Rainforest Cafe Employee Reviews

wonderful
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2016
This is a wonderful environment to work in, very well kept business. Highly recommended. I would absolutely refer anyone to work here. The management is wonderful as well as the quality of there food.
Pros
good food
Rainforest
Food Runner / Busser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
My overral expericence within the company has been lacking in betterment for advancement. MAny opportunites arrise for employees who have been with the company for many years and who are overall good workers , however they are over looked for certain promotions. Instead of manangement promoting from within , they typically outsource. However if you need flexable hours , something part time or are not looking to advance this is a good fit .
Its a cool environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Its a diverse environment..the management is some what coordinated and the pay is good..the bad thing is during the school season and due to the restaurant being located in the mall its extremely slow which leads to high labor and no good hours
great experience
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 21, 2017
Landrys has a growth program that allows you to have a lot of opportunity to expand your career. Its a very professional company. Rainforest Cafe is a big, fun place and its very different from most typical restaurants.
hectic
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2016
The company is not my favorite company to work for but a very large cooperate company that does very well for itself. Its very hard to work for a company that does not back up its employees or help build them but instead break them down. The managers that worked at my location were extremely hard to work with because one would way one thing while another would say something completely different... but i mean it paid the bills i needed it for and i got into disney for free so you win some you lose some.
Pros
disney for free, decent pay, great atmosphere
Cons
management, backwards company policies
Best place i ever worked
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 23, 2017
The best money i have ever made. the best management I've had for overall success for myself and Landrys. Love the place and would reccomend for anyone
Well
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109February 21, 2017
Management in transition at this new location; lots of tourism - depending on the time of year of course. Co-workers were great, and had an amazing view.
Very enjoyable work environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 31, 2016
Working at rainforest cafe was an adventure each day. I say this because everyday tourists from all over would come and would be very excited with the animatronics rainforest had to offer. My co-workers were really fun people to be around, but sometimes they would tend to irritated me because they would take to many breaks and inevitably that would at many times put pressure on me. Management wouldn't be on top of issues pertaining workers concerns. Not great overall in the end.
Pros
Laid back environment when business was slow.
Cons
Lack of co-workers production
all around fun place for kids and adults to enjoy food and learn a thing or two about the rainforest
Server/Host (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 28, 2016
a day working at the rainforest cafe is full of great experiences with guest and our employees. the atmosphere of the place is positive.and the management and team are nice and out going people. the hardest part of my job is multitasking around tables full of guest and trying to give every one of guest my 100 percent effort.
Pros
meet friendly people, friend employees, management very understanding
Cons
rude guest and sometimes the kitchen little slow so food takes awhile to be brought out
break room was relaxing
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2016
Rainforest café had a lot of fun energetic people to work with. They were very helpful and polite. We all worked together as a team since it was a very busy restaurant. We also got benefits to admissions to water parks and Disney theme parks for free for ourselves and friends. Since I was born and raised here in Orlando I loved to show the guest around and tell them about the fun things to do in the city as well as downtown Disney.
Pros
Yes free lunches when we worked 12 hour shifts
Cons
30 minute breaks only
Great work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Rainforest cafe was a great company to work for good enviroment to be in . Management was okay, co workers were great. Some days it would be a little slow but overall a great place.
Great Job, just bad management
Busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
My typical day of working there would be to come in the morning and help open the place. I clock in but my day really does not start until the customer leaves. My managers pretty much wanted me in some cases to show up later or work without clocking in when it was a slow day. The customers were fun to talk to while I was cleaning tables, my co workers were straight hilarious to be around. On my break, I was able to eat the food half off. I mainly got paid in my tips but there were times where my supervisors would not give me my tips because it was not on their time or they were busy. There were times where my family actually needed the money and I told my supervisors I needed it, but they really didn't care. I worked hard everyday, always stayed busy, and never gave them a hard time. The hardest part of the day was leaving work without all my money when my family needed it. The most enjoyable part was pretty much being there for my co workers and getting discounts or free food.

I am not saying that all Rainforest Cafes are like this but this one in particular was bad in management
Pros
Discount or free food, co-workers, fun environment, and pretty okay tips
Cons
management
Fast Paced, Family Orientated, Fun Workplace
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92807May 25, 2016
Sarted off working on the bussing team. Had 4 bussers per team, large section of tables 25+. Fast paced, a lot of communication and teamwork was involved with the high turnover rate. Mangagement was reliable and consistent. Great co-workers, great atmosphere. Hardest part of job was breaking down and setting up large parties in a few minutes. I loved working with people and kids.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good co-workers and management.
Cons
Tips on check, Overtime required.
Great Team Atmosphere
FOH Manager / Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
Working as a manager at any Landry's Restaurant is going to include long days and hard work, however you are alongside a team of people who are all pulling just as hard as you.

Easy days are the days when everything goes the way it's supposed to, but you get there by building the culture and training your people to do the best they possibly can. That's where Landry's focuses their energy, on building it's people to be self sufficient and engaged in the success of themselves and the team as a whole.

Compensation is very competitive, and if you're willing to relocate, there is a huge opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Teamwork, good compensation, advancement opportunities.
Cons
10 hour shifts, weekend shifts
Fun Place to Work
Retail associate/Habitat (Current Employee) –  353 Opry Mills Drive, Nashville, TN July 10, 2013
I love working at Rainforest Cafe! The advancement opportunities are within 6 months of being promoted (if work ethic is present every day). Management is absolutely spectacular. They treat you with respect like you wish to be treated. I worked in retail/habitat, and both places have given me an understanding of true work ethic, and what a true job that you love to do is.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays, Promotion based, 9.00/hr to start out
Cons
Long hours on feet, hours compacted into weekends, part-time (14 hours-20 hours)
It was a alright place to work
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2013
Trying to deal with so many different attitudes, That you have to take responsiability on your own. management was very hard to understand because it seemed like they really did'nt care about much except for there own job. the The co-works had to be watched really careful because they were all about themselves hard to get along with. trying to get along with staff. being creative they did not like that.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Short breaks no benefits no raises short work hours
productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Galveston Island, TXJuly 16, 2016
Overall the work environment is great along with great customers who treat you with respect. And the quality of my environment is also a fun place to work in because you are always on your feet doing something
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It was a great company
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 18, 2016
Rainforest cafe was an amazing company to work for. very fast paced and super high volume. Everyone was fast and accurate i learned so much from the 4 guys i worked with. If given the chance i would go back.
Fun place to work for college students and summer job
Host (Former Employee) –  Downtown ChicagoJune 1, 2016
As a host, your job doesn't change day to day. Some days are a lot busier than others, so you'll make a lot in tips. Gotta keep a smile on your face! Closing shifts sucks because you have to wait til the last person leaves, even if they come in 5min before closing.
Terrible place to work
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAApril 11, 2016
Management is too self centered to remember your an actual person(employee). Theres no real discount it comes out of your checks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainforest Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.