RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 3,773 reviews matching the search
Great job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2016
Radio Shack was a great place to work. Enjoyed assisting customers and employees through out my tenure. Each day was always different. New and returning customers.
Company is out of business, speaks volumes
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Festus, MODecember 6, 2016
I actually liked this job and there were some great processes at work here. Unfortunately not every store was ran the same way so, the company suffered because of it.
Good experience for moving up.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 6, 2016
RadioShack was a good experience for me at the time but the pay was not all that great considering I was a store manager there. Overall good learning experience.
Great company and treat you like family
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2016
From the CEO to everyone who works in the corporate office, they are all amazing people and treat you with the up most respect. Pay is good but has opportunity to pay a little more to keep great talent on the team and minimize the turn over. I regret ever leaving!
Pros
Too many to list!
Cons
Pay can be more competitive to keep top talent
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2016
RadioShack is the brand name of an American chain of wireless and electronics stores, originally founded in 1921 and today owned by the Standard General affiliate General Wireless
not good
Cell Phone Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 4, 2016
i didnt enjoy working there company is not good at all. im discourage for the type of job i was there to do . managers were not professional at all. district manager bad
Easy-going, flexible, and able to focus on studies and work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 3, 2016
Overall, nice company to work for, flexible hours and nice management. Job security is low, with any store able to get closed at any minute.
Slow, minimum wage, no customers to earn commision
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXDecember 2, 2016
Keeping up the store and helping out customers was a fine job. The pay was minimum wage with commission based on cell phone sales and warranties. There was allot of pressure from cooperate to push cell phones onto customers at the time, with minimum sales numbers to meet. This was an issue because my store might have only 3 customers the entire day. I had multiple shifts where I never even had a customer come in. Hours started to drop and that location closed down a few years after I left.
Pros
Handling/selling the newest phones at the time
Cons
no customers, no chances for commission
Great Place
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20910December 2, 2016
Great place to work, I enjoyed my time with this company. I gained a lot of knowledge when it comes to HR processes and the administrative process in the office environment.
Pros
Great place, wonderful management
Great place to work just not enough hours for the staff
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 1, 2016
I had a great time working at Radio Shack learned a lot about electronics sales and customer service etc. great staff i love this job it is in my top 5.
Stand up retail store experience.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
In the neighborhood the store was located, It was a slow day everyday. Most of the regulars didn't really purchase what was needed to for the day's quota.
Pros
Customers were very friendly, staff was friendly.
Cons
the pressure of meeting quota is ery intense, Constant fear of termination because of not meeting quota.
Its a perductive work place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 30, 2016
Great job to work at perks along they way. Great vacation days they work with you. Working for this company made u wanna come to work they were all about their employees and there customers i felt that this company was a great choice I made and I would work for them again of they would have never went out ta business.
Pros
Half a day
Cons
3 breaks
A fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 29, 2016
Radioshack was a fun place to work. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and a team player. I was a top sales person and was motivated to sell. I love Radioshack.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Hourly rate
Decent place to work if you understood the products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 29, 2016
This job will get you up close and personal with a lot of people. You really need to know all the products the store sells if you want to get ahead with this company.

Your knowledge of cell phones and their associated service plans is a must. Take the time to learn them and keep up to date with them.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up to date with all the little bits of information about each product that the company sells.
Pros
You learn a lot if you apply yourself
Cons
If you're not a people person, this may not be the job for you
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grayson, KYNovember 28, 2016
Work there was very fun, and productive. Very friendly staff and understanding manager. It was a good learning experience to work with the costumers, and help them with questions.
Pros
staff, hours
Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2016
I counted my money down in the morning before we opened. Then we had a clean up least, so I would check to see what i had to do before the store closed that day.
Good management team
Assistant HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 28, 2016
Working at Radio was a great experience. The communication between management and staff was great- everything was delivered professionally and timely.
A decent employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILNovember 28, 2016
The most intensive preparation for their employees and managers. The atmosphere was very competitive in this sales driven job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
HIgh employee turnover
Great overall experience
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 24, 2016
I began working here and I didn't know where to begin. My managers continued to believe in me and therefore I tried to be come a student. I recognized my potential and I grew. I noticed that the customers that came inside were loyal customers that have been coming there for years which said a lot about my managers. It provided a comfortable healthy environment for me to enjoy and have fun inwhile maintaining a professional work environment.
Rethink this job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2016
Radioshack isn't what it used to be. A Radioshack salary can barely support one person, so imagine a family. My biggest check averaged $400 while working full time. Radioshack sees nothing wrong with how they pay their employees.
Cons
Low pay, low hours, bad commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.