RadioShack
2,489 reviews

RadioShack Employer Reviews

Definitely worth my time
Sales Associate (Permanent, full-time) (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good environment, easy to get commission.
Cons: upper management quotas kind of a hassle. cell phones are pushed onto people.
Radio Shack, albeit they are now going out of business, was a great place to work. My co-workers were wonderful, and so was my boss. Upper management were a little stiff, but that's their job I suppose. Pay was definitely decent and commission relatively easy to earn. I had a great time at RadioShack.
Loved This Job
Mobile Sales Store Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, mdFebruary 28, 2015
The company closed inside of Targets, but if it did not i would still be there. Made my own schedule and was able to communicate with tons of people every day.
Great company that invests in people
Vice President, East Region Operations (Current Employee), Eastern half of the countryFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: internal development plan, quarterly incentive trips and annual bonuses
The best part of working for RadioShack has been being part of a transformational business within the past five years and the relationships that were cultivated along the way.

The company invests in its employees, both through mentoring, training, development and rewarding hard work.
Very fun place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Radioshack, amidst the companies financial troubles maintained a great old school tech store, blending new and older tech items. Customers were very informative and the manager and crew were fantastic. Cut backs on commission were the only drawback.
Awesome place to learn and have fun
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Bedford, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great customers, wonderful manager and coworkers
Cons: slow sales, some unruly customers
I have work at this company for about 2 years. I am sorry that the company is closing, but it was a company where you got to learn a lot about electronics and customer service. I will be sad but will have wonderful memories about this company.
entertaining
Store Manager/asst mgr (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCFebruary 26, 2015
good job to work, but bad upper mgt. enjoyed running the store sorry to see it leave. better mgt. we might still be here. the most enjoyable time, helping customers.
was a fun and productive work place
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Fort Worth TexasFebruary 26, 2015
filed for bankruptcy. prior to that me was spent managing my team, attending project meeting to make security decisions.
Very fun environment
Manager (Former Employee), Post Falls, IDFebruary 25, 2015
I love helping people find exactly what they need, and at radio shack thats all we did. problem solving is a great skill of mine
Low End
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elkhorn, NEFebruary 25, 2015
Not very busy to make commission. management doesn't do a good job at promoting and encouraging. not a very exciting job and benefits suck
A fun place to learn and promote technology
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Evanston, ILFebruary 25, 2015
I was basically a salesperson and store representative. My typical day at work included helping customers, making sales, running the cash register, maintaining the stock and display areas and keeping the place clean. I usually could spend sometime working with what we sold so that I was competent in using it. There was some turnover in management and that could make things difficult. My co-workers were cooperative and hard working. The hardest part of the job was doing a full inventory. The best part was helping people decide what they needed.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours at times and the company filed bankruptcy
Management of security was always sensitive to personal needs and time off requests. The team was always friendly and willing to help out when asked. A typical day consisted of working one of several posts where traffic entering and exiting was monitored at all times. Every person that entered the property had to show identification. Each employee was subjected to metal detector monitoring as well. The hardest part was learning all the codes and alarm codes. Working with a great security minded team was the best part. This position offered a lot of new experiences and good pay with benefits.
Productive, fun with co-workers,
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Kenmore, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: healthcare
I would open the store, count down cash box to make sure it was at its proper amount to start the day with, help customers to find product and also answer questions on the sales floor. Answer phones to also help customers with questions about product, look it up on the computer if I couldn't find the correct answer for them, Clean throughout the day, stock shelves, manage store.
Great Organization
VoIP And Connectivity (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: nonei can think of
The managers and work environment are great at RadioShack. However, I am looking for other jobs at the moment due to the fact that RadioShack may be going out of business soon.
No wonder they are bankrupt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: quitting
Cons: working there
The store I worked at was run like a tight ship, however other stores in the same district were run as if money grew on trees.
love the team
District Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Radio shack was great. I loved the team i built in the long run things were not seeing in a great way till it was sold.

still loved my work and the time i had with the company.
Awful compensation for responsibilites
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), OhioFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment with customers, can be a nice job at times
Cons: poor pay, no advancement, more workload then pay, horrible comission, too many hour reductions
Radioshack is a company that loves to uses minimum wage and a horrible commission structure to pay people for massive amounts of responsibility. We are told to do planograms, maintenance on the store, sales, phone sales, calling customers, bank deposits, and managing all shipments in and out. On a day to day basis at work I am in charge of everything that an assistant manager would be besides payroll. I have been in charge of the store for a week at a time fulfilling managerial roles. I have led the district in sales the majority of my time here working part-time while in school. There is no advancement unless you sell your soul and work 40 hours a week while in school. And event then you are making $1 more per hour as assistant manager. Given all the responsibility and minimal pay. I want to work for a company where I can grown and make a decent living for the skills I provide.
Radio Shack
Store Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: helping customers
Cons: pay
Working almost 7 days a week alone a company that doesn't allows the store manager to hire the associate that'll work directly with you as the store manager. I train all associates to proper company guidelines and procedures. hardest part is having the district manger not helping you succeed. helping customers
Tech retail store struggling to keep up with customer needs.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 22, 2015
Tech retail store struggling to keep up with customer needs. Sad to see them fading away, but they struggled with public perception for years.
Its like being in High school
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYFebruary 22, 2015
You have to go there and really just focus and your job and not the drama with the employees and managers because if you let them you will always be surrounded by drama and gossip. If they hired honest managers they would not be going out of business.
Store Manager and Associates cared about customers. Most management above did not.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove , CalifFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: store manager had loyal associates who together formed a bond that customers felt good about.
Cons: stopped caring about associates, store managers and customers.
Radio Shack Management consistently changed metrics that
Managers and associates were measured by. Only metric
that was demanded consistently was how many post paid
phones, upgrade checks etc were done on daily and weekly
basis. Only until it was too late did Management realize
core retail was and should have been demanded. Many
District Managers came and went and very few should they
cared for Managers or associates. Every email, nearly
every contest centered how great Manager or associates
did with post paid sales.

It did not appear local Supervision matched Corporate vision.

1 2 3 4 5

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more