Ramsey County Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 20, 2017
My training classmates that ended up working with me at the same location and also became my close friends. Also helping customers throughout the day was very rewarding, and motivating.
Pros
Great break schedule
Cons
Sunburn
Senior Care Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 19, 2017
Meeting with co-workers, home and school visits with clients and parents. schedule appointment and help transport client. My resume has much more details.
Excellent Company
Head Election Judge (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 9, 2017
Open and setup the election polls. Assign election workers their job assignments. Greet voters and help them navigate in the polling place. Handle complaints or concerns voters may have.

The management team is outstanding. We are allowed to work independently on our own.

There is nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the voters and the thanks we get for serving. Working the same place for several years has helped me get to know the voters.
Pros
The staff I work with is amazing. I look forward to seeing them every year.
Cons
Can get boring if you don't have alot of people coming out to vote. It can make for a long day.
Good experience
clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 19, 2017
Underpaid and no benefits, but decent job experience. Ability to schedule hours around the school schedule, and on slower days study during the scheduled work day if there were no other jobs that needed to be attended to.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Productive and hard work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 2, 2017
Great holiday pay and payment is good as well. However, I received my Medical Assistant deploma and Ramsey county don't have such opportunity within the organziation.
Pros
Great holiday pay
Cons
Less opportunity in my degree
Fun work place
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 31, 2016
Very good working environment. Good team members who are ready to share ideas to improve life and work. The management id good and ready to help employees grow in their careers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short breaks
POlice Department
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 11, 2015
It is a Police Department, so my review would be very simple. It is a environment of problems, but we were there to deal with those problems and take care of it to the best that we know how.

The department did face cut back and financial issues the same goes for many other department during this time period 2010, there were a lot of law enforcement laid off and same goes for the civil servants.
Pros
great benefit and promotion
Cons
no personal life
Fun workplace to work
Social Worker III (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 6, 2015
I have excelent support from supervisors and management.

I'm multitaks.

Work with culturally diverse clients.

Good conection with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is deal with court.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting with my clients.

I'm typing more then 60 words
Fun, fast paced, very educational
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 14, 2015
Administrative as wells as Community Resources; such as ssisting with job search, scheduling, cover letters, resume writing, efficeint time etc. The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve my clients problems everytime.
Productive, and team work
Ramsey county detox aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 23, 2015
The job is simply and relaxing, you are giving jobs positions to do which are working in the kitchen, doing the laundry and also working in the security front desk. Working with people who understand their jobs and know what to do makes the day go by fast, so which means trusting your fellow workers to handle their own load of work. there is nothing hard in working for the detox because so of the jobs is something i look forward in learning when i finish my nursing.
Pros
long breaks, comfortable, independent
Cons
clients
Good
CP Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2014
It's a governemnt agency...your day varies, you learn a variety of things....
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I loved my Internship at Ramsey County.
Administrative Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 1, 2014
A typical day at work was I purged file records, filing , opening the mail and distributing to correct departments. prepared files for EDMS program for scanning new documents before using them on computers..
Pros
It was great to learn new skills.
Cons
N/a
Hard working in sometimes impossible situations. Very dedicated to good patient care and the best in working with Dementia.
CASE MANAGER, RN (Former Employee) –  MNJune 20, 2013
I learned so much over the 22 years with the County. I worked for many years at the LTC area, I was a Manager of a 60 bed, 13 staff unit, was a nurse in the TLC, Hospice, and my favorite-with the victims of Dementia.
When I wanted a change after 20 years I moved into Public Health Nursing at the ADC, and learned quickly how glad I was to have good assessment skills.
There were overdoses, suicide attempts, many wounds. What we tried to do is assess and prevent any attempts, screened for TB, gave out medication, set up appropriate housing for each inmate for safety. Triaged for Medical, dental and Psychiatry on site.
Pros
Getting to use assessment skills.
Cons
Wish there was more f/u for some of the people discharged for MI.
This was a great start to my career
Foster Care Licensing Worker/Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2013
Great place to do my internship and I learned alot. I learned how the county works, learned how to do in home interviews, manage a case load, create and edit forms, clereical duties, and how the Child Welfare System works.
Call Center Answering Phone Calls For Financial Workers.
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 8, 2013
My job is that I answer phone about 200 a day for financial workers. I go through maxis to look through for clients cases to answer client questions or there concerns. My job is to look and see if i see anything in there case if not I try to get hold with workers through I.M that is a communicator for workers if workers is not available or not there then I look up and back up worker for the clients. My job is not easy because you have clients screaming at you like you are there financial worker because they won't help right away. but I handle it very while I try to help the best I can for the clients and I will keep on trying because I like my job.
Pros
1 hour lunch.
Cons
two 15 min breaks
Best Place I ever worked
Behavioral Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMay 7, 2012
Fast paced, exciting and new everyday. Team work is a must !!!