Ramsey County

Ramsey County Employer Reviews

I loved my Internship at Ramsey County.
Administrative Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: it was great to learn new skills.
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work was I purged file records, filing , opening the mail and distributing to correct departments. prepared files for EDMS program for scanning new documents before using them on computers..
Hard working in sometimes impossible situations. Very dedicated to good patient care and the best in working with Dementia.
CASE MANAGER, RN (Former Employee), MNJune 20, 2013
Pros: getting to use assessment skills.
Cons: wish there was more f/u for some of the people discharged for mi.
I learned so much over the 22 years with the County. I worked for many years at the LTC area, I was a Manager of a 60 bed, 13 staff unit, was a nurse in the TLC, Hospice, and my favorite-with the victims of Dementia.
When I wanted a change after 20 years I moved into Public Health Nursing at the ADC, and learned quickly how glad I was to have good assessment – more... skills.
There were overdoses, suicide attempts, many wounds. What we tried to do is assess and prevent any attempts, screened for TB, gave out medication, set up appropriate housing for each inmate for safety. Triaged for Medical, dental and Psychiatry on site. – less
This was a great start to my career
Foster Care Licensing Worker/Intern (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2013
Great place to do my internship and I learned alot. I learned how the county works, learned how to do in home interviews, manage a case load, create and edit forms, clereical duties, and how the Child Welfare System works.
Call Center Answering Phone Calls For Financial Workers.
Clerk Typist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch.
Cons: two 15 min breaks
My job is that I answer phone about 200 a day for financial workers. I go through maxis to look through for clients cases to answer client questions or there concerns. My job is to look and see if i see anything in there case if not I try to get hold with workers through I.M that is a communicator for workers if workers is not available or not there – more... then I look up and back up worker for the clients. My job is not easy because you have clients screaming at you like you are there financial worker because they won't help right away. but I handle it very while I try to help the best I can for the clients and I will keep on trying because I like my job. – less
Best Place I ever worked
Behavioral Analyst (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNMay 7, 2012
Fast paced, exciting and new everyday. Team work is a must !!!