Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Employee Reviews

productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 22, 2018
flexible hours and worked around school schedules. the people and managers were very understanding. The job area was very productive and the main goal was to get he job done but keep the customer happy.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
assigned shifts to certain people
Great place to work for
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94566January 21, 2018
Working in the café department was fun and easy. Getting to know the regulars and overall providing a welcoming experience for all customers. The greatest part was providing samples and trying some samples. The most difficult was trying to not make a mistake during peek hours.
Pros
Lunch breaks and 15 min breaks
Cons
No healthcare for part-time employees
Good Entry Level Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Raley's is a good place for kids out of High School. If you are going to college, I wouldn't recommend working here. They are touchy with your schedule and don't work around other jobs.
Depends on Management
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I worked at Raley's for about two months and immediately noticed a level of sexism that the managers had. Female courtesy clerks and other female employees that work at the front end to have to deal with sexist managers. I hope it was just at the store that I worked at.
Other than sexism and slight bullying from older employees the work environment was mostly relaxed. It helps to have a group of fellow employees that you get along with.
Fast paced fun coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Usually constant busyness from ten till about eight, good loyal customers, fun crew to work with, understanding managers whose one goal is to improve each employee as necessary
It was good while it lasted
Clerk/Cashier and step up management (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 28, 2017
I worked for the company for a 11 years. As a whole the company is good to work because of the hours and benefits. After the strike and ownership change the dynamics of th company has completely changed. It use to be about the workers and now manangement is lacking. It’s like walking on egg shells and it’s everyone for themselves.
Pros
Hours/ benefits
Cons
Management/ work life balance
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CADecember 27, 2017
It was alot to do, the management was all messed up with the chain of command. to co workers are mean to the customers and mean to you. the most enjoyable part was washing dishes, cooking the food and making the sandwiches.
Pros
free sample cookies
Cons
union is terrible
Good job, caring people
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 27, 2017
Very good training, managers work to get you where you want to be, given a fair chance at jobs. Very nice group of people working there. Great place with a great environment.
Clerk jobs almost a janitor position
Courtesy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 23, 2017
When I took on this job, I was not told I would have to clean toilets or anything of the sort. Courtesy Clerks not only collect carts and bag groceries, we also had to collect garbage around the store, clean the store (tables, sweep floor, etc.), help out other departments, and perform other duties as well.
Striving for Greatness
Pharmacist in Charge (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 23, 2017
Raley's is family owned and they strive to promote a Family Culture in the workplace. Store management supports the departments fairly well and upper management tries very hard to promote a positive work place, a diverse work place, a Team approach
Pros
10% or more discount at the store, good benefits at a fair price to employees
Cons
salary is less than what other chain pharmacies pay
Family run company
Director Strategic Pricing (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2017
The company is changing with a new COO, but it is a small feel company that is trying to change and keep up with the current business trends. There are long term good people there but they are scared of the changes so they do the bare minimum. If they can get a few more of the long term people on board with the changes that need to be made it will be a successful company to work for.
Pros
family run company, 10% discount on groceries
Cons
fear of change
Great work culture and fun place to work with.
Accounting Clerk/Pharmacy Receivable (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2017
The typical day at work at Raley's was about normal average office work environment. There are days we very busy and that is during Holiday Seasons and there are some days that you are bored, because we are pretty much doing the same thing over and over. What I've really appreciated that I've learned from working at Raley's was working with the fixed assets department. I learned how to capitalized large value of different types of equipment they used and capitalized new and remodel stores, pharmacy production and bakery production. I've also learned on how to processed and activated large volume of giftcards. Workplace culture is very family oriented and they had their own non-profit organization that they supported (Food for Family). The hardest part of the job at Raley's was during the down fall of the economy, because they had to cut-down on jobs, with that being said we had to take on more job responsibilities with no pay increase for 3 years and they also stopped matching the 401K contribution. The most enjoyable part of the job at Raley's was every Holiday Seasons, few of our vendors will provided free breakfast to all corporate employees and free samples of their new products. The other enjoyable part was when I given the opportunity to visit the new Bel Air store in San Ramon, CA and their production bakery, because I got to see the finished store that I capitalized and the able to see those large equipment that we replaced that I also capitalized. I also enjoyed the sample sales that they offered to the employees, we got to purchase general merchandise for bargain price.
