Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews

budgets, lack of support
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2016
As with all hospitals there is pro's and cons. I love what I do but there has been more and more responsibility, requirements and involvement required just to do your day to day bedside job that takes away from your patient care. In general there is a desire by my units management for improvement and growth but they meet a lot of resistance due to budgets and lack of support from directors.
There has been required certifications and things put in place to help achieve magnet and awards but we are threatened of demotion rather than encouraged and education rewarded.
We provide excellent care and the physicians are amazing and your experiences will be great.
A Good Place to work
Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2016
I've only worked at rayds for about half a year and i have to say its a nice place to work, its not perfect but they are making an effort to improve. for example i mostly work Noct shifts and they are now starting to bring food trucks for Noct shifts so now we have a chance to get something to eat at 2am.
Raises baced on marit and experience. unoin support
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123December 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Rady. I worked primarily outpatients. very good at pediatric veinipunctures. Children seem to like me. I relate well with them.
Pros
very rewarding contribution to healthcare
Cons
Children are arfair
A growing company that still has a small feel
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2016
Mission of providing quality care for the children is evident however that's not to say everything great with this company.

Benefits and pay are so/so but that is not the reason why people work here. People work here because they believe in helping children.

The hospital is growing at a fast rate but yet they are managing like it's a small company which might seem nice but is not very effective. Company lacks technology to make doing your job more efficient.
Pros
family oriented; nice people
Cons
lack of training and technology to perform effectively in job
Convience for seeking temp positons
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Front desk duties to greet and meet people
Learned all Microsoft Office
Co -Workers are in good Communication
Cannot leave my desk area unless covered by someone else.
Meeting and greeting new people
Great Culture but limited advancement
Anonymous Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2016
Some people never leave because they genuinely love to help and serve patients and their families. Strong mission and purpose. Advancement and career opportunities are limited and very hard to move up. Pay is not what is expected for a company in San Diego.
Pros
Great culture, good experience, great events and beautiful facilities.
Cons
Advancement often based on who you know, not what you can do. Pay is not as good.
Good place to work for
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for Children's Hospital. It is a good place of employment. I would of enjoyed a little bit more if management had been a little more involved with employees and our needs. It is overall a great employer, there is great opportunity for growth and the volunteers are great people, very caring.
Pros
really good benefits
Cons
management needs to be more involved with staff
BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2017
It was great to work with caring staff. Learned a lot about customer service. Great workplace culture. Hardest part of job was to see ill patients, but the greatest part was to see them leave with a happy face.
The only pediatric hospital in town
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Great place for working with kids and fulfilling your pediatric passion, but not much room for professional growth and the pay is not competitive with other hospitals in the area.
I love working with this company
Medical Assitant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
This company is a fast paste environment. Everyday is a learning experience. It is an amazing company to work for. The people here are helpful and out going. They are dedicated to patient care and all work great together as a team. This is rare to come by in a such big expanding company. I don't have anything that I dislike about the company.
Cons

Want to know more about Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego?

Ask a question
San Diego is great, the hospital not the best in the city
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2016
They hospital cares more about making money than they do about their employees and it is obvious in the pay and benefits package. They are trying to kick out the union that protects a lot of their staff.
Learning Experience
Operations administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Working at Radys Children's Physician Management Services was a challenging place to work. Being an executive assistant to the Director of Practice management, I would have to know what she needed and when. I did a lot of stuff outside my job scope, but I was happy to do it. Such as helping out in the billing department, or going around to all the satellite clinics and doing audits and vaccine inventory.
What I learned from management is to keep a cool head, and go with the flow.
The hardest part about my job was, it was really hard to advance. No matter how well I knew the job, it was difficult to move up in the organization.
The most enjoyable part about my job were my co-workers and my boss. They were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
learned a lot, team work
Cons
pay was low, and hard to advance my career
Productive and fun
Welcome Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Set up first time patients and make first appointments. Check insurance benefits and coverage for mother and new born.
Patient Access Rep II
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2016
Create Referrals / Verify Authorizations *Collect Copays/Balance Drawer *Create reports of Copays for
accounting *Verify patients insurance *Patient data entry *Demographic Verification for patient verification and
accuracy *Maintain HIPPA at all times. Provide excellent customer service.
Pros
Excellent place to work if you do not plan to further your career.
Cons
Cannot rely grow into one specific field
Every day is an adventure at ENT
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
It is never a dull moment at the Otolaryngology Dept here at Rady's. From ankyloglossia newborns to patients with foreign object in their noses or ears! The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a straight face when a parent tells me there is a bean up the nose. I have learned that the only way to keep a patient happy is to bribe them with stickers.
Pros
Flexible, not monotonous
Cons
Frequently short staffed
Good People
Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
My co-workers are really nice. I float in the different unit. Schedule is very flexible. Management is okay, I learned from nurses through observation with communicating with patients and their patient care.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
12 hours is too long
Great Organization
IT Clinical Informaticist, Epic, ASAP Application (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2016
This is a great hospital that generally cares about the patients. I would recommend working for this organization to other IT professionals. They lack a little org structure because it is a one hospital system but the people are great to work with.
Only Pediatric Game in Town
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2016
Unfortunate for San Diego, Rady's is the major player in Pediatrics. The culture is like a bad sorority house. Management is incompetent at best. Staff is exceptional and would be the main reason someone would continue an affiliation with this organization. Compensation is below market average for staff.
Would never recommend working for supply department
Customer service representitive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2016
Dont understand how management still have jobs. They never have enough employees to get job done properly. Always run out of supplies and never have a good reason to why items aren't available to patients.
Pros
Always work available
Cons
Everything about they're operation is wrong
Rewarding
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
The employees make Children's one of the best places to work in San Diego. It is a fulfilling and rewarding place to be.

The compensation for non-clinical staff is below market rate for the rest of San Diego.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Compensation and Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2