RadioShack
2,367 reviews

RadioShack Employer Reviews

Working at Radio Shack
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 19, 2015
over the past few years, i have learned a lot working for radio shack. great experiences that i will take through out my career.
Entry level DM position
District Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Company and culture do not equate for the position requirements.
Sony
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgehampton, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: loved everything about that job
Loved working at the store everyday. From the staff to the customers were absolutely amazing. I just wish it wasn't seasonal. i loved learning about T.V.'s to cell-phones, to even about all the headphones and other electronics that were their. the staff was always fun to be around never had any problems with any of them .
lies
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), fort WorthJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: out of money
RadioShack laid me off in Dec. 2014 and my boss got a promotion. they are waiting to file for Bankruptcy until the executives get their bonuses.
Productive with lots of work in desk and floor
Store Manager (Current Employee), Old San Juan Puerto RicoJanuary 16, 2015
Starts with paperworks of the day before. Analyzed every sale, metrics for the store, then each employee individually. Make a daily planer with plan and individual golas for each employee. This before opening the store. Over and short of the petty cash. Then been in he floor listening every employee on each sale and doing coaching. In the middle of the day receiving merchandise or doing cage count to see if the inventory are accurate. At the end of the day closing the cash drawer, making the deposit and walk the floor to verify empty spots or prices.
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), IndianaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: horrible management, shady company, no concern for employee safety
Management was horrible, employee safety was never considered, the company lied to their employees quite often. Compensation was horrible for the work that we put in.
great environment with lots of room for growth
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2015
a typical day at radioshack consisted of cell phone sales and promotions, cell phone payments, sales of electronics of a large variety.

I learned a lot about electronics and the batteries that run them because radioshack is primarily a battery store.

management was awesome and very accommodating.

my co-workers were very professional

the hardest part was learning the products and becoming as familiar with them as possible because technology advances so much there was a constant influx of new products.

the most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping the customers
Radio Shack is a great stepping stone for anyone trying to get into retail management
Acting Manager (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the people, and customers
Cons: low commission, chaotic management, lack of communication.
The company is falling on some hard times right now, and some serious reconfiguration. A lot of changes are starting with mid level management, and as such its a bit chaotic right now on the lower level side of said management, but still it's a company that has a great atmosphere and tries to have fun and keep a uplifting spirit. I would say its a great way to get your feet wet in management.

I learned quite a bit here, everyday has a new obstacle, and everyday there's something else to overcome. All these challenges, although tough, have giving me the tools of knowledge that I can use in any field I choose to pursue. One of the biggest things I have learnt here was about people, not just customers, but fellow coworkers. I have watched them grow, move on to new jobs, or stick with it here and continue to move on in the company in other stores.

The hardest part of this job is the fact of the unknown, and the constant shift of focus. I love working for Radio Shack, but somedays It's really tough watching the web of management fall apart over a week, or watching your mentors laid off, or leave one by one. So the hardest part of this job is just staying hopeful, for myself, and my employees.