Pros
Pension, discount on GM products, store advantage card
Cons
Healthcare, 401K match, and career advancement
Good people, Family oriented and fair pay.
Assistant Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 30, 2017
High stress environment with a lot of redeeming qualities including the Team Members and fair pay. Flexible hours and willingness to work around Team Members schedules.
Pros
Fair pay.
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement.
Very unhappy employees in my experience.
Grocery/Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CA 95628November 27, 2017
I experienced low moral among my co-workers. Veteran employees were unhappy with the union. Benefit package changed not favoring new hired employees..
Amazing
HR (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2017
If you want to work at a company that will develop you and help you work towards your dream position, join Raley's. Raley's corporate office is full of extremely talented and caring individuals that are eager to help each other and make shopping easier, better and more personal for our customers.
Pros
awesome people, great pay, good medical benefits
Back and forth slow to fast paced
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 19, 2017
It was alright for a summer job The hours are decent. I personally didn't enjoy my time there as an employee. The work was very strenuous for the pay I recieved.
Good People
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CANovember 17, 2017
Most of my experience with people who work at a Raley's location is pretty nice and welcoming. You have some really bad ones but in all its a good place
Pros
1 hour lunch, overtime, 10 min breaks
Cons
Long commitment, Bad Schedule
Extremely hard work, little pay, cheap company.
Courtesy Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 9, 2017
I am a current bel air employee (courtesy clerk) at a high performing store. It is a good job because
I get benefits but it seems the best days are behind this company. They really don't care about there employees, pensions are drying up, clerks haven't had raises in years, pressuring clerks to leave with sybatticles.
I am currently refusing to get promoted because it's just a 10 cent raise for 10 times the work and responsibility. (I already get the 28 hours a week as a courtesy clerk!)
The minsescule raises for clerks are out ragous. About every year you get a 10 cent raise. With all the cost cutting the company is doing i hope they are getting close to selling out to someone who will do a Trader Joe's style approach at paying employees (starting at $15 an hour + raises based on random reviews every few months). Sounds crazy but it will be interesting to see what cheapo raleys does as the CA minimum wage goes up slowly over the next few years to $15 an hour. As, in years passed they have cut hours, unfairly renegotiated contracts, taking insensitives away from long time cashiers and CCs

My advice would be to not work at raleys or Safeway and apply to places like Trader Joe's, sprouts, grocery co ops etc. These places spoil their employees because they can afford too because they are non union and making tons of money
Pros
Cool bosses, benefits, long lunches.
Cons
Lack of hours at first, unlivable pay, minuscule pay
productive busy and challenging
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 8, 2017
Very busy. Lots of cooking and displays to make. Timely cooking for lunch and dinners. Fun yet challenging. Good and bad management combined into one.
Good for a temporary job but will hurt your body if you're looking for a long term career.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Natomas, Sacramento CANovember 8, 2017
When you first start out they will keep you on call for at least 8 months and for at least 3 you will be on call for 10 hour night shifts. After that they put you on call for days too, which means they'll flip flop you to work on days and nights as much as they want. Sometimes you won't get a day off for 2-3 weeks. When you rise in seniority you will be able to go on call for days only or get a schedule for a 40 hour work week on nights only. There are better offers for even higher seniority positions but I've only been here for 9 months and that's what I've been offered. This job is very physically demanding. You'll be required to lift up to 85 lbs continuously some days. There is also a 6 month probationary period where it's not advised to call in sick otherwise you're likely to be fired. My last complaint is the management. Supervisors don't care about you or what you're doing in your life. They'll call you relentlessly, day after day if they if they see fit. The upside is, you make a lot of money for an entry level job. You start out with 17.50/hour, get a dollar raise after 6 months, and a dollar raise after working so many hours I would recommend this job to young, single, strong minded people.
Pros
Pays well, good benefits, work with cool people.
Cons
Short breaks, very hard on your body, supervisors don't care about you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill. Our community is ready to answer.