Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good Job, Decent Hours, Little Opportunity
Consumer Lending Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2017
Great company with lower management that really cares for each individual! However, opportunity for promotion is somewhat rare and always highly competitive.
Pros
Excellent 401k and Christmas bonus (if applicable)
Cons
Little to no compensation for products sold, little opportunity for growth
Fun Place
Loan Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXAugust 15, 2017
only issue was favoritism with in co workers and management most times advancement was based on who you knew and hangout with also title work was a heavy load
Pros
Free Lunches and gift cards
Cons
stressful high call volume
Loved it.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for RBFCU and wish I had never left. The management is great and the atmosphere is awesome. The workshops they have to prepare their employees are super helpful and can be used in your professional career as well as in your personal life. The hardest part of the job was the sales. The goal may seem small but if you are not a sales person and do not meet the required amount, it is super frowned upon.
Productive and Fun
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
awesome place to work. People there are great to work with and the management staff is great. Kind of wished we didn't have such a strict uniform but other than that I really enjoyed working there
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes and Rewards for our busy days
Cons
Short Breaks
Gave me a chance, but not a paycheck.
Product Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJuly 17, 2017
RBFCU gave me a huge opportunity to develop new skills and pursue a passion I didn't know I had. The experience from previous jobs allowed me to advance quickly. However, the pay never caught up... My first promotion was label a "title change" and my pay never was adjusted. After that I worked on "special projects" for over two years and only received typical merit raises. RBFCU is a great company to use to transition to a better employer who will actually compensate you for the work you put in.
Pros
opportunity, advancement, risk
Cons
pay, expectation, technology
Consumer Lending
Consumer Lending Specialist I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Constant change, So no one is on the same page. Scheduling has improved but long hours on Saturdays and not having a set schedule is difficult to balance work/family life.
Was Great
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXMay 29, 2017
Phenomenal place to work when I started however, they began to aggressively expand and take on a corporate structure while I was employed and quickly ceased being what I loved about the company. Namely, RBFCU was a local CU that began the process of becoming a regional/statewide CU. The CEO and board conscientiously moved away from a personal and local financial institution to a mechanized, faceless company.
Pros
The best benefit package I have ever seen
Cons
service became sales
Terrible managers
Decision Center (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXMay 17, 2017
rbfcu is one of the worst. Senior management is a joke, there's no moving up based on abilities it's based on who sucks up the most and blindly follows.
Cons
Management, healthcare, pay, favoritism
Professional and stable
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TX 78148April 18, 2017
A typical day involved processing loan applications, talking to members in person and on the phone regarding loan processes and procedures. The environment was professional and neat and the job was enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Management, co-workers, members
Cons
Pay
Great place to work!!!!
Training and Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2017
This is one of the most friendly places I have ever worked. It is comforting to come to work everyday where everyone is cordial and professional, it is amazing how much a simple good morning can go.
Pros
Healthy work environment
Cons
None to be mentioned
A big joke in the financial industry!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2016
Job is easy, people are friendly, but expectations are unrealistic. There is no sense of unity but your on your own mentality. No clear outline of what is expected, since nothing is set in stone and managers will manipulate policies and procedures, since there are none, to their advantage. The schedule is hard to work with and management says they will work with you but that is far from the truth. If you have a doctors appointment, and cannot switch your schedule, they will ask you to choose your job or your appointment because members needs are more important than your health. Software, systems are so out-dated. Easy to advance, because no one in management seems to understand the financial industry but knows how to do scavenger hunts and pass out tickets for games. Overall Rbfcu is a joke and as much as they want to act like a respectable company in the industry, they are not. I would recommend if your just looking for a job, but a career, use for experience and move on.
Pros
Good job for newcomers in the banking industry
Cons
Strict schedules, too many poorly trained managers, old school ways
Productive and Fun
Leader of 150 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasSeptember 1, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Great leadership and strong ethics and service oriented. Room for advancement and contributions are recognized.
Great Company to work for
Senior Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Enjoyed working with company, a typical day at work was never a dull moment. We had the opportunity to serve our clients and veterans with pride and consistency. However, had to leave to relocate to Dallas.
Senior Management are not good leaders
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 21, 2013
Senior management with poor decision making. Working at the company for years always felt like you had to watch your back. Senior managers were usually looking for ways to promote those who worked and played close with them. Way to much politics. This is so not the vision the great Randy Smith had for the company. Be careful with lots of useless spending and favoritism!!
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Poor senior leadership
Was a great place to learn.
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels TXApril 29, 2013
A typical day was putting money in cash drawers and helping members with their accounts. Opened accounts and helped with financing of vehicles and other loans. Learned about how to use credit cards and get best rates for items financed. How to buy a car and home and lots of other things to help get the best of your money.
Helping our members was the most enjoyable part of the job. Hardest part of job was not being able to finance a loan for a member. I worked with a group of people who helped each other out, and that helped because one of us always had each others back.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Worked on Saturdays
Interesting working environment
Senior Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Not the best working environment. Not knowing who to trust and the feeling of 'walking on egg shells' everyday is a normal work day.
Pros
wealth of skills
Cons
under appreciated, under paid, benefits are not worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9