Rainbow Shops Employee Reviews

Found 1,029 reviews matching the search
cashier/assistant/sales associate
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
I would help the managers to any needs ether opening the store or closing dealing with cash or any other aspects of the job. Also i was one of the main cashiers. recover store.
Basically i didn't grow much in this store it was o job not a career.
This store was a very unorganized store with ether management or co-workers, i did my best to manage with the situation.
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the store in best conditions possible.
the most enjoyable part was when i worked with the people that were actually there to work hard to achieve the daily goals.
Pros
free dress code
Cons
lack of interest on behalf of multiple co-workers and managers
Stressful
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 9, 2016
As a junior manager, you still are liable for everything going on in the store. It's like you are the manager with a really bad pay. Company expects you to bend over backwards and get everything done in one day. Some days are stressful to the point you want to get up and quit.Company barely gives any raises. If you aren't in the union you won't see a raise period. Can't take time off during holidays to be around family and loved ones. They expect you to work long holiday hours of 13+ just to make a dollar in their pocket.
Pros
Making own schedule, dress more comfortably
Cons
Long hours, mistreatment of employees
Productive work place I Just Wished they took care of there sales assiciates as much As there managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Good atmosphere but I've been here for 2 yes and I have yet to see or hear anything of a raise. I've saw a lot of management and co workers do to this but I remain to stock it thru because I haven't found my next great job yet. I've proven my loyalty I just wanna feel appreciated besides a pat on a back and a congrats on paper.
Pros
Paid every week, 30 min breaks
Cons
No health care, no benefits, i pay for my own parking, only 25 hrs max a week
Fun and sociable workplace
FRONT DESK MANAGER/JUNIOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2016
This job made me be a more social person, learned a lot about management of money and inventory, my co-workers were nice persons, my shifts were some what flexible. On the other hand to go up in position was basically getting along with the managers. The pay is not good unless you've been a manager for years and a raise is really hard to get. I had a really terrible experience with the managers of the store that I was working at, instead of them being loyal to the company and being fair with every employee they were totally the opposite.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, pay
Excellent Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 7, 2016
The job was just that... a job. Upon entering the store employees were expected to clock in, and immediately begin their tasks. As a sales associate I was expected to maintain the sales floor while also assisting customers.
The employees were not seen as people to the management, we were seen as hours that were either worked or they were not, tasks that were completed or not.
Co-workers were not team members working toward a common goal, they were competitors. We all wanted to advance to the next rung of the ladder. However the job was almost always given to a new hire.
It was a learning experience, I learned that I did not want a job, I wanted a career. I learned that upward mobility is very important.
Pros
Discount
Fun place to work at first
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedarhurst, NYOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting the customers making sure they find what they need.
I learned that customer service is important
Management is ok, I love my co-workers
Nothing is really hard about the job , just have to stand on your feet all day.
The most enjoyable is getting paid every week !
Pros
Discount on everything
Cons
No raise
Stay Away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2016
Worse place to work... No break.. eat when u have a second to chew... Management mostly stayed on phone and schedule 7am meetings to do freight... A few employees got fired for stealing but not the store who was the biggest theft.. discount clothing for family members and her friend the married man... That place was filled with drama and mess... The store manager showed everyone how to close and clock her out because she would leave to go be with the married man... I still remember how to do the closing paper... Call in the numbers at closing.. I was only a sales associate..
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything but weekly pay
Interesting work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work is saleing clothes making sure customers are satisfied before and after theiir purchase. I learned to stay to myself. Management was horrible and unprofessional. My co workers were helpful and outgoing and hardworking. The hardest part of the job is when a customer(s) tried to steal. The most most enjoyable part was the clothing, the different types of clothing.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
No benefits
Good working environment.
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2016
I have learned to manage cash, sales, exchanges, refunds, deposits and other transactions related to cash registers. Send and receive emails that are required, receive and make the necessary calls, I have also been part of inventory and warehouse organization.
Almost every day are similar, the main thing is always the customer, care for them, then keep a good environment to generate sales, and this is achieved apart from customer service: maintaining a store neat, clean, merchandise and clothing that comes new must be processed and on the floor, waiting for someone to buy, always report the offers we have, always willing to increase the sales target of the day, among other things.
