RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 4,001 reviews matching the search
Great learning experience
Assistant Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2017
over all this company has provided the skill and abilities to run your own store. maintaining control of loss and profits numbers in order to pursued sails gain and educate employees on sales technics are some of the things that makes radio shack a unique company to work with, complete interaction.
Great overall experience
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 24, 2016
I began working here and I didn't know where to begin. My managers continued to believe in me and therefore I tried to be come a student. I recognized my potential and I grew. I noticed that the customers that came inside were loyal customers that have been coming there for years which said a lot about my managers. It provided a comfortable healthy environment for me to enjoy and have fun inwhile maintaining a professional work environment.
I really enjoyed the fast paced sales environment that allowed me to learn about electronics
Shift Supervisor and Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 22, 2017
On a typical day helped customers and sold electronics. Learned about cell phone plans and how to fix cellular devices. Management was helpful and willing to teach employees. The favorite part of my day was resolving customer problems.
Fun environment with the right staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJanuary 11, 2017
The job was enjoyable but management set too high of standards for a slower store like what I worked at. We also had another store 5 miles down the road so our typical sales would be around $700 for the entire day. Lots of boring downtime but was able to get our store responsibilities done.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Company expectations
Actually quite fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 22, 2016
I had fun learning about the job. Its fairly simple retail but there were somethings that you had to know for the hobbyists that would come in for parts etc. Knowledge of tvs, cell phones and other technological things helped but you learned a lot on the job as well.

I priced items,restocked and ran register. At the time we sold cell phones, enrolled people in cell plans, up-sold accessories and had to have knowledge of the most commonly used batteries. Years later I can still roughly identify what type of battery you will need for what kind of key fob or watch.
Pros
I learned a lot of new things about tech and phones
Cons
I was treated as if i didnt matter when I was sick, I was fired for being sick on my days off and refusing to come into work.
Fun team, slow pace and schedule flexibility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I had an awesome and upbeat team that I worked with. The store management was family orientated and made efforts to work with our schedules as long as requests were minimal. The store was a bit slow pace for my liking but was still overall a great work experience.
Pros
Great Team, schedule flexibility
Rough sometimes
Assistant Manager of mobility (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 9, 2017
The company is great but is managed roughly. You get asked a lot to com in on days off for no reason asked sometimes to move vacations and can be moved to new stores with very little notice. The people that work here are great and eady to work with if management treated the people better it would be a 5 star place.
Great Company Before Financial Woes
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCMarch 4, 2017
Worked for legacy RadioShack Co. and after the transition to General Wireless DBA RadioShack, and both - like any company - had their ups and downs. I enjoyed working with the people in my community most, helping customers become friends, solving their technology problems and providing solutions.
Bye, bye
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 6, 2017
This was one of the most interesting jobs I have had as every day corporate, field management would throw something new and challenging your way...but all in all I had a great time with RSH and they will be missed when they close all their stores
Pros
Learn something new in tech every day
Cons
good luck finding a open RadioShack after 2017
A lot of frustration for too little pay.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 4, 2017
As of late things at RadioShack have taken a turn for the worst. I feel that I am overworked and underpaid. They threaten their employees with termination when battery sales are low. Management refuses to give employees an weekend days off. Trying to take a vacation is a complete joke.
Great job for students in high school and college wanting to earn extra monwy
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2017
I had just recently moved to Las Vegas and was tring to find a job. Radio Shack gave me a opportunity to grow and establish myself here in Nevada. Thank you for all your support.
Pros
Learned alot about electronics
Cons
didnt get enough hours and schedule was never consist
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 23, 2016
Radio Shack is great place to work and learn basic electronics. After working there for over 3 years I have learned an awful lot just being around customers and having great conversations. I would have to say that interacting with the customers and learning new things are the best part of the job.
Pros
Benefits, Learning new things, and good customer
Cons
Pay
Relaxed environment, but terrible company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCDecember 20, 2016
RadioShack has changed over the years in a major way. Back in 2012 they went bankrupt, but partner with Sprint to keep the doors open. So most RadioShacks have Sprint stores inside them. The upper powers get on you if your numbers aren't good. Their whole idea is that for every customer that comes in to buy something, they want that customer to spend at least $20.00, and its your job to make sure they do. RadioShack tries to push their own brands, especially their Ncrediable brand headphones by Nick Canon. Thats all they seem to care about honestly. Headphones and batteries. Your store could do over $1,000.00 in sales, but if you didn't sell any Ncrediables or a pack a batteries they will say something to you. Its ridiculous!
Pros
relaxed, good manager
Cons
too foucused on certain products but not the actual money you make for the store
A decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN 46360November 20, 2016
Radioshack is a decent place to work. There is minimal training when it comes to electronics, so being experienced with them will go a long way when working here. The company only really cares about sales, but in order to sell, customers will expect you to have an understanding and knowledge of products.
Pros
Decent discounts on Radioshack brand products
Cons
Comission structure constantly changing
Management experience
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJanuary 2, 2017
Company was a nice environment learning how to manage. Always changing to stay afloat was frustrating. Srick guidelines to follow. Company brand idenity hard to establish. Always a new ceo . Always changing sales strategy. Not the same company as before. Still a decent place to buy smaller parts for diy projects
Nota a good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2017
Friendly co-workers and staff but unfortunately that's the only good thing to say about this job. Pay is horrible, management is clueless and job is more focused on selling cell phones than actually attending the customers needs. It's no wonder why the business is folding
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Horrible pay
Not an average day
Sales (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 20, 2017
The typical work day starts slow but picks up, it can be a slow environment or a rapid pace. no two days are ever the same. sales are usually dictated by your ability to relate to customers and find what they want or give them something better.
Pros
flexible work schedule, friendly employees
Cons
Low pay, little opportunity for advancement
Its a perductive work place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 30, 2016
Great job to work at perks along they way. Great vacation days they work with you. Working for this company made u wanna come to work they were all about their employees and there customers i felt that this company was a great choice I made and I would work for them again of they would have never went out ta business.
Pros
Half a day
Cons
3 breaks
good place to learn sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYMarch 1, 2017
Is a good place to learn customer service and retail sales. a typical day at work would be making the store ready to open if your working the opening shift and greeting customers as they enter and helping them with what they came in for and make sure they have everything they need.
Pros
health insurance
A fast pace envirnoment with constant changes in product.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Attalla, ALFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with RadioShack in Attalla, Al. Every District Manager that I worked with was supportive in my training as a manager and helped me make my store better.
Pros
Great incentives on cell phones
Cons
Long hours for managers, Low pay for hourly associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.