Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work for.
Business Associate / Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2015
Rady Children s Hospital is an amazing place to work for. Rady Children's Hospital creates miracle on a daily basis to ensuring kids all over gets the best service in helping them live a healthier happier longer life. this job has a sense of fulfillment, meaning that I contribute to making these miracles happen.
Very busy, staff friendly but hourly wage was too low
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: I worked 3 days (12 hour shifts) per week
Cons: Low pay, costly benefits
I liked the fact that I was always busy taking care of children, it made my day rewarding. My co-workers were helpful and resourceful. The most difficult part of my job is that I was consistently on my feet for most of my 12 hour shift. The only downfall for me was that the pay was low and from that pay I had to pay a good portion of my medical benefits. I stayed there because I enjoyed making a difference in lives of children who were overcoming serious medical conditions and/or surgeries.
Great community and strong team build
Project Specialist, Marketing (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
Proud to have been part of a wonderful organization. Holds a tight team build along with strong motivation to provide the greatest quality care all around.
Great Team
Education Specialist Moderate/Severe (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 14, 2015
Productive and informative
Corporate and Community Development Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2015
A lot of research and working with experts in their field is a unique opportunity that better prepares you for success in the future
Organization with emphasis on patient safety and care
Quality Management Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Rady Children's Hospital has a very friendly working atmosphere where patient safety is their primary concern. There is significant collaboration across departments in order to provide the patients with the best possible care.
Company going through major changes. Good place to work
Accounts Receivable/Refunds Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: helping children
Cons: mergers and consolidations
Company going through major changes. Good place to work. Okay benefits but very costly. Corporate departments merging with outside companies recently purchased.
Enjoyable
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to work with fragile disabled children. My co-workers were nice to work with. Wonderful benefits.
Productive work place
Eligibility Tech II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: nice employee cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, making a difference in another persons care and treatments feels rewarding knowing that something you did mattered and made a difference.
Great Hospital
RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level IV (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: easy parking, great management, awesome team of co-workers
Cons: patient/families are difficult and about 1% speak english. very sick, poor prognosis infants with horrible birth defects.
Challenging patient population. Great edcucational work experience.
Productive, and Challenging.
Phlebotomist CPT1 / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
Many new changes. Learning to work with children that have been diagnosed with rare diseases takes a very special person. Worked with peds for 4 years, I am ready to work with a diverse age group.
Rady Childrens Hospital is a world class healthcare organziation for pediatric patients
Manager Patient Access Developmental Services (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2014
I enjoy the work I do supporting Rady Children's Hospital Developmental Services, my access team of 45 employees supports seven programs in nine locations and 127 providers.
Working with babies and kids is a joy on its own, helping making them feel better is an honor.
Patient Access Representative & Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: lots of chances for learning and growing
Cons: short breaks can sometimes get to you, but the kids are worth it.
Excellent place to work, staff and physicians all work together for the best of the patient, egos are rarely an issue. Hardest part is when no matter what is done for a patient we still lose. Best part is seeing a little one smile and feel better.
Great Employer
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: large bonuses
Billing of Hospital Pediatric claims to commercial and government both electronically and by paper. Called Several Insurance companies to collect revenue. Posted payments received fro insurance companies and patients. Assisted physicians with credentialing for major insurance companies. Great rapport with coworkers, very health and happy work environment.
Amazing medical staff and nurses! Upper administration needs some improvement.
Staff RN (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: highly skilled medical team, good team work
Cons: minimal support for advancing your education or skills/research
One of the best hospitals I've worked at in terms of the care given to the children and the skill level of staff.

The downside is that there's not much opportunity for advancement, little to no support or infrastructure for nursing research or advancing your education, and a big disconnect between the frontline staff and upper level administration and HR. I highly recommend working here for a few years to get some great experience, then move on if you want to advance professionally.
Valued employee
Research Associate (Current Employee), Developmental ServicesJuly 28, 2014
RCHSD really values every employee. They are flexible and do really want to keep you happy in your position. They invest in you at many levels.
Clinic for Pediatric Cardiac patients
RN Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are excellent
Cons: short lunch time due to patient schedule
Rady Childrens Pediatric Clinic is one of the busiest places I have worked. The wide range of culture and race that visits this clinic is evidence they need to expand their clinic. There are several providers and staff members that are seeing patients on a continual schedule. The providers and staff are fabulous. The director is genuinely caring and wants to promote closeness among the staff. She has a long history of working at Rady Childrens Hospital and therefore is an enormous advocate on their hospital philosophy. The physicians at the Cardiac Clinic are dedicated to improving the welfare of children and the families these children go home with. The education given to the families is phenomenal. This clinic is exceptionally efficient in treating their outpatient cardiac pediatric population.
Internship for Health Information Technology
Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: hands-on training
Cons: n/a
Learn important information from my supervisor the different types of forms and sub-acute and skilled nursing facility daily log.The information was learned in class at San Diego Mesa College at the site I was able to see the use in the hands-on training at the RCHSD (Bernardy Center). 150 hours of training required by San Diego Mesa College in order to graduate from the Health Information Technology Program.
Staffed generously
RRT III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: staffing well
Cons: unable to practice as a professional
Management is very laid back, RT's aren't treated as professionals, but more like helpers to nurses.
Student internship
Intern/Health Information Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 9, 2014
Very organized and very focused Health Information Department!