Raging Waters Employee Reviews

A fun-n-the-Sun place to work
Cashier, Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2017
Working in the sun and smelling the water is fun and exciting. I learned how to cook pizza and make a sub, I also learned how to handle money. It was a great workplace experience. Hardest part of the job was not running in the pool every time. The most enjoyable was being able to go there for free on days off.
Pros
Swimming for free
Cons
Working in the sun all day
Cool summer
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 16, 2017
cool summer job, working there was a blast you just look around at people and stare at water all day. Also pressing people to listen is funny at times.
Excellent job for teens
Waitress (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 4, 2017
Forever 21 was an amazing experience for me it taught me so many skills, with that being said those skills were added to my everyday routine, so that is always a plus.
Pros
Team work orientated, fashion forward and you can be yourself
Cons
You will work a lot of OT
Willing to work with your schedule
EMT (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 31, 2017
They are willing to work with your schedule to make sure that you can work when you are available. They should have more people working there but that is not entirely their fault.
fun
Food and Beverages Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 9, 2017
i worked there for 2-3 years every summer that i could during high school. It was a fun way to make money and friends at the same time. It was my first experience in a work place and they taught me how to distinguish if money was real or counter fit.
hot, rude customers, chill job, great perks
H2S Technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 1, 2017
was really awesome, super hot, was tanned after, customers are rude and impatient and some are just plain ugly and fat! but management is chill and i worked in the h2go team.
Overly strict mangement
Sharkey's Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAApril 8, 2017
Overly strict management
Company is too cheap to provide workers with air condition in 100 degree weather
Down to earth co-workers
job provides lots of hours
Fun waterpark
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2017
Working at Raging Waters was an eye opening experience because, it was my first job. It was nothing I expected it to be but, I loved working there as well. It was nice being able to bond with my coworkers and some regular customers as well.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Unorganized
fun workplace. fun staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMarch 14, 2017
i made funnel cakes, was cashier, made smoothies and served frozen yogurt. i learned how to be cashier and how to talk to customers. the management for the most part was good, some were rude. the hardest part about this job is that it was summer and there was no air conditioning.
Can be stresssful
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAFebruary 1, 2017
This job requires a lot from you even though it is still just a minimum wage job. There are tests and training before you even begin and then tests while on the job as well.
Pros
Fun Wrok
Cons
Stress
hard but doable
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2017
when it all comes down to it its about the people and the people you work with if your coworker is not doing their job then im usually the guy to handle the it whether that be helping them out or simply doing the job for them to make sure the customers are being satisfied with our services.
Pros
good timed breaks, community growth, work relations, long hours
Cons
50/50 communication, long hours
fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 15, 2017
really easy going first job, super easy to move up in management , amazing hours for food and beverage, but strict with their rules and dress code. Very friendly staff, customers are hard to work with sometimes
seasonal water park
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 4, 2017
start the day with lot maintenance, trash pick up ,etc. then guide customers into designated stalls, once the main lots full we would start running the trams from the outer lots.
Pros
seasonal
Cons
not enough hours
great experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CADecember 9, 2016
the work was properly taught and great time working. great people and i love to learn. love where i leaned my work skills from ad cant wait to see where it can take me.
Fun place to work for a summer job
Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 9, 2016
Day to day consisted of dealing with customers and selling lockers/tubes. I had to keep up with my till to ensure it was correct. I liked my supervisor a lot, she hired me and was a great person. The rest of management i didn't care for as much, a lot of rude people. Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers who have been out in the sun for hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get in free to use the waterpark.
Pros
Free admission.
Cons
Pay was lousy for the attitudes you had to deal with.
Great outdoors
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 2, 2016
Although standing outside in the sun for 8 hours waiting for someone to drown has its downside, the rewarding part is having the skills and techniques to prevent further damage from people who are having a difficult time followin rules and regulations of the pool or who are in danger of loosing their life.
Raging Waters
Food and Beverage Lead at Carl's Jr (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 29, 2016
Working here I made a decent amount of money during the summer months as being a part of the management team earned me a full time spot. However the hours were long, the work was grimy, and the upper management team was incredibly disorganized.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Poor work conditions
pleasant experience
General guest relations (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2016
Ragging waters and in and out have both been a positive experience. I was blessed to be surrounded by decent coworkers and I gained valuable work experience. From these two jobs I learned that I am good at communicating with costumers. I also learned I am capable of handling more responsibility on the job which is why I am searching for employment else where
Productive but fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95815November 14, 2016
clock in, entrance baggage check, medal detect, patrol work place, clock out. i learned some security skills and team work. Co-workers helpful.
It's a great place to work
Management Lead (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 12, 2016
We came to work everyday with a smile. We worked hard everyday, and learned a lot in that process. I learned how to be better in management. The hardest part was being able to handle the stress of the rush and customers. The best part of it was the people you worked with. You build strong friendships that go on outside the work place and after the season.