RadioShack Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,501 reviews matching the search
Great experiences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 20, 2016
Sometimes can be difficult to deal with angry customers but it is easy to calm them down and satisfy their wants and needs.
it was an ok experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2016
I didn't worked a long time at Radio Shack because the company went bankrupt, but the time i was there i enhance my customer service skills and how to be a sales man.
When i started their it was a good place to work but sadly it didn't last.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 16, 2016
Low pay for what is expected of you with the potential of a commission if you can sell enough of what they want particularly cell phones.

Hours can be a lovely mess from week to week.
Great work experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTFebruary 15, 2016
The best place that I have every worked at period. The clientele was amazing, the atmosphere and the co-workers. Radio Shack gave me the managerial experience that I have today.
exciting place to work
store manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 13, 2016
radio shack was a enjoyable place to work as both sales clerk and manager but corp guide lines where not up to present standardsand where behind the times in the electrinc field
Pros
customers, tech, sales
Cons
managment
Very fun and fast place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 11, 2016
On a typical day at work I would start by opening the store. Then I would instruct employees on their duties for the day. We would wait on customers and put out advertisement. Then I would due bank deposit and close the store.
Just a Job
Sales/Customer support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Doesn't pay very well but with good co works it made it easier. Health benefits are okay and the management was good to for the most part. Not to may changes in company policy which is good.
Productive and self motivated environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAFebruary 10, 2016
While working for radio shack, I was able to assist customers on new purchases on cell phones, while giving them feedback on the newest and current phones while being able to offer my recommendations, only after listening to their needs, as in data plan, texting plan. Working as a team, with only five co workers, we would always assist each other if needed to help close the sale. I enjoyed helping customers, by teaching them how to use their new devices and offering them add ons they may need.
Pros
decent discount and the opportunity to work in a team environment.
Cons
short lunches and sometimes no days off.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2016
Great products , friendly staff, swell customers but management was hard to get in touch with and staff was not a priority.
Pros
Discounts on cables and name brand items
Cons
lack of staff, poor commission.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clementon, NJFebruary 9, 2016
⦁ Monitor and grow sales and profit on a daily basis while controlling expenses.
⦁ Motivate, teach, and empower my employees to meet and exceed all objectives.
⦁ Control inventory levels by conducting counts daily and weekly.
⦁ Provide exceptional customer service by meeting the needs or finding a solution for a problem they may have.
No good.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I honestly didn't like the work here. Slow stores, company bankrupt, pay is not worth the job. Not for me. Commission based plus hourly.
asst. manager
Asst manager (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Started as an asst mngr. And had to learn all aspects of store operations from receiving the merchandise to ordering I also had extensive training in the art that is selling and how to increase through suggestion a one-item sale into a multiple item sale therefore increasing the sale amount of the customer.
Pros
fun to learn about electronics
Cons
salary was based on sales
Job that does not encourage much creative thinking.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day is usually filled with going planograms and reviewing inventory. After the operational procedures are done the rest of the day is taking care of the customers. Radioshack itself has not taught me anything however, I have learned a lot from the customers that enter the store. Originally I was stationed downtown where I learned much about the finance, marketing, and advertising world. Without a doubt the customers is what I love most about working in retail.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Detached higher ups that do not know what the people really wants
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I liked that it was also commission based and that i was helpful to Spanish speaking clients,i also got promoted to Key holder and was left in charge sometimes. Which i liked because it gave me a sense of responsibility and my manager was very friendly and took her time making sure my fellow employees and i were all on the same page, doing the work that needed to be done.
Pros
great place, great food, great management.
Cons
late closings, travel time home.
Easy Job
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2016
Not a very intense environment with the exception of the doped up customers that walked into the store all the time. Really not a lot to be said.
Pros
Good for a second job
Cons
Not worth working for full time
I was a Key holder I was under the assistant manager
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be more like a Sunday I would open the store put off the alarm fix the store the merchandise I learned how to meet the customers needs and wants I was in charge of the store when the manager or assistant were not available I had to do whatever needed to be done that day. Working with my co-workers was good because we each knew what we had to do. The hardest part was when a customer needed something and finding it for that customer making sure they had what they needed the most enjoyable part of my job was when I had happy customers.
Pros
Deals on electronics
Cons
short breaks
Worked at the HQ location
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Located on a beautiful campus in downtown Fort Worth. Great team environment. Supported many areas within the company from international, supply chain, finance, IT, etc.
Not the worst
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This is the job that gave me the foundation on which to build my ability to sell. They taught me how to ask for a sale, to ask open ended questions, and how to close. There was a high turn over rate so loyalty was highly praised. Overall it was a great first experience in sales.
Pros
competitive atmosphere
Cons
If it's a slow month, you'll make minimum wage since it's commission based
Great working enviornment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 4, 2016
Always enjoyed working and helping customers. Never a dull moment with my co-workers we would work great as a team. Learned about many products which helped in helping our customers. Hardest part about my job was not having certain products for customers or having unhappy customers.
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Managed several employees and took care all inventory within my shift as manager. Payroll and inventory was a big part of my duties.
Pros
sales