Rainbow International Employee Reviews in United States

Loved it
Construction Hand (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 5, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Rainbow International. Very Flexible, fun, never a dull moment. Learned many useful skills in the construction industry
Pros
Great Environment, Lots of skills learned
Cons
Construction hours aren't garunteed
no direction
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 3, 2016
The position I was hired for was never really defined to me. Often times found that I had no direction and was left on an island to fend for myself.
Teamwork and employees were enjoyable to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 10, 2013
We worked as a team and all workers were easy to get along with. Sometimes we had to work in the heat and cold. If needed, we did work traveling in surrounding Raleigh areas and worked overtime. I kept the inventory of customers household property as their insurance companies deemed fit to return the property. Other duties included answering phones and talking with customers and insurance companies, daily input of customers property, filing and other office duties.
Pros
was promoted within three months of employment. management team worked as hard as the associates.
Cons
job security and benefits.
No work not a good CEO
Lead Carpet Tech (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MIMay 5, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked. Ceo has not idea how to run a company. He has to many businesses to run.they promise hours to work and you will work 4 to 6 hours a week
Pros
Nice wages
Cons
No work. Bad reputation for treatment of employees
Always going new places
Cleaning Technition (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 31, 2015
I meet new people on a daily basis. I'm never in the same place. I do different things every day. I have learned some new skills, when it comes to home repair.
horrible management
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Lititz,paNovember 19, 2014
had 3 business in one try to do schedules and invoices...ighhh good luck..... which some are on the books others are cash accounts or trade one service for another. Try using Rainbow manager when only some of your invoices are on the books some are not...Not to mention benefits were never clearly discussed or being kept under certain hours so you don't qualify
Rainbow International
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 19, 2014
This company provided me with a new work experience and trained me well. They allowed me time in training to perfect my trade in restoration. I got along well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job were the environmental factors, heat and cold weather.
Pros
great co-workers, new experience
Cons
compensation
Very Relax place to work
Lead Technician / Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 28, 2015
The day starts off with everyone getting together and coming up with a plans for how we're going to execute the day and maximize productivity. We are not pressured or forced to do anything we dont want to do. I really enjoy my time working here.
It was a good job, but management needs to more informative to the employees
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLSeptember 11, 2014
It was a great company just that management was a bit less informative to the employee
Rainbow International
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSNovember 11, 2013
I do all the data entry
We perform water damage, fire restoration, mold remediation and reconstruction. Carpet, upholstery, cleaning and hard surface cleaning was our main focus. The first several years we were called TPS Carpet Care, until be bought into a franchise "Rainbow International"
My title is Office Manager but I do all clerical work as well as go out on large loss sites to help with whatever they may need.
Our company has not been as financially secure since we began paying royalties to our parent group "The Dwyer Group."
Management is for the most part great. I get along with all the co-workers.
Hardest part of the job for me is watching a very vibrate company lose it's independence since becoming part of a franchise.
The most fulfilling part of my job is communicating with customers. Seeing them back in the homes after a disaster and being there to help people in need. We also get along really well and it is a joy to work with the people I do.
I love that at the end of the day you feel as if you are helping someone get their life back to normal.
The only reason I am leaving this job is because they are cutting my hours to part time and I am personally financially unable to make the numbers work.
Pros
free carpet cleaning
Cons
dealing with subcontractors, transferring office phone to my cell phone, this happens every lunch, and every time owner is out of town, we are a 24 hour emergency company
Water damage repair.
sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 8, 2013
A typical day at work was pretty tough. I learned that not every company will pay a worker what he/she deserves. The management was okay. Friendly,but cheap. The hardest part of the job was the pay.
Pros
the pay
Busy adventurous work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 13, 2012
Fun fast pace work environment. Met and interacted directly with customer and able to work projects from beginning to end.
Pros
great benefits and flexible hours
Cons
short on staff members
used to work for Rainbow
former Head Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor MaineMay 12, 2012
I used to work for a Rainbow International, The company has great values, They have good benefits available for thier employees and thier commitment to excellence can not be surpassed.
Good Working Enviroment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Macallen tx.April 23, 2014
Good Boss challenging work place was able to apply my management skills.
Pros
great boss
Cons
some weekends
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 30, 2014
Processing Restoration mitigation claims.
Speaking to Insurance adjusters.
In charge of Accts. Receivables and Payables.
Scheduling jobs for technicians.
Assisting Owner with administrative duties.
Not financially stable/worked out of employer home
Pros
close to home
Cons
no healthcare, no money to make payroll
summary
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2014
i would work in the warehouse or go to customers houses and extracted water, set up equipment dry out walls and wet areas. i'll pull carpet if it is need to be pulled

I've learned a lot working at this company. i learned how to use extraction trunks, set up fans and dehumidifiers and more..

i worked well with everyone at my job. I've never had a problem and i was always on time,
rewarding job but call schedule was unacceptable
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 7, 2013
I managed teams of fire and water crews and filed all required insurance papers needed for payment to the company and the homeowner or business owner. Routine days were challange yet rewarding but the call schedule was a challange with being called out at night, weekends and holidays which were hard due to family requirements.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
only the on call schedule
fun good working people that know what there doing
cleaning fire, mold, water, smoke damage (Current Employee) –  orland park, ILMarch 31, 2012
great place good price and the people there know what there do they get the job done fast and right
Confusing and annoying enviorment
Restoration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 25, 2013
Long and no communication. Its good work and money but not worth it
Fantastic company that feels like your family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Absolutely admire the effort in customer service; it felt like the customers were my extended family.