RadioShack

3.0K reviews

RadioShack Employee Reviews

Great place to work, and an excellent way to grow in your knowledge of technology or customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brockton, MAAugust 31, 2015
Great management always busy so it made the day go by fast.
Always room for advancement. I learned more than i thought i would.
Very Unstable Environment
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TXAugust 31, 2015
Employees always unsure of tomorrow....

I hope that the new owners can change things but for the last year plus they have lost lots of good talent to the stability issues.
It was amazing up until they field for bankruptcy
Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Great work envirmoent, fun atmosphere, Opputunity to learn
Cons: Towards the end workplace envirment became unbearable
The workplace was fun ad fast and I loved the people I worked with. Unfortunately due to business decisions that were so bad they don't make sense even on a basic fundamental level, the company filed for bankruptcy. During the bankruptcy process the company did not treat employees properly; Poor workplace conditions and impossible goals were pushed to motivate employees to quit so as to avoid paying unemployment.
No Explaination Needed
Branch Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee), multiple locationsAugust 29, 2015
After 18+ yrs and they couldn't find me a lateral moved position, and they NEVER said Thank you. It was hand the keys to the next store over. This wasn't just me but to everyone that got let go in the transition. Also any due time like vacation or sick leave disappeared and severance pay disappeared. But they paid it to management after I was let go (which I find interesting).
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: There was excellent commision percentages when I started in 2013, Fun Uniform and best of all were able to play with the latest gagets
Cons: Commision was eliminated August 2014, while cooporate knew we would be down sizing staff were informed 3wks b4 closing
Its an interesting place to work, meeting new people all the time. As you become a part of the work place and team you also evolve into apart of the neighborhood family.
Retail Sales
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 28, 2015
• Customer Service representative responsible for customer sales initiatives and daily accounting and cashiering procedures
• Exceeds at achieving daily sales goals and customer service initiatives
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Manager in Training) (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJAugust 28, 2015
Fun place to work with knowledgeable employees. Everyone works together well. It's easy to grow with the company and there are plenty of opportunities to earn more.
productive
Sales representative (Former Employee), concord nhAugust 27, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: short breaks and probation
cashier and celling phones
i learned nothing from my management
co workers were fun and helpful
hardest part was convincing people to buy cellphones
co workers were the enjoyable part
my co-workers
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: short breaks
I must say i miss my co-workers they was very nice to me. I was the youngest working there and they help me a lot on whatever i didn't understand. They made my job so easy for me
nice work place
sales assiocate (Former Employee), gulfport,msAugust 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
it was a nice work place the other employees were nice people, and I enjoyed working with them. poor management I think the management could of been much better. overall I liked that job.
A great place to work, because there, always new technology to be learned working with this company
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Being able to sharpen your skills and having fun while doing it.
I liked working here because of the knowledge I gained on the lastest technology, but the pay has to be better. the benefits were great and the percentage the paid on behalf of their employees.
Good starter
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 26, 2015
RadioShack is a good started job although since then have gone bankrupt and bought outta business. I would say work at best buy instead because you'll get more customers and deal with cooler tech.
Great team players
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), PRAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Something new everyday you learn from experiences on daily basis
Cons: challenging eachother on who could sell the most
in the mornings it was slow; but as the day went by customers flowed in and it was productive.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours of training

The best part of the job was the commissions
Productive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), el monte, caAugust 25, 2015
Pros: co workers, customer service, commission
Cons: hours
Constantly helping customers with returns, exchanges, and what they're looking for. Answering phone calls, and checking inventory. RadioShack is a very fun, productive place to work in.
Radioshack
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Carson City, NVAugust 25, 2015
This was my first job and even though it's not around anymore I would go back. I learned a lot about sales at this job and how to up sale.
love it
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), nyAugust 25, 2015
first retail experience. loved it my manager an co workers were amazing,the athmosphere was great we were like family. I soon became my boss's right hand and I was very proud of myself.
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids NCAugust 25, 2015
Working at RadioShack was a great experience. I had the opportunity to learn about many useful gadgets and much needed tools.
RadioShack
Key Holder (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 24, 2015
RadioShack was a local place to get your needs. At this store I was trained to give product knowledge to customers about products that we had in our store. Open and close the store was another task on the list. Able to handle activation with phones to new and old customers. The hardest part about this job was that there wasn't too much coverage on the floor so therefore I had to handle each and every customer on the floor by myself. The most enjoyable part about this job was connecting with the customers and hearing their stories.
Very productive, fun, and discounts on items
Consultant Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: the teams, benefits
Cons: long hours
started at sales rep and within a 2 months took on a role as a manager. a typical day consist of opening store and prepare for the day. I learned how to do payroll, do schedule for who was working and complete daily reports. the hardest part of the job was working 54hrs per week. the most enjoyable was the bond I had with the employees.
A company that made many changes.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2015
Pros: lots to learn
Cons: unrealistic quota expectations
A typical day at radio shack consisted of studying new technology. Every week there was a new phone or gps or tv etc coming out to learn about to better your sales. I spent everyday reading about cell phones and how electronics worked to the point where I now can fix broken electronics and tell you exactly how cell phones work per service provider.

management was pushed to do more with less. to sell more for less compensation. they cut their numbers every year even though the company claimed to make a profit. the radio shack i worked for is not the same company it is now.
Headquarters