Rainbow Child Care Center Employee Reviews

Sucks
Jack of All Trades (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 12, 2018
Execs are clueless all they are worried about is the dollars
Benefits are useless
States they are family oriented...far from it

Save yourself and move on
Pros
Got to go home after 8 hours
Cons
Sucks thenlife out of ylu
Dont work here!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Underpaid,constantly left alone at max ratio,teachers are not qualified and abusive,management and staff are nothing but drama,kids have severe behavior issues and you can't punish them, sent home all the time !!!!!
Pros
Kids
Cons
everything else
love working with the kids and the staff is pretty nice
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 12, 2018
the amount of work they want us to do is way more than we get paid to do. they don't want to pay us anything but expect all this work. its not fair and i feel nobody can really live off of 9.00 because i'm barely making it myself so i honestly wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
working with the kids, nice staff
Cons
low pay, stressful amounts of work
underpaid, no overtime, rude managment, rude staff
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 10, 2018
staff are severly underpaid. there is no over time for any staff, there no good benefits, managment are really rude and not compassionate. staff are also uneducated.
Good Stepping Stone
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Pretty typical Child Care Center. Good area, parents are reasonably understanding, program director is very supportive, senior staff are very bonded. This is a good first job, or perhaps a job for additional income after retirement.
Not For Me
Lead Teacher and Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 4, 2018
During my time working for this company I experienced mistreatment of employees by a constant turn over of staff and management. I gave it my best shot at trying to become a happy part of the "Rainbow team" however I would never send my child to this childcare chain nor would I ever recommend working for this company.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Everything else
Awful place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 29, 2017
Between biting, spitting, hitting, kicking ect this place is awful. They don't protect their employees or the other children around. I got in trouble for picking a kid up and carrying him from the gym to class and told him no when he slapped me across the face then proceeded to hit me and later kick me. This is not a safe environment. Plus never have enough staff for bathroom breaks so you're always holding it. Management doesn't care as long as they are making their money. Very stressful environment always moving kids from class to class. No stability. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. I feared for my safety a few times
Pros
Not a thing
Poor management
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 22, 2017
No structure or consistency. Employees not being trained the correct way. Classrooms always over Ratio. The director is too immature for the title she’s trying to withhold.
Pros
very nice families
Cons
Director
No complaints
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2017
I really have no complaints about working here. I like working for my director and assistant director. I enjoy my classroom of students. There isn't any job better than working with children for me.
worked with respite side of company
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2017
i enjoyed each and every day at this job.
the children I was in charge of were mostly very severely handicapped.
I loved each and every child that I helped with
Pros
everything about that job was a pro
Cons
poor pay
Great Curriculum for Children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 28, 2017
Some teachers make you feel not welcomed and that you don't belong there. Very stressful environment and too many chiefs and not enough Indians so to speak. In other words, some teachers control the place or feel that they have the authority and not follow authority.
Pros
great curriculum
Cons
not much structure
private day care
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 16, 2017
As a teacher with the center everyone was very nice. I was able to experience creative Curriculum for the first time. I prefer High Scope, but it was still nice.
Favoritism is real
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCNovember 11, 2017
There are several employees that get whatever they want as well as being able to do whatever they want. A handful of teachers get hours of "planning" whenever they want allowing them to spend large amounts of time out of their classrooms, while other teachers rarely get planning time and do not have enough support from management to run their classrooms efficiently
Enjoy working with the parents and children.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  King, NCNovember 5, 2017
A typical day is very busy in scheduling or covering rooms when short handed. Have learned how to manage up to 18 employees, keep paperwork under control and make sure the center is organized. I think the hardest part of my job is making sure all regulations and company policy is followed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the children grow as they explore life.
Poor management
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2017
Lack of management and help in classrooms makes getting things accomplished hard. Would go out of ratio consistently and got no immediate help. Good luck getting a bathroom break when it's needed. Kids are great besides the occassional spoiled undisiplined child, but dealing with picky parents is challenging. Deal with a lot of stress, parents don't realize how much we really do and put up with, and not worth the lack of pay.
Pros
Vacation time, holiday pay.
Cons
Drama, poor management, lack of help.
Stressful overworked job
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2017
Rainbow employees are great but the management is rude, uncaring, and unproductive. She is two faced and tells other people's business to others. Very unprofessional
Horrible Management
Lead head start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 26, 2017
The place is unorganized and has poor managment. The teachers are not provided with the tools needed to complete lessons. The communication is not good.
Benefits
Fun at times, but too much drama
Lead Teacher, Young Preschool (Former Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYOctober 23, 2017
Like the title. It was fun, I loved the kids. Of course, it's a stressful job but at Rainbow, too stressful. Pay is low and when job title points a raise, you don't get it. Management doesn't compensate for their employees when on vacation or sick. There is no back up or good help, you pretty much shut up and do what you can. Everyone talks about everyone but is "friends" when around the certain person they just claimed to hate. No room for overtime which in most cases I was forced to do.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Pay, management, drama drama drama
fun place for kids, stressful for teachers
Lead Teacher in Pre-K Acadamy (Current Employee) –  Millers Creek, NCOctober 18, 2017
Loving environment for the children but stressful for the workers in trying to complete all the paperwork required daily/weekly and give the children all the time they deserve. Defiantly could have better benefits.
Pros
Spending time with kids.
Cons
Not good benefits, low pay, stressful.
Amazing!!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 15, 2017
This is the best company I have worked at. Corporate office does care about each individual and you just can’t go wrong with the curriculum the classrooms offer to the kids and the love for parents. There is so much included with Rainbow and so much support, they make it hard to fail.
Pros
Support from management, career advancement, professional development
Cons
Could have better insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainbow Child Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9