Ralphs Employee Reviews in United States

A secure place to work with flexible hours
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 23, 2016
A secure place to work , amazing friendly environment and strong team work and flexible hours specially with school , usually it's really busy depending on your shift but the manegment is so perfect
Fast pace, teamwork, and helpfullness.
Combo Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Crescenta, CA 91214August 16, 2016
A typical day at work was, you came in and started bagging a when they needed you, you would work on the register. I learned money management, I learned amazing customer service skills. My management to be honest wasn't my favorite, but I loved my coworkers, I had amazing friendships with them. There wasn't any hardship at ralphs. I absolutely loved my job.
No benefits or room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRAugust 13, 2016
Worked there for five years and only received one pay raise. Worked 5 different positions within the company and was transferred 5 times to different stores. Human resources does very little to settle employee complaints.
Pros
Made many friends
work here for 13 years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 13, 2016
Best years of my life . I learned a lot working with great people.Management was ok but there was a fair share miscommunication . The hardest part of my job was the odd hours . I enjoyed working with great people.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
odd hours
Great work environment with great coworkers but poor management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  TemeculaAugust 10, 2016
Very friendly people to work with and customers are always a pleasure. The immediate management was always creating problems and made the job less than desirable.
General Merchandise Lead (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAAugust 9, 2016
Hours were great, work and home life balance was good, very understanding in regards to time off. Co- workers were great very hard working and easy to get along with
Productive work place with career advancement opportunities
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 8, 2016
my typical day at work was okay. the only real complaint was being on my feet for 12 to 16 hours a lot of days. I learned to operate a power jack. the management there was okay. the hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks that were messy. There would be compost and other products lying every which way. the men that I worked with in my section were cool. hard working men with families.
Fast paced work. Most costumers make work fun.
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAAugust 7, 2016
I've enjoyed working for the company, everyone is always so friendly. I usually like fast paced jobs so this kept me on feet. I was department head for the bread isle but I also worked in other departments.
Pros
Enjoyable environment.
Cons
Not enough hours
It's a job not a career .Take advantage of it until something better presents itself
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 3, 2016
From entry to management , lots of possibility of advancement and compensation.Ideal for part time students or second job.Full time is great with benefits understand its retail and weekends and evenings no longer belong to you.
Pros
Many positions, hours and locations
Cons
Management not a desirable position.
My first Job. Stayed for 29 years
Wine Steward (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 29, 2016
I loved my job. Learned a great deal about running a profitable liquor dept. Had excellent co workers, more like family. Hours were difficult due to overnight price change shifts. I enjoyed the responsibilities and opportunities to learn.
Pros
Excellent on the job training in Wine and Spirits.
Cons
New management made quality less of a priority.
Worse Job ever
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAJuly 28, 2016
Always under staffed, Managers would be doing personal things like be on the phone talking to family or friends all the time, multiple occasions i would have to do things for my manager like get her purse from upstairs because she didn't want to walk up and also get things from her car for her. Also had cashiers smoke right outside the door and they would also take advantage of clerks by have them get stuff for them in their cars or getting them a Starbucks drink. Would constantly have to help the Store manager find items in the store and take me away from bagging or something else. Would NOT recommend working here there were other stuff that happened.
Cons
low staff, low hours, poor management team skills
This is truly a wonderfull place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 25, 2016
The store is always clean and while we do have a noise issue we can still seem to hear everyone one of our customers. All the workers at this company truly care about the people who walk through their doors and when we ask how your day is going we really do want to know. So please tell them about your day we are here to help and be a friend to all our costumers.
good plac to work on a weekly pay, great interaction with customers but no growth opportunity.
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2016
Ralphs allows you to gain good customer service, but the opportunity to grow is limited and based on favoritism and not on seniority. Co-worker are great and some customers are too, management will sometimes work with you and your schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
overworked environment
Job depends on managment
Liquor Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2016
I'm not satisfied with the favoritism in the company. Employees opinions doesn't seem to matter. Nobody gets placed in the position they want to be in.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacations
Cons
No communication, constant changes
I loved interacting with our customers for the most part.
Courtesy Clerk/Customer Service/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 18, 2016
The best part of the job was the daily interaction with the grocery store customers. Opportunity for advancement, however horrible front desk supervisors and even more horrible Field Managers. Jealousy among employees, even though most employees were helpful. This was probably the most fun job that I have ever held, with the exception of the extremely poor hourly pay rate and less than part time hours. Union fees did get a big chunk of my earnings, so I brought home practically nothing in wages. Union did not always guarantee the hours given to work.
Pros
Fun talking to most customers, helping them, etc.
Cons
Management, disorganization, belittling of employees in front of customers.
Under Staffed
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
I was hired on as a scab they are understaffed too much work for one person and they send you to too many locations for orientation and training and there so called benefits cover only 20% and you have to pay for the other 80% and there so called training didn't teach me anything at all and they got annoyed when I asked how to do something they did not explain to me.
benefits
Cons
stand on your feet all day, understaffed, to much work for one person
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PRJuly 17, 2016
The Job was good. The days were fairly routine, I learned about the cash register, the inventory in a supermarket, etc. The only thing that I don't like from this job was the hours, they give less than a part time.
Great staff, great food, great environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Van Alstyne, TXJuly 14, 2016
Open/closed.
● Accepted payment from customers, and made change as necessary.
● Apportioned, and served food to patrons.
● Assisted co-workers.
The Ralph's Way
Combo Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 13, 2016
Working at Ralph's, it is difficult to advance due to increasing hour requirements and required daily forms that employees must fill out. As well as management at my store is generally nice, however some managers are overbearing, manipulating and oppressive. This puts a damper on the willingness to stay with the company, especially when the union is calling for strike. In my opinion, it should be used as a starter job and not to be used for a long term position.
Productive and learning enviorment
Como clerk (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work, making sure that my customers are always happy with there shopping experience and want to return. The hardest part of the job is when my co wokers dont help out by moving faster to help me bag the grocery etc...
The most enjoyable is when my customers return and make my day and they are happy and I make there shopping experience to return,