My coworkers are very good, we always work as a team and there is a good working environment.
The hardest thing is the salary, is not enough for the responsibility I have in front of a store, all the dedication and hard work. Sometimes that disappoints me.
I learned a lot in this company, there is a good working environment and work hard as a team, which I like.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor salary
My review on Rainbow Clothing
Assistant Store manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2016
Nice environment. fun place to work clientele is nice. would work there again. Just not enough pay for the work. District management could be better. the store situations weren't all the best.
Pros
Fun employees, cool outfits and mechandise, lovely clientele
Cons
NOT ENOUGH PAY, NO BENEFITS FOR MANAGEMENT. DISTRICT MANAGEMENT COULD BE BETTER. AND STORE CONDITIONS NOT THE BEST
Great fashionable place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 20, 2016
Great company, pay could be better for the workload. Benefits are great. Advancement within the company is great. Store managers have a workload and many tasks.
Pros
benefits, store managers-paid holidays, great opportunity for advancement
Cons
pay could be better, no weekends off, high turn over
Trendy fast-paced retail store that provides a productive workplace
Junior Assistant Manager/ Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 29, 2016
A typical day at work starts with me counting and securing my register. Once I've completed the task of opening the terminal I make sure all paper work from closing or opening shifts are documented, signed and stored properly. Inventory must be done as quickly and accurate possible (if any) so getting it out the way before the early afternoon traffic or closing is always the goal. One thing I learned while working for this company is demographics play a major part in how consumers shop, interact and try on merchandise. Management is very understanding, willing to help and open to the opinions of the employees. All of my fellow co-workers are surprisingly out going and eager to learn. The hardest part of my job is lifting and moving inventory around the store. The easiest part of my job is knowing the details about merchandise and applying it to sales techniques.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2016
As far as my co workers and management it was great. The pay wasnt enough for me to provide for me and my daughter. I got along with everyone, even the co workers.
Pros
can get as many hours
Cons
not enough pay and no benefits
Fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
The day is fun if you are a people's person! Everyday there is something to do so you will NEVER get bored. The managers for the most part are generally nice.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay, Raises and hours
Good work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 18, 2016
On a typical day at work was making sure there isn't any stolen merchandise and keeping an eye on suspicious customers. Learned more on surveillance and keeping a good working environment. Management was great they where always on top of everything that needed to be done. The co-workers where fun and easy to talk to. after working there for 5 years I had very good relationship with all of them. There really wasn't a lot of hard parts other than trying to catch anyone stealing. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers and some customers.
its a good company
Manager In Training (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILOctober 2, 2016
its a good company but they don't give out no raises, my co workers are great, we understand team work, a typical day is processing shipment, doing some mark downs, pushing sales and meeting goald
Great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 13, 2016
Nice people and love working with clothes just not a lot of opportunity for job advancement or flexibility. If not in management position already this would be a great part time or starter job.
Rainbow Shops Employee
Associate (Current Employee) –  East Point, GA 30344November 28, 2016
As a part-time associate a typical day at work is pleasant, fast paced and successful. Dealing in customer retail you learn how to process shipments, tag and sensor merchandise, stock and set up floor displays. Management is experienced and professional as well as co-workers. There really isn't anything hard about the job because your well trained and help is readily. The most enjoyable part is associate discounts, weekly pay and retail experience.
Pros
flexible hours, weekly pay, associate discount
Cons
short breaks
Productive and some what laid back back workplace
JUNIOR ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 12, 2016
Sometimes stressful and a joy to help style the customers , some of the co-workers can be shady and somewhat untrustworthy, shipment for processing merchandise I have learned how to process merchandise to go on the sales floor and a little ablout visual merchandising. Some of my co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job is the shipment process. Sometimes we would get about 30 boxes a day and it takes a while to process all of them in an efficient manner.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Benifits and higher management
slavery
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2016
you do tooooooo much for only 9$/hr, managers are very rude and did not even greet me.co workers do not even conversate with you. Management is also disorganized, i had to learn how to do everything myself, there was no proper training.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
short breaks, no raise, no benefits