Raley's

Raley's Employer Reviews

Great place with supporting cast
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), West Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2014
I did my intern at Raley's as a pharmacy technician. Every member of the staff was helpful.
In store- Customer Sevice
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented business
The responsibilities of the job is proving optimal customer service and cleanliness of the store. Some tasks consist of ordering and directing customers to their desire products. There is additional care to their uprising concerns with their shopping needs and product accessibility.

The environment is upbeat and enjoyable for the workers to make the – more... atmosphere an inviting experience for customers. – less
Weatherization Specialist
Selector (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: i was a quick learner and efficient with everything i did.
Cons: i might slow down working to do the job right. speed is not always good.
When i first started at the California conservation Corp, I was assigned to do landscaping for Devils Canyon water pipes maintenance. The crew and I would take care of weeds growing around the pipes. We also went to other parts in Southern California to do landscaping work. During my second year, we got the opportunity to do weatherization training. – more... We started doing that with a variety of companies and it was fun. I had an interesting experience with the whole job training experience. The management was always efficient and train people well. – less
stressfull
Deli Department Clerk (Current Employee), San Pablo, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: good sandwiches
Cons: short breaks, little pay
Mean and unhappy managers, little pay, long hours, angry customers.
Accounting Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), 500 West Capitol Avenue, West SacrtamentoMay 7, 2014
Pros: stable
Cons: they could not offer me the part-time that i needed
*Paid Vendor Invoices
*Handled all outstanding, Over and Underpaid invoices
*Communicated with store Managers and Vendors
Raley's is very clean and organized and allows you to explore you're creativity and acknowledges your hard work
Clerk/Food Service Clerk (Current Employee), Redding, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, samples of anything new that comes into the bakery and deli, and benifits!
Cons: schedules are not set in stone and hours vary
A typical day at work for most of the crew is going to work a little bit early than your scheduled time and grabbing a cup of peets coffee and see what friends you are working with that day and what list of projects for you to do are laid out for the day. BE ORGANIZED!!! I cannot stress enough how much nicer it is if you are organized. IT doesn't help – more... just you but it also helps you're entire team to where the next day if you come into work, you will have so much less to worry about as far as getting your'e job done! management will always acknowledge your hard work and reward you with gift cards for the store if you make an effort at you're job and display great customer service! After all.. if you go into an establishment and the person at the register or behind the counter isn't even acknowledging you're existence or is displaying a negative attitude.. you are less likely to enjoy you're time there and it can even ruin your day as well. A simple smile can be contagious! The hardest part of any retail job is getting the one customer that is clearly in a bad mood or is having a bad day because they will pick at anything. Even if you are being friendly and as helpful as possible, it is important to remember that you don't know what has happened to put them there so don't judge. Always be patient, and kind. They are only right at that time being. haha. The best part of working at Raley's is being able to see that customer walk away happy and so grateful that YOU were the one that helped them and displayed such wonderful, helpful, and friendly service towards them. IT seems corny to think that is the best part; but once you do see it and you know you are appreciated, it does make you feel just so proud and good about yourself. Also another great thing about working at Raley's is all the new friends you make. – less
Great experience
Clerk (Former Employee), Napa, caApril 2, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: management
I was promoted after three months of employment and during my time there, I went through every department.
Loved working here.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: health care, generous pay, thorough training
Cons: no tips
I would love to be able to get back in at Raley's. Since I moved back to the area I have been trying to get my job back. Unfortunately the store manager I had is no longer there otherwise I'm sure I would have been rehired by now.
Customer service
Deli/bakery clerk (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 11, 2014
Customer service was the number one part of my job. Sanitation had to be followed at all times to ensure the health and safety of our customers.
This was a relaxed and straighforward place to work.
Clerk (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: union in some locations, stable schedule, overtime.
I worked at Raley's for quite a while. I was in a union store and loved working there. The part of the job was interacting with people and getting to know folks from around town.
Great company with great medical benefits.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great health benefits.
Cons: revolving managers.
You learn a lot about the public. You learn how to work as a team. The management changes a lot. The co-workers become family. The hardest part of the job is the flexible hours. The most enjoyable part is the co-worker interaction.
Very repetitive
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: repetitive
Very fast past environment with lots of deadlines that needed to be met and they definitely pay well and keep you on your toes, however every day was the same as the other, so I never really got much enjoyment out of working for this company.
Flexible and fun work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Raley's was a great college job. They worked around my schedule and after years of seniority, gave me great hours. Here, I was a man of many hats. I was given stocking duties, learned how to set displays and even filled out line sheets in a short lived "head courtesy clerk" position which was honorary. I also acquired many life long friends their which – more... I still talk to today. My only complaint would be that my school schedule (at the time) didn't allow for advancement, but I wouldn't take back my time there for the world. – less
Great company to work while attending school, but not great for making it as a career.
Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great experience for your future career.
Cons: not much room for promotions, takes many years to top out and not enough hours.
The pay is good, but management make you do more than what you are suppose to do. It's a great starter job to get experience customers service and sales. Co-workers are great and they help you get through the day, for the most part.
Holidays over worked. Tite budget, high prices cause alot of work and no hours to do it in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: descent money
Cons: budget cut to my position
All in a days work. I set price changes and sales ad as a Scanner, The Store Office Manager Head of Book Keeping and Customer Service Dept. as well as being the Post Master of the Postal Services.
Great Place to Work!
Deli Clerk/Peet's Coffee Clerk (Former Employee), Tracy, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: pay
I worked at Raley's for over two years, and was cross-trained between the Deli, Coffee Shop, and Front-end. Management is very nice and the pay is okay.
Productive and comfortable work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: low hours
A typical day at work consists of performing your individual duties as well as working alongside others for a functional work ennvironment. I have learned the skills needed to provide superior customer service as well as many other skills that would prove to be an assest to multiple companies. Management as well as co-workers work well as a unit and – more... understand the importance of respect and teamwork. The difficult area of the job was learning new departments, on the other hand over a short amount of time it all became second nature. – less
Corporate Position Good
Sr. Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: pay, security
Cons: hours (retail)
I was in a corporate position with the company but worked in the field in Asset Protection. The company and upper management was great until they hired someone from outside (east coast) who changed everything around, and took away a lot of little things like two days off in a row, making every have split days off. Moral went down, and I left the company. – more... I have been told that problem VP was terminated, but some of the effects that she caused still linger today some 4 years later. I would consider going back, as I liked it there. it was a good company overall. – less
Raley's
Customer service representative (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2013
it was a great company.
answered calls, emails, and filed complaints
mailed membership cards and updated accounts.
bookkeeper
Head Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Fair OaksAugust 28, 2013
Pros: fast paced, good people to work with
Cons: only part time work
my typical day: I started at 2am counting/balancing 26 tills, daily deposits, payroll,171's, answering phones, balancing end of day paper work. I loved the people I worked with . All are very nice people and I became close with alot of them.

1 2 3

About Raley's

Raley's has to stock plenty of fresh fruit and great wines -- it sells to the people that produce them. The company operates about – Read more