Helps patients by providing clinical assistance in the office of Physicians and Mid-level Providers.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Answer messages in the electronice health record as directed by the Provider or Registered Nurse.
-Must have current certification in the field of Medical Assisting.
-1+ Years of experience preferred.
Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork
Raleigh Neurology, the area's premier group neurology practice, established the Sleep Medicine Program in response to the increasing...