Raising Canes Employee Reviews in United States

Great place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
Canes is a great place to work for, We get to close early on certain days and we are closed on holidays. They also care about us and they have great managers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hours
Ensure the freshest food to every customer
Fast Food Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 12, 2016
One if the best first jobs any teenage can have. They take pride in everything they do and have for years. Yes they are very strict but they take care of they employees.
it is a fun place to work
Cook/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westworth, TXJuly 6, 2016
I loved working g here it help me get my start in college and they support the homeless and education in a major way it is what i love you are a family one love it a true statement as the mote says
Pros
fverything to gain
Cons
Productive and a fun place to work
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKJuly 6, 2016
Raising Cane's is a great place to learn many new things. Cane's is a fun and safe place. Have outstanding crew that's there for you! And managers are there to help when you need it - also managers are very awesome at helping you succeed at every task you go for.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
N/A
Only work them if your young and have no work ethic
Crew (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXJuly 4, 2016
Their work culture is work is fun. Well management instills that in the new generation of young people which leaves no pride or work ethic in this up coming generation. Managers have inappropriate relationships with the crew members of all ages. There really seemed to be no standard for management to follow and no accountability for management to be held to.
Pros
Pays better than minimum wage
Cons
Immature, no accountability, no work ethic.
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 30, 2016
Raising Canes is the best place to work. It's a very calm place that teaches you a lot of things in the real world. The management is awesome and understandable. The most enjoyable part of the job is to create that bond with your customer and making them happy with their order and if their is a problem they understand and you will be able to fix it for them.
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 29, 2016
Wasn't bad, sometimes too busy to think straight but over all not an overly stressful place to work.
Managers usually have your back on things.
I really liked the food, I wish we had a better discount or something. Sorry not sorry, no way I'm paying nearly full price for food that I've been prepping and cooking all day. No benefits of course, so the least you can throw do us is a free meal now and again.
Pros
Managers are cool.
Cons
No real food discount. Weirdly protective over food, too. Will throw it in the trash can before giving it to any employee.
fun workplace
Cashier, Fry Cook, & Trainer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
it was a fun and exciting place to work at. the employees loved to have fun. the flow of business was a little weird but we managed to get the job done. management was okay.
Fast paced but Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 27, 2016
We were allowed to sing and have fun at wok but we had to be able to stay focused and get our work done in a timely manner and serve our customers with a friendly and quick service
Productive environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 26, 2016
Fast paced environment, with ample opportunities to improve oneself in order to move up within the company. Everyone has a great opinion about the company itself, and very rarely do you see/hear a negative thing.
Pros
long shifts, easy to obtain hours, great environment
Cons
Fast paced
i loved working here
cashier (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXJune 26, 2016
great communication throughout the entire team. great team work. great place to work. everyone was very caring and there if or when you needed them
Pros
amazing people and company
Cons
making lemonade was no fun
Great friendly place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 20, 2016
I Liked my managers and crew members, I worked very hard to accomplish my jobs and also helped other with there's. My managers were great and friendly. I learned how to work well with others and time management
fun place to work
Crew Member/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 15, 2016
It's a fun place to work. although, management is always coming and going. I did not agree with the way the GM ran the store. Really took advantage of hard workers and let the people who didnt want to work do whatever.
Fun and family like environment but lacked organization
crew member/certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2016
Very enjoyable workplace, but the disorganization of management caused me to really dislike my job. A typical day at Raising Cane's was fast paced and highly demanding. The hardest part of the job is working drive thru. It is the hardest position in the restaurant, and requires you to multitask between three to five different things. Overall Raising Cane's was a great first job, but the lack of management got old.
Pros
free lunches, environment, customer interaction
Cons
management, scheduling
Fun Place
Cashier/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 10, 2016
Working at Canes is a fun place. I wanted to be a part of management but I am not able to do it. I like the things that we do within the company. It is a really fun place to work when you don't have opposition coming towards you.
Raising Canes
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2016
At all the Canes I had the opportunity to work, there was always a common theme. The salaried managers worked more then 55 hours a week. This included having to be on your phone all the time. meetings, and community involvement events that lasted all day, office work, and last but not less; the having to be in hourly positions often. Because of the staffing issues. Canes does give you PTO and they are closed most major holidays which is nice... But it does not balance out the time you spent working in the building and doing community involvement. I have seen company's get this right. Canes has not!!! They do play great music at the restaurants and they like for Crew members to be themselves and have fun. Management above the GM level is helicopter management. They hover over everything you do making if very hard to feel like your trusted.
Pros
Most Crew members get major holidays off.
Cons
General Managers having to work more hours then need be.
raising canes
cook and trainer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2016
fast food people coming in ordering a lot of food. some people positive energy some not. hard work everyday we clean day and night. its a family environment everybody helps everybody. manager are cool and they have open door policy. my co-workers are like my family we work together to achieve the task at hand given. the hardest part is when groups of people walk in and in drive thru too. then we are slammed everywhere but we get the job done. we have fun at the end of the day and try to out do each other
Pros
discount food and raises vary on hard work every 6 months
Cons
breaks whenever, move up in ranks easily
It is a good High school or College job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJune 7, 2016
The managers always worked with me on my schedule for college. They let us trade shifts freely as long as we did not get overtime for it. The kitchen was kept clean and it made me feel like i wanted to eat there.
Pros
Able to trade shifts. Did not have to clock off for breaks.
Cons
Not the best benefits. Lots of standing.
Friendly environment that encourages teamwork and diversity
Cane's Crew (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 7, 2016
Overall Raising Cane's was a fun experience. A great place to work where teamwork is encouraged with little to no employee in fighting. All personalities meshed incredibly well and allowed for a diverse set of opinions in tackling any new challenge.
Pros
Great Environment, Great Food, Great Management
Cons
You had to pay for meals
great place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 7, 2016
this is by far the best place that i have ever worked. They have a great environment. The care a lot about their employees and you can move up really quick with this company.

4.4