Ralph Lauren Corporation Employee Reviews

Work/Life Balance - is not balanced
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Operations (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 12, 2015
You are expected to work constantly, for little pay. New hires are earning more money than long term employees... not fair for the work required.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary
work life
Senior Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Great company to work for. People take pride in their work. Season after season, it is great to see how the lines come together at the showroom.
Wonderful company, creative team, little room for growth
Director of Operations, Home Design (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Loved most of my direct counterparts, and really learned a lot from my direct supervisor, who had spent a large part of his career at Ralph Lauren. Many of the more senior people in the company -- even middle managers -- have been there for a very long time.

High turnover amongst more junior people, who do the majority of the heavy lifting. Any discussion about the "culture" being relaxed and privileged really applies to a small group of very senior people.
Ralph Lauren review
Production Assistant -Children's wear (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Great company and Benifits.
Can be a fun place to work depending on department.
Each Department has their own set of rules. Children's wear is the worst and the forgotten about department.
Managers play favorites and expect you to know everything initally.
Incredible company to be a part of
Inside Sales Rep & Product Specialist - Polo Golf (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2015
It is an honor to be a part of the Ralph Lauren family. Not only does the company truly take care of their employees, but it is a fun place to work as well. I've been told that Ralph Lauren's hiring motto is "hire to retire", which is definitely something an employee loves to hear. If you're looking to be challenged and have a long term career, Ralph Lauren is definitely a company to look into!
Pros
Vacation, Cafeteria, Dress Code
Your have to live and breathe RL
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
RL is a great place to start but I believe after your first few years you have to step out and do something else. The culture is very drab and heritage.
Pros
Discount, Benefits
Cons
Limited Advancement
Great corporate culture
Executive Assistant to Corporate VP of HR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2015
The culture is great, it's like working with family. The environment is fast paced, you are definitely kept on your toes. Working with some of the brightest in the industry.
Pros
Culture, perks
Cons
Compensation
Excellent place to learn
Senior Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 25, 2015
A dedicated group of men & women that inspire one another to get the job done. I came in with many years of experience and have mananged to learn so much more than I anticipated.
Pros
Cool employee discounts
Cons
Extremely long commute.
Very much micro-managed
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2015
Very stiff environment, double standards regarding certain employess which make for an uncomfortable working atmosphere
Great name. Little room for advancement
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Loved the job when I first started. Recruited with the promise of career advancement. When the opportunities arose to advance, management preferred to hire outside. This was across the board in the Greensboro office. There were known occasions when management prevented switching teams and promotions.

Compensation is low in comparison to other large textile companies in the area. Given great work loads without no additional titles or compensation.
Pros
free coffee, employee appreciation events.
Cons
salary
A
Customer Operations Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at Ralph Lauren is filled with joy. Ralph Lauren is a work environment where growth and leadership development is held at a high standard. I enjoy coming to work greeting associates and co-workers on a daily its a family orientated environment with people of all nationalities and cultures. The hardest part of my job has to be the fact that it becomes routine and less challenging the only thing i can do from there is move forward into a new role in leadership to gain added responsibility. Most enjoyable part is being able to be apart of the events committee which specializes in community outreach programs as well as employee appreciation. Its exciting to see the impact we make on the faces of the youth, community partners, and our associates at Ralph Lauren.
Pros
health care, 401k, employee appreciation, work force community, advancement opprotunites
Cons
location, compensation
Great company with great benefits and perks
Associate Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Great company but as any other company, there tend to be issues within...managers can be very overbearing and many are unaware of what to do and how to do the jobs of those they oversee...very frustrating for employees.
Fast paced arena, challenging assignments, great team environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2014
Definitely one of the most driven corporate environments. The experience continues to be rewarding with stimulating challenges. I have learned to be objective alongside diverse personalities on varying corporate levels. The best and most enjoyable part of the job is the team and the partnership we have built amongst each other. The fashion industry is very fast paced which is what makes it the most difficult part of this arena.
Amazing Brand to be a part of
Digital Asset Coordinator- Club Monaco (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Loved being a part of the Brand and working behind a company that had a vision that you can also imagine. Had direction of where the company should be going and it was easy to get behind. Do not pay very well considering the work that you put into it.
Results Driven
Assistant Manager HR/Operations -Aurora/Lodi (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHOctober 9, 2014
World leader in the fashion industry with high expectations on all employees. Great benefits and pay compared to most retailers
Inspiring and Fast-paced Learning Environment
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2014
The learning curve is very steep, as there is so much inspiration and design stimulus in the working environment. One becomes a better designer through the challenging work, and the expertise in their colleagues.
Productive and fun workplace with nice kitchen
Technical Designer / Club Monaco Woman's Knit Tops (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2014
Great management,
nice co-workers,
learn Gerber system,
fabulous product!
Nice Place to Work, if you can get in with the click and get hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJanuary 26, 2014
I have been working there since August and things were great, until the holiday season when they over hired people and then after the holidays started cutting everyone's hours, I am not lucky to get 4 hours week working there, which is not good when you have a child to support, I would not recommend this as a job for anyone other then the college student or high student.......if you aren't in the click at the Mebane location then you aren't given the hours or the freedom like the ones in the click.....advancement is even harder, even if you have the skills and background to move up.
Pros
holiday free food
Cons
very little hours, over staffed
Great culture and great people
Senior Lease Accountant- Temporary (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJDecember 17, 2013
Overall, a well respected company that is a great place to learn and grow your career.
Very culture-oriented environment with stellar company/brand expansion
Production Planning and PSR Processor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 13, 2013
I enjoy my days at Ralph Lauren. I come in and get to work both independently and as a team, and I am provided with all the necessary tools and equipment to perform my job duties. I enjoy being challenged and having an opportunity to create new and innovative reports and procedures. I am required to do a lot of different things for a lot of different people/departments simultaneously which can be stressful at times, but the overall experience as a Ralph Lauren employee is satisfying at this stage of my career.
Pros
great clothes, freedom to work
Cons
little room for advancement from entry-level positions