great company to work for.
Pros
good benefits for managers and fulltime
Cons
low pay for associates
Bankrupt for a reason
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 21, 2016
Horribly run, hard on its most innovative and successful managers because they did not follow their failing formula of money and cash flow over customers first.
So worried about being "hip" and making a quick profit they drove a once proud company with a rich history into the dust.

Had one of the best group of employees and my fellow managers in the region were superb, working together as a team to find ways to keep ours stores in the black while everyone else around the country stayed heavily in the red.
Basic Retail Electronics
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 21, 2016
A sales associates job can vary from stressful to quite fun. Like many places, this will largely be dependant on the demeanor and competency of your manager. Your ability to win over difficult customers will also factor in.

The crews are small and you will likely get to wear many hats including; salesperson, tech advisor, merchandiser, inventory receiving and clean up. Training is trial by fire but, you can pick up quite a bit from coworkers.

Pay is low and turnover is high. If you are sharp and ambitious this makes moving upward into management a possibility. Corporate is reworking operations. They are largely driving by the dashboard and communication is lacking, so expect some things that don't make sense.
Pros
Good work environment, helping people solve tech problems
Cons
Pay, pressure to put sales above the customer's interest.
?
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 21, 2016
The company if closing. They have been bought out at all their locations. Everything they sold someone sold it cheaper and there wasn't anything particular someone would go to radioshack for anymore.

Want to know more about RadioShack?

Ask a question
compensation is good depending on area
Sales Associate- Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 19, 2016
unrealistic quotas.
Bad pay
no real perks for working there
constantly have to answer questions about overpriced items.
there is a reason they are going out of busiess
Pros
there are none
Cons
management. co workers. quotas....
it was a great network work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMay 18, 2016
great to get you out of your bubble. talk to random people and open yourself to great conversations. learned a lot about cell phones and how the contracts work. got my own approved contract due to this job
Love radio shack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 18, 2016
Great job great co worker great manager but our hand manager had a very disrespectful to me , one of my co worker took some money out of the draw and he address me off it and I didn't even take it and than he address another African American and it was a Latino girl and I just felt that he always came at me and my co worker but never the other so I left
Pros
everything
Cons
The big boss
Easy work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 18, 2016
Was a good place to work until the company went bankrupt. The new company took over and cut all positions to part time and having some of us like myself drive 45 miles to work.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not to good of management
Great environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  At theMay 18, 2016
Great starting job. I learned a lot from circuit boards, to fuses, to electronics. The hardest part would be inventory. There are so many small parts and it is a pain. Luckily, its only 2 to 3 times a year.
Run down Batteries
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 17, 2016
Radio Shack, i thought would be a great place to work, how wrong i was. Upper Management was a joke and Store Managers didn't help much. a few gems here and there but to few and far between. Wages were a joke, especially since it was commission based (cell phone specifically). It really sucked if you worked at a slow location.
Pros
50% discount on Radio Shack products
Cons
Over priced Radio Shack products
Working with nice people, everybody was nice
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2016
Every Monday received product, make a report for it and summited to my supervisor, I spend a large part of the day failing.
Make sure the testers have enough job thru the day, make another report in the afternoon to inform my supervisor the production for the day.
My supervisor was very nice and he always was waling to help me when I have questions,
I always got along with mi coworkers very good, I'm an excellent team player.
The hardest part of my job was at the end of the month when I have to make many more reports.
I enjoy having lunch with every body we always have something to talk about.
Pros
Everybody help when needed
No Problems.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 17, 2016
I really enjoyed RadioShack. I enjoyed the people, my location, and even the customers. All the workers got a long. Hours was provided for everyone. The managers treated everyone fairly.
productive work environment just not enough room for promotion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMay 17, 2016
it was a fun environment they just never had room for advancement.really wish i would have been awarded the opportunity to become a manager,
fun co workers and great company to work for.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 16, 2016
there was two people per shift and we would have contest who can sell more items and up sell the most in a day. the most enjoyable part was having fun with me fellow workers.