Railroad Commission of Texas

Railroad Commission of Texas Employer Reviews

Railroad Commission of Texas
Engineering Specialist I (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great work environment and longevity
Cons: state job with state pay
I love the job, but when the oil industry is not thriving, neither are we. With the falling prices of oil, drilling has slowed, and so has the work. Our compensation is tied to special legislative sessions, so we are never sure if there will be an increase or not. There is some red tape. Raises and merit pay is almost non-existent. The environment is great. I love my bosses, just wish there was better compensation.
deadline-driven, offering a superior work ethic, great attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-managemen
Engineer Technician III (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: when available, merit raises were a bonus
Cons: extremely competetive
It was a wonderful place to work closely with engineers and other administrative technicians. We worked hard to meet deadlines each month. We were a team who worked together to accomplish our goals and solve problems. The challenges we faced each day by facing demands of the Oil and Gas industry were not easy. But we prided ourselves in trying to satisfy the expectations of each customer. We worked hard and celebrated our accomplishments together as a team. I learned as a team leader, that the secret in leading is acknowledging and standing up for the teams needs, and supplying enough support to meet their needs.
long hours, low pay
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: security
Cons: management - austin
long hours and low pay. Dealing with Austin politics and people with little to no field experience.

About Railroad Commission of Texas

The Railroad Commission of Texas is the state agency with primary regulatory jurisdiction over the oil and natural gas industries, – Read more