Rainbow Shops Employee Reviews

Given 30 minutes lunch was able to leave the store and go look in other stores.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 11, 2017
The atmosphere was very nice. I really enjoyed the hours and the flow of customers coming in made the day go by fast. There were always things to do such as setting up displays.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
Break sometimes was too short because if we were busy you had to give up your break
good workin hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
the job I had while at rainbow was working with costumers in the retail industry helping them find needs of the products in which they were looking to buy.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lack of pay
it's a nice place for anyone who's interesting to work for this company
Security (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJDecember 6, 2017
it's very an outstanding place to work ,the coworkers are very respectful and the place always neat and the customers always happy with the good sale it;s just a very fun place to work and shop
Fun but slow
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
It’s a nice quiet work place
Very slow not busy unless it’s a weekend
A lot of time for one on one training
Management is laid back
Customers are mostly women
Pros
Sales discount
Cons
Lack of pay
good
W. Roosevelt Rd. - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
We had discounts on clothes, work was simple and usually a lot that way your day went by fast. Downfall was that you couldn't sit down and had to be standing up at all times.
Pros
discount
Cons
Schedule
Company
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vega Alta Municipio, PRDecember 5, 2017
They need to be more flexible with their associates.
They need to provide more training to the associates
I learn to work under presuare
They don't have a culture
worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VADecember 4, 2017
Do not recommend this job its very stressful. On a daily basis were watching thieves like babysitters. The employees was okay but it wasn't a positive environment.
very fun and positive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta-Richmond County, GADecember 1, 2017
rainbow was a great job for someone like me a college student that was trying to make end meet. Rainbow was a very relaxed and positive and happy environment i worked with different people everyday which i loved i learned how to work in a wear house as well as in the store i loved the job it was right around the corner from my school so when i got out of school i just went straight to work but unfortunately my car gave up on me and i had to quit the job.
Pros
store discount
Cons
not enough hours
Potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2017
As a whole my experience at rainbows was decent. At a very young age and a very short time with the company i was given the opportunity to progress. But that being said I was set up to fail. I was not given the tools to succeed.
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
Great job but low on pay and staff . Needs more staff to handle certain parts of the store and higher pay for staff due to the lack of support they have .
fun place and nice people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDDecember 1, 2017
good part time job to have while in school and to make extra money, the pay is great, excellent management, typical day at work was great, get to work as a team and ou learn alot.
A slow working environment, low pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 29, 2017
Didn't really get many hours, they'll tell you to come in one day then call you and tell you, your not needed. poor management, lack of communication, talks A LOT about workers behind their back.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Not a very nice place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2017
A lot if people were rude, everyone gossiped, and wasn't fair with hours or scheduling. They didn't teach you new things very well or helped anyone. Nobody showed up on time.
Pros
Cons
Scheduling, management.
Great Company
Real Estate Broker & Leasing Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
Much room for advancement though I was young and aggressive and wanted to move on to more independent ventures One of the best environments and talented staff one can imagine great environment
good work culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 28, 2017
I was a returning employee to this company, after relocating back to Hawaii, This is the company that I had started my driving career with. Management was very helpful in getting me the training I needed.
Great job to work at if you have help.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJNovember 28, 2017
Love the job but had no help at the time I was working there, worked many hours and didn't complain cause I love my job. Typical day at work was great as long as you have help. Also learned you can't do everything by urself no matter how much you try. The job was only hard when u have no help. And the enjoyable part is helping people that needs n wants ur help.
Pros
Bring own lunch or it would be nice for them to supply lunch.
Cons
It doesn't take long to eat lunch n get back to lunch.
It’s a good job I just do not get enough money
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2017
Rainbow has a good atmosphere. We are trained to always greet our customers so they feel welcomed. We get a lot of shipment to bring more customers in. I like how we have both junior sized and plus sized clothes. We as associates get a 30% discount as well. But, on the other end my hours have gotten cut drastically and I am no longer able to afford essential things I need to get through my daily life.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Cut hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 26, 2017
Very fast pace made sure customers were happy processed shipment greeter and worked fitting room. Fun place too work if you where around the right people and they worked around your schedule when needed
Pros
Worked around my schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
Rainbow is not the ideal job.Management sucks When you report certain things you see it gets pushef under the rug.Not a safe place to work at least not the one i worked at too much illegal activities going on at that place.Pay could be better.They want so much but pays so little.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 22, 2017
Working here was very interesting experience. The managers were all good, the work environment was chilled most if not all of the employees got along well. The position isn't super hard.