RAILCREW EXPRESS Employee Reviews

High expectations for less wages in a transport business and no consideration of employees needs.
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 7, 2017
Railcrew Express has a high rate of turnovers in drivers due to hourly wage or hours of service, terms of service and bad at letting unions dictate pay ,who should be working for the better of employees. Many lawsuits against this company.
Pros
Time off, good hours occasionally, yard jobs great
Cons
Low Wages, false business practices, misleading negotiations with unions.
Good Company and fun place to work
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 3, 2017
Great job and good place to work. Just don't get enough hours. Managers are fair and good to work for and job is very pleasant work conditions, You are on call a lot of hours and have to be ready to go when receive a phone call. Overall it is a great place to wok.
Pros
Great fun job
Cons
on call 12 hours a day but only get paid for actual hours worked
ok for a temporary job
Crew Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2017
Job has a lot of long hours and not able to enjoy of life. There are no benefits available . Training for the job is very short and not thorough. Great job to be around trains and their environment.
Driving a van and transporting rail road workers.
Railcrew Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 21, 2017
A typical day is driving a van and making many stops carrying rail crews from points along the railroad lines. The hardest part of this job was getting 6 hours of sleep and being required to drive again for another 15 hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the country side.
Pros
No immediate bosses in your area of work.
Cons
Lack of sleep and long driving periods.
Fun place to work
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company, the railroad crew were fun and easy going. This job kept me busy and had fun, was able to have someone to rely on me and glad that I was there.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No healthcare
Most horrible job in the world
Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 11, 2016
This company will force you to drive a van full of railroad employees on 5-6 hour trip, even after you tell them that you are not rested, and it is unsafe. They care nothing about safety. It is also illegal with the things they get away with regarding compensation. They pay a horrible, welfare-state mileage rate. You don't get any delay pay, if you are held up by a highway being shut down, due to an accident. This was one of the worst jobs that I've ever had. Don't work for these people - they are crooks.
Cons
Get to work with a lot of different personalities
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2016
I have been working for Railcrewxpress for a year and a half, at first I fought system a little bit, but I started going along with system and I started to get more hours. I enjoy the traveling the different personalities. Every job has its pros and cons it is up to the driver what the pros and cons are. If you answer your phone when dispatch calls you will get all the hours you want. To get along you have to go along.
Pros
Sky is limit
Cons
Dispatch
I really enjoyed the travel and people I met. the Job was fun and easy.
Limo Driver (Former Employee) –  Hearne TxJuly 14, 2015
The people I worked with were friendly and helpful. I learned many things about the rail system and how it works. I enjoyed the job and experiences as well as the traveling.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
not enought hours
Bad Pay, Little Hours, No Set Schedule
Long Haul/ Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldJune 4, 2015
Driving in the Yard wasn't bad, I had a solid 40hrs/week. Being a long haul driver was irritating, never knowing when your getting called, short runs, angry dispatchers, lack of hours.
Pros
Driving a company van.
Cons
Other drivers not cleaning vans.
sporatic hours, low pay, NO communication
Limo Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 12, 2015
On call 24/7, transporting railroad crews to and from various locations. Never know when or IF you will get a call. Was told to expect 50-60 hours per week but one week may get 40, next lucky to get 15. There is limited communication from mgmt to drivers UNLESS they think you have done something wrong.
Pros
crews are generally friendly, most coworkers are friendly
Cons
pay, lack of pay increase, hours, no family life.
would never recommend this job to anyone
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 24, 2013
worst job ive ever had, drivin the overpaid railcrews around listening to them cry about I only made 103thousand last year while we were getting robbed at 26cents a mile.Never eas told about class action lawsuit against them until it was to late.
Pros
Cons
boss was a complete moron uneducated soul less person
Driving is always fun. Meeting nee people.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2013
Getting to travel, getting to meet new people, being able to go to places you have never been to before. The company pays you to do that, and pays your food and hotel bill.
Pros
too many to name
Cons
driving late and night, or all day.
I like this job but is isnt worth the sacrifice you make for the pay.
Van Driver/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 17, 2012
I was unemployed for several months. Railcrew Xpress was the first position offered to me. It doesn't pay well and you have NO form of a personal life. You are on call 24/7 and must be available 24/7 and the compensation is really NOT worth the sacrifice you make.
Pros
working with others
Cons
no personal life of your own