Raising Canes Employee Reviews in United States

Very good team but bad management
Shift Captain (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2016
At Raising Cane's I walk in and get greeted by all my fellow co-workers. I clock in and head straight to fixing up the dining room. I have to stock everything, give out assignment for the crew so this job can get done in 3 minutes and not 15. Then I head to drive through and figure out what they need in order to get the people that need to leave out. All the while, I need to follow what managers need done. It is a lovely place to work, but the managers are unorganized and inspirited. You must Smile and have fun but no one does that here anymore.
Pros
half off lunch. and friendly co-workers
Cons
no benefits. rude managers. bad environment.
Very fun and great place to work
Shift Leader and bird specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working here because the enviroment and crew was awesome, friendly and we got to listen to music while making the food.
ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAApril 21, 2016
Raising Canes is a great job for first time workers. they are flexible for school schedule and it's a great environment with people who have great bubbly personalities.
Pros
in expensive food
Cons
low pay
Management leaves a lot to be desired
Cashier/Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 21, 2016
I have worked at three different Cane's store and this store was the worst experience for me. The GM is very hostile and short tempered and repeatedly yells at and brings down employees. He also gets too involved in the drama. The job itself is relatively easy but you have to keep moving and the store gets really busy. It also pays well.
Pros
Pay, 50% off food when you work.
Cons
High energy and high stress
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2016
Having worked for Cane's for over two years, I've seen hundreds of people come and go for a number of different reasons, not the least of which was management. There can be quite a bit of confrontation between managers and crewmembers without respect to the crewmember's point of view. That being said, I have formed a connection with my coworkers that would not have been possible without the environment.
Pros
Half off food 30 minutes before, after, during shift; connection with crew
ok place to work
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 18, 2016
It was great at first, but the longer I worked there the more on edge I became. The other crewmembers were constantly bullying me and the managers were in on it as well. The insane hours was the worst part. I felt as though I had no life outside of work and there were no opportunities to advance.
What I Learned?
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2016
I learned that you have to work as a team to achieve a task, especially big orders that came in. I also learned that making the customer experience blue collar with our product is the number one priority. That is why we constantly inspect our product to make sure it's good quality.
Pros
Discounted
Cons
Short 5 minute breaks
Work Hard and Have Fun, it's What We Do
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMarch 31, 2016
A great company with a fun culture. They recognize and reward hard work. I show up and know exactly what I am supposed to accomplish and I try to do a little more.
Pros
Fun, Great Management Team
Cons
High Crew member turnover
Terrible Management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2016
They will fire people who actually call out and have important things going on in their life over people who just started and only show up when they feel like it. They are never organized at all. They are rude and snooty as well and I dont think its right for management to act that way towards their employees.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2016
I was funny working on a college campus. I got to see all the college students make a fool out of themselves at times but good experience.
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
hours
Not very productive
Lobby Expo and Cashier (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 20, 2016
Pushed job responsibilities onto others
Customer management and patience
Good
Disorganized
Attitudes
Seeing people I know
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 20, 2016
LOTS of hours during the week... If you ask for more hours they'll work something out for you. Management wasn't really that good but its like that anywhere you go theres always going to be that one manager that goes over board for no reason
Great Place to Work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 14, 2016
Working hard and having fun are the fundamental principles that Cane's thrives on. At Cane's we strive to make the Perfect Box and enjoy doing so!
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Long & varying hours
Fun work place
Customer Service Cashier/Server/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 14, 2016
I enjoyed working as a team/I learned something new everyday while I worked there that benefited for each day ahead. Management was always there to keep us on track and was always helpful to us. Co-workers worked well together as a team with one another and was always helpful for what ever needed to be done for one another. The hardest part of the job was going home the end of the day when you were just getting started to prove what a good worker you can be. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a people person having communication with the public working with customer service.
Good work expierence
Cashier/ Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2016
Good initial job to start my career in the work environment.

Learning how to provide quality customer service and perform as a team member to deliver quality.
Fun work place , great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 2, 2016
Working at Cane's was one of the greatest experiences! The whole environment was fun! Our operations Manager was hands down the greatest manager I've ever had. The only part I hated was the general manager not respecting my availability and making coleslaw lol.
Pros
Half lunch, schedule on hotschedules, great co-workers
Cons
not enough hours, confused general manager
Productive work place, fun and rich in culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 1, 2016
Canes is a very fun work environment. They give you an ability to grow in the company. The crew is very diverse and easy to get along with. The company events every year are fun. Management tries their hardest to make everyone feel comfortable working their.
Productive and fast paced workplace with friendly staff and members
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work is normally busy, but it has its moments to keep you busy all day without boredom.

I've learned to work with a fast paced environment and to work with my hands more quickly, also using communication skills.

My co-workers were very friendly to everyone, even our guests. We used respectful verbal communication and got along as friends, not co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining order and neatness while the work becoming hectic with customers.
fun workplace
Crew Worker/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 28, 2016
the pay was not consistent with the job duties. It was definitely over worked under paid situation. This job is for anyone between the ages of 16 - 20.
easy and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 28, 2016
Working either the front or drive thru, cleaning, and sometimes food prep. Overall most of the people I worked with were nice and I'm still friends with them today. Every day that I went to work it was enjoyable.