Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employer Reviews

Productive, and Challenging.
Phlebotomist CPT1 / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
Many new changes. Learning to work with children that have been diagnosed with rare diseases takes a very special person. Worked with peds for 4 years, I am ready to work with a diverse age group.
Rady Childrens Hospital is a world class healthcare organziation for pediatric patients
Manager Patient Access Developmental Services (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2014
I enjoy the work I do supporting Rady Children's Hospital Developmental Services, my access team of 45 employees supports seven programs in nine locations and 127 providers.
Working with babies and kids is a joy on its own, helping making them feel better is an honor.
Patient Access Representative & Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: lots of chances for learning and growing
Cons: short breaks can sometimes get to you, but the kids are worth it.
Excellent place to work, staff and physicians all work together for the best of the patient, egos are rarely an issue. Hardest part is when no matter what is done for a patient we still lose. Best part is seeing a little one smile and feel better.
Great Employer
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: large bonuses
Billing of Hospital Pediatric claims to commercial and government both electronically and by paper. Called Several Insurance companies to collect revenue. Posted payments received fro insurance companies and patients. Assisted physicians with credentialing for major insurance companies. Great rapport with coworkers, very health and happy work environment.
Amazing medical staff and nurses! Upper administration needs some improvement.
Staff RN (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: highly skilled medical team, good team work
Cons: minimal support for advancing your education or skills/research
One of the best hospitals I've worked at in terms of the care given to the children and the skill level of staff.

The downside is that there's not much opportunity for advancement, little to no support or infrastructure for nursing research or advancing your education, and a big disconnect between the frontline staff and upper level administration – more... and HR. I highly recommend working here for a few years to get some great experience, then move on if you want to advance professionally. – less
Valued employee
Research Associate (Current Employee), Developmental ServicesJuly 28, 2014
RCHSD really values every employee. They are flexible and do really want to keep you happy in your position. They invest in you at many levels.
Clinic for Pediatric Cardiac patients
RN Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are excellent
Cons: short lunch time due to patient schedule
Rady Childrens Pediatric Clinic is one of the busiest places I have worked. The wide range of culture and race that visits this clinic is evidence they need to expand their clinic. There are several providers and staff members that are seeing patients on a continual schedule. The providers and staff are fabulous. The director is genuinely caring and – more... wants to promote closeness among the staff. She has a long history of working at Rady Childrens Hospital and therefore is an enormous advocate on their hospital philosophy. The physicians at the Cardiac Clinic are dedicated to improving the welfare of children and the families these children go home with. The education given to the families is phenomenal. This clinic is exceptionally efficient in treating their outpatient cardiac pediatric population. – less
Internship for Health Information Technology
Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: hands-on training
Cons: n/a
Learn important information from my supervisor the different types of forms and sub-acute and skilled nursing facility daily log.The information was learned in class at San Diego Mesa College at the site I was able to see the use in the hands-on training at the RCHSD (Bernardy Center). 150 hours of training required by San Diego Mesa College in order – more... to graduate from the Health Information Technology Program. – less
Staffed generously
RRT III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: staffing well
Cons: unable to practice as a professional
Management is very laid back, RT's aren't treated as professionals, but more like helpers to nurses.
Student internship
Intern/Health Information Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 9, 2014
Very organized and very focused Health Information Department!
home visiting for high risk famililes
Assessment Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 28, 2014
a lot of change in management, job location and funding. Never felt secure in the job due to funding. Laid off due to funding
Great location and work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers, management, benefits, stand alone childrens hospital
Cons: night shift
I spent my first few years as a nurse here and loved it. My first year of nursing was extremely challenging, but the support I received from my fellow nurses and management helped me through. I was sad to leave Rady's, but due to a life change I decided to try something new. I can not say enough nice things about this hospital.
Great place for job advancement
Patient registration and data entry (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: helping the children of our community
Cons: uneffective leadership
Very rewarding hospital by helping children get well.
Safe environment to work at, nursing team has excellent communication skills through out the hospital.
Rady Children Summary
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: job security, employee incentives, employee benefits
Cons: the operating room is a stressful environment
The operating room is a very busy place and often the environment is stressful. I feel that management does an excellent job taking care of staff and patients. The management often stays late, and comes in early to make sure that the day runs as smoothly as possible. The management also takes the input of their staff and give great feedback.
Excellent Vallues
Desktop Support Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: values good
Cons: not enough staff
good place to work non profit. great people to work with, structure and people prevent Rady's from keeping good people.
management
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2012
Pros: staff was a pleasure to work around
Cons: cafeteria food was to expensive and didn't taste good
Management was a little hard to work with at times. Showed favoritism to certain employees
Rewarding and challenging
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 11, 2012
A typical day at Radys Children's Hospital would be scrubbing all services.
I LOVE MY CO-WORKERS!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 4, 2012
I have been with Rady Children's for a few years now and I love where i work. Im sad to leave but the reason is because i have to move to Denver or else i would be here for many more moons!
Great Learning Environment
Research Administrative Support (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2012
Many of the leaders on the team have been very encouraging when it comes to continuing your education. They are very patient and listen to your needs and help you expands on the things that interest you.
Overall a great place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee)September 2, 2011
Pros: rewarding atmosphere, fun employee events
Cons: highly stressful, overwhelming workload, understaffed administration
Overall a great place to work as long as it's NOT in the Legal Dept.

About Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego

It's not just caring about children that makes our staff so special. It's our dedication to specialized training and sensitivity – Read more