RadioShack Employee Reviews

Found 4,072 reviews matching the search
By far my favorite job ive had
Sales, customer service, (Former Employee) –  Grover Beach, CAMarch 22, 2017
I learned a lot from RadioShack like how to sell, how to deal with customers with multiple questions and how to met their needs. Radio shack set me on the path of sales and thought me all I needed to move up and work for a phone company.
Pros
benifits, good hours, commision
Cons
they closed down
I really enjoyed the fast paced sales environment that allowed me to learn about electronics
Shift Supervisor and Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 22, 2017
On a typical day helped customers and sold electronics. Learned about cell phone plans and how to fix cellular devices. Management was helpful and willing to teach employees. The favorite part of my day was resolving customer problems.
Bst Job Ever
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for radio shack nice and clean work space good team of associates overall everyday i learn something new everyday teaching customer about product information how can I get the customer a better deal the culture was wonderful many different races of people it was fun learning different languages .Hardest part was commuting everyday trains were not working as good but i made it my business to leave early for work
Typical Day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 22, 2017
Radio Shack stores are very small and cozy place to work in. The staff numbers are very small and the management is very personal with staff members. This is a place for someone who truly loves elections and are able to keep up with the new trend. Like any retail sore you have two kinds of customers, the friendly and the non-friendly group. You learn how to cope with them and you learn how to move on. The only fear with working in the city or near an expressway was the fear of getting rob. Overall then working environment with guest was great however the upper management was a bit unorganized.
Pros
working with a smll staff
Cons
managment
Fun work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2017
I really liked working there everyone was very nice and helped me learn a lot. On a typical day I would go back and forth between the women and men department. while doing that I would also do go backs and customer ser
Fun work environment but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 21, 2017
Working at radioshack is a fun experience especially if you enjoy helping people but the corporate management is very flip-floppy and has no communication with each other causing things to get very confusing with associates
electronics sales and help
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 21, 2017
I work at at Radioshack for three years. I basically dealt with customers who were in need of help with technical issues. We also learned the Sprint side of the business. We learned the mobile industry.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
lack of training
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 21, 2017
Radio Shack is not a place to work for a long time. It is very difficult to get promoted as well as getting any type of raise. It all depends the management in charge that makes a good atmosphere.
Pros
Good employee discounts.
Cons
Short brakes
To be discussed on the interview.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Howard Beach, NYMarch 20, 2017
My duties as a Supervisor were to secure company merchandise. I was responsible for maintaining the store, training new employees, promoting sales, customer service, and meeting the criteria of company protocol. I was responsible for exceeding sales goals and continuing company profit.
Pros
I gained experience.
Cons
Nothing bad to say.
Job security is always at high risk
Cashier (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 19, 2017
Job security doesn't exist with this company. As well the expectations that have been shown over the years hasn't changed. If you choose to work for them all power to you, just find something you like about it and hold to it. Cause as many of people that work there, that is all you'll really have besides a paycheck. The people you will work with are some of the most intelligent, and nicest people you'll meet. Many of them deserve better than this company.
Pros
Some down time
Cons
Expect to learn a lot in a very short period of time.
great experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Phelan, CAMarch 18, 2017
Loved my job at Radioshack it was a great experience for assistant manager experience that I enjoyed greatly and learned a lot form that I use daily at each and every job.
Was good once
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 17, 2017
Work there for 8 years. Do to poor business decisions the company is now on its second bankruptcy. Pay is below other retailers in the area and will more then likely close all stores end of May 2017
Sales Representitive
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2017
When I first came to the Pinnacle Park location it was still under construction. I helped set-up the store to a new floor plan and stock it with inventory. Later, I was used by Radio Shack to help prepare for the holiday season by training personnel in the incentive/spiff program for Sprint/ Verizon service plans and accessories. This training was conducted during the 2004 regional sales meeting in November. I completed all of the product training and certifications for all of the Radio Shack product lines and was the Key Holder for my store. This experience gave me a deep understanding of retail sales and Verizon and Sprint service contracts and how to push the sale of these services.
They don't care about you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2017
They set these outragious expectations and goals. One day you may have a job the next day you have a sign on the door saying pay rent and you are locked out. STAY AWAY
Company went under
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
I only worked here for 3 weeks so I can't really give a well in depth opinion. All I did was stock & when I tried to help a customer another employee would take my sale.
sad to see it go
District Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2017
i loved my job because of the client base, i was challenged by customer inquiries and coworkers. i definitely stayed busy without a moment to spare time wise. sad to see it go
Unproductive work envirnomnet
Region Administrator (Former Employee) –  Region OfficeMarch 16, 2017
Region managers especially the newly promoted or hired are clueless about the business and would rather see themselves exceed in front of upper management rather then the Store Managers and the store sales associates.

There was a day I would have recommended the company, however not in this day and age.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2017
I loved working at RadioShack I had to quit because of a high risk pregnancy but they were willing to take me back. The management was great and the people I worked with was helpful
Pros
fun people to work with, great products
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager/ Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHMarch 15, 2017
I was able to help an enormous amount of people with their cell phone problems and built a repertoire with customers. I was employed there for over 9 years and was very sad that I was laid off because of General Wireless closing down my store.
Was a great Career
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAMarch 15, 2017
Customer service is key in any retail especially a commission based position. You learn how to effectively manage your time and sales. You will learn all you need to know about electronics and everything else! This is a great place to make a lot of friends that you will consider family. The hardest part of the job is making sure to hit goals while still keeping a customer feeling like you aren't just selling them something. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the Great people you will meet.
Pros
Free education on products you sell
Cons
poor work/ life balance, non competitive pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval