RAGING WATERS Employee Reviews

Work
Supervisor (Current Employee), San Dimas, CAAugust 2, 2015
It used to be fun when i first started working there, now its all down hill. Doesn't seem like the company no longer cares about their employees but instead would rather put them at risk to make more money.
Fun and family oriented environment
Food and Beverage (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJune 27, 2015
-Looked forward to preparing food and working efficiently.
-Learned how to read recipes and follow directions thoroughly.
-management openly conversed with all of the staff.
-The co-workers believed in the concept of teamwork regularly.
-The hardest part of the job was staying cool in a small, hot environment.
-the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customer and co-workers along with learning tips about food preparation.
Great summer job
Cash Control Supervisor (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Getting in free to play, summer hours, meet new people
Cons: Only open in the summer, hot, had to wear uniforms
I worked six summers in a row in cash control at Raging Waters. It was a great summer job and since we were a small crew, it felt like I was surrounded by family rather than co-workers. I learned how to value everyone's hard work and how to better help everyone that needed an extra hand. The hardest part of the job was when we had to call security on a cashier that was short. I always apologized to the cashier and the security because I was just following the rules. The most enjoyable part of the job was just getting to work and working with an awesome crew.
Fun Atmospheres
H2GO Team Member (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAMay 5, 2015
Honestly i loved working here. It was fun. Sometimes it got tiring but that's normal. However, it is a water park and it did get very hot. Also, we didn't rotate very much so I stood in one spot for 4 hours sometimes.
laid back and productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2015
It is a nice summer job for someone who is just starting out. Everyone is nice and willing to help if you need it. The hours you work are flexible.
Lifeguard at Raging Waters
Lifeguard (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 4, 2015
Typical day at Raging Waters included life-guarding in different locations throughout the park, securing the safety of the park-goers. Lifeguarders were tested on their observational skills by being challenged to find a inflatable dummy floating in the pool they were stationed at every week.This was the most challenging part of the job.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2015
the management at raging waters wasn't that great, they would let workers be on their phones and just lag off. i learner how to work a cash register. the hardest part of the job was the catering because we were never organized or sometimes we didn't have what we needed because our shipment didn't come in. the most enjoyable part was just being a cashier and getting to meet people from all over.
Productive, Fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Its a great first job. Great management, wonderful people to work with. It requires a lot of standing and being under the sun all day. Great hours.
Raging waters is a good first job
Cabana Server (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great co workers, free admission on days off
Cons: customers are rude, sometimes no tips.
Mostly high school kids or recent high school graduates, very hot, long hours. Management in food and bev is pretty decent but higher up is horrible.
it was fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free sunglasses, money
Cons: sunburns
You watch the water and rescue those who need rescuing. You need to learn CPR and you get to ride the rides every once and awhile. Working there was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to join. The only down side was all the training one needed to take to become a lifeguard.
Extreme hands on
Maintence/ Lifeguard (Current Employee), SAN JOSE, 95118October 2, 2014
Raging waters is extreme hands on with pool maintenance, water safety chemical checks. I learned a lot about maintaining structures, fixing pool damages, structure damages and as well as team efficiency. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. I like to stay busy and there is always something to work on.
a great first job or summer job
Grill Cook,Warehouse,Catering (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: no benefits, bad customers
needs more of a stable management team and more loyal employees
Fun and Awesome environment
Food Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2014
Everyones nice with the side of occasional drama. Management is the best but few people might cause a hostile environment as in all jobs have.
Great place to gain experience in warehouse.
Food and Beverage Manager: Warehouse (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAAugust 5, 2014
A typical day of work included keeping inventory of our supplies, receiving shipments of supplies and organizing the warehouse, and delivering supplies to the various stations around the water park.
Fun place to work but management needs work.
Park Services (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJuly 8, 2014
Park service is basically walking around all day and keeping the park and bathrooms clean. Helping guests with any type of questions they might have.
I learned that there is drama everywhere in life and you just have to be friends with everyone and keep your nose out of everyone's business. Yes some co-workers may not like you, but just keep a smile on your face because you are there to work.
Very active and productive style of workplace and pretty fun.
Lifeguard (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 20, 2014
My day of work as a lifeguard consists of communicating with other co-workers during a rotation as well as keeping a visual safety check for the guests and making sure everyone is following rules as well as having fun. The hardest part of the job is always acting at the right time when you see an incident occurring. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with guests, and knowing that I'm that line between the safety of the guests while they are in the water.
Fun Summer Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: access to the park
Cons: being drained by the sun
This is a very fun place to work over the summer. They have very flexible scheduling, and you get free access to the park. If you're a cove guard, then the pay rate is higher. Overall a pretty neat place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2014
A typical work day for me at Raging Waters consist of me selling ice cream to customers. I learned that in the summer it is very hot and you have to deal with a lot of angry customers. The hardest part of the job was adapting to all the customers attitudes but in the end they all walked away with a smile. The most enjoyable part would have to be making the customers happy and them enjoying my service.
Fun, Hard and easy but also serious working environment
Park Services / Janitor / Maintenance (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: food discount, free visits at the park, learning how to use electrical equipment.
Cons: had to be outside all the time in summer weather.
Very outgoing and is a team work environment. Treated fair and respected by higher authority. Fun place to work at.
The best part of the job was being left without supervision and having the responsibilty that the park was in goods hands. Also, using the power washer was always fun.
The hardest part of the job was working hard under the blazing hot sun but maintained a great working attitude.
Folding clothes looking pretty
Life guard (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJanuary 30, 2014
The whole job position is based on your looks. Pretty you have the job not pretty sorry you dont.