RadioShack
2,760 reviews

RadioShack Employee Reviews

fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 21, 2015
Radio Shack was very energetic, the people were fun to work with, and the environment was good. It paid well and allow plenty of hours for a full time job.
Bankrupt and Alone
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MIApril 21, 2015
To many things change to fast. Company can't make up their minds on important matters. They don't care about the people that actually do the hard work of the company.
not great
Sales Associate/Team Leader (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAApril 21, 2015
dirty work which is ok but the pay is low and the supervisors were not very nice, plus they were corrupt and looked out for their own.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2015
great company was going out of business and was cutting hours at work i was unable to finish all task i was given due to the lack of hours i was given
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 21, 2015
I work at Radio Shack until the store in my city closed. Great working environment with better co-workers. Overall laid back environment as long as work is completed in a timely fashion.
exciting job
Driver (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXApril 21, 2015
daily interactions with customers over the phone and stores looking for items and orders. Set up installation appointments for Direct TV and training classes.
fun company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), La Puente, CAApril 20, 2015
fun, chill, you can manage your stores axactly like your personality, if your personality is lazy you have a horrible store but if you keep up with your store you do great
High school job
Sales Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 20, 2015
Didnt offer room for advancement, however it is an awesome company to work for if you are in high school.
I was happy at RadioShack for about 20 of the 22 years that I worked there.
District Administrator (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 20, 2015
Pros: Met several wonderful people.
Cons: They wen't out of business and didn't fulfill severence payouts to employees
Typical day - filing, answering calls, spreadsheets, hiring
What I learned - how to effectively manage a business
My immediate supervisors were always top notch
I had excellent co-workers
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to manage my time and responsibilities in a manner that worked for me and the business.
not good
Sales Associate-Key holder /Shift Leader (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 19, 2015
this company was once this highlight to my life and is now the cancer to my life and feel like its sucking the life out of me.
b
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVApril 18, 2015
it was a good job. Management was good and the store environment was good as well. Co- workers were also good to be around positive attitudes.
We had some good dinners with good people
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 18, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: In the winter not having parking lot not cleared for us.
I had some good experiences at Radio Shack .I was also able to learn some new skills there as a forklift driver.The management there was a mixed bunch.Some of management was more involved than others.I met some some really great people there and will miss them a lot.The hardest part of my job was at the holidays when we would be very busy,but I like being busy.The most enjoyable part of my job was having 3 day weekends,I loved the 4 ten hour days.
Inormative fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Getting to know the latest technology
Cons: Not being bilingual
I met all sorts of charismatic people who were much more well versed in electronics than I will ever be. The knowledge that Idid gain from working at this business still helps me today.
Laid back, fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Belgrade, MTApril 16, 2015
During my six years in this small town store, I didn't have to deal with very many typical angry customers. Most people were very nice and appreciated my assistance. As such, a typical day was fairly amicable, consisting of assisting customers, chatting with co-workers, and enjoying whatever was on the television display.
Management was good. As a small store, there was only about five employees, making it easier to manage.
The worst part of this job, as with any customer service, was those times that a customer became flippant or angry. I simply explained the situation to those customers, often apologetically, and hoped they would become rational and understand.
Great while it lasted
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bangor, MEApril 16, 2015
I had a great time working for Radioshack. It's unfortunate that the company went through bankruptcy shortly after I joined.
Radio Shack Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McKeesport, PAApril 16, 2015
Good Co-workers, and the management was nice enough. Not much chance of movement and opportunity. I would recommend as solely and temp job and only that, not worth having a career with.
One of the best jobs I have had.
Sales Associate /MIT (Former Employee), Meridian, MSApril 16, 2015
REALLY enjoyed the people I worked for and worked with. I didn't see this as just a job, I L:iked going to work and helping customers. The hardest part of this job is being a female. I would get everything a customer would need to hook up a home stereo system and they would doubt me, until a male would approve of what I was saying. this is not the companies fault its just society!
Fun job
Salesman (Former Employee), American Fork, UTApril 16, 2015
I got to work with fun new technology, everyone there is always helpful, there was always something new everyday, management is OK if you do your job your good.
n/a
Site Manager (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDApril 15, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: pay
lots mirco management. great co workers and great customers .. plenty of weekends and holidays. long hours. great training
Radioshack an eh place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INApril 15, 2015
start the day off with no customers until 1 in the afternoon, and having to solve their problem that no other place could solve, so they come to radioshack as their last option, usually does not work out. co-workers would help if you ask.

About RadioShack

DO IT TOGETHER As the neighborhood technology resource, RadioShack enables consumers to find the products they need to connect – Read more

RadioShack Salaries