Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews in United States

Learning Experience
Operations administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Working at Radys Children's Physician Management Services was a challenging place to work. Being an executive assistant to the Director of Practice management, I would have to know what she needed and when. I did a lot of stuff outside my job scope, but I was happy to do it. Such as helping out in the billing department, or going around to all the satellite clinics and doing audits and vaccine inventory.
What I learned from management is to keep a cool head, and go with the flow.
The hardest part about my job was, it was really hard to advance. No matter how well I knew the job, it was difficult to move up in the organization.
The most enjoyable part about my job were my co-workers and my boss. They were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
learned a lot, team work
Cons
pay was low, and hard to advance my career
Good People
Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
My co-workers are really nice. I float in the different unit. Schedule is very flexible. Management is okay, I learned from nurses through observation with communicating with patients and their patient care.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
12 hours is too long
Great Organization
IT Clinical Informaticist, Epic, ASAP Application (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2016
This is a great hospital that generally cares about the patients. I would recommend working for this organization to other IT professionals. They lack a little org structure because it is a one hospital system but the people are great to work with.
Patient Access Rep II
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2016
Create Referrals / Verify Authorizations *Collect Copays/Balance Drawer *Create reports of Copays for
accounting *Verify patients insurance *Patient data entry *Demographic Verification for patient verification and
accuracy *Maintain HIPPA at all times. Provide excellent customer service.
Pros
Excellent place to work if you do not plan to further your career.
Cons
Cannot rely grow into one specific field
Rewarding
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
The employees make Children's one of the best places to work in San Diego. It is a fulfilling and rewarding place to be.

The compensation for non-clinical staff is below market rate for the rest of San Diego.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Compensation and Benefits
Every day is an adventure at ENT
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
It is never a dull moment at the Otolaryngology Dept here at Rady's. From ankyloglossia newborns to patients with foreign object in their noses or ears! The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a straight face when a parent tells me there is a bean up the nose. I have learned that the only way to keep a patient happy is to bribe them with stickers.
Pros
Flexible, not monotonous
Cons
Frequently short staffed
Only Pediatric Game in Town
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2016
Unfortunate for San Diego, Rady's is the major player in Pediatrics. The culture is like a bad sorority house. Management is incompetent at best. Staff is exceptional and would be the main reason someone would continue an affiliation with this organization. Compensation is below market average for staff.
Would never recommend working for supply department
Customer service representitive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2016
Dont understand how management still have jobs. They never have enough employees to get job done properly. Always run out of supplies and never have a good reason to why items aren't available to patients.
Pros
Always work available
Cons
Everything about they're operation is wrong
Excellent Staff, Excellent Pot-Luck Feast...
SPD Sterile Techn 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2016
What's not to luv about beautiful sunny San Diego!

Joyful experience I will always cherrish working with children Instrumentation....
This is great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I love children. It brakes my heart to see many diagnosis. The thing that brings my happiness back is that I was here to help families out. That they left here happy.
Wonderful workplace
Patient Care Assistant at PICU (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Rady Children's hospital is one of the top hospitals in the U.S. It's an absolutely amazing workplace. I love people I work with.
Excellent company to work for
Temp from Allied Health Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed being able to help out families in need. It was always a good feeling to see clients faces when told I was going to make a pledge to there account.
Pros
Interacting with clients on a daily basis.
Cons
Not being able to finish up a client due to information missing.
Fun workplace to learn how to be like a kid again...
Playroom Attendant/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2015
Volunteering here was a fantastic experience. The playroom was a "hospital-free" setting where the kids could really connect with being a kid again. I liked how the hospital made this a "safe zone" for them so that they could relax a bit, and just be kids.
Overall, a VERY GOOD place to work, would recommend to anyone looking for a job in healthcare!!
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II, HomeCare (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2015
If you can negotiate your way diplomatically through the many varied personalities each day (just keep a friendly smile handy) AND stay focused on completing tasks at hand, this is a fun job! Workload can get stressful, but most of the time is very do-able. Management is good people, although can be a bit sketchy with schedules and processes at times. As with any large Healthcare team, you can't escape the ever-present politics and jumping through hoops, but this place does recognize you as an individual and sincerely will work with you to accomplish goals and meet your needs. Lots of fun pot lucks and lunches, and company functions-at-the-junction, if you're into that. The pay is good, people are nice, and that pretty much sums it up.
IT was OK
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 13, 2015
The corporate culture varies, depending on which department you work for. There is clinical, IT, Health Information Management, Finance, Claims, Scheduling, Nursing. The company is very stable. A lot of people enjoy working there, helping children and working in a stable environment.
Great company moral
School Program Intern (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 10, 2015
Social and community oriented
Expanding into new technological areas
Great work environment
Good Management structure and friendly CEO
I was challenged and inspired
A wonderful place to work for.
Business Associate / Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2015
Rady Children s Hospital is an amazing place to work for. Rady Children's Hospital creates miracle on a daily basis to ensuring kids all over gets the best service in helping them live a healthier happier longer life. this job has a sense of fulfillment, meaning that I contribute to making these miracles happen.
Very busy, staff friendly but hourly wage was too low
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2015
I liked the fact that I was always busy taking care of children, it made my day rewarding. My co-workers were helpful and resourceful. The most difficult part of my job is that I was consistently on my feet for most of my 12 hour shift. The only downfall for me was that the pay was low and from that pay I had to pay a good portion of my medical benefits. I stayed there because I enjoyed making a difference in lives of children who were overcoming serious medical conditions and/or surgeries.
Pros
I worked 3 days (12 hour shifts) per week
Cons
Low pay, costly benefits
Great community and strong team build
Project Specialist, Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
Proud to have been part of a wonderful organization. Holds a tight team build along with strong motivation to provide the greatest quality care all around.
Organization with emphasis on patient safety and care
Quality Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Rady Children's Hospital has a very friendly working atmosphere where patient safety is their primary concern. There is significant collaboration across departments in order to provide the patients with the best possible care.

4.3