Helps patients by providing clinical assistance in the office of Physicians and Mid-level Providers in the Durham office location. The CMA will work with adult and pediatric patients.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Answer messages in the electronice health record as directed by the Provider or Registered Nurse.
-Must have current certification in the field of Medical Assisting.
-1+ Years of experience preferred.
-Pediatric or Family Practice experience preferred.
Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork
Indeed - 18 months ago