On the flipside when we have, boy do we have fun. Everyone I work with is interesting, goofy, and are never short of a few jokes that put a smile on my face. We make fun contests, competitions, and always find a way to cheer each other up. The people who you work for, or with are the best part of this job, not the money, not the pitiful commission, not the benefits, it's the people, and not just the employees, the customers are a blast too. We always try to turn our customers visits into fun, funny, and valuable experiences, and we've made some seriously committed, and loyal customers in the past year that won't work with anyone but our store.
Worst company
Manager (Former Employee), VAJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
Absolutely hated working for this company. Even when you performed above standard, company still looks for something wrong. Company expects employees to work more than designated hours. If you are a manager of a store, they expect you to only have one day off and want you to work even OFF the clock
Needs some soul searching
Sales (Former Employee), Burien, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits, decent commission
Cons: lacking direction, company culture, panicing, high turnover
RadioShack is uncertain of what its culture is, where it wants to go, and it has cut large parts of its skilled staff in a desperate attempt to cut costs, rather than redefining itself to one culture and one direction. Disorganized and losing relevance, a very sore loss for what could have been.
Great opportunity to learn technician skills and technology.
Technician Associate (Former Employee), KapoleiJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great management, and tech training
Cons: unstable company
I was very pleased with the chance to find a full time job in the competitive job market of Hawaii. I was also able to advance my resume and learn a valuable skill set with the Fix-it program. The program allowed me to gain technician experience and learn about new cellular technologies. The company does not seem to be in good financial standing but that was fine with me because I was only in Hawaii for six months.
DO Not
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), ohioJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: everything
ok vork place with. no hours. cant feed family with minimal hours
Fun working with electronics.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise.
Cons: none.
A typical day at work is helping customers with any electronic issues. I've learned more about cell phones, electronics, etc. Management was okay but was a bit unfair to some employees. Co-workers were fine. The hardest part of the job was trying to cell phones every work shift. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning more about cellulars.
Worst Employment Ever
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: wage, support, attitude
Low wage, no management overview, no support from corporate, feeling sense of impending doom at the company. The only positive part of the job would be people you work with.
First time selling!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Everyday I would clock in and proceed to my section assigned. I had to check all tags make sure pricing was updated and the section was clean and organized. After making sure my section was up to guidelines, I would check to see if management had any task for me or if anything else in the store need tending too. Mostly important greet and help any customer that came into our door. Before clocking out check my sales goals make sure I achieve them if not exceed them, if not make sure I left with a number in my head to make up for the next work day. Radio shack was my first selling job. Quickly I learn I had a tongue for sales and I fell in love instantly with it. This job taught me go beyond your goal, achieve a little higher and healthy competition is always fun. Within four months I become key holder and then progress from there to wireless consultant. My management team groomed me in so many ways to lead and taught me never settle to just follow. The hardest part of my job was pulling in customer but overtime that soon became the easiest. I loved the relationship and understanding that my co-workers and I had, the push for greatness management gave and construction criticism when goals wasn't met.
Fun Tech-Savvy Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Leechburg, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: easy environment to work with customers
Cons: low pay/commission, little benefits
Assist customers with purchase choices. We have to have a working knowledge of many aspects of technology. Cell phones, telephones, radio communications, television and related products, computers and networking and related electronics. Home entertainment and cool toys. Batteries of every nature as well as installation. We have a team of "nerdy" intelligent co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not fitting a product to the customers needs. the most enjoyable part is informing customers and assisting, training as well, with their new purchase and all set in a fun setting. Using the demo's in store too.
Very fun hands on job
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, great pay, and enjoyable working environment.
Cons: part time job
A typical day at Crossmark consists of preparing food samples for all Sam's club members. Understanding different key points about different products and marketing those points to each customer. I enjoyed my coworkers and the environment that I worked in, everyone was always helpful and had a willingness to work as a team. The hardest part of the job would be handling multiple customers at once. When this happens you have to speak very fast and sometimes it gets distracting. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about different products and seeing the customer's reactions.
Stressful and life treating sometimes
Assistant manager/ Full time worker (Former Employee), Homewood, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: graining customer service skills
Cons: store always having life threatening robberies, and the company doing nothing to make the employees safer.
A typical day there is just receiving merchandise as well as placing orders for customers and the store. Performing great customer service and also having to meet a performance retail sales goal. Management could have been better, but it was still good. I learned how to do proper paperworks as well as filing, faxing, and copying. I can now operate a retail store on my own. My co-workers were good I had to train them all, so once they learned what I taught them thats when their performance have improved. The hardest part of the job is having over 5 customers that need help and being the only one that was able to help them. The most enjoyable part was being able to network and talk to new people.
fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 13, 2015
i enjoyed working with there company and with there customers it was an over all good experence compensation lacking
FUN! FUN! FUN!!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 13, 2015
had the best manager and coworkers ever.
Had the pleasure of learning new things about appliances, electronics, cell phones

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more