Rain Bird Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work, just no job security.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALJanuary 11, 2018
Love working there. Everyone works together & gets along. Only downside is that work is temporary. Slim to no chance of getting hired on permanent. As soon as 11 months is up, you're let go and they train someone new for 11 months.
Pros
No micro managing, everyone works together
Cons
No chance of permanent employment.
Rainbird Is a good company that makes the best products in the industry.
Contractor account manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Overall Rainbird is a good company. It is a privately owned company so directives can be changed quite abruptly but overall your job duties and expectations are straightforward. Rainbird hires really good people and is a fun company to work for.
Pros
Freedom to work within your assigned territory
Cons
Questionable decisions were made by upper management
management dishonest
DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR / OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALDecember 31, 2017
Management was not honest , corporate not honest. Culture of watching your back. Temp agency assigned very dishonest. Work was straight forward. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
management, corporate
Machine work
Machine Technician & Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CADecember 26, 2017
busy and not somewhere you mess around. get in do work go home. Nice people very hard working. Flexibility is a must. learning is at your own pace but the harder you work the more it pays off.
Pros
straight forward stready job
Cons
can be stressful at times and the pay isn't great at first
Too many temporary employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALNovember 21, 2017
Company relied on a lot of temporary employees for production operations. Pay rate for temporary employees too low for company expectations. Interviewed and hired over 40 temporary employees to find 10 good applicants.
Pros
Cons
Too many temps
Fun place to work
Lead Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALNovember 6, 2017
Processed orders for warehouse workers . Trained new employees the Admin positions. Prepared daily paperwork and shipping labels for the warehouse associates. Created and maintained a Standard Operations Procedure manual for new hires.
Pros
Fun management and a great place to work.
different stuff
Independent contractor/Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2017
every week was a new project so it never got bored, had interesting projects and the people I worked with was fun. time went fast with the analytical projects of the products
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
worked in warehouse sometimes
Depends on your boss
Project Engineer / Engineering Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 26, 2017
I've had both positive and negative experiences at Rain Bird. Individual experiences will depend on their immediate boss for the most part. The engineering work is challenging and meaningful, but too much politics can sour an otherwise good working environment.
Easy going workplace
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALOctober 9, 2017
At Rainbird the amount of work was not over bearing at all. At times the level of work was small amounting in a a lot of time where there was no work period.
Great job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Steele, ALSeptember 26, 2017
Great job but no chance of permanent work. Very big opportunities for over time during peak season. Got to try different positions. Lift certifications.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
No chance of permancy
Do NOT work here!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2017
Unless you absolutely have to take a job do not work here. I gave one star only because I had to. Otherwise, it would have been zero. By far the worst place I have ever worked and worst boss I have ever had. They pay well but everything else about the place is terrible. Management is from the dark ages and could care less about their people. The few good ones figure this out quickly and move on. It is a revolving door.
Productive and fun
Packer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 10, 2017
Good company ,but hard to get on as a permanent worker when you start as a temp worker thru a temp agency , I unloaded and loaded freight trailers ,when a order comes in i would load up a pallet with what was on the order sheet then shrink wrap the pallet then check it off and take the sheet to the checker then that pallet would get put on the trailer for shipment ,then start all over again and just keep doing that until my shift was over, or I would pack boxes for the shipping and receiving part of rain bird, I learned the shirnkt wrap machine, I know how to use a pallet jack, an r.f. gun. And that is pretty much it
great place to work and great people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALMay 30, 2017
great company to work for with great people. you can move up fast and they are willing to train you on anything you ask to learn. great pay and a lot of over time.
Pros
great pay
Cons
na
Excellent part time company
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
Great for part time work, but they are not willing to hire anyone on full time. You get an 11 month contract and if you are good at your job they encourage you to apply again in 13 months. That being said, they are conscientious of previous engagements for time off and are willing to work with you for upcoming requirements. Overall I had a feeling of family with my managers and coworkers regardless of the time they or I were there.
Enjoyable
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMay 29, 2017
I was under contract for only 11 months I started with the molding department and moved over to machine operator overall fun place to work at wish I would stayed longer.
Very strong and steady job until the great recession hit.
Production/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMay 6, 2017
A very good company to work for. Strong and supportive
management team. Company has great benefits, perks and awards to honor those who worked safe and productive.
Fun workplace!
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 5, 2017
I took a temporary position at Rainbird.

As one of the largest irrigation distributor in the country I learned much about the irrigation industry.

The workplace culture was wonderful - great group of people.
Pros
great group of people! very close to home
Cons
plant was relocating to Arizona
Outside sales/business development
Contractor Account Manager (Current Employee) –  USAApril 11, 2017
Outside sales and business development position allows for a fair bit of autonomy in remote office. Relationship based sales in highly competitive market.
1950's business mentality
National Accounts Manager - Golf Division (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2017
A culture of mediocrity. The company is siloed into several different business units and not cohesive. Very little if any money is spent on marketing and limited sales staff and independent distribution model make it very hard to compete with competition.
Ok place
Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Manger discrimination on certain people and they took a long time to give me my raise. The rest of the place was good workers got a long we all help each other when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rain Bird Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Rain Bird Corporation Reviews by Location