Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace
Patient Care Assistant at PICU (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Rady Children's hospital is one of the top hospitals in the U.S. It's an absolutely amazing workplace. I love people I work with.
Excellent company to work for
Temp from Allied Health Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed being able to help out families in need. It was always a good feeling to see clients faces when told I was going to make a pledge to there account.
Pros
Interacting with clients on a daily basis.
Cons
Not being able to finish up a client due to information missing.
Fun workplace to learn how to be like a kid again...
Playroom Attendant/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2015
Volunteering here was a fantastic experience. The playroom was a "hospital-free" setting where the kids could really connect with being a kid again. I liked how the hospital made this a "safe zone" for them so that they could relax a bit, and just be kids.
Overall, a VERY GOOD place to work, would recommend to anyone looking for a job in healthcare!!
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II, HomeCare (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2015
If you can negotiate your way diplomatically through the many varied personalities each day (just keep a friendly smile handy) AND stay focused on completing tasks at hand, this is a fun job! Workload can get stressful, but most of the time is very do-able. Management is good people, although can be a bit sketchy with schedules and processes at times. As with any large Healthcare team, you can't escape the ever-present politics and jumping through hoops, but this place does recognize you as an individual and sincerely will work with you to accomplish goals and meet your needs. Lots of fun pot lucks and lunches, and company functions-at-the-junction, if you're into that. The pay is good, people are nice, and that pretty much sums it up.
IT was OK
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 13, 2015
The corporate culture varies, depending on which department you work for. There is clinical, IT, Health Information Management, Finance, Claims, Scheduling, Nursing. The company is very stable. A lot of people enjoy working there, helping children and working in a stable environment.
Great company moral
School Program Intern (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 10, 2015
Social and community oriented
Expanding into new technological areas
Great work environment
Good Management structure and friendly CEO
I was challenged and inspired
A wonderful place to work for.
Business Associate / Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2015
Rady Children s Hospital is an amazing place to work for. Rady Children's Hospital creates miracle on a daily basis to ensuring kids all over gets the best service in helping them live a healthier happier longer life. this job has a sense of fulfillment, meaning that I contribute to making these miracles happen.
Very busy, staff friendly but hourly wage was too low
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2015
I liked the fact that I was always busy taking care of children, it made my day rewarding. My co-workers were helpful and resourceful. The most difficult part of my job is that I was consistently on my feet for most of my 12 hour shift. The only downfall for me was that the pay was low and from that pay I had to pay a good portion of my medical benefits. I stayed there because I enjoyed making a difference in lives of children who were overcoming serious medical conditions and/or surgeries.
Pros
I worked 3 days (12 hour shifts) per week
Cons
Low pay, costly benefits
Great community and strong team build
Project Specialist, Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
Proud to have been part of a wonderful organization. Holds a tight team build along with strong motivation to provide the greatest quality care all around.
Organization with emphasis on patient safety and care
Quality Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Rady Children's Hospital has a very friendly working atmosphere where patient safety is their primary concern. There is significant collaboration across departments in order to provide the patients with the best possible care.
Company going through major changes. Good place to work
Accounts Receivable/Refunds Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Company going through major changes. Good place to work. Okay benefits but very costly. Corporate departments merging with outside companies recently purchased.
Pros
helping children
Cons
mergers and consolidations
Enjoyable
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2014
I learned how to work with fragile disabled children. My co-workers were nice to work with. Wonderful benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place
Eligibility Tech II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2014
Great place to work, making a difference in another persons care and treatments feels rewarding knowing that something you did mattered and made a difference.
Pros
nice employee cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
Great Hospital
RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2014
Challenging patient population. Great edcucational work experience.
Pros
easy parking, great management, awesome team of co-workers
Cons
patient/families are difficult and about 1% speak english. very sick, poor prognosis infants with horrible birth defects.
Productive, and Challenging.
Phlebotomist CPT1 / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
Many new changes. Learning to work with children that have been diagnosed with rare diseases takes a very special person. Worked with peds for 4 years, I am ready to work with a diverse age group.
Rady Childrens Hospital is a world class healthcare organziation for pediatric patients
Manager Patient Access Developmental Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2014
I enjoy the work I do supporting Rady Children's Hospital Developmental Services, my access team of 45 employees supports seven programs in nine locations and 127 providers.
Working with babies and kids is a joy on its own, helping making them feel better is an honor.
Patient Access Representative & Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Excellent place to work, staff and physicians all work together for the best of the patient, egos are rarely an issue. Hardest part is when no matter what is done for a patient we still lose. Best part is seeing a little one smile and feel better.
Pros
lots of chances for learning and growing
Cons
short breaks can sometimes get to you, but the kids are worth it.
Great Employer
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2014
Billing of Hospital Pediatric claims to commercial and government both electronically and by paper. Called Several Insurance companies to collect revenue. Posted payments received fro insurance companies and patients. Assisted physicians with credentialing for major insurance companies. Great rapport with coworkers, very health and happy work environment.
Pros
large bonuses
Amazing medical staff and nurses! Upper administration needs some improvement.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2014
One of the best hospitals I've worked at in terms of the care given to the children and the skill level of staff.

The downside is that there's not much opportunity for advancement, little to no support or infrastructure for nursing research or advancing your education, and a big disconnect between the frontline staff and upper level administration and HR. I highly recommend working here for a few years to get some great experience, then move on if you want to advance professionally.
Pros
highly skilled medical team, good team work
Cons
minimal support for advancing your education or skills/research
Valued employee
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Developmental ServicesJuly 28, 2014
RCHSD really values every employee. They are flexible and do really want to keep you happy in your position. They invest in you at many levels.

4.5