Rainforest Cafe Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAApril 11, 2016
Management is too self centered to remember your an actual person(employee). Theres no real discount it comes out of your checks
Great place
BACK OF THE HOUSE (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 30, 2016
Fun place but it does have days where it get really busy and everyone is in mood cause things don't go the way they want it too. Overall Great palce
great enviroment
Host (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 1, 2016
fun place to eat and shop, the management/staff are very supportive. my communication skills come in very handy when seating my guests
mangers
retail (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2016
the mangers dont care if you need time off or not they will tell you that you can have a day off and then set you to work that day they will tell you that you are getting ready to move up in the company and then hire someone else for that postion they dont give breaks no matter how long your there for the day
Cons
no breaks
wild place to work
Second Unit Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 23, 2015
its a great place to work with great benefits. Process and SOP constantly changing. This place does show a lot of teamwork to get through the day.
A great Company to work for.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2015
I was actually in Charge of most of all Department in the car dealer...I was my Boss Right hand... I also had a Great time helping the homeless kids... Use to be in charge of all Events.. Including Tv commercial... and had a great time with customers.... Overall a Great Company to work for.
great place to shop and dine on a jungle like atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 3, 2015
love the thunderstorms, the restaurant from the outside is a volcano. great variety of food and beverage. the schedule meet everyone's needs. great teamwork.
Hardest part of job
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Covering the size of the property.
Using radio headsets to communicate needs and issues. Was from retail to habitat, to restaurant. Weeding through chatter to deciefer needed info that was relevant to my side of the job.
Pros
People
Extremely Busy
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 31, 2015
Worked as a line cook, don't sell yourself short. If you're good they will pay you what you want so go high. Nothing is difficult in BOH it's just an extraordinarily busy restaurant with some dramatic characters.
Pros
Free meals, good pay
Cons
No personal time
Great Place to Work
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  ServerJuly 10, 2015
Before the close for remodel I was working as a serve at The Rainforest in the Mall of America. They are owned by Landry's; which is an amazing company to work for in it self; and is a great fast paced and fun environment.
Pros
People, Management, Conpany, Pay, Locations
Cons
Sometimes not as many hours as I liked to work
Great Team Atmosphere
FOH Manager / Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
Working as a manager at any Landry's Restaurant is going to include long days and hard work, however you are alongside a team of people who are all pulling just as hard as you.

Easy days are the days when everything goes the way it's supposed to, but you get there by building the culture and training your people to do the best they possibly can. That's where Landry's focuses their energy, on building it's people to be self sufficient and engaged in the success of themselves and the team as a whole.

Compensation is very competitive, and if you're willing to relocate, there is a huge opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Teamwork, good compensation, advancement opportunities.
Cons
10 hour shifts, weekend shifts
very fun but they are presure salesmen they tell you to do things one was but no one ever does
Rtail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2015
would come in and count my drawer and they like you to sell thing but they like you to push sometimes times even if it anoys the guest retail and even in the restrant the managers never do the things they infource as in set an example
fun place
Animal Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I mainly worked only 4 people in my department and we cot really close. the other managers that weren't in my department would great us and become familiar with us as well. the work was fun and not to hard. overall a great place.
Pros
free food sometimes and everyday a hot shower
Cons
short work days
Best job I ever had!
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 8, 2015
Th e people I worked with were my family. The team unit was something I may never see again. I'm happy to move on and learn from new experiences but sad to leave my family behind.
I enjoyed going to work and seeing both employees and our "regular" guests.
I learned so much about myself and honed my craft because of those surrounding me.
This may be good bye but you will be in my heart forever.
Pros
family
Cons
restaraunt closing for 6+ months for remoleding.
Pathfinder/Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2014
In order to be really hired to have to pass all their Landry test & Final exam. I work in the retail village. The job is overall easy, greet customers, talk about popular items, sell their membership etc. The restaurant I'm working at working in the retail village is stressful. My assistant manger is a b____ for no reason. You have to take "Park Pixs" every 30 minutes. You have to go up to the restaurant and beg people to take a picture. I got more no's then yes. Who wants to take pictures while their eating/waiting on their food anyway? You get $10 taken out of your check if you want to enroll in the employee discount program. I've been working here for almost 2 weeks and only received 1 break during that time & Managers play favorite. DO NOT WORK AT THE RAINFOREST CAFE DOWNTOWN CHICAGO. SAVE YOURSELF THE TIIME OF WORKING ONCE A WEEKEND.
Cons
everything
Horrible Management!
Sauté Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 21, 2014
Employees doing whatever they want and upper management never following through with any discipline policies.
Cons
bad management!!!
High Volume
Server/Trainer/Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2014
• Providing the customer with top-notch service and making their experience a pleasant one was a priority
• Customer service, cleaning of stations and side work.
• Complete raining of new servers including in a classroom setting.
• Assisted with hosting while working as a server during high-volume times.
Jungle atmosphere
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rutherfor , New JerseyJuly 23, 2014
Had fun. It took my bartending experience to a higher level.
Horrible place to work
CHA CHA The Tree frog Mascott.. (Former Employee) –  OpryMills Nashville TennesseeJuly 17, 2014
Worked as Cha Cha.. They made me work on my 15minute breaks un wrapping toys with my sweaty hands in the hot costume. Took me out on an Event It was 95 degrees out side we were in Direct Sun I was dying... I said I needed a break for a minute they took 15 minute after I told them I could have passed out...

They only paid $9 an hour for you to die in a hot costume... I used to make $25 - $50 an hour for an other place I used to get breaks and I was treated with resect and like I was what I was not just the mascot but an Entertainer....

No Respect for you as a entertainer or person.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Typical Server Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2014
Fun atmosphere, great place for kids. If you've ever worked in the hospitality industry as a server, its a pretty typical place to work.