The Rainbow Room, the quintessential New York venue, has been the site of some of the city's most celebrated events since first opening in 1934. We are seeking skilled, passionate professionals who take great pride in delivering unparalleled experiences and who value teamwork, integrity and professional development in a spectacular, world-class setting.
What is required…..
- Direct associates in completion of tasks as designated or needed that ensure Kitchen sanitation including strict compliance with Dept. of Health requirements and ordinances
- Responsible for ensuring buffet lines are re-stocked with ice, china, flatware, and glassware
- Responsible for developing weekly schedules while maintaining labor costs and labor budgets
- Assist with hiring, training and overall performance management of associates within Stewarding Department
- Oversee requisition of all equipment necessary for events
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of all storage areas
- Manage flow of activity in the kitchen during production and during events
- Ensure departmental safety procedures are being followed
- Flexibility in scheduling
What it takes….
- Prior experience in a high volume, fine dining establishment is preferred
- Possess strong leadership and motivational skills
- Must have prior knowledge of Health Department, sanitation and safety regulation
- Prior experience in a multilingual environment preferred.
- Must have open availability including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
Other things to consider….
- A significant portion of the work day requires walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
The above information is general in nature and level of work expected; it is not intended to be interpreted as an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this role.
The Rainbow Room is seeking individuals committed to delivering the best service in New York’s most iconic location.