RadioShack Employee Reviews

Chill job with low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2018
It's a fun place to work with the right co-workers.

Unfortunately the push for wireless in stores made it a drag to constantly ask customers about their cellphone service. Nobody goes into RadioShack to buy a cell phone..
Enjoyed my time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 25, 2018
great place to work knowledgeable coworkers. involved district management. ample room for growth and promotion. competitive marketplace and great clientele
A fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 25, 2018
The manager was sometimes rude to customers. The pay was good. Customers were nice (for the most part). I received great discounts especially when they were going out of business.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude people
Awesome
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I learned a lot while working at RadioShack. I advanced quickly and I loved being in an environment where things were changing around me constantly. Very sad they went out of business.
Great commision
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2018
Greet customers as they enter the store. Restock shelves with merchandise and make commission selling cellular phones. Clock out after relief has came in.
Pros
commission
Cons
work hours
First go find one
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 24, 2018
Information wouldn't be beneficial unless more stores we're to be reestablished. Decent place to work, but unfortunately most online sellers/marketplaces have devoured the competition. It's a sad site to see one of the greats with a seemingly wholesome background wither away.
Bankrupt
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Well, They went bankrupt. They had a lot of things to offer but they decided to go way off course with there initial vision. They had a lot of time to compete, but decided not to.
Pros
Cool products to sell when they were relevant
Cons
Going Bankrupt
Productive work place
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJanuary 24, 2018
Typical day at Radioshack ? Sale, Sale, Sale, Sale. If you want to make good money working at Radioshack, become very good at sales and learn the pitches and trust yourself. If you can do that and you have the confidence, you will love working there. You will learn a lot of things besides how to sell. You will learn about electronics, CB Radio's, TV's, Coax cable, connections, etc. Any type of older electronic, you will know about.
the most enjoyable part is the people you will meet. The customers are great and they are your greatest teachers. They will teach you things about electronics that are fun and will blow your mind.
Pros
fun, hard working, busy, commission, electronics
Cons
Pay is low for the required knowledge.
love working at RadioShack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Opening the store. Balancing the cash. helping the people. cleaning up the store and stocking. checking inventory. making the
schedules. helping other employees.
Manager of the store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canaan, CTJanuary 23, 2018
I really enjoyed dealing with the customers of Radio Shack. You got to meet a lot of interesting customers, in fact, that was how I landed the job on the Railroad.
I enjoyed viewing new products and learning about them.
One of the hardest parts of this job was that the management understaffed the store and when it got really busy customers could become difficult because you were not meeting their needs
Pros
Cash bonuses, Discount prices on merchandise
Cons
Under staffed, low wages and no health benefits
It was always fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Teaching others how to and getting them the products they needed, that was the fun part. So in going forward I think I will better vet the company I work for to gauge the longevity there of.
Pros
Cool gadgets
Cons
they went under
theres many reasons why they went bankrupt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 23, 2018
very poor management from corporate. lots of internal theft. overwhelming amount of daily operations which were micromanaged all the while boosting sales and upselling products
Cons
poor salary, poor management
great sales job for new person getting into sales
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2018
Provided IT-related guidance to customers on purchases related to personal computing, in-home computer networking and small business computer networking.
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Radioshack was a great place to work it unfortunately closed down. There was always advancement opportunities, relaxed place to work in not a lot of pressure but everyone needed to focus on our own metrics.
Pros
always had gadgets to play with
Cons
closed down
Survey Answers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHJanuary 22, 2018
My survey answers simply reflect that this company no longer exists. If it did then yes I would recommend it.

Overall it was a decent environment and good job. easy going, regular customers.
job
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 22, 2018
to much computer training on information about cell phones and other topics about the things that were sold at the store. To many things to learn and a litlebit of training.
Pros
discount
Cons
few hours
RadioShack Declined
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Everything about Radioshack was awesome with the exception of my last year there. The company started going down hill, corporate management was constantly changing, and communication became poor. Before the decline within the company, it was a fun environment to work in! We competed in selling phones and having higher commission rates. Hours were based on sales and performance.
Sell Sell Sell
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 21, 2018
It would get very stressful from time to time but was overall a fair place to work at. You will have to learn really quickly to sell sell sell beacuse that is what you will be doing pretty much till you quit
Pros
Benifits, paid vacation
Cons
Boring
Not sure if still in business
Customer Service/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I did enjoy working for this customer for almost 10 years, the pay was on the lower side but the benefits were good when I first started. I was laid off from this company not sure of the direction of this company.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 20, 2018
Over the air that I have work I would have to say my review on them as that is a very fast pace clean organized could be professionally ran but some people slip through the cracks. Learned a lot while working there along with some new friends so that's a was a good experience overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Career Opportunities
2.3

Family Support
1.8

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight