Raising Cane's

Raising Cane's United States Employee Reviews

Amazing culture involving crew and customers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Pearland, TXApril 8, 2015
This company really believes in and practices the belief that happy employees make productive employees. I really enjoyed working for them and had many opportunities for advancement. I only left for family reasons, but I still consider Raising Cane's my favorite job.
My high schhol job
Shift Captain (Former Employee), Monroe, LAApril 7, 2015
I worked this job while in high school. They worked with my school and sports schedual for a perfect balance. I had so much fun working there, The only down side was always smelling of chicken. I left on a possitive note, and visit when I have the chance.
Productive, fun work enviroment
Front Counter/ Fry Cook (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: food was good
Cons: late hours on school nights
Fast paced work days
Learned how to move fast and make food
Management was fair
Coworkers were upbeat and friendly
Hardest part of the job was the hours of operation
Most enjoyable was working as a team and having fun while working such as, singing, dancing while still making sure all work got done.
Good place to start working
Cashier (Former Employee), Shenandoah, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discounted chicken!
Cons: nothing really
Everyone was always so friendly when I would go in to clock in at work. I learned how to work under pressure and in a limited time period for the drive through. My managers were awesome, they helped out when I needed them. Coworkers complained a lot, but otherwise were pretty helpful. The hardest part about the job was probably closing. Everyone is wanting to leave ASAP so if you're not used to closing and do it slowly, be prepared for the complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing most of my friends and people I know come in to eat.
Standard fast food grind that pretends to be something else
Crew Member (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay, holidays off, fairly regular shifts.
Cons: management, lax guidelines and punishment implimentation
Pay is slightly better and all holidays are guaranteed off. Most of the crew members are excellent people with awesome dispositions, but the ones who are not are never dealt with. Management picks favorites and deals with issues by screaming in front of other coworkers. If you have a serious issue with the behavior of a coworker, going to management does absolutely nothing. This including all forms of harassment. Not coming in on your day off is the ultimate sin, and never, never get sick or you might be fired. It's a fast paced position with new challenges every day, and all the usual customer types. Standard cleaning and upkeep are expected, simple assignments.
Summery: The position is fine for its category, but the management is atrocious. Avoid unless you have an iron will.
Amazing place and amazing people
Server/ Cashier/ Cook (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 19, 2014
Pros: free food for ourselves and free food for family
Cons: nothing
Raising Cane's the a fast food restaurant where people comes to eat chicken finger. Yes just chicken fingers. We also have fries , toast, coleslaw and our special sauce, called cane sauce. I love working at cane because this place is incredibly amazing. i learned so many things working at Raising Cane's. I learned to socialize with other people, to be responsible,how to perform under pressure and lastly to i learned to work in team work. Every time we are so busy we focus and try to be a team and help each other. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-worker becomes my friends and learning to become my family also. Some of the people that work with me also hangs out with me before or after work.
Awesome If You Want It To Be
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: people, culture
Cons: high stress
If you like this line of work such as fast casual/quick service then this company is one of the best. It believes in what it does and provides its employees with benefits and praise galore.
An interesting environment with stress induced fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 19, 2014
Pros: half priced food, time and a half over 40 hours, satisfied customers
Cons: never a set schedule, rarely gotten out on time, half priced food
I would pull into the parking lot, not hating life, but not as enthusiastic as I should be. I walk in, receive several hello's and how are you's. My co-workers smile, as they should, to customers who enter. Then 11 a.m rolls around. "HIGH SCHOOL IS HERE!!" the most common words heard in that place. And it comes as a warning. Not only is the closest high school less than a mile away, but it's also normal lunch time for the career driven people.
In my opinion, keeping a positive attitude and staying focused will ensure that the day will not go sour. However, that's is a different story for the manager. Not only do they yell, more often than not profanity is shouted like a drunk fan at a football game. Let's just say our manager is no Peyton Manning. Every crew member feels his rage and tries to stay on task. Not always that easy, let me tell you.
However, it all makes sense. If we don't do our jobs, the manager isn't doing his job. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and if the highlight of your life is being a general manager at a fast up and coming chain, them that deserves respect. That was one of the many life lessons I learned during my fried chicken fingers adventure. Little things matter. And that makes the job more enjoyable!
