PROGRAM DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for an experienced Program Director with excellent communication skills and expertise in planning, implementing and overseeing a variety of youth and adult programs including after-school classes, special events, sports tournaments, fundraisers and more. Our center seeks to fulfill the specific needs and expectations of the community in accordance with our mission statement: The Rancho Santa Fe Community Center strives to enhance the spirit and benefits of community life in Rancho Santa Fe through programs, events, and services of enrichment, recreation and outreach for all ages.
The Program Director reports to the Executive Director and supervises a recreation staff of 5. We are always striving for new ways to create a better experience for our participants and are looking for a creative thinker with a proven track record of designing and implementing successful community programs. The position requires strong managerial skills, excellent attention to detail and an ability to work well with all ages. If this is the job for you, please apply today!
Management and Administration
- Support Executive Director in recruiting, interviewing and training of recreation staff.
- Manage, motivate and supervise recreation staff.
- Recruit and monitor qualification and performance of independent contractors.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to compile an accurate monthly revenue/expense report.
- Establish a regularly scheduled evaluation process and online surveys for all programs.
- Develops and monitors youth and adult program budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
- Collaborate with graphic designer to produce print collateral for program guides, flyers, signage and other items to be identified.
- Oversee press releases, e-blasts and other outreach campaigns to help promote the program department.
Successful Characteristics of a Program Director
- Demonstrated leadership experience in management, program and staff development, financial management and experience with youth and family focused events and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, diplomatic demeanor and presentation.
- Must be a problem solver, detail oriented, self motivated and organized.
- Solid project management skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Calm under pressure with the ability to solve problems quickly.
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and follow through.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong PC skills and experience with Word and Excel.
- Education and Experience
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma and a Bachelor's Degree in recreation, teaching, or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum three years administrative experience required.