Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Employee Reviews

love the environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 13, 2017
ive been shopping at raleys for over 18 years and i absolutly love the employees and love the managment. everyone is nice and verry helpful. i love shopping there nand am gonna be shopping there for as long as i live
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Good as any, better than many
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2017
It's not the logo on the building or the managers you support, it's the effort and professionalism you put out everyday that makes a job enjoyable. Overall, if you come from other large retailers, you will be glad you made the move.
Pros
Micro managing isn't excessive
Cons
Everyone not on the same page. Supervisors don't share common company views and support.
Busy environment with good benefits
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 12, 2017
I enjoy all of my co workers, have made friends working here, I gained a whole new huge level of general labor skills, my job task includes selecting and pulling orders using my forklift, as well as loading orders onto trucks. Enjoy busy environment, hardest part is huge orders and keeping up with numbers as well as the schedule working sometimes.
Pros
great pay and benefits and team
Cons
working hours
Fantastic place to work at
Front End Clerk (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 9, 2017
Raley's is a great place to work. The management is fantastic, the customers are great, and their is no drama in the work place. I love talking and helping the customers, as well with my co-workers. Raley's has a great family environment that is great to work in. All of the managers at my store work hard to keep this environment as friendly as possible. Management also try their hardest to work with their employees needs and circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the customers. Though I have a lot of fun at my job, the hardest part about the job is the unset schedule. Though Raley's is a great place to work at.
Pros
I have great co-workers and employers. Also the customers are very nice.
Cons
The unset schedule makes it hard to plan my life around my job.
Good place to start
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 7, 2017
I started working here straight out of high school, and it gave me valuable experience in customer service. The workplace culture is friendly and accepting, and I enjoyed the time I spent there. If you plan on staying with the company, I would advise you to look for opportunities to advance, as the entry level jobs pay an entry level wage. This wasn't an issue for me when I first started out, but became a concern as I got older.
Pros
Good starting job, benefits
Cons
Long hours on feet, low pay
Fun place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 5, 2017
My co-workers are the best. We are like one big family and we all work well together. The health insurance could be better and they could have more opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Only know your schedule a week out, no set schedule
Fun and energetic place to work
Ecart team (Current Employee) –  Loomis, CAAugust 4, 2017
Super fun place to work, everyone becomes your family. Love going into work everyday. With doing Ecart you are always on the move with having to get your customers order picked on time which can be stressful at times but is very due able. Throughout my two years i have worked here i have learned to not be so shy, having a work place like this gives you the chance to grow and learn new things which is what i love! Seeing my customers walk away with a smile on their face when they walk out of the store legs me know im doing my job well and it makes me feel good.
Pros
company parties in the back room!
Cons
Not the best communication
Team oriented company
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2017
A typical work day consisted of me assisting customers find items, checking for items in stock, and returning ''go back' items to its designated spot. Overall, the workplace culture is very team orientated.
nice place to work
Deli Clerk/Kitchen Prep Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAAugust 2, 2017
management is very structured and forthcoming. job duties are straightforward great first job but gets stale in terms of testing your ability and challenging yourself
this jjob paid alot of money and had alot of advantages
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 1, 2017
I love the people who work here and the little community they were able to work up. their is definitely area to advance in the company so that is always nice.
Pros
1 hour lunches, 2 10 min breaks
Cons
Hard work
Good company to work for
RELIEF FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2017
If you're in for the long run and mind your business, you're in the right place. The company rewards good employees, that come to work to give their best!
great place for a first job
Apprentice Meat Cutter/Deli Clerk/ Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 22, 2017
They expect way to much out of you for what they pay you. it would be better to get a job at mcdonalds then this place. but you can learn a lot from this place I did
Pros
learn alot do to them pushing you to your limit's
Cons
bad management
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2017
A typical day for me is being a cashier and assisting customers with any questions they may have about items in the store. Also, When it it slow, Cashiers can face the aisles, clean the checkstands and stock the shelves.
Pros
Guaranteed 24 hours per week.
Cons
Short Breaks, Although we are guaranteed 24 hours per week it is still not enough to make a living.
Raleys preview
Operation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 17, 2017
Raleys made me who I am today. They taught me how to be a leader and taught me how to respect all collegues. A typical day for me at raleys would be cashiering, helping customer needs, buiding end displays and monitoring the outer depts.
Lots of hard work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJuly 15, 2017
When I started at Raley's , it as fun. I had great bosses, then after a few years, it seemed to start going down hill.
New policies, new sales permanent hour numbers, etc.....
Then it really became a dog eat dog world.
The colleagues I worked with most , became some of my closest and dearest friends.
Pros
Health benefits, 401K
Cons
Do a good job, very little feed back. Make a mistake, they never let you forget it!
The people working there are experienced and kind to everyone.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Loomis, CAJuly 11, 2017
The work environment is fast paced but reasonably so, and the community is kind hearted and caring. Has great management with fair hours and pay for everyone.
Raley's is a very family oriented company to work with and has lots of fun people to work with.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJuly 10, 2017
My typical day at work is coming in and look t my display case and making sure it is full and ready for the customers to look at and choose what dessert they would like to purchase. I then start to decorate the cake that customers had ordered. I love working and making different designs everyday. Management are excellent there. We are all like a big family. The hardest part of my job is having to go home at the end of the day.
Pros
2 minutes from my home
Cons
more hours
Fun workplace with a variety of employees and oppurtunities for them.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 7, 2017
I was the only girl in that department, and soon after joining it, I was promoted to the 3rd man" the department.
A typical day at work was an 8 hour shift broken in to two four hour shifts with an hour lunch in between. Employees had 10 min breaks in between every two hours.
Management was unprofessional, for the most part.
The hardest part of the job was the physical strength that was required. I am a black belt, so it wasn't impossible.
I loved my job at Raleys
Food service clerk (Former Employee) –  166 placerville dr Placerville Ca 95667July 7, 2017
I was very proud to say I worked for Raleys it was a very big part of my life. Got to know many people customers and coworkers included I took a lot of pride in my work and learned a lot from Raleys
Pros
The satisfaction of knowing you worked for a wonderful company
Great company!
Retail Clerk/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 6, 2017
Super company to work for. Customer service oriented, great pay and medical benefits. Looking to bring the grocery work ethic to a new company, that appreciates hard work, attention to detail, positive attitude, and the years of experience making customers the number one priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill. Our community is ready to answer.

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Reviews by Location