Plus, the customers were what kept us going, and they are the best part. Not only is the food super mouth watering, it takes fast dining to a new level. Never once did I see a frown or unsatisfactory on the faces of anyone there. It was so hard not to smile at a happy customer, and it was hard to quit there because the customers gave me the drive to keep working hard.
Raising Cane's was without a doubt the most intense, most stressful, but most satisfying job I have had.
Once was a productive happy place that wound up going downhill
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LASeptember 29, 2014
I used to enjoy working at cane's until new management came in and changed everything
fun, laid back place to work
Fry Cook & Cashier (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 27, 2014
pretty tedious work but a laid back environment. management wasn't cohesive but workers got along for the most part.
Fun and fast-paced workplace.
Fry Cook/Cashier/Trainer/Captain (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2014
Pros: discounted food, semi-annual raise.
Cons: 30 minute unpaid breaks.
Great first job, working in a fast-food restaurant. Worked in a drive-thru and dine-in.
Great first job for anyone
Shift Captain (Former Employee), Harvey, LAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: lots of fun, great people
This was a very face paced place to work. If you know of Raising Cane's, you know that it is simply the place to go for a great, quick meal with exceptional customer experience. On a daily basis, my job varied from being a kitchen guy (cooking food, prepping sauces) to dish washing, to a drive thru attendant (this was my favorite, always busy, constant rush), to a cashier at the front counter. I met some interesting people here. People love their chicken. Co-workers were great, no matter who I worked with, there was always a great team. There was no hard part to this job, unless you were one of those who just could not keep up. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Fun and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: some co-workers were just completely rude
The typical day was taking customers orders and making sure everything was fully stocked and clean as well as making sure the customers had a great experience. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently under pressure. The management were pretty understanding and fun to work with. I absolutely loved most of my co-workers. I would have to say the hardest part of my job there was when I would be stuck doing drive-thru by myself, because I was not used to it yet, and I had no prior experience before working here. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with a variety of different people and helping others.
fast pace but fun
CHEF (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
Very personalities, a lot of motivation, many opportunities to move up in the company.
Very Productiuve, fun workplace
Cashier/Fry Cook (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch if asked. or if on an extended shift
Cons: no break unless shift is 8 hours or longer
A typical work day for me is kind of boring, but the tasks as a crew memeber like me specifically stating is not that bad for a fast paced worker like myself. my work day consists of getting food prepared, getting the staations in the kitchen set up. cleaning tasks.
Fast-paced, sometimes fun
Customer Service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2014
Job was okay whenever the manager was not yelling and scolding you for something that did not pertain to you. Starting pay was horrible, 7.55 and benefits are not good. Management loves to make favorites and pick only their favorites as team leaders and captains.
First job, got me introduced to the real world.
Cook (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 22, 2014
First job I ever held, really learned on the go, and it taught me alot about what to expect in the real world
Fun place to work at.
Cashier and Lobby Expo (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: fun, interactive
Very fun and flexible but needs more management involvement to help better our job and hours.
Fun workplace with emphasis on customer service and efficiency
Cashier and Fry Cook (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: discounts on food, monthly budget to spend on staff
Cons: short or nonexistent breaks, no shows weren't punished until management changed
I typically worked either the drive-thru or the front counter. Depending on how busy we were i would just take orders or run the whole drive-thru by myself. I also cross trained in the kitchen and learned how to cook most of the food. Our managers liked to say that if we had time to lean we had time to clean so we used our idle time to keep everything as spotless as possible.I got along with all of my coworkers and managers but we lost our general manager at the beginning of the last summer I worked so the other managers were stressed or disorganized for a couple months until our new general manager took over. I enjoyed working with my coworkers since we had a friendly atmosphere and our company would buy us food from other places to celebrate successful days. The hardest part of the job was when we would be understaffed and everyone would have to perform several jobs at once.
Quick paced, Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day would consist of going through the usual tasks and adapting to the high and low flow of customer orders.

1 2 3