Raley's

Raley's Employee Reviews

Great Place to shop or work
Head Clerk • Raleys (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2015
Raleys is a great place to work and when everyone is doing what they are supposed to, it runs like a well oiled machine. The best part about the job is the stability and benefits.
Productive and a fun environment to work
Customer service and public interaction (Former Employee), Jackson, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Learned ordering, management, customers service
Cons: sometimes not enough help
A typical work day , Learned to be productive, fun environment to work, Customer service skills.Time management. Prepared the deli to meet customer needs, ordered, pulled expired dates rotate stock. Co-workers were nice to work with. the hardest part about this job sometimes, there was not enough help for our customers, the deli would get so slammed we would have customers walk away..The most enjoyable was the customers and making them smile
Great place for students
Operation Team Lead (Current Employee), Sacramento, CaJune 21, 2015
Pros: healthcare even for part time employees.
Cons: always work holidays
Great opportunity for advancement. Great job for a college student, very flexible with school schedules. Great people who work in the stores.
Fun place to work, great co workers.
Clerk (Current Employee), Petaluma, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great co workers, fantastic benefits
Cons: Poor pay.
I loved working for this company, I have almost no qualms with this place. Great co workers, good hours, a lot of room for moving up. The only downside is the pay was pretty mediocre. I was with the company for 6 years and was making a dollar more than someone who had only been there for 9 months.
Good job to start out at/helped out very well with getting into the work force
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, close to where I lived, friendly co-workers and customers
Cons: sometimes when management was busy forgot to give breaks
I learned how to work fast pace and keep doing different jobs with good quality while still being able to interact with the customers and help them when needed. Management helped get me started with training and my co-workers would help give me tips on how to improve my work ethic if they saw something that I could improve on, which I found very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when it was – more... very busy ad we didn't have as many employees working so I'd have to make sure I could get my jobs, such as bagging groceries and helping customers, done quickly while making sure it wasn't done at a mediocre level. What I loved the most about the job was being able to chat with so many different customers because they were so friendly and being able to connect with them helped me be able to do my job better. – less
Great enviornment
Deli Clerk/ Hot- Wok Cook (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers and customers
Was a good steady job. I loved the staff, the training, the overall friendly vibe and customers. Always a fun time working in the Food departments.!!!!
Productive and comfortable work environment with awesome staff.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaApril 28, 2015
Pros: An hour lunch, steady schedule.
Cons: No promotions until age 18
A typical day at work would entail an organized setting with large quantities of customers and multitasking aspects. I would be required to bag groceries and provide customers friendly service, along with stocking shelves and cleaning whenever possible. I learned that with patience, I can help customers reach the satisfaction they deserve as well as a hard earned paycheck on my end. The managers were – more... especially friendly and devoted to the company, making each day enjoyable at work. As far as my co-workers go, they were all focused and treated me with respect as I did to them . The hardest part of the job was finding my way to work because at the time I did not have a car. Consequently, I would be required to take two buses. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing customers who needed assistance the care and service they needed. Whether it be something as simple as grabbing a jar on a tall shelf or pushing a customers grocery cart to their car for them, those moments were the most enjoyable, and satisfying for me. – less
Fast, but your full attention is required by everyone.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Placerville, CaApril 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches (sometimes)
Cons: Union Dues
I believe the food industry is not for me, but if you prefer a fast company with paid vacation and heavy Union protection then Raley's is for you! We are like a LARGE dysfunctional family who are there for each other and love our regular customers.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant - Galt Chamber of Commerce - Galt (Former Employee), Lodi, CAApril 26, 2015
A typical day at Raley's would be a very customer service oriented atmosphere. Cooking and cleaning would also take up most of the day. I learned how important customer service is in a business environment, as well as keeping official logs for the company and Department of Sanitation. Management there was good for the most part but definitely could have been better. The hardest part about the job was knowing that there was always something that management would look for to try and get someone in trouble. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that raises were guaranteed based on hours worked.
All the worst jobs built into one
Courtesy Clerk & Bakery/Café (Current Employee), West SacramentoApril 18, 2015
Pros: "Employed" status for your next application somewhere else
Cons: Everything else that could possibly be bad
Do you like cleaning up human feces at least once a week? Do you like angry, hungry, and tired, customers? Do you like lifting heavy objects? Do you like sales without commission? Smiling all the time? How about pushing heavy objects in the heat, cold, blinding light, pitch darkness, or pouring rain? If you do, great! Just remember to do it quickly - go go go!

The GOOD news is, if you don't like – more... any of those things, you can really just halfway your job and they are so desperate for people they'll keep you. In fact, if you show up, you're already ahead of some of your high-turnover coworkers. It's just too bad starting at the bottom at Raley's will get you nowhere fast without some sort of divine intervention. The promotions aren't really worth it either. Your work-life balance is best with the job that doesn't pay you enough to live in the first place so you might as well leave before you become invested.

Raley's is also a poorly run company. Their merchandising techniques are outdated and pathetic. The "deals" are contrived and limited. Their membership program is convoluted to deter actual savings, and designed to extort personal information out of people for company profit. Raley's is still a good place to shop for me from where I am and what I cook, but it's not for a lot of people, and probably not for long for me either.

The older employees are there for their retirement, while the newbies are slaving away to support them. It's not their fault, but it's a sign of how broken Raley's is even with union intervention. Hands are tied until enough people can say something...

...but I give Raley's ten years before they go under in some form or another. It's that bad. – less
Awesome place to work
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee), Suisun City, CAApril 17, 2015
Typical day was bagging and getting carts, I learned how customers wanted their groceries bagged , the management was great! and the co-works where awesome. the hardest part was when it got super how outside getting carts but other then that it was a good job. And I really enjoyed it all the time.
Great Company to work for.
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: scheduled times very.
Very eager to give world class service to all customers. Also have a strong leadership to direct the great employees to perform at the highest level.
Productive work place
Grocery Department Clerk (Former Employee), Petaluma, CAFebruary 2, 2015
This job taught me how to communicate with many different types of people in many different situations. I had to deal with problematic situations in a sometimes very fast paced environment. Effective communication was key at this job.
Diverse company with opportunity for growth and advancement
STORE TEAM LEADER/DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Sacramento, CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2015
I have developed an amazing long term career with Raley's. Seeking new opportunities to develop and grow professionally. Experience with recruiting, training, budgeting and attaining financial goals for a fast paced retail establishment.
Deli Clerk
Deli clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long days
It was a nice place to work i enjoyed my job. The only thing i did not enjoy was the awful Supervisor there but i have heard she has since moved on to other things so i would recommend working here.
Raley's is a great place to work while in school but not while out.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), West Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great employees, nice store.
Cons: working on holidays, constantly changing shifts and bosses.
I still enjoy my time at Raley's the majority of the time, but this is only due to the other workers and friends I have around me. The management seems to be constantly at odds with the employees, and this creates tension on a daily basis. I'm ready to move on from the drama of the supermarket now that I am finished with school.
Good pace job with friendly co-workers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, nice management.
Cons: bad hours and pay, low benefits, bad security.
The atmosphere and people are really nice. I enjoyed the respect I was showed even at this level of job. Management seem to have a grasp on things and cared enough to rate you on your performance and help guide you to better yourself. The faults in this job are the benefits and security. Low pay and minimum hours leaves you wanting more, as when you cash your check, you feel you put in more time than you got out of it. They work around your schedule but if your not available the times they want you to be then your hours will drop. Finally security is a big issue. Things are stolen more often then normal and there always seems to be a problem with loud people or beggars at the doors.
Raleys
Clerk (Former Employee), Manteca, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: potlucks
I started as a bagger at Raley's in June of 2012, My typical day was just to bag groceries, assist customers to their cars if they wanted, and maintain the place clean. I was shortly promoted to Clerk and I loved it. I felt more connected with the customers and some regulars learned my name. I learned, through Raley's, how to be patient, how to keep my thoughts to myself, and how to word certain things – more... differently. When I first started, my store had the absolute best store director and assistant store director. They always made me comfortable, I didn't feel weird or hesitant to ask them about anything, and when calling in sick, they were both very understanding. The management that supervised us at the checkstands was phenomenal! All three ladies are such hard workers, so sweet, and very understanding in situations. My co-workers were the best part of my day. I have such a strong bond with them, even now that I am no longer with the company. They will forever be my, "Raley's family". Hardest part of my job was trying to stay calm, and knowing the right things to say when a customer is upset with you or the service someone has given them. The most enjoyable part is knowing you've made a difference in someone's day; whether it was just being there, telling them a cheesy joke, making a flower arrangement, just seeing someone satisfied with the service I have provided, was very rewarding. – less
Great Co-workers and tremendous customers
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento,CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly envirnment
Cons: hours
Typical day at work consisted of working at the cash register, inputting patients refills for pharmacy tech. or pharmacist to fill, and organizing prescriptions.
Positive Environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: employee discount, opportunities for advancement, benefits, union
I loved working at Raley's! everyone was very friendly and provided all the tools you needed to be successful in your field including training and encouragement.

1 2 3 4

About Raley's

Raley's has to stock plenty of fresh fruit and great wines -- it sells to the people that produce them. The company operates about – Read more

Raley's Salaries

Asset Protection Associate
$11.00 per hour

Raley's Photos

Raleys
For food. For family. For you.