Railroad Construction Company looking for great leaders to join our team. We are currently looking to add an Area Manager to our family. We offer an amazing benefit package and highly competitive wages. If you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities for this position, please apply to this advertisement with your resume for consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain written documentation pertaining to the job.
- Ability to meet objectives through managing others.
- Perform maintenance and repair on related equipment used in Maintenance of Way, as necessary.
- Follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures pertaining to the job and employees under management.
- Instruct and direct others, determine priorities and assign workforce accordingly.
- Inspect and bid track construction and rehabilitation projects
- Must have a strong background with railroad construction and track experience
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- Must be willing to relocate to the Brownsville, TX area
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ten (10) years of railroad maintenance of way experience.
- Track record of successful project management.
- Basic Internet and computer skills.
- Successful management of tie and rail gangs.
- Must possess experience and knowledge of track construction and rehabilitation
- Able to work with others and or alone with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate the desire to effectively supervise and motivate a crew of five (5) to thirty (30) employees.
- Follow instructions and communicate information pertaining to the job.
- Have a history of quality and safety relating to MOW.
- Ability to perform the following job functions:
- The ability to perform heavy lifting, bending, climbing.
- Must be able to walk up to 10 miles a day on uneven surfaces and loose gravel.
- Repair and/or assist others in breakdown of equipment.
- Read and apply processes and procedures according to operating and maintenance manuals.
- Have a valid driver’s license Class D or above and the ability to obtain a CDL, if required.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills which respect the value of each employee.
- Ability to work in changing outdoor/indoor environments.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Meet job objectives within budget, and with respect to safety, quality, and production goals.
- Strive for a zero accident record through management of safety training and practices.
- Maintain employee respect and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Fast paced environment.
- Extensive; away from home five (5) to seven (7) days a week on some projects and up to a month at a time for projects in the Production Division.
- Outdoor work required, regardless of weather conditions.
- More than a forty (40) hour work week, subject to overtime and weekend work. Includes weekends and holidays. This is a full time position although workload may be seasonal, based on weather or business conditions.
- Willing to serve others in a team environment
- Creative and innovative
- Personable, able to easily gain the trust of customers and employees
- Confident and decisive
- Driven to succeed