Randolph Community College

Randolph Community College Employer Reviews

Growing
Adjunct Instructor Psychology/Sociology (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: proximity, small, growing
Cons: rural, isolated, traditional
Accommodations were made to provide me with classes that often were the worse times but I appreciated being able to teach on this campus. One of the smallest I ever have taught at, this College has a optimistic attitude and potential for growth. It was a positive, up-beat, moving, kind of place when I was there and continues to be as far as I know. – more... It is limited by its size which affects its budget but don't mind