RADISSON Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Job
NIGHT AUDITOR/SECURITY/MOD (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 9, 2016
Hotel is literally falling apart and management are clueless and have no idea what is going on. Most of the rooms are out of order due to black mold.
Pros
Cons
more than can be listed
Reasonably priced hotel to get a good nights sleep
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 4, 2016
Typical work day included checking our guests in and out, making reservations for our guests, balancing of the days postings and emailing our daily reports to our hotel management and owners
great job experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 18, 2015
My first sales job. Learned a lot to get me to the next level in my career. This job had me personally grow and develop. Learned a lot of the banquets and taking on booking a convention center.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hotel was too big.
fast pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 30, 2015
I would clean rooms, then if done by a resonablie time i would go handle laundry. It was an ok work environment could be a little more organized.
Pros
I was cleaning which is something i love to do
Cons
was working fulltime hrs but couldnt get a fulltime position
Inspiring, fun, motivating, helpful, and charictor buiding
Stweard (Current Employee) –  Duluth Mn. 55806August 7, 2015
My normal day starts by coming in early and saying hello to everyone and asking them if they know what the day has in store then i clean the downstairs up after all the prep cooking is done, and if they need help i step in and help out as well. Then i go upstairs and clean up the rest of the restaurant till closing.
After that i go and clean the bathrooms and make all the floors garbage and compost is taken out.
The workers there are amazing they will help you out in a bind and show you how to do it in the blink of an eye.
The hardest part of my job is the pay.
The most injoyable part of the Radisson is the other people that work there and they make the pay worth it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short brakes and understaffed
Fast Learning And Productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2015
Very Nice Work Place Productive And I Learned A lot. My Past Jobs Have Helped Me Out In Life. All My Mangers Was Respectful Nice Stayed On To Me To Grow And Complete My Tasks. Co-Workers Were A Big Influence On Me What I Didn't Know They Did So Yes They Helped Out A lot.
Fun
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2015
Great company to work for. It also has great benefits as well as club carlson benefits(free rooms). Over all a Nice place4 to work.
The job was a good job but the management was difficult
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  plymouth maJuly 10, 2015
The job wasn't bad however, the management was difficult and the other employees were also hard to work with. The hours fluctuate often leaving you with a short work day and a small paycheck every two weeks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, gossip
Dishwasher
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 13, 2015
Washed dishes for banquets, weddings, and dining area. I learned that I got to be fast when doing my job so I don't fall behind. I love -working with my co-workers because they are very friendly and easy to get along with. The toughest part of the job is dealing with the wedding parties because there are a lot of dishes. I mainly enjoy working with people and my co-workers.
Pros
meal benefits with weddings
Cons
not enough hours
Great work environtment, great staff, but when Guiseppie left, the bar and restaurant, and even our banquet events went down enormously.
busser, expo, bartender, room service (Former Employee) –  Port CanaveralMay 26, 2015
I had a great experience there in my two years working there. I started out as a busser, and slowly moved my way up the ladder. I became barback, expo, server, and eventually bartender. I learned alot working for the Radisson. During our free time they would even let me prep cook and cook because I always wanted to learn back then.
Pros
Payed every friday, 401K, health insurance, always bust
Cons
none really
Its a wonderful hotel I work with specially you come across with great manager such as mine.
Data Entry (Reservations Agent) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
Typical work is part of the job I don't mind. I learned a lot to be detail of my job very comfort and fun environment everyday to work with my co-workers. To maintain guests to satisfied at all time.
Pros
great
Cons
great
NICE Building-poor Ownership
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 7, 2015
I loved working at the Radisson Fargo in the full service atmosphere. Unfortunately management is also ownership. They can be overbearing at times which makes employees feel like they are not allowed to do their job.
Great place to work!!
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The work atmosphere was fun and enjoyable. Workload was good enough to keep a person busy and the time go by fast. Very productive place to work at.
Pros
great staff and managers
Great Company
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2015
I enjoyed the Radisson philosophy of handling guest relations. Worked with some great people and also with some great companies. Staff members were very enjoyable to work with. Upper management tended to change a bit too often.
Pros
free meals.
Cons
change in upper management too often
Productive and fun to work for
Front Desk/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 19, 2014
Is a lot of paper work at first then I have the pleasure to interact with guest by checking them In and out

I do work with a good bunch of managers

My co- worker are fun and we do have some good laughs with each other and the guest

The hardest thing about this job is the parking which is owned by Central Parking a different company and sometime Central Parking and the Radisson are not on the same page and its hard with the guest about the paying arrangements

The most enjoyable part of the job is you do get to meet all kinds of people and I am such a people person I enjoy it very much when I get to work with the public in person or over the phone
Pros
free dinners per shift
Cons
no secuity on propriety
Great place
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 23, 2014
This is a great place to work you see the same guest on a weekly basis and most of them are great. It has the best view anyone can ask for overlooking Lake Michigan. The staff and management team are great
Helped me grow a knowledge of maintenance work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 25, 2014
This was a great company to work at and I was always able to learn new things; however, they were quick to assume things and showed favoritism toward some employees rather than others; which resulted in my leaving. Everyday was a challenge, but I was up for it. I was constantly told by my boss that I was the hardest worker there.
Pros
free lunch
No coordination
Housekeeper-Runner (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 31, 2014
No Coordination
No room to grow
I would not work for them again
fun place to work w/ lots of new people to meet all the time
Front Desk Manager/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 9, 2014
I started out on the front desk, and ended up shift manager, supervisor, and night audit supervisor. always fun people in & out of the hotel, fast paced w/ high customer service expectations & freindly but slow paced staff. the revoloving door of employees was very high, due to low pay and high responsibilities. someperks were you would get GREAT price breaks on other hotles all over for working here, which was VERY VERY nice when staying in boston
Pros
personal shuttle until 1am
Cons
staffing problems were very consistant
great place to work
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OKFebruary 17, 2014
I really enjoyed this position, the cold calling of clients, the setting up of events, the associates. It was all a great overall experience. Watching everything you had planned unfold before your eyes, and to see that it was all a success, what could be better.
Pros
associates that work well as a team
Cons
not much chance for advancement