Railex Employee Reviews in United States

okay
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJuly 20, 2016
its an okay job something that is a stepping stone for people to start a full time employment. needs better structure
Very productive and very professional work place.
Hr clerk (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAApril 28, 2016
My most enjoyable part of my job was working on my computer. My co-workers were all very pleasant and professional for the most part.
great place with good people working as a team
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2016
dispatching for railex was good, interacting with the drivers making sure their product was great for their shipment. co- workers was good for working as a team. the only con was the manager wasn't consistent with scheduling.
I was receiving railex worker.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMarch 8, 2016
I was receiver railex worker, unload the merchandise and puted on location and counting the boxes,bags, dependent the product,after those
Maked break downs.
My Opinion
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
My opinion about those items listed, are good opinions,. A typical day at work is very live. Always something going on. Working with coworkers and management, everyone gets along. I just enjoy being in a place where I can expand.
professional Work Environment
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Wallula, WAFebruary 4, 2016
Awesome Work Environment where your day Goes by so fast from the reason that they have you Moving Every Single Second. I Learned That Railex Could Be Professional But At the same Time it Can become the oposite When You See them Treating and Talking Bad about they're Contractors Every Single Day. The Hardest Part of the job is Nothing, it Can go Bad When The Supervisors are having a bad Day Just Because of they're Personal Life. The Most Enjoyable Part is When You Do Your Best and You accomplished what had to be done at the end of the day.
Very Productive, Great scheduling, Good people to work with
Fork life operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2016
My overall review of the job is Great! I loved the positivity that the employees gave off. They were always encouraging me to do better! Scheduling was also perfect!
ver productive workplace
Recieving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYDecember 24, 2015
I enjoy working at Railex i have learned a lot about the Rail warehouse and i find it very interesting, my co-worker are great and the hardest part of the jib is not having work to do, and the most enjoyable part of the job are my Co-Workers because they are all great.
Pros
My Supervisors are great!!!
Cons
Not busy enough for being there 12 hours a day
Great place but too much favortism and attiude
Forklift, management (Former Employee) –  delano caSeptember 25, 2015
great place to work at except that about 90% of the management team are friends that mess around at work and use nothing but fowl language and treat there employees horrible . when I was warehouse lead I was the only one to do things the right way and treat employees with respect.
Pros
good hours, good pay
Cons
needs a complete take over of new management and gm
Nice coworkers, unreliable schedule
Shipping Dock Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, New YorkAugust 20, 2015
Good People, cutting hrs due to low volume. Unreliable schedule. Benefits are decent. Not much upward mobility. Need more resources.
good environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAAugust 6, 2015
excellent work environment,management,fellow coworkers.pay could be better,but overall good.maybe advancement.looking forward to work daily.
Busy,fast paced work enviroment. Bringing product in and quickly shipping it out to cusyomers
Jack Operator/Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJuly 22, 2015
Start by finding proper equipment to complete any tasks. Report to my shipping wing and log into computer.View the shipping schedule for the night . Deligate the loads to my crew and myself to ensure they are loaded in a timely manor, also ensure quality. maintane clean shipping wing and coolers where products are stored through out the night to ensure a safe work enviroment.
Pros
job openings, opprotunity to move up, or to different department
Cons
downtime, to many layers of management
Family atmosphere from co-workers and and all supervisors
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAApril 4, 2015
Great place to work. The night goes by fast always busy. Everyone helps each other as much as possible. Supervisors always work operating the fork lifts and pallet jacks to load product into rail cars. Hardest part of the job is to maintain the Scanner Gun online, always freezes.
Over all, this is a great place to work in.

Thank you Railex for having me as a team member.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Scanner gun always freezes
okay to be there
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, WAMarch 25, 2015
The duties where stocking and loading trailers to meet the
I don't have anything else to had to this position. It was clear cut as to the every day job duties
Pros
free food
Cons
no balance when doing overtime. to much favortism
Interesting
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  jacksonville,flMarch 18, 2015
It is not a bad company, I enjoy getting more skills and training. I need more work hours. I enjoy learning the process the products go through from rails to warehouse to trucks.
Pros
experience
Cons
organization, schedule
The people are nice management is lacking
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2015
This place is of who you know atmosphere. Very hard place to work as a woman. I am prior military and never was disrespected and belittled as much as I was here. IT is a hard field for women in general, but they make it worse. IT leadership needs to be revamped big time. .
Pros
the local people are very nice
Cons
leadership is lacking
okay pace of work
Hand stacker (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJanuary 23, 2015
My job was to hand stack boxes of fruit on to a train to ship off to the buyer
Pros
it was work
Cons
not enough work
pallet jack driver
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJanuary 13, 2015
drove pallet jack to load train and brought out product to forklift could load on to the train
Great place to work but hours not as solid
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Railex is an great company for growth and expansion but the hours our not as solid as I would like. The management there isnt quite well, Nobody really know nothing. Like we work on the schedule of the train if its not there then we dont work.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
It's Time for Railex to Go Union! !
Warehouse men (Former Employee) –  Burbank, WAOctober 14, 2014
This company has grown so fast since it open in 2006, with locations spread throughout the United States. With the turn around of employees, one must be very careful about job security down the road. Employees are exploited, over worked, lied too upon yearly reviews. The amount of work related injuries is due to the fast continuously pressure of loading rail cars in a small amount of time. Railex management is fill with favoritism within the company. Railex has initially forgot who is the main backbone of this company and that being said, There will Come a Time when Employees have had enough and will Delare Unionship with all Railex Employees! !
Pros
working with like mind people
Cons
stress from management to get rail cars loaded within 8hrs, diesl fumes fill the back dock with unsafe breating conditions.