RAILCREW EXPRESS Employee Reviews

Most horrible job in the world
Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 11, 2016
This company will force you to drive a van full of railroad employees on 5-6 hour trip, even after you tell them that you are not rested, and it is unsafe. They care nothing about safety. It is also illegal with the things they get away with regarding compensation. They pay a horrible, welfare-state mileage rate. You don't get any delay pay, if you are held up by a highway being shut down, due to an accident. This was one of the worst jobs that I've ever had. Don't work for these people - they are crooks.
Cons
Get to work with a lot of different personalities
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2016
I have been working for Railcrewxpress for a year and a half, at first I fought system a little bit, but I started going along with system and I started to get more hours. I enjoy the traveling the different personalities. Every job has its pros and cons it is up to the driver what the pros and cons are. If you answer your phone when dispatch calls you will get all the hours you want. To get along you have to go along.
Pros
Sky is limit
Cons
Dispatch
I really enjoyed the travel and people I met. the Job was fun and easy.
Limo Driver (Former Employee) –  Hearne TxJuly 14, 2015
The people I worked with were friendly and helpful. I learned many things about the rail system and how it works. I enjoyed the job and experiences as well as the traveling.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
not enought hours
Bad Pay, Little Hours, No Set Schedule
Long Haul/ Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldJune 4, 2015
Driving in the Yard wasn't bad, I had a solid 40hrs/week. Being a long haul driver was irritating, never knowing when your getting called, short runs, angry dispatchers, lack of hours.
Pros
Driving a company van.
Cons
Other drivers not cleaning vans.
sporatic hours, low pay, NO communication
Limo Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 12, 2015
On call 24/7, transporting railroad crews to and from various locations. Never know when or IF you will get a call. Was told to expect 50-60 hours per week but one week may get 40, next lucky to get 15. There is limited communication from mgmt to drivers UNLESS they think you have done something wrong.
Pros
crews are generally friendly, most coworkers are friendly
Cons
pay, lack of pay increase, hours, no family life.
would never recommend this job to anyone
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 24, 2013
worst job ive ever had, drivin the overpaid railcrews around listening to them cry about I only made 103thousand last year while we were getting robbed at 26cents a mile.Never eas told about class action lawsuit against them until it was to late.
Cons
boss was a complete moron uneducated soul less person
Driving is always fun. Meeting nee people.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2013
Getting to travel, getting to meet new people, being able to go to places you have never been to before. The company pays you to do that, and pays your food and hotel bill.
Pros
too many to name
Cons
driving late and night, or all day.

2.6