Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic Employee Reviews

Management and Job growth
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27614September 12, 2017
No room for growth. The management has no passion for her employees. There is no way for employees to contact her except texting, which does not work. She does not return text or calls in a timely manner.
Pros
Great Benefits
Ridiculous
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2017
Working here, you are expected to do the work of 5 employees and have no complaints. This employer is extremely understaffed and does not bear the needs of the employees in mind whatsoever. It's almost as if it's every man for themselves.
Pros
They pay well.
Cons
Not worth it
Very productive work environment with friendly staff; lacked departmental management
Front Office Specialist/Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with "fantastic" coworkers, the diverse group of patients, the charitable side of the practice which donated to various organizations and also the compensation/benefits were great! The only downfall for me was the lack of department management leadership and vague communication style. You really don't know how your performance vs competence will be measured.
Pros
Friendly staff, clean work environment and "Denim Day" Fridays
Cons
Lack of management leadership and vague communication
TOXIC work environment
HelpDesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2016
IT director horrible micromanager. High CSR turnover rate. Very stressful environment overall. Out of 37 surgeons, 5 would actually speak/communicate with you as a human being, the rest treated you like a peasant.

Funniest day on the job, when I announced I was quitting. It was hilarious - people stopping me in the hallway and CONGRATULATING ME! One supervisor pulled me in her office, sat me down and gave me a cup of coffee to cheerfully congratulate me.
Incredible. My response to everyone - "uh, you know you can find another job too ya' know? Economy might be bad, will take time, BUT you can escape!"

Two best days on the job - the day I was hired, and the day I left.
Pros
Cons
toxic atmosphere, majority of surgeons holier than thou spoiled primadonnas.
Love working the doctors
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 5, 2016
Checking in and out patients, posting payments, working with the doctors and clinical staff. Working along with my co-worker and having teamwork in place is a plus when it comes to a successful day.
productive work environment
Surgical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2016
work day is about 9 hrs
half day off
I enjoy helping others
smooth work flow
excellent staff
convenient locations to help patients
physical therapy at all locations
specialty doctors
Workers Compensation Billing Specialist
Workers Compensation Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMarch 15, 2016
I really loved my job it was always something new everyday to tackle and I worked very hard to resolve any issues in correcting and accounts for us to be able to collect payment. I enyoyed talking to people outside Workers Compensation Insurance Adjusters, The NCIC Commission, and many Attorneys and paralegals. I also enjoyed being able to resolve issues for any of the Doctors or nurses in trying to get information in billing or to get something authorized. I enjoyed helping patients in any issues they had with billing. I learned a lot in the years I was with the clinic and worked hard to be a team member with the staff. I retired in 2015 but am still fully qualified to work part time not only for an income but to be out and working with people is something I really enjoy.
Pros
Accessible to any training when available
Former employee
RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh ClinicJanuary 10, 2016
Awful place to work. Other employees very "clickish". You'll never fit in unless you were there when it first opened. Salary bad, benefits super expensive and poor quality. Patients are treated like numbers, Nurses are robots. Management stinks, no orientation, you are thrown right in, and are constantly been scrutinized for everything you DON'T do the robotic way. You are not even allowed to converse with the patients. Post op patients are kicked out before thieir eyes are open from anesthesia. Doctors are arrogant, except anthesthiologist. CRNA's think they are better than everyone else.
Long hours, barely any breaks. You work 10 hours that turns into 12.
And if the place is slow, you are told to go homes, without pay.
Basically Doctor owned and all they care about is the money; get them in, get them out.....money, money, money.
Stay away, far away.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
The entire place, you work like a servant and get paid like one.
Great Place
Appointment Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCSeptember 21, 2015
Great place to work. Pay is good. Mangement is good. Love working for them..I work part-time for ROC. Great part-time postion.
Excellent job opportunties
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2015
Raleigh Orthopaedic is a great work place. They strive on making the patients care their top priority. The team work I believe is one of best that I have experienced.
Productive place to work.
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2015
I have learned quite a lot from my position at Raleigh Orthopaedic. My co-workers are great to work with. The most enjoyable part is advancing in my customer service skills at such a rapid pace with each patient that I am able to help.
Compliance
Manager, Central Billing Office (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 19, 2015
This group had deep seated compliance issues that they weren't interested in reviewing/ updating any time soon and did not trust their certified coders to be able to abstract correct codes. There was also a lack of communication through the director level and the billing office was isolated with very little contact with the providers.
Pros
Bonus structure for quarterly bonuses based on performance
Cons
The needed collaboration with the front side of the revenue cycle was weak
Stay away!!!!
Former (Former Employee) –  RaleighFebruary 25, 2013
Worst management ever!! This place has the HIGHEST turnover you could ever imagine. There is a lot of tic-for-tac, you are told more of what you're doing wrong then being told about the good you do. The supervisors there are CLUELESS! The employees do ALL the work & cover for them. The PA's complains as well. Trust me...the pitch before you are hired sounds great! But BEWARE! It is a different story once you're in there. Also, be prepared to learn on your own because again, the supervisors have NO CLUE! They will throw you in without hardly any training.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
benefits, micro managed, not trust worthy
extended family
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2012
good place to work, long hours... a lot to learn, but good doctors, PAs and other co workers..
Xray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 17, 2012
Typical orthopaedic clinic which means we were very busy in the xray department which I did not mind. Liked my co-workers and the doctors. Management was okay.