Rady Children’s Physician Management Services (RCPMS) is a Management Service Organization (MSO) serving San Diego area physicians since 1995. Our dedicated team of professionals and their collective years of experience in the health care industry provide our Clients with a unique and expert resource pool to maximize the operations and profits of their organizations. We employ over 350 dedicated and diversified individuals to provide services to approximately 100 providers.
RCPMS seeks a friendly, motivated, experienced individual for our open Medical Receptionist Lead position in our La Jolla office. The Lead is responsible for effective front office patient and work flow. The Lead must be fully proficient in all Medical Receptionist duties as well as possess advanced knowledge of the financial office functions at the sites. The Lead oversees the front office staff to ensure procedures and tasks are completed correctly and to RCPMS standards with specific focus on patient flow at scheduling, check in and oversight of the financial processes and transactions.
- Manages and ensures effective work flow in the front office including shifting of staff as needed within the functional areas to meet peak needs throughout the work day.
- Provides orientation, guidance, mentoring and training to new front office staff.
- Defuses and handles difficult patient interactions, answer questions, and responds to complaints professionally and provides resolution.
- Performs various procedures associated with routine patient encounters, including processing incoming calls for appointments and distribution, directing patients to appropriate clinic locations, informing patients of clinic procedures and confirming appointments.
- Checks HMO eligibility and demonstrates knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Sets up new charts, files and faxes requested information according to procedures.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Two years of experience in a medical setting with graduation from a medical reception or billing program preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Pleasant attitude, a professional appearance and a willingness to assign high priority to patient comfort and satisfaction.
- You must demonstrate accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail and must strive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
If you want to work with a great group of people, we invite you to join us in promoting the health of children within our communities. Rady Children's Physician Management Services offers the full scope of benefits, a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for professional growth.
Submit resume and cover letter by email.
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.