RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 4,464 reviews matching the search
terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2017
Management was awful. Luckily RadioShack is closed now and other people don't have to deal with the sexism and such in this work place. It's a shame. Maybe they wouldnt have had such a huge turnover rate if there was actually structure and decent management
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Ok
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 4, 2017
Nice job getting 3 days a week on 4 hour shifts but other than that nice job nice people learn alot of things dealing with technology and computers i just stock
Pros
Knowing about new technology
Cons
The hours
not a good one
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLAugust 4, 2017
i worked for almost three years. while it was a good job during schooling it also had its downs. If youre a good sales person then it will be no problem.
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 4, 2017
I didn't like working here at all. Not enough business to keep up with the numbers they expected you to hit a day and a month. I hated pushing the phones on every customer that came in per management. Every conversation had to be tied into wireless. We had to be too pushy with 65 year old customers who had stopped by for a capacitor from the parts bins.
Boring & restricted
Associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALAugust 4, 2017
All I did was answer phones all day. Talked to people thathat only had complaints & issues with their service or the company. The breaks were too short.
Pros
I don't remember any
Cons
Sat all day, short breaks, boring
the management was not the greatest
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 4, 2017
I dont really have anything to say one thing i can say is i enjoyed some of the people i worked with but the manager was not not someone i would i ever work for again...
Pros
none really
Cons
pay wasnt good
Would have been fine if their priorities had been in order
District Capitan (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCAugust 4, 2017
This would have been great if the focus would have been more on sales and less on planograms. Some store managers were rewarded for having stores that looked great, but were not making a profit.
They are basically closed, aren't they?
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedAugust 2, 2017
Company has and is continuing to struggle into bankruptcy. That's pretty much all you need to know. However since I need 150 minimum characters I will say, just work elsewhere.....your welcome.
Pros
Cell phone discounts
Cons
Long hours, terrible management
Fast paced retail job
Sales Representative/ Asst. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNAugust 2, 2017
Learned to be able identify customer's needs and then be able to show them the best options they had for whatever they were interested in. Was an exciting place to work while in high school specially since I've always liked electronics.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, good pay
Cons
Long drive to work
Electronics Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYAugust 2, 2017
While I was employed for Radio Shack I was lucky enough to be paired with an amazing staff, and a very knowledgeable manager who taught me an abundance of different things. My typical day consisted of 9 hour shifts where I helped customers with their electrical needs an questions, or setting them up with a new cell phone through their cellular company. This job was hands on while at the same time kept my mind extremely active, and kept my computer skills sharp. I can say I loved the job, unfortunately Radio Shack was going out of business so my time there was much shorter than id hoped.
Pros
Relaxed environment, New Knowledge, Great staff
Cons
Closed down

Want to know more about RadioShack?

Ask a question
Good work experience
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working there but unfortunately they began laying people off and that was just really to bad that they decided to go with oursourcing.
RadioShack Store Manager Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 31, 2017
As a Store Manager at RadioShack for over twenty years, I was able to adapt and appreciate all the skills that I have attained from my lengthy experience. During the process, I have learned to handle different types of needs of customers and to find beneficial solutions for every conflict. While adapting, the most difficult part of the process was learning to manage an entire store, however, after learning about the job position in depth, I was able to overcome all the new responsibilities and became significantly adaptable.
Pros
Breaks, Benefits
not sure how helpful this review will be
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2017
not sure how helpful this review will be as the company no longer exists...................but. Here I am..writing. nothing much else to say here.....
Located in a mall
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 31, 2017
Inventory review, organization, sales to bilingual customers. Opening and closing responsibilities, because the management trusted me after only a month of working there.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager-Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 31, 2017
Assist the Retail Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers.Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments).Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
Monitor and maintain store inventory. Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs. Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best. Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates. Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources.Create reports, analyze and interpret retail data.Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines.
management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 31, 2017
radio shack was very fair the management was very compelling and I was very fortunate to have such great leaders in my life to help me through some tough times.
Wish it could have gone longer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
RadioShack is where I started working at the same time I started school for Computer Engineering. It was a great company to work for in most areas. The only thing I did not like about RadioShack, is that we were in the phone selling competition. That took RadioShack away from what it was. Most of my job was supposed to be focused on selling phones, but when customers come in for electronic components, I get excited and forget all about phones. The majority of our phone business was those coming in to pay bills. The majority of our business though was dealing with all the other electronics in the store.
The company is out of business, so my opinions of it are irrelevant.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJuly 29, 2017
When I first started working there back in 2002, we got hourly pay plus commissions. By the time I left them in late 2008, the hourly pay was pretty much all we got, unless we were lucky enough to sell a mobile phone. By that time, we were expected to work twice as hard for what amounted to less pay.
Career advancement
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2017
Over all this was a great working environment with great opportunities to move up the ladder! Learned about everyday products and meant sales goals while doing it.
I was a seasonal employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJuly 28, 2017
I can't say much about RadioShack because I was a seasonal employee hired during the Christmas season. The work was easy and pretty boring at times. The only thing that mattered was how much you sold to customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.