Railex

Railex United States Employee Reviews

okay to be there
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Burbank, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no balance when doing overtime. to much favortism
The duties where stocking and loading trailers to meet the
I don't have anything else to had to this position. It was clear cut as to the every day job duties
Interesting
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), jacksonville,flMarch 18, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: organization, schedule
It is not a bad company, I enjoy getting more skills and training. I need more work hours. I enjoy learning the process the products go through from rails to warehouse to trucks.
The people are nice management is lacking
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the local people are very nice
Cons: leadership is lacking
This place is of who you know atmosphere. Very hard place to work as a woman. I am prior military and never was disrespected and belittled as much as I was here. IT is a hard field for women in general, but they make it worse. IT leadership needs to be revamped big time. .
okay pace of work
Hand stacker (Former Employee), Delano, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: it was work
Cons: not enough work
My job was to hand stack boxes of fruit on to a train to ship off to the buyer
pallet jack driver
warehouse (Former Employee), Delano, CAJanuary 13, 2015
drove pallet jack to load train and brought out product to forklift could load on to the train
Great place to work but hours not as solid
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
Railex is an great company for growth and expansion but the hours our not as solid as I would like. The management there isnt quite well, Nobody really know nothing. Like we work on the schedule of the train if its not there then we dont work.
It's Time for Railex to Go Union! !
Warehouse men (Former Employee), Burbank, WAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: working with like mind people
Cons: stress from management to get rail cars loaded within 8hrs, diesl fumes fill the back dock with unsafe breating conditions.
This company has grown so fast since it open in 2006, with locations spread throughout the United States. With the turn around of employees, one must be very careful about job security down the road. Employees are exploited, over worked, lied too upon yearly reviews. The amount of work related injuries is due to the fast continuously pressure of loading rail cars in a small amount of time. Railex management is fill with favoritism within the company. Railex has initially forgot who is the main backbone of this company and that being said, There will Come a Time when Employees have had enough and will Delare Unionship with all Railex Employees! !
very large company re-inventing itself
warehouseman and planner training (Former Employee), Delano, CASeptember 15, 2014
Unfortunately I started when the company was in the middle of its growth. The hours were not what was on my hiring package and got to be way too much. They unfortunately don't actually care about their rules and regulations which is mostly due to all new management and having to hire over 200 people at that time. That meant quality and safety on the job was jeopardized as well as a serious drop in integrity. Freight cars were never cleaned and had molded food as well as mold itself on the walls and floors of the freight cars.

The most fun thing about the job was riding equipment and loading freight cars. The worst thing was the lack of crew and space as well as the increasing problem with drugs making the site even more unsafe.

Over all, I would not recommend this job to anyone who doesn't want to tarnish the good name of a company nor be part of a company that if exposed, would tarnish that individuals own name.
awesome company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Rotterdam, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: positive people and great pay
load and unload trucks and trains pick orders for shipments was employee of month 4 times
Good company
Sales representative (Current Employee), schenectady nyMarch 5, 2014
overall a ok company with a great outlook going forward. To start a typical day i would review emails from that morning and follow up with team members to find out if there is anything they need help with as well as going over any tasks we had for that day. After that is completed i would follow up with current customers as well as any new customer with current rates and seek new opportunities. after completing that i would review billing for that day as well as follow up with team members again to see if any help is needed with there day to day responsibilities.
driving a pallet jack
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Burbank, WAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: shorts breaks and not the right amont of bathrooms
its cool to work there for about 3 months than you start seeing the bs every day and your like why do I work here its good money and smiple work but the leads really push there time stress on you and yell over nothing seen lots of good workers get fired for trying to bring down a lead
job security long hours
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Delano, CAMay 24, 2013
Pros: good workers long hours
Cons: always looking for a way to get someone into trouble
start the day in a meeting get equipment assigned to you load trucks and do paperwork make sure everything is there, plenty of workers to cover shifts go home at reasonable time
The Real Railex
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Wallula, WAMarch 28, 2013
Pros: really cheap sodas, comprehensive training and compassionate instructors, nice starting pay.
Cons: slaughter house animal residue blows in round 7pm, long average 12 hour days, high consistent injury rate ( average 11 per month)
Be prepared to bring an extra pair of nostrils, because the first pair is gonna burn off. A typical day at work is really fun, typically 7 hours into the work on Monday and the Thursday up to the weekend, people tend to hurt themselves. The hardest part of the job is people worrying so much about impressing the bosses that they hurt themselves, endanger other, slowing up the work, and unfortunately end up getting fired anyway. The most enjoyable part of the the was the training. You sit through 4 days of class on warehouse etiquette and operation of machinery. You pass or you don't get the job. I learned it becomes corporate. You must do exercise here, non-negotiable or you WILL become stiff and injure yourself. You are overworked so exercise and healthy eating are going to be the only things that keep you going. If you feel you are working to hard to fit in, start looking for another job. They will fire you if it is not working out them. The main thing at this warehouse is people are constantly trying to impress with speed and the rewards demand speed, hence the rack up of injured workers, fired employees and damaged equipment. Its a cycle of everyone pretending they know what higher ups demand, and not having a clue. If you want to be successful hear. Read all the articles. Avoid people who work dangerously and show up late. Always finish your car and begin helping others. Never make excuses not to help.
It was a great work place.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Delano, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good industry
Cons: lifting alot of weight.
A day at work was hard working and fun i didnt have no problem with it.
constant heavy lifting
Hand Stacker (Former Employee), Delano, CADecember 21, 2012
constantly lifting 40 - 50lbs boxes stacking them in an orderly fashion within the train cart as the forklifts bring product from cold storage
TOO MANY HE SAID SHE SAID .
WAREHOUSE TEAM 2 (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 11, 2012
Pros: fun working with other employee's
Cons: manager's played favortism
I WORKED ALOT OF HOUR'S .
I GOT ALONG WITH ALL MY FELLOW EMPLOYEES.
I LEARNED THAT TOO FIT IN WITH MANAGEMENT YOU MUST SUCK UP ALOT.
IT WAS A HARD DEMANDING JOB BUT I LIKED THAT.
like the overnight work
Zamboni/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Rotterdam, NYJune 5, 2012
great people, good hours, lots of experience, like working with the trains when they unloaded. As a team we all got the job done in the alotted time. It was nice to know it was all worth it in the end. Food went all over the country.

Railex Salaries