Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews

Nice to be high-end
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Polo Ralph Lauren in Lake George, NY is a great place to be a sales associate. The customers, a lot of the time, are foreign, as Lake George is known for tourists. Polo is a higher end clothing retail store.
Great Company to Work For
ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 18, 2017
As an Assistant Manager, I had worked for the company in a short time and relocated 3 times. The culture of the company is personal, training is given to get everyone performing to their specific job role.
Great Enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 17, 2017
Another company I was fortunate to work at, the location I was at closed down along with all the Polo jeans Ralph Lauren stores. if that didn't happen I most likely will still be working for this company in some form
Relaxful Environment
Salesfloor Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Ralph Lauren was my very first retail job, and I absolutely loved it. I admired and respected each of my managers, I never had to feel uncomfortable with my co-workers which made working their an absolute breeze.
It was a great place to work at until they outsourced IT
Analyst, Store Platforms Retail (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2017
It was a great experience because I Was able to learn on applications specially windows applications. Management was wonderful, always heard the employees and took the feedback.
Pros
The applications used
Cons
Hours that we are working are too much for the pay
Learned alot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2017
At Polo Ralph Lauren I learned a lot when it came to the quality of clothing and combining clothing items for the clients. I worked with tourists therefore it was a great experience dressing clients from different nationalities.
Pros
Breaks
Raised the bar for all other positions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I learned a ton at RL. Company provided a platform in which you could grow within your position and positioned you for future opportunities. The standards were very high and you were encouraged to elevate your personal performance to meet the RL expectations.
Pros
Great learning opportunity.
Cons
Stressful environment, in some cases cut throat.
The work was challenging and good!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 11, 2017
The work was good and challenging from my experience! Only big concerns is when it comes to management and the unprofessionalism. The employees complained a lot about management!
Cons
Time frame for employees
Supervisor
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLSeptember 10, 2017
Customer service oriented
Learned how to engage all customers
Supervised a team of 15 in stockroom
Workplace culture is very friendly/inviting
Great employee discounts
A great place to work
Director of Field Asset Protection (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2017
I worked for Ralph Lauren for over 13 years and was able to promote three times. It was generally a family oriented company towards its associates, Continued education was always a priority within the department to make us better leaders.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the genuine team work not only within the Asset Protection but with Operations, Legal and Human Resources. It was truly a team effort.

Leaving was a hard decision but necessary to take care of family concerns.
Pros
The people, pay and discounts
Cons
As with any company there were some weeks that you could put in over 60 hrs.
Polo
Asst Mgr, Human Resources Mgr/Ops Mgr, Human Res (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 8, 2017
I had an awesome group of employees willing to do anything in a team endeavor to make our store amazing. When our product would change from time-to-time, sales associates would step up to send out the 50,000+ items to the distribution center...only to await the arrival of new product and would systematically replace it in our store. Awesome!!
Pros
beautiful clothing at a high discount for employees
Cons
new ceo came in and was unfamiliar with high-end clothing made erratic decisions
A busy working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDSeptember 8, 2017
Its always busy because it's in a popular part of town. Always something to do and its never a dull moment there. The hardest part about the job is dealing with the customers and the crowd that comes to shop.
Review for Ralph Lauren
Seasonal Coordinator in Picking (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Ralph Lauren warehouse. Its a great company to work for and the pay is great. If your able to work in a fast pace enviroment and long hours then this is the company your looking for.
Pros
great benefits
Not to bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Not much room for advancement but the discounts were really nice. It's your average retail job. My team was great and fun just wish the pay was a little more at the time.
Good retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 4, 2017
I worked at the Ralph Lauren Factory Store for a little over a year and a half. It was one of my favorite work experiences. Management team is to the point and gets things done, the harder you work the more you are rewarded in hours and important tasks.
Typical Day
Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 2, 2017
Overall the company was good to work for. An average day at Ralph Lauren is pretty busy and it makes it go by very fast. Most of my coworkers are pretty good and help out.
Rapid-paced, stressful evnironment with loose management styles
Retail IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 2, 2017
Rapid paced and stressful work environment with loose management styles. Inter-communication between related departments was "sketchy" at best. Employees generally handled the workload, without exaggeration, of 4-5 people. Opportunities to advance were few and far between, with zero tuition reimbursement for school and disparities between job duties and titles within the organization. Many employees suffered from burn-out because of the absence of respect for work/life boundaries. Discount perks were adequate. Regular performance reviews and helpful input and suggested strategies for personal improvement from management were non-existent. If you get a position at RL, have an external advancement plan before you go in and stick to it. The work environment is VERY busy and quite a bit of travel.
Pros
clothing discounts at RL stores, opportunities to learn other skills that you can use elsewhere
Cons
see above.
Polo Ralph Lauren (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 31, 2017
It was cool little sluggish but well worth it quick paced environment nice reasonable people opportunities for raises and more and comes with benefits if you there long enough
Productive and fun workplace with positive employees
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 31, 2017
The hardest part of the job is balance between my job with minimum managers and personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowledgeable managers and open-minded staff.
Polo
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 31, 2017
Average company, stress filled, desire to make things happen. Good people and great discounts on clothes. People didn't work as a team as everyone were trying to protect their own jobs,
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress / lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ralph Lauren. Our community is ready to answer.