Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

Great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Worked for Rain for Rent for almost 12 yrs.

It was a great company. As a single parent I started part-time which after my son got older turned to full-time.

Loved the Lakes (owners) who were much more hands on on a daily basis than today. Family owned business which I feel was there for me as I raised my son, even offering college scholarships to employee's kids to help get him through college.

I don't think they used me to my full capacity but it was a great place to work none the less.

It's been almost 5 yrs since I have worked there and I know many things have changed. This review is based on my there from 2001-2012.
a decent place to make a paycheck
Installer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of anywhere from 8 to 17 hour days of usually hard labor work on an oil field site.
I learned a lot about installation of products, and operating machinery.
A lot of the coworkers were really good people and a lot of them weren't and treated you as if you were a toddler.
Management was not too well at this job, everything was always a cluster and it seemed like they tried to throw everything together on a last minute notice. sometimes we would know a few hours before a shift that we would be working almost an entire month with little to no days off.
The hardest part of the job was the labor, on hot days we would be in full fire retardant clothing
the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you contributed to the country by helping produce more natural gas.
Pros
good coworkers, company vechicle
Cons
health care, hours, some coworkers, treatment of employees
Amazing place to work
Field Mechanic & Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rifle, CODecember 22, 2016
amazing place to learn grow and work. Great place to start off in the oilfield. learned allot about the oilfield and inventory accountability. wouldn't change working here if I could.
productive and fun
Installer - Serviced (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 15, 2016
Great job Great Staff And honorable work with good pay. everyone is big on safety and everyone is your mentor to learn the job thats at hand, weekly safety meetings and donuts.
Pros
great safe environment
Cons
temp position
good and bad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 14, 2016
The company is good but too many nit picking little thing to get you in trouble.Always worried if you're in trouble for the littlest of things
Great company to work for, tons of O.T
Installer (Former Employee) –  Cortez, CONovember 21, 2016
Overall had a great experience working for RFR I would do it again, ton of overtime in the oil and gas industry, quarterly and safety bonus
Cons
Away from home a lot
Good company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYNovember 17, 2016
Lots of different job settings from city to municipal work, oilfield to Refinery, farming and Ranching, Good company, good benefits overall ok if you like to work.
Pros
alot of overtime in the oilfield
Cons
alot of overtime
A very highly negative enviroment, lots of clicks and packs of people.
Sales Associate over specialty products (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2016
Would not regiment working there. I did however find the appreciation from the customers that served and that in its self was a big reward and incentive to do better. The company lacked training, teamwork, communication.
fun place
Water Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 10, 2016
If I had not left when I did I would have been laid off a Few months latter like all my co-workers but for a hand full of management. It was a lot of long hours and you got tired at times, but overall it was a good experience. I would do it again
Former Employee
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 8, 2016
Poor management! They don't see people, they see numbers. Poor decisions are blamed on everyone but the management. The brothers are panicking because they didn't prepare an effective exit strategy, They don't want to be back involved but they also won't listen to anyone else's ideas...Just avoid it, save yourself the headache.
Benefits
Cons
Communication, pretty much everything else
long hours unexpected shifts
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gibson, PAOctober 5, 2016
long hours ,call in at the last minute, no family time, very stressful job without time in between shifts. never have the same schedule, always changing shifts and locations.
Good job security
rain for rent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COSeptember 17, 2016
Management cared about their employees and made sure that they provided access to a good work life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the friendly coworkers on a day to day basis.
fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  virginiaSeptember 2, 2016
this is the most comfortable job I have ever had. very family oriented and spiritual. room for advancement and training. great bonus incentives.
Very good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 1, 2016
Always does the best for their clients, and make sure to send people to the right company if they don't sell what the client is looking for. I see nothing but growth and profit for this company
Pros
Friendly people, good work environment
great company but to them your just a number
Team Lead / Pump & Filtration (Former Employee) –  Marbleton, WYAugust 27, 2016
good company but i always got the sense I was just a number to them. They never planned ahead to ride through the slow times so they were constantly in a state of hiring like crazy then laying people off. aside from this lack of planning I felt they were a good company.
Pros
good pay rate, good schedule
Cons
just a cog in the machine
Work enviroment was good, management needs help
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2016
Co workers and enviroment was good, but management dont like to listen to any ideas from employees and there are alot of managers that shouldnt be at their position or dont stick up for the employees. I stuck up for my coworkers and was their voice, guess that didnt help.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
here today, gone the next is there moto
see below
Lead Warehouseman / Lead Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 1, 2016
Worked with good people, however management and staff changed often, challenging. The pay and raises were good. Multi-tasking.
Pros
Brought in free lunches, nice vacation time, benefits, raises.
Cons
Management turnover
Fun and something new every day
Installer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 15, 2016
Great place to work got to meet a lot of new people. Pay is fair and great insurance. Job has some challenge time to time but that's what makes it interesting
Great experience good group of workers unfortunately no room to grow and pay rate not enough
Molder (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2016
Put on personal protective equipment, head towards work station, start off by inspecting mold make sure work area is safe to start painting mold, clean furnace at 1300 degrees, after start producing parts. Management has great focus on keeping workers safe easy to deal with able to talk to them about any problems or concerns we may have. Good group of workers devoted to making quality parts, willing to give a helping hand. Toughest part of job is withstanding hot temperatures as we work around furnace which holds liquid metal at 1300 degrees. Most enjoyable part of working here is working around a hard working group able to ask for help if needed.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
hot temperatures
Good environment and place to grow
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 23, 2016
Overall good steady co with above average benefits and good management team that is goal oriented and fun to work with. The most challenging part for any op's managers job is balancing work load and stewarding those that need it.
BENEFITS
Cons
COMMUNICATION

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rain for Rent. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7