RAMONA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

High School Environment
High School Baseball Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CAJune 27, 2017
Good, small school district with small funding do to small district. Good faculty and student body with good small town support towards students. Well rounded and balanced.
Working with the kids was always a blessing
Tutor, Coach, Child Care Supervision (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CANovember 20, 2015
I loved to help the young kids advance in their scholastic goals and dreams, i also truly enjoyed being an athletic coordinator so i could help them sat fit and become athletes young. I enjoyed hanging out with the kids and help them through their home life issues and become young strong health adults.
Pros
Interaction with kids and sharing my knowledge with them
Cons
not very much money was earned
Good district to work at.
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CAApril 23, 2014
Working at RUSD has been a great learning experience. I have been challenged in many ways, but everyday I'm learning something new.
Fun productive workplace
Lead Cafeteria (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CANovember 20, 2013
Open up the Cafe' pull out the food, carts, cambro, turn on the computer, set up for the start of the day. Cook food to proper temperatures. Order milk and juice. Answer emails and speak to parents who have questions regarding their children's lunch accounts. Serve children grades K - 12 lunch, which I make on time as lunch break is limited.
Management of School District
Elected School Board Trustee (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CANovember 3, 2013
Established school district policies, managed district supervisors.
Good atmosphere with a great group of coaches and athletes
Head Athletic Trainer/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CAMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work starts off by teaching a Sports Medicine class to 10-12 graders. After class I have about an hour to get the training room ready and set up for the day. The rest of the day is spent working with athletes until about 6 pm or whenever the last competitive event ends (which can be until 10:30).

Most of the my co-workers are great, I enjoy working with my coaches and have developed a great relationship both with them and my athletes.

Administration is pretty good and for the most part allows me to get my job done without too much interference.

The hardest part of the job can be the late nights and the long commute home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the athletes and helping them return to activity as quickly as possible.
Pros
athletes, coaches, school holidays
Cons
pay scale, benefits, commute
Love Coaching
Water Polo Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CANovember 15, 2012
I loved coaching, the students were great, the teachers at the high school were understanding and forgiving to practice and tournament schedules. The parents were supportive as well as the head coach. I learned a lot about water polo and coaching.
Pros
great pay
Cons
seasonal