Rainbow USA

Rainbow USA Employee Reviews

Horrible management and company
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee), Austin,TxMarch 29, 2015
Pros: The co-workers and meeting new people everyday.
Cons: You work so much and get paid so little. Managment is just a complete disaster.
Rainbow is just a horrible place to work. The pay is pity for all the hard work you do. Didn't have a manager for 10 months. The dm had favorites so when they would come visit they made you feel like you did something wrong. Gave the hours to the favorites and always cutting hours even if you're full time. Sales associates were always quitting. The company is just doing something wrong to make the employees not want to stay. The only decent thing about working there was the discount and the people you meet.
always fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Get to work clock in and getting my day started. i have learn that retail always have something new to it. management is very friendly and generous, my coworkers are very friendly and helpful, hardest part of my job is getting merchandising out on time. Helping all customer and making the sales for the day.
*i do not recommend this job to anyone! Please read below!!*
Retail (Former Employee), lynchburg, vaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: horrible management due to lack of training/professionalism, horrible service with dm and home office, shady activities, favoritism towards certain locations / stores, horrible upkeep from plaza management
This company is HORRIBLE TO WORK FOR! I do not recommend it to anyone, unless you are just looking for something part time with a discount until you definitely find something better! You have no back up from authorities or corporate, you barely get trained before they set you out there to the sometimes not so friendly/ professional clientele (for a lack of better words). You do not have the payroll to accomplish much and when you try to communicate your struggles and concerns to authority, you are blown off or ignored. Store location is falling apart, no help from plaza management, which is a whole bother battle and complaint by itself. This location will never prosper or be any more successful and profitable than it is if the head management is not re-evaluated ASAP, they will continue to lose quality workers and management without the proper training, backup, guidance, and professionalism that is needed!!!!!!!!!!
job
Jr. Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
met great people
had good laughs
learned how to manage people
Fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 27, 2014
Decent place to work but the wages are unacceptably low for what the job entails
work
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Forestville, MDJuly 7, 2014
wonderful co workers
but poor management skills
no benefit instill after 2 years
Good for first Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 6, 2014
Pros: good as first job, worked around my school schedule
Cons: a lot of theft from customers and short hours
This was my first job as a sales associate. Here I learned to work the cashier, assist customers and work as a team with other co workers. Didn't get many hours because I was part time. It was ok, the plus for me was the discounts and some of the friendly coworkers. The down side was a problem with theft at the store. Having to pay really close attention to customers. I liked it though because I'm into fashion so I enjoyed helping customers with the clothing.
Productive and fun place to work helpig customer find the right attire whether its for the night or just a new look
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: customer satisfication
Cons: negative report from a non compliance customer
meeting daily goals to increase store sales and out upts
I learned managerial skills for my new position which open up my eyes to a wider range
management was understanding and helpful
co workers was a working task because none had retail experience before
that was the hardest part being new at the position and training new employees as well
the most enjoyable moment knowing the customer satisfaction was great
Great place to interact with people from all backgrounds
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: helping people find what they are looking for in the fashion world
Cons: short breaks
Working for Rainbow USA is a great start to a career in retail. The day to day atmosphere can change at a moments notice. The hardest aspect of working in a retail store is that you have some good days and some poor ones. The best part of working for Rainbow is that you meet new people everyday.
Fun Workplace
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Swissvale PaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: a different project everyday
Cons: no advancement, lack of respect from clientele
A typical work day would consist of going into the store clock in ,open the registers and check email from home office for mark-downs and promotions.I would then delegate the task out to assistant managers..I enjoy the visual merchandising of the job and my co-workers its never a dull moment
productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), temple hills , marylandDecember 30, 2013
Pros: workplace and long breaks
Cons: not receiving enough hours
processing shipment unloading freight

the hardest part of job was not getting paid enough

the best part of the job was the work enviroment.
You do not want to work for. You can loose your job anytime
Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte NCDecember 15, 2013
Pros: will hire anyone, paid weekly
Cons: will hire anyone
Walmart will treat you better!
Easy job
Cut throat management
Hope you like not getting paid on time
safe, fun worklace
CASHIER, RETAIL, CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), katy txNovember 4, 2013
Pros: learning new things
it would be enjoyable, and fun to help in all areas. I learn quick, and im able to achieve many things
Fast-Paced Environment
Junior Assistant / Head Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
A typical day can range from slow to fast paced. There is always work to do. Flexible with schedule. Co- workers already know what they have to do. The hardest pat of the job is keeping up when it is very busy especially during the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connections you make with co-workers and customers.
EASY WORKPLACE
Store Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2013
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS INVENTORY IT CAN BE A VERY FUN AND CHALLENGING WORKPLACE
Productive workplace ability to grow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2013
The most enjoyable part about Rainbow is that it's a very relax place of being, it's very family oriented all co-workers are very helpful. My manager is not uptight at all she doesn't breathe over your neck.
not a good place to work
helpdesk (Former Employee), brooklyn nyOctober 24, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
unfair management bad work area get out while you can. some nice co-workers but it wasn't fun coming to work
Fun and upbeat clothing store.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAAugust 16, 2012
Pros: meeting new customers.
Cons: long work hours
Make sure labor hours and customer service is up to company standards. Love speaking with customers and doing displays.

The hardest part of the job is the hours I work.
Creative
Member of the Safety Committee (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2012
All about providing a welcoming environment. Helping customers mix and match clothing to their expectations. Co-workers were taken into consideration for new ideas for display of clothing.
Rainbow Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 24, 2012
Pros: discount on clothing, great employees
Cons: no fulltime, no benefits, hard to move up in company
I loved working with my co-workers. We was a great team. I operated the register, open and closed the store, did managerial duties, open and process shipment. Clean store.

Rainbow USA Salaries