Raidundant is a exciting Silicon Valley Data Storage Start-up. Deployed in mission critical environments, Raidundant Storage solutions are the business-enabling backbone to today’s complex IT infrastructures.
Raidundant Sky Technology has been developed without limits and allows clients to expand limitlessly, at their own pace. Sky Technology offers streamlined storage administration with the ability recognize and manage both physical and virtual multi-vendor network storage along with an intuitive interface and anywhere, anytime support. With Sky Technology,Raidundant delivers enterprise class features and benefits made affordable for all.
All Sky Technology series products were designed to be cost-effective solutions to the growing need for smarter more flexible storage while delivering unprecedented performance and features. All solutions within the Sky line of products feature Raidundant's patented hardware design with X-Array and X-Connect technologies and come equipped and ready to run as a head server, NAS, SAN and high speed add-on storage. Sky Technology is the ideal solution for customers looking for the next generation in storage.
We are currently seeking a Pre-Sales Senior Systems Engineer
The Pre Sales Systems Engineer will primarily be responsible for sales activity, supporting all sales efforts in the Media and Entertainment, Financial Services, and SLED markets in the US. This position will be field based and involve travel of approximately 40%. The SE will need to be able to partner strongly with Account Executives in pursuit of business opportunities; providing technical expertise to close sales opportunities. An SE must have considerable knowledge of the M&E and Financial Services space and be able to speak the technical vernacular of that industry. Must have strong communication skills, including: developing and delivering presentations; and connecting with customers via phone, face to face, and in written correspondences including RFP responses.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist in closing new business opportunities by helping Sales – qualify, identify, and close new opportunities.
- Demonstrate a thorough technical and business understanding of clients’ needs, including how those pertain to Raidundant products and services.
- Understand Raidundant’s sales process and how to maximize company resources to close accounts.
- Develop innovative, customized solutions to meet customers’ business needs.
- Participate in customer-focused seminars, tradeshows, events, and trainings.
- Create RFP responses, technical drawings, presentations, and recommendations.
- Conduct research and gain knowledge of all key products and technologies (including competitive market analysis).
- Clearly communicate complex technical topics to the varied knowledge levels of internal account executives and external customers.
- Develop positive and trustworthy relationships with customers throughout the sales process and product implementation in order to build repeat business.
- Manage customer relationship post-sale to ensure the highest caliber customer satisfaction.
- Create and share weekly work summaries.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough and procedural understanding of Raidundant’s Sales Cycles, products, and services and a thorough technical understanding of like industries.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, ensuring all objectives are accomplished.
- Identifying Customer Needs: Seeks to provide an appropriate solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish; spends time in a needs analysis process that identifies key objectives specific to an individual customer; gives the customer’s agenda priority over a standard response; changes the sales approach or solution to accommodate the customer versus force fit the customer to an existing model.
- Provides Reliable Information: Builds credibility in a resource role by remaining factual and timely in providing information; maintains his sources for quick access to time-sensitive information and to stay abreast of new developments; proactively educates customers or shares information as part of the service they deserve.
- Makes One on One Sales Presentations: Communicates essential points in an informal and conversational manner.
- Delivers Added Value to Customers: Stays in touch with market trends, including environmental and competitive forces influencing the market, so that he can be seen as a valuable resource to important constituents internal or external to the organization; constantly seeks information that will be useful but is not readily available to colleagues; enjoys being sought for advice and instruction; spends the time to build a base of knowledge that ultimately helps others to be more effective.
- Maximizes results by anticipating obstacles that could impede progress: Able to sort through bureaucracy, complexity, or politics to focus on required results; is not caught unprepared when obstacles are encountered; meets self-imposed standards of excellence by delivering agreed upon results that are straightforward and customer defined.
Qualifications for this role are:
- Minimum Requirements: Must have industry experience of 7+ years working with distributed and/or clustered file systems. Experience supporting sales efforts is essential to success in this position.
- A BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Sciences; or equivalent is required. This position will be based in Santa Clara, CA and involve travel approximately 40% of the time.
- Technical Expectations: The following are preferred technical requirements: Solaris Open Source, ZFS, Linux OS, Unix OS, Windows OS, Mac OS, SCSI, Lustre, GPFS, CXFS, QFS, ZFS, NAS, SAN, Pearl, Shell Scripting, Solaris, and Visio.
Raidundant has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
- Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
- Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and Raidundant's successes.
- Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance Raidundant's brand.
Raidundant’s Core Values:
- Customers come first: We are passionate about our customers. Our customer’s success is our success.
- Innovation: We invent, design, and deliver cutting –edge quality solutions.
- Workplace: We value a creative, dynamic, motivational workplace. We work as a team and support our colleagues.
- Communication: (Over Communicate) We communicate in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- Ethics: We demonstrate the utmost respect and the highest standard of ethics in everything we do.
Raidundant takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, Raidundant welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining Raidundant!
Indeed - 14 months ago
Raidundant, LLC is the leading provider of high performance data storage and computer technologies, solutions and services that enable...