Ralphs Employee Reviews in United States

Great fun people and work atmosphere to work in.
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 6, 2016
Learned alot of my life skills from this job was one of the best years of my life. Worked in many different departments like produce, stocking, dairy, bakery, and meat departments. Would love to reccomend for early begginer workers.
Pros
Nice Boss.
Cons
Getting dirty, sometimes.
You don't receive a lot of opportunities to grow
Floral Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 4, 2016
They have great benefits, but you don't get a lot of opportunities to grow. In this company you go up only if you know someone or if you are a kiss *** sorry for saying this but is 100% real. I have been in the company for 15 years and I never get an offer to move up.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Nothing is free
Busy, high expectations, low pay
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 9, 2016
Working at Ralphs as a department manager is very stressful. you have minimal support, encouragement and with all the customers and customer service expectations, all the other responsibilities of the position are hard to stay on top of.
Pros
union
Cons
low pay
Unorganized, Friendly.
Deli Clerk, Receiver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Ralph's was a little chaotic. I've never worked grocery before, or after that.

I don't know if it was the store, or the grocery industry in general, but the lack of organization and authority really made it hard for new employees to understand and learn what they needed to do.

It was more of a throw you into the deep end type of environment, which isn't really the best way to train people. I wouldn't recommend Ralph's as a place to work.
Pros
Union, Decent Raises.
Cons
Stressful, Unorganized, Tense Work Environment
Ralphs a good start early on
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Ralph's is a great place to work when your younger, as you learn everything there is about a job and whats needed in a tough fast paced environment. First job it will prepare you, however its not a job you want for the rest of your life. It should bring awareness that this job isnt end game and you should strive for more. It does give you great skills and you deal with all sorts of people from your city/town.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not a great job for rest of your life
productive and busy work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day at Ralphs consist of helping customers while creating a friendly environment. Maintaining a clean and well stocked work space is also very important at Ralphs. I learned how to adjust quickly to different situations while handling customers in a professional manner. Overall most of my co-workers were great team mates in helping Ralphs stand at its best, but the hardest part of the job was dealing with the low performance workers, and although these low performers caused minor setbacks, I still managed to keep thing going correctly and professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers showing them the great customer service and manners that every individual deserves.
Pros
meeting interesting people
Cons
hourly pay
productive and busy
Cashier (Front End Manager) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Greet customers, scan their items take their money, bag their items and thank them. I love my customers and I love to make them happy, smile and feel good when they leave my store. If you treat people with respect you will get it back. I always look up to management no matter what age they are. Co-workers are great as long as they work hard as well and stay off their phones and mind their own business. The hardest part of my job now a days is the lifting. The most enjoyable is Seeing my customers leave with a smile.
Well is a good market, a little expensive on some stuff but o well.
customer (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAJanuary 4, 2016
The only thing I really don't like is the fact of management force employee to work their hours they want, they don't care if the employee have kids or any type of situation when they required only especific days or hours to work. To be honest is the first time I see a company kind of threating their employee with schedules.....I think is not right! I know an employee of this Ralph's that have this problem, I told the employee that is not ok; and that's against the law...but is scared to loose the job. This place sould be more carefull with this situation!
Pros
Good co-workers, and some of the managers.
Cons
No comments
Great Super Market
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRMarch 21, 2016
They are very customer oriented and the quality control is very good. the only thing they need to work on is the pay to their employees. You can work over 10 years with them and not get an increase in your paycheck, even as a manager.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
no pay raise even after more than 5 years
fun nice place to work, super friendly store
Project Engineer Administrator/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LAMarch 16, 2016
Nice atmosphere to work in, all managers and office workers are really caring for their employees. I really like meeting new customers and meeting their needs and quick check out. The pay and hours worked could be better.
Highly productive and incentive benefits
Bracket 1:shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAMay 25, 2016
Review daily e-mail for outstanding project to be completed.Receive incoming product,check and tag and stocked.Then input in to the system.
Pros
Incentive, Health benefits
Cons
High volume of work and hours
Fun but customers are unpredictable so we have to be patience.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I miss working since its been a while that I stayed home. I miss everything, my co-workers the customers, even though sometimes they are unpredictable. And I really love working, I mostly work 6 days a week or even 7 days in other branch of the company.
Very pleasent place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRMarch 31, 2016
It was great working as a cashier and helping customers.
I loved doing my job.
I learned to do my best in what I did.
Management was great and my co-workers, never had problems with any of them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers to their needs.
Very difficult.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 21, 2016
Management was very UnProfessional. No support or guides on your first day. CoWorkers are very rude and unHelpful, sometime do things to make a job harder and take longer. No guaranteed number of hours a week you would go from 40 to 8 with no explanation or advanced notice.
A really clam enviroment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 23, 2016
One of the things that we had to do a on a day to day thing was
Making sure the customer felt needed and welcome.
Next making sure that that all their needs where met.
And lastly showing our appreciation and acknowledge their business with us.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
Not alot of hours
A good stepping stone for work experience.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 19, 2016
I currently work here and have had many ups and downs during my years here. If you're a young kid out of High School and looking for something to get your foot in the door in the working world, then I would highly suggest applying.

Typical day: Customer service and janitorial duties. Some clerical duties, depending on what shift you have.

What I've learned: Every person is going through their own battle, don't take anything personal. This to shall pass.

Management: depends on the management at the store you apply to honestly. I've had an overall positive experience. Don't get your hopes up if you want your time off approved 100% of the time. Remember its a request, not a guarantee.

hardest part: Dealing with customers behaviors.

Enjoyable part: The conversations I've had with my co-workers and the select few customers that make my day a little brighter.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, union benefits
Cons
Dealing with rude co-workers, management and customers.
Very friendly environment
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 5, 2016
Friendly customers, friendly co-workers.
Great customer service.
I enjoy working there because its flexible, a fun and productive environment where I can both learn and work on new skills to further my work experience.
Friendly and Excellent Service
BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 22, 2015
I would count cash and total checks for Brinks early, answer phones when necessary, helped customers find the products they needed, help service deli or bakery when ever needed. Satisfaction always came when a customer was happy for the service provided. The hardest part was when I had very little to do.
Pros
great coworkers, excellent work conditions
Cons
waking up at 3am
I became a great Bagger in Ralphs Market
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Altadena, CAMay 23, 2016
I did may things in Ralphs Market, Courtesy Clerk, Grocery Clerk, All I want is to go back in to supermarket cause very good at what I do in that business.
Pros
the hour lunch just to long
Cons
They have great benefit.
Average workplace with and average quality environment
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Fajardo, PRDecember 6, 2015
There are no benefits at all and raising opportunities are scarce. I had the opportunity to learn many things such as to know how to treat people and teamwork. Management is not the best since many of them do not know how to treat their employees as equals; they think they are superior beings. They are the typical bosses, not leaders.
Pros
Schedule fixing if you need to study
Cons
No healthcare, no discounts, no free lunch