RAND Employee Reviews

Stressful environment- liars
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ausitn TXNovember 17, 2017
Rand has very little experience, no safety required on the job sites and lied to me about many things. Prolog is very difficult to use all I was given was an out of date manual with no training to learn to navigate the program for managing the budget. A bonus was nonexistent this was also one of the lies I was told. And they are very slow paying the subs witch make a PM job very difficult. I witnessed the mangers lie to clients to sell jobs and keep clients happy.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
300 plus emails per day
too many shcedule changes. Manager wouldn't give nurses a schedule.
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weston, CTOctober 18, 2017
No notice of schedule changes. Full time employees were all made on call employees without an option or notice. Started put wonderful between nurses and manager suddenly changed. Tension between nurses and manager kept from client as it wouldn't benefit the client.
Pros
the client sweet & cared about her staff
Cons
manager
Great Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 6, 2017
They strive to create work life balance. Staff and team were really smart and friendly. Most folks there are PhDs who always brought thoughtful input and direction to all work efforts.
Relaxing and work at your own pace
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  San Monica, CAMay 31, 2017
I would be on a open and relaxed job working with the public collecting surveys from the public who qualifies with the company policies and procedures.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
great pay
Think tank
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 1, 2017
People are confusing RAND (think tank) with Randstand the temp company. RAND is a good place to work if you get placed in a good area. AA managers are not very good
Pros
Very creative
Cons
Not much advancement
not one of favorite places to deal with
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAAugust 12, 2016
Worked for randstad for a year straight as a temp! They kept me a temp so they did not have to give me marity leave . although i stayed with them setting up machines until i was 8 months pregant ! told me they would have a job for me when i was ready to go back to work and they didnt . have been out of work for 18 months waiting to get back to where I was but have not had any luck .
Pros
you get paid weekly
Cons
the lies
Contribute to the betterment of society and policies
sr project manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 8, 2016
High degree of independence and trust. Work is completed with a matrix team based on skills required.

Team oriented.
Flexible work structure
high turn over in IT management
Pros
work independently and contribute to important influencial work
Cons
changes in management created long periods of instability
Microsoft Business Partner
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, TXDecember 3, 2015
Rand is a growing Microsoft technology services partner with a flexible working schedule and a lot of highly educated personnel
Great place to work with smart people and great work environment
RAND Education Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 11, 2015
RAND is a great place to work. They have offices in Santa Monica, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, New Orleans, LA, Washington DC, Cambridge, England, Canberra Australia,

I got to work with brilliant researchers.

The past 3 years there I have worked offsite from Portland ME, which has allowed me to have a better quality of life!
productive casual work place
Assistant Account Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 21, 2014
clock in , sit at a desk, answer phones, data entry, update accounts, update charges and total charges. hardest part was getting multiple updates from insurance companies. I enjoyed getting to know people over seas and different areas of the country via phone per accounts.
Pros
benefits and hours were set
Cons
not much room for growth beyond a certain point
Relaxed Environment
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 1, 2014
Very good compensation and meaningful work. Not much opportunity for advancement.
If you enjoy assembly line work you will enjoy this!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJanuary 8, 2014
You come in & sign in & get right to work. I learned you have to work at a very fast pace to keep up! I never could keep up! Most of the workers are friendly but they hardly had any conversation mainly because they couldn't speak English so I was always lost. Mainly the hardest part was keeping up with the assembly line. In my opinion the most enjoyable part was you was guarantee 40hrs a week!
Great policy-focused non-profit organization
Adjunct, Global Talent Research Operations Dep. (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 4, 2013
I had an enriching experience working at RAND where I traveled to military bases interviewing army personnel and development officials on civil-military relations in Afghanistan.
A wonderful place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 6, 2013
I worked in the IS dept and the management I encountered were in tune and in touch with staff. My fellow workers were all very interesting from both a professional and personal level. The atmosphere was creative and not oppressive. It was a pleasure to work there and the time went by very quickly every day.
Pros
Overall sense of being appreciated and valued, A beautiful/pleasant environment that appeared to be designed to be ergonomically conscientious, so that working was productive
Cons
The only con is that as a contractor when the funding and or contract ended one had to move on.
Wonderful Place to Work
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 5, 2013
I worked as a medical coder. My supervisor was OK - but the management staff is stellar. They seem to care very much about their employees. They offer lots of incentives and there is a sense of comradely among the staff.

Everyone seems very friendly and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was the repetition. Overall, not a bad job though.
Pros
Good people, good management, good people.
Cons
Strict on personal computer use.
Unorganized work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 27, 2013
I would load an unload assembly line stacking and wrapping product.
Cons
unorganized
Good job, entertainging people. Learned alot about myself and others.
Data Collector and Interviewer-Temp Position (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, Pa 15210July 14, 2013
Worked with a variety of personalities. A typical day would be, making phone calls or visiting the actual homes of clients/respondents to make appointments for an interview. Spent many days out in the field going from house to house, If a respondent was not home, I would leave a door hanger. Learned great things from management, each coworker and especially the clients. The hardest part of the job was being out in the hot sun going from home to home, especially if it was up hill.
Pros
met really great people. learned alot.
Cons
no benifits or overtime. worked outside in the heat.
Professional
Director of Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 21, 2013
Typical day; following up with clients and team, proactive tasks to head off obsticals and open up New opportunities.
Face to face project manangement. Office operations, various tasks and responsiblities.
Planning meetings.
Hardest part - long hours
Enjoyable part - working with team to accomplish goals.
Pros
professional, good money
Rand Medical
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 3, 2012
I loved working for Rand. They are a wonderful company to work for and have management that really cares about it's employees.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Outstanding corporation with impeccable mission and goals
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 28, 2012
Varied workplace, excellent work environment with great support to help enhance one's skills and strenghts. All admin assistants were ready to help one another, readily supplying answers, tips if needed. However, admin support could be to one individual (optimal), to more than 10 - which would make supporting them sometimes very challenging as their needs would fluctuate - sometimes their urgent needs would be at the same time as others'. But with communication, it most always was doable. Great managment, and great facilities.
Pros
cafeteria, locker rooms, credit union, library onsite.
Cons
sometimes a tough commute for me.