Rain for Rent Employee Reviews

Ivory tower management style
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Constant changes in direction created blurred business model, too many distributors to be able to effectively service and support.
Pros
Great products.
Cons
Lack of focus on the customer by senior leadership.
Former employee
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2016
I liked The Lakes and what they stood for however, the management was lacking considerably. My manager in particular was educated in department responsibilities but could not manage at all. He played favorites and let outside opinions interfere with department structure and morale. He did not listen to his employees and any good ideas suggested, he claimed as his own to upper management. HR knew about this via multiple complaints about him but never did anything. Upper management didn't care either. They have a history of letting longer term, high paid employees go to cut overhead. In which they turn around and hire for same position within months, for a lower salary. Shady practices!
Pros
401K match
Cons
They milk you for your time without compensation is you are a salary employee
good place to work nice people to work with
Installer/ Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Gibson, PAJanuary 8, 2016
I started off as a installer installing water pipe, pumps and spill containment also installed heating systems for natural gas pads I switched my job to service associate where I was in charge of the yard and all parts going in and out. my duties also included shiping and receving and inventory.
Installer
Installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, CODecember 14, 2015
I daily drove from job site to job site, I was certified to drive company truck with a crew.I installed industrial projects in which we filtered water to a waste water system. I was certified to drive a forklift and all terrain vehicle on job sites. I loaded equipment and safely strapped it down. I was OSHA certified and CPR certified.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
great benefits
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 17, 2015
There were great benefits. There was a good working atmosphere. The trainers were informative. The support staff was helpful as well.
It was temp
Sales (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 15, 2015
I was not hired through corporate because of my age at the time. The people were nice and I made good friends and learned a lot about irrigation.
Pros
comadery
Cons
I was not old enough
Don't do it!!!
Roll off driver, winch truck operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
If you want to deliver dirty, rusted, leaking frac tanks, which is extremely dangerous by the way, to customers in locations that were never meant to have a semi there, this is the job for you. Never sent a spotter with me. I was basically doing the job of 3 drivers because they kept saying they were gonna hire more, never happened. If you run into trouble on a delivery, and you will, they tell you to "go find help". I had a tank slip off one time and they literally told me to walk around and find somebody with a earth mover to help me. It's ridiculous. They have had 4 drivers in 18 months in Indianapolis and they have all quit. Don't do it. Listen to me. The paperwork to move one tank is like a mortgage deal. It's crazy!! The last day I was there I ran to Lousville for a pickup. It was stuck in the mud and it took me 3-4 hours to get it out. When I finally got back to Indy they told me to head back to Louisville for another pick up. That was it. I told them I was done. This place is horrible!!!!!!
Cons
Some good people who actually do care and help while others pass the buck.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Paul, IDOctober 27, 2015
Too much favoritism and no commrodery. Lazy people get to do very little and pass the buck. When you ask for help no one will help you. It's more like a clic or gang like mentality. If you stand up then they won't talk to you or shun you. Like working with kids. Said something to management but got worse!
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much favoritism. No commrodery!
very productive and team working enviroment
INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ColoradoOctober 22, 2015
the working environment was very enjoyable. I was actually looking forward to go to work everyday. We worked as a team and we had a team leader who gave us the daily schedule. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I enjoyed working in the faced paced environment because time went a lot faster. The hardest part of my job was when there wasn't any work and i was bored.
Pros
health benefits, Pay, more attention on safety, working as a team
Cons
poor management
Admin Electronic Billing/Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2015
Nice place to work, friendly co-workers. Made a lot of new friends that are my Rain for Rent Family whether working with them at Corporate or at the Branches located worldwide. We are relocating to Idaho for a fresh start & a simple way of life. We have 3 Branches in Idaho which I have inquired a transfer to our Nampa location, but nothing is available at this time. It's an Oil & Gas company and irrigation/AG as well. Great benefits!
Pros
Nice building, remodeled, safe location
Cons
CEO retired now it's more of a Corporate feel, not Family oriented anymore
Excellent Job
Class A Pump Mechanic (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Working with Rain for Rent was a great experience. The co-workers worked as a team and believed in helping out each other. There was overtime when it called for and work and life balance was great. The supervisors were knowledgeable and believed in training employees to perform their job duties.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Can't say anything bad.
Well rounded employees, good company.
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conway,ArSeptember 2, 2015
The job was challenging at times, but I enjoyed the work schedule. I really enjoyed the meeting every month. Rain for Rent would have Safety Meetings every month in order to fine ways for improvement.
Pros
had hour lunch, provided free lunch every other week.
Cons
uncomfortable enviroment on hot/cold days, but could take as many breaks as you needed.
Very productive group of people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2015
This company is big on training.l They spend money making sure their employees are well trained and informed.

The group I work with are like family. We are all after each other's welfare. We have fun at work but making sure we get our work done.

Computers are a bit old. We need new computers.
Poor work environment
Installer (Former Employee) –  Elm Grove, WVAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work was coming to work not knowing what you was going to do for the day, and then told you was leaving town for 2 weeks and you had to hurry home to get the cloths that you needed it and the get back. after that I asked for my wedding off and they didn't give it to me they let me go for it. without offering my job back.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Very poor management
O & G
Senior Lead/ Safety Committee Chairman (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, Wyoming U.S.A.July 14, 2015
Rain for Rent Culture is one of safety and Family. Unfortunately it is to much of family, had they heeded the words of the obvious we would still be open and employed.
Pros
Oil and Gas
Cons
Oil and Gas
Fun work place that you can grow in
Installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COJuly 5, 2015
If you dont mind out of town work and the very unpredictable nature of the oil fields then it's great. 6 on 2 off schedules.
Pros
Per diem for out of town, good pay
Cons
Out of town alot, management isn't fair to all employees.
Not Bad
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Gibson, PAJune 27, 2015
Good place to start a working life. Lots of knowledge can be learned with construction. Pay is low and OT is not always available. Not a bad place to be.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
low pay and dictator owner.
Good job if you like to travel alot
Installer (Former Employee) –  Pike, WVJune 20, 2015
Can be labor intensive and constant inclement weather. Pay was lacking and travel was way too much. Not a job if you have a family.
Good place to work until new management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
Built a good team of employees, grew the staff to double in size, having to leave it all was the hardest part. Had a good client base of customer.
Don't work here
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 13, 2015
The only pro I can think of this company is the benefits package. Health insurance, 401k match and profit sharing. Besides that, you can forget about work/life balance. They expect you to work 24/7, there are rare positive reinforcements and management's attitude is to break you down and beat their values into you. They never take feedback on market conditions and constantly change the corporate strategy. Upper management doesn't want to be the cheapest company in the industry, but often deliver sub-par service to customers and expect salesmen to mend the relationship afterwards.
Sales is a tough job, but these guys make it a lot harder than it has to be. HR consistently disregards any complaints made regarding manager's attitude. Honestly, if you are looking for a sales career, there are plenty of better opportunities than Rain for Rent.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k match