Raging Waters Employee Reviews in United States

Needs Help
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2016
This job was a fun and I loved having responsibilities that I had. I loved pushing to be the best I could be and made sure I would always be prepared for any situation. There were things that could have been improved for example we had an outside break room so when it was really hot we never got time to cool off this also effected our food it would get hot and nasty it would have been a way better experience with a fridge, microwave, and air conditioning. Also we had a first come first serve set up to find out where we would be working, now that sounds fine but when people start coming 3 hours early to work just to get a good spot their is a problem. I feel as if everyone should have an assigned spot and everyone would have an equal amount of time in every position this would not only be more fair but it would force everyone to know ever single position and it's rules causing a more efficient work place.
Pros
Fun
Cons
go without breaks some days, hot, no air conditioning
Its Baiscally a good job for Teens
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 23, 2016
always started at 7-10am. Seasonal job which but worked a lot. Co-workers were super awesome. Hardest part was dealing with the park being pack to the max and having the manager and very few supervisors play favorites and not acknowledge your hard work. it seems scary that someone could drown on you but honestly its very easy to prevent that from happening and being 100% aware of your surroundings. I actually would get paid really good working the full 8hrs 6 days a week.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Friendly employees and management
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 11, 2016
The workers are friendly, but you have no shade as a lifeguard. The hardest part of the job is being able to withstand the sun. The most enjoyable part about the job is that everyone is friendly.
Highly compeitive but great co-workers
Maintenance Worker (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 25, 2015
Expected to go above and beyond.
This position has enhanced my time management skills, competitive skills, and encouraged me to work harder.
The co-workers were always helpful, however, some have more motivates than others.
Pros
We got donuts sometimes
Cons
High critism
Awesome Place to Work!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 8, 2015
If you ever wanna taste of what a resort life guard is like take up a job at Raging Waters. they have young managers so you dont feel like your getting lectured you feel like you're being mentored. Not much dramatic drama between coworkers. Alot of the life guards smoke pot, but not on the job, they were smart and saved that for home, Its not relevant i know just putting it out there other than that it was awesome we always had shade and cool water to hand out to gaurds and guests if need be we had alot of people fainting in the heat and such. Managers would cover shifts for you they understood we had lives outside of the park. It was the best job ive ever worked so far.
Pros
Employee discount and sometimes even free soda from vendors
Cons
Drunk guests but other than that i never seemed to have any problems
a great first job or summer job
Grill Cook,Warehouse,Catering (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 1, 2014
needs more of a stable management team and more loyal employees
Pros
great food
Cons
no benefits, bad customers
Fun and family oriented environment
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 27, 2015
-Looked forward to preparing food and working efficiently.
-Learned how to read recipes and follow directions thoroughly.
-management openly conversed with all of the staff.
-The co-workers believed in the concept of teamwork regularly.
-The hardest part of the job was staying cool in a small, hot environment.
-the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customer and co-workers along with learning tips about food preparation.
Productive and fun workplace
Cabana Server Lead (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2015
This is my second season at Raging Waters. I love working there wish is was open year round. I love being able to meet people from all over the world.

As a Cabana Server, I work as a host and waitress. Naturally welcome the guest, take them to their paid area and make sure that they are happy. This consist of constantly checking on them, taking their food orders, bring it to them and more.

The job is super fun and hours are a guarantee.
Great summer job
Cash Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 26, 2015
I worked six summers in a row in cash control at Raging Waters. It was a great summer job and since we were a small crew, it felt like I was surrounded by family rather than co-workers. I learned how to value everyone's hard work and how to better help everyone that needed an extra hand. The hardest part of the job was when we had to call security on a cashier that was short. I always apologized to the cashier and the security because I was just following the rules. The most enjoyable part of the job was just getting to work and working with an awesome crew.
Pros
Getting in free to play, summer hours, meet new people
Cons
Only open in the summer, hot, had to wear uniforms
Fun summer job
Life gaurd (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2015
Fun place to work seasonally for the summer. Great hours. Nice work atmosphere. Good discount on food. Get to test the rides before the park opens which is always fun.
Raging waters is a good first job
Cabana Server (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Mostly high school kids or recent high school graduates, very hot, long hours. Management in food and bev is pretty decent but higher up is horrible.
Pros
great co workers, free admission on days off
Cons
customers are rude, sometimes no tips.
Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAAugust 2, 2015
It used to be fun when i first started working there, now its all down hill. Doesn't seem like the company no longer cares about their employees but instead would rather put them at risk to make more money.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2015
the management at raging waters wasn't that great, they would let workers be on their phones and just lag off. i learner how to work a cash register. the hardest part of the job was the catering because we were never organized or sometimes we didn't have what we needed because our shipment didn't come in. the most enjoyable part was just being a cashier and getting to meet people from all over.
Stressful and active working environment dealing with multiple problems at once
Retail Lead (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 21, 2013
The job is always keeps me on my feet. I am always walking around dealing with unsatisfied guests and finding ways to satisfy their needs. I lead a group of 30 retail employees and deal with scheduling, lunches, breaks, restocking, and making sure the stores are clean. I find that the best way to manage such a large amount of people is to get to know them. Many of them are young with this being their first job and I find that constructive criticism is the best way to get through to them. They need to know what needs to be done, but negative feedback is not the best way to teach them. From this job I have taken away that hard work can only be accomplished by activism and perseverance.
Pros
lots of hours and great coworkers
Cons
interrupted lunches or breaks
Lifeguard at Raging Waters
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2015
Typical day at Raging Waters included life-guarding in different locations throughout the park, securing the safety of the park-goers. Lifeguarders were tested on their observational skills by being challenged to find a inflatable dummy floating in the pool they were stationed at every week.This was the most challenging part of the job.
Great work environment, flexible schedules when needed, and you knew your skills were used great appreciation
Admissions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtJune 10, 2012
Typical day consists of logging main vault and breaking down cashier bags for register. Assigning employees to work stations, would later start rotations for breaks/lunches. Maintain public relations with customers, managed concerns or suggestions. Ran audits to evaluate employee accuracy and job skill knowledge.

Loved working with all employees, as most were there to have fun, while working productively.

Hardest part of job was being on feet most of the day and learning how to squeeze in lunch.

The most enjoyable parts were knowing the accomplishment of tasks completed, co-workers and being outside in the sun.
Productive and Fun place to work
Parking Attendant/ Food and Beverages (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 5, 2012
A typical day at work is clocking in, go straight to the trams if they are running or pick up trash and park cars. Being on this job i learned to be more outgoing and break out my shell. I learned how to greet guests, park cars, and seat the guests inside the trams. I have an awesome department alongside with our 3 amazing Supervisors. The hardest part of the job will have to be seating guests when the park is closed (they start to get out of control). The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guests and talking on the trams. I had an amazing experience at Raging Waters, and im proud to say it was my first job i have had.
Pros
enteracting with the guests
Cons
heat
laid back and productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2015
It is a nice summer job for someone who is just starting out. Everyone is nice and willing to help if you need it. The hours you work are flexible.
It is a fast paced job, management is a bit unorganized, and superviosr who schedules the days of work needs help
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2012
Typical day at work a lot of co-workers getting the job done, I learn that team work is the key to get the job done. Management is unorganized always cutting labor then we get busy and have to work extra hard because they cut labor. The hardest part of my job is making all the food before the line gets long. Enjoyable part of my job is working.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
summer seasonal position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 1, 2012
Typical day at raging waters involved THE SAFE COUNT as well as checking out the til bags with the correct currency amount. Management was fair enough, I usually worked with only one other co-worker. The hardest part of the job, would have to be the blasting A/C that was not adjustable, the best part of the job was being able to have free admission to the park as well as the state fair.
Pros
free admission to park
Cons
seasonal, part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raging Waters. Our community is ready to answer.