Rainforest Cafe Employee Reviews

Great company to work for, fast paced, high volume, fun, team work environment
Bar,Server,Banquet Mng,Sft Lead,Certified trainer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2017
I love working for Rainforest cafe, my co-workers are amazing, and management is the best! Our GM is the best GM I've ever worked for, he genuinely cares about us, we are not just numbers to him, and we all feel though he treats us with kindness and respect!
Fun but cut throat atmosphere
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 19, 2017
Fire you for the smallest thing, High Volume with major lack of management, pay is mediocre and staff is as well. You are just a number to landrys and they make you feel like you have to sell your soul to them to be successful or to move up the management ladder.
Pros
Atmosphere, Disney Tickets
Cons
management, pay, scheduling
This is my fun job!!!!!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2017
I have two jobs, and this is the fun one. I can only speak for the retail part of the restaurant, and I love it. Its Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney!!! Its fun and exciting, with visitors from all over the world, and the country. Very interactive with the guests; greeting, and talking, doing demos of the merchandise. As part of the retail team you get to walk through the dining room and take pictures of the guests, with or without props, its their choosing. You do get commission if they purchase a picture you took. Of course you do have to help reach the stores sales goal, and you also have to open Laundrys Select Club cards. That's not very difficult to do with so many tourists coming through, and the Laundrys cards having benefits good enough to sell themselves.
Pros
50% off meals for employees, Disney entrance free by working on Disney property.
Cons
Not full-time, this location relocating soon.
I feel this job was very easy and also showed me alot of other skills working in a kitchen that I did not know about.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 6, 2017
on a typical day at work I would start in the Morning so I would prep all meals for the day to be served like any restraint we had our specials of the day.
Pros
It was so simple to prep the meals its why i enjoyed it.
Cons
short breaks and lack of acknowledgment.
long time ago
Branch Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 14, 2017
I worked there over 13 years ago - a lot has changed I am sure. We had a good work crew at the time that loved to hang out - but the general manager was there just for the retirement.
Pros
good crew
Cons
management
Great sorce of income
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 11, 2017
This was probably my funnest job, and the income was great. I generally worked double shifts on weekends with about 4-5 hours on week days. Management was very uptight, but over all great place to start off.
slow business, good hours, not good money
Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 2, 2017
My serving job at Rainforest cafe' was at low income area. Not very busy and the money was not good. It was definitely a family friendly restaurant, and all about the kids. The management wasn't very good either.
Pros
good discount, work was close to home
Cons
not good money, horrible management
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Stressful at times, sometimes rude customers but for the most part it was fun and everyone was happy to be a part of the interactive restaurant. Fun coworkers.
Solid growth company
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Strong and growing company that offered lots of opportunity around the US. Built a good foundation in a fats paced and successful restaurant on a major Theme park.
server (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 22, 2017
Worked here in almost every role. Host, Server, Bartender, supervisor. Competitive and fast paced. Can make good money if you can handle the fast paced environment and all the service standards.
first job nevr forgot it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764September 18, 2017
it was my first job and i absolutely loved it. the company is awsome with grat growth opportunity. Owned by landrys so you get discounts on over 400 restaurants nation wide.
A horrible place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
This job will not provide you with any training and the managers will yell and criticize you when you aren't doing an amazing job but will not train you properly for you to even preform the job well. Also they do not care about your availability they will just schedule you however they please and expect you to come in on days you clearly do not availability on.
great company
cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
great place to work and learn fast paced food is amazing staff is good and friendly overall good company just didnt have the hours i required to live up on
Pros
foods good
Cons
no hours
Poor management
Hostess/Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
Managers favorite, unfair, rude and lazy.
When I first started with this company it was fun energetic and exciting but years have passed I never got a promotion like I was promised. I would be there working all day everyday, always worked overtime. Always stayed to help when other associates wouldn't show up.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 9, 2017
Fun place to work. I made really good money. There were a lot of long hours if you were working a double. Tipping out at the end of your shift is mandatory.
Learned a lot
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2017
This is the job where I learned more of the paperwork side of things, invoicing and food cost control and controllables. The other parts that make up the business side of things
High Volume Restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2017
The busiest place I've ever worked being that the restaurant was located in Disney Springs. We processed almost EVERY type of payment including payment via magic bands. The high volume taught me how to juggle several different things at once but to also move quickly.
Performance test
Busser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2017
This place was the definition of "survival of the fittest". non-stop work from the minute i clocked in, but it made me a monster on the floor. great place to see how good you are at what ever it is that you do.
if you like dealing with people this job is for you
Safari Guide, Food Server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2017
if customer service is your background you will love this job. you will meet alot of different people from all over the world. the only thing of it is is that you might come accross the problem of understanding thick accents
a great place for the whole family
frie cook/prep cook-flat top cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
managerment will work with you when times it get very busy and co/workers will jump im and help out i lke working at the rain forest cafe i learn something knew every day at work pre shif is fun
Pros
yes free food
Cons
breaks are good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainforest Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.