Rain Employee Reviews

Not too bad if you're an upright introverted nerd.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 1, 2017
But if you're not, then you may find the people here to be anti-social. It's common for someone to fall out of the communication loop, especially if you're new. It's a sink or swim environment, and you are thrown in the water without warning.
Pros
snacks
Cons
you have to use your own hardware
Great organization. Superior management. Very good place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 16, 2017
Great organization that has dedicated employees that enjoy giving it their all every day. Management and case managers all work for the improved quality of life for each of the members we serve.
Productive snd fun with a phose ball table
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  CustodianOctober 12, 2016
Great place, great bosses, everyone seems to like each other lots of events. Gives flexible hours, raises, definitely a great place to work 😊
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No heslth care
Flexible Hours & Competative pay
owner (Current Employee) –  new rochelle, nyMay 20, 2015
Easy laid back work that allows me to spend time with family and still make a decent living. Learned business management and people skills.
Pros
flexible hours, great owner
Cons
since its starting out business can be slow some days
yes i would like a pingpong table
Home Attendant (Former Employee) –  waterbury connecticutJune 12, 2014
it was a pleasure working with rain i am looking forward to be working
with rain
Pros
no thank you
Cons
yes heathcare
Productive and fun place to work
Host/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2013
its an okay job if you like the night life. it is also an flexible job being that they conduct most of there business at night
Good training for police work
Security (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 19, 2013
fun atmosphere, good training dealing with people but the management was somewhat disorganized and I will work hard but good management allows for good communication and more secure environment.
Pros
good music, exciting environment
Cons
not very many hours
Official response from Rain
December 13, 2013

Huh? Another misdirected comment - we don't have any offices in West Virginia, nor do we train police officers. We do play FPS games at our LAN parties, so perhaps that qualifies as police training?

Productive and Rewarding
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2013
Directing a mobile food kitchen requires constant productivity in the areas of food management, truck maintenance and keeping abreast of sudden changes in the meal distribution schedule, including staff management. Although challenging at times, feeding 2300-3000 hungry individuals and families per month is rewarding and has shed sight on the various backgrounds and cultures in need.
Official response from Rain
December 13, 2013

I'm glad someone out there has had an awesome experience feeding the needy. Unfortunately Rain (the employer this review is supposedly for) can not take credit for the services you describe.

Let's see, here. We have an office in Utah, Nicaragua, and one in New York, Lower Manhattan area. We own exactly zero food trucks and we (to my knowledge) have never fed the needy.

We do have a food distribution schedule internal to our offices when crunch time hits on projects, as well as for company parties. I'm sure our office managers are very happy to only have to be providing food for a few dozen people rather than the daunting task of several thousand.

Good luck out there!

Low stress environment with skilled management, design, and development teams
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 18, 2012
The culture at Rain is pretty laid back and lighthearted. People know how to joke and have fun, and get down to business when it is also appropriate. We work and play hard together - in the form of sports and other activities outside of work or at lunch (hiking, biking, running, soccer, gym across the street, basketball, volleyball, LAN parties, etc.)

There is the occasional overtime crunch that is standard with any type of client based work that has deadlines. After the overtime, Rain likes to take care of those who put in extra time.

I feel like the management takes a real interest in my success and realize that this leads to successes for the whole team.

Overall, the atmosphere is comfortable and friendly. I have never gotten out of bed and dreaded going to Rain that day.
Pros
company lunches, parties, the company cruise this year was awesome, foosball table (that really gets used), low pressure, low overtime, a lot of learning and growing opportunities
Cons
occasional overtime - but they take care of you when it happens
Splendidly competent managers and coworkers
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 18, 2012
I like that most projects last from 2 to 6 months and then you get assigned to something new. One really great thing is how much I get to learn about the latest web technologies and expand my skillset.
Pros
soda fountain in lunch room (that's in addition to standard benefits)
Cons
my team doesn't always win when we play sports during lunch. ;-)