Raley's

Raley's Employer Reviews

Raleys
Clerk (Former Employee), Manteca, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: potlucks
I started as a bagger at Raley's in June of 2012, My typical day was just to bag groceries, assist customers to their cars if they wanted, and maintain the place clean. I was shortly promoted to Clerk and I loved it. I felt more connected with the customers and some regulars learned my name. I learned, through Raley's, how to be patient, how to keep – more... my thoughts to myself, and how to word certain things differently. When I first started, my store had the absolute best store director and assistant store director. They always made me comfortable, I didn't feel weird or hesitant to ask them about anything, and when calling in sick, they were both very understanding. The management that supervised us at the checkstands was phenomenal! All three ladies are such hard workers, so sweet, and very understanding in situations. My co-workers were the best part of my day. I have such a strong bond with them, even now that I am no longer with the company. They will forever be my, "Raley's family". Hardest part of my job was trying to stay calm, and knowing the right things to say when a customer is upset with you or the service someone has given them. The most enjoyable part is knowing you've made a difference in someone's day; whether it was just being there, telling them a cheesy joke, making a flower arrangement, just seeing someone satisfied with the service I have provided, was very rewarding. – less
Great Co-workers and tremendous customers
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento,CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly envirnment
Cons: hours
Typical day at work consisted of working at the cash register, inputting patients refills for pharmacy tech. or pharmacist to fill, and organizing prescriptions.
Positive Environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: employee discount, opportunities for advancement, benefits, union
I loved working at Raley's! everyone was very friendly and provided all the tools you needed to be successful in your field including training and encouragement.
Slow, easy going work place
PHARMACY INTERN (Former Employee), Manteca, CASeptember 9, 2014
Not very busy. Friendly staff. Great sandwiches. Ample parking
great place to work for
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 2, 2014
loved working here every one was nice and friendly it was a small town every one new each other..
A very good company to work for
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
The best employer I've had. Pay and benefits are great. Work days are busy but not unbearable.
Great place with supporting cast
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), West Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2014
I did my intern at Raley's as a pharmacy technician. Every member of the staff was helpful.
In store- Customer Sevice
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented business
The responsibilities of the job is proving optimal customer service and cleanliness of the store. Some tasks consist of ordering and directing customers to their desire products. There is additional care to their uprising concerns with their shopping needs and product accessibility.

The environment is upbeat and enjoyable for the workers to make the – more... atmosphere an inviting experience for customers. – less
Weatherization Specialist
Selector (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: i was a quick learner and efficient with everything i did.
Cons: i might slow down working to do the job right. speed is not always good.
When i first started at the California conservation Corp, I was assigned to do landscaping for Devils Canyon water pipes maintenance. The crew and I would take care of weeds growing around the pipes. We also went to other parts in Southern California to do landscaping work. During my second year, we got the opportunity to do weatherization training. – more... We started doing that with a variety of companies and it was fun. I had an interesting experience with the whole job training experience. The management was always efficient and train people well. – less
stressfull
Deli Department Clerk (Current Employee), San Pablo, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: good sandwiches
Cons: short breaks, little pay
Mean and unhappy managers, little pay, long hours, angry customers.
Accounting Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), 500 West Capitol Avenue, West SacrtamentoMay 7, 2014
Pros: stable
Cons: they could not offer me the part-time that i needed
*Paid Vendor Invoices
*Handled all outstanding, Over and Underpaid invoices
*Communicated with store Managers and Vendors
Raley's is very clean and organized and allows you to explore you're creativity and acknowledges your hard work
Clerk/Food Service Clerk (Current Employee), Redding, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, samples of anything new that comes into the bakery and deli, and benifits!
Cons: schedules are not set in stone and hours vary
A typical day at work for most of the crew is going to work a little bit early than your scheduled time and grabbing a cup of peets coffee and see what friends you are working with that day and what list of projects for you to do are laid out for the day. BE ORGANIZED!!! I cannot stress enough how much nicer it is if you are organized. IT doesn't help – more... just you but it also helps you're entire team to where the next day if you come into work, you will have so much less to worry about as far as getting your'e job done! management will always acknowledge your hard work and reward you with gift cards for the store if you make an effort at you're job and display great customer service! After all.. if you go into an establishment and the person at the register or behind the counter isn't even acknowledging you're existence or is displaying a negative attitude.. you are less likely to enjoy you're time there and it can even ruin your day as well. A simple smile can be contagious! The hardest part of any retail job is getting the one customer that is clearly in a bad mood or is having a bad day because they will pick at anything. Even if you are being friendly and as helpful as possible, it is important to remember that you don't know what has happened to put them there so don't judge. Always be patient, and kind. They are only right at that time being. haha. The best part of working at Raley's is being able to see that customer walk away happy and so grateful that YOU were the one that helped them and displayed such wonderful, helpful, and friendly service towards them. IT seems corny to think that is the best part; but once you do see it and you know you are appreciated, it does make you feel just so proud and good about yourself. Also another great thing about working at Raley's is all the new friends you make. – less
Great experience
Clerk (Former Employee), Napa, caApril 2, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: management
I was promoted after three months of employment and during my time there, I went through every department.
Loved working here.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: health care, generous pay, thorough training
Cons: no tips
I would love to be able to get back in at Raley's. Since I moved back to the area I have been trying to get my job back. Unfortunately the store manager I had is no longer there otherwise I'm sure I would have been rehired by now.
Customer service
Deli/bakery clerk (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 11, 2014
Customer service was the number one part of my job. Sanitation had to be followed at all times to ensure the health and safety of our customers.
This was a relaxed and straighforward place to work.
Clerk (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: union in some locations, stable schedule, overtime.
I worked at Raley's for quite a while. I was in a union store and loved working there. The part of the job was interacting with people and getting to know folks from around town.
Great company with great medical benefits.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great health benefits.
Cons: revolving managers.
You learn a lot about the public. You learn how to work as a team. The management changes a lot. The co-workers become family. The hardest part of the job is the flexible hours. The most enjoyable part is the co-worker interaction.
Very repetitive
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: repetitive
Very fast past environment with lots of deadlines that needed to be met and they definitely pay well and keep you on your toes, however every day was the same as the other, so I never really got much enjoyment out of working for this company.
Flexible and fun work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Raley's was a great college job. They worked around my schedule and after years of seniority, gave me great hours. Here, I was a man of many hats. I was given stocking duties, learned how to set displays and even filled out line sheets in a short lived "head courtesy clerk" position which was honorary. I also acquired many life long friends their which – more... I still talk to today. My only complaint would be that my school schedule (at the time) didn't allow for advancement, but I wouldn't take back my time there for the world. – less
Great company to work while attending school, but not great for making it as a career.
Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great experience for your future career.
Cons: not much room for promotions, takes many years to top out and not enough hours.
The pay is good, but management make you do more than what you are suppose to do. It's a great starter job to get experience customers service and sales. Co-workers are great and they help you get through the day, for the most part.

1 2 3

About Raley's

Raley's has to stock plenty of fresh fruit and great wines -- it sells to the people that produce them. The company operates about – Read more