Ralph Lauren Media Llc Employee Reviews

Busy workplace
Assistant Manager of HR (Current Employee), Simpsonville, KYAugust 30, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancements, compensation and benefits, passion for the company
Cons: long hours, less time for family and friends
Typical day at work is pretty busy, we focus a lot on customer servicing and maintaining our sales floor presentation. Growth is very essential here, the management team work collectively to help one another with specific tasks that need to get accomplish weekly. We have alot of high school and college students employed which makes it difficult for me to create an ideal schedule weekly due to availability – more... issues. The hardest part about my job is dealing with suspected shop lifters. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connecting with satisfying customers and training and developing associates. The day is typical busy with a lot going on as well with alot of tasks to get accomplished, I tried to map out my day according to importance to get completed what need to be completed. I don't like the hours and the lack of family and friend time that I have due to always working, – less
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNAugust 28, 2015
Pros: discount and flexible hours
Cons: not full time unless management
Not a lot of growing opportunities. Other than that great team plenty of hard workers, friendly people. They are very flexible like if a family emergency comes up, illness, etc. The hardest part about this job is probably costumers and traffic but the number of friendly costumers outweighs the number of rude ones. You learn a lot in a store that take the level of standards with the level they do, skills that will help you get any retail job afterwards
Productive and team based enviornment
Coordinator (Current Employee), High Point, NCAugust 26, 2015
Focused on development and growth. They offer ample opportunity to grow and learn. I have learned a lot since employment.
very energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: working with a winning team
Cons: no breaks unless you have a long shift
A typical day at Polo was fun. Each time you come in for a shift there is a video that we would have to watch to learn more about the brand. Management was on top of their shifts and made sure all the employees were stationed at their appropriate places. All the employees got along real good with great vibes The hardest part of the job was getting customers to open up and step out their comfort zone.
typical clothing store experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks, not too many hours
was only a seasonal job so I wasn't expecting much

low hours, lots of standing and folding
greeting customers, working the cash wrap and clearing fitting rooms
Great Part Time Job
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: 50% employee discounts
Cons: hard to move up
Flexible hours and generous discount. This is a great job to have if you're in school. Job is hard to move up. There's no room for promotion.
Culture is great, low level employees not treated very well
Associate Global Brand Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Low compensation compared to the market; company protects senior level and not below. The culture is great, everyone loves the brand and you can "drink the cool-aid" but underneath, senior management is secretive.
not that great
Stockroom Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLAugust 25, 2015
Helping customers, folding clothes, maintaining stockroom. was a typical day at Ralph Lauren.
What did I learn? That some people really don't care about their job and just skate by
Management? lol what a joke. The only good one there left to go to the adult store. He cared about the store. The others were there to fill space and get a paycheck it seems.
Coworkers? Great co workers but again because of poor management we all left.
Hardest part of the job? Dealing with poor management.
The most enjoyable part of the job? That would be the customers. I am a people person and love to be helpful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MinnesotaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Pay isnt the greatest
I have great management team, discounts on clothing are amazing management team is flexible and fun to be around. The hardest part is being on your feet for long hours. Most enjoyable is getting to buy the clothing and wear it to work at a discounted price.
Great learning environment
Asset Protection Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Pros: I learned alot, and work with great people
Cons: working holidays and work and life balnce
I typical day at Ralph Lauren would be to Assure that all APP associates have arrived in a timely manner. Continue to work on any investigations that I haven't finished. Make sure all floor counts have been completed. Partner with our fine Jewelry department on any out going or incoming Jewelry. I worked with the operations manager on a day to day basis ensuring that the store is up to code. On certain occasions I would do meeting and inform associates on how to protect the brand, deter clients from stealing and how to detect any suspicious behaviors. Also I assisted with events that took place at our store and work very closely with all management in all departments.
Not very good
Receptionist/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
Honestly, one of the word companies to work for. The other divisions seem okay, but kids was terrible. Would never work there again, killed any desire to work in Fashion.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Flemington, NJAugust 21, 2015
Gave me the opportunity to develop my people skills and costumer service skills. I was for the first time able to operate a cash register and gained the basic knowledge of working a job since this was my first one.
Great company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Tysons Corner, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Love working for Ralph Lauren.
Hourly pay is not great, but commissions in addition to it is a great incentive. Employees get a great discount on all products as well.
Productive and busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great hours and pay
Cons: Not so great management
I enjoyed working there but management was not as great. Customers were always your main priority. Being flexible and available was a must. The pay was good and so were the hours.
fast paced boutique style
shipping and recieving (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
great job all around stock experience. taught me great organization skills along with my people skills.no complaints
Sales/Stock Assocaite (Former Employee), Barstow, CAAugust 14, 2015
Would process the freight put up displays while helping customers find anything they needed. greeted many customers and help do many carry out when needed
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2015
Management made the workplace very fun but productive. They were very knowledgeable on where to place people and when to place them where. I learned the bulk of what I know as it relates to customer service and sales from Ralph Lauren.
World Class Organization with a Great Culture
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Constant Professional Development
A great place to work with a supportive and inspiring culture that fosters development not just professionally but also personally.
Project manager-Creative Services
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: No work life balance
No day was typical, at one time I would be handling 5-8 projects from start to finish. Coordinating with vendors, budget management, Presentation preparation, and purchasing decorative items for installation. Preparing for installations that mostly involved Global travel included vendor and facility coordination customs details along with logistic team management.
It was a part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2015
It was a fun environment. I worked there part-time. It was great while going to college. It was enjoyable with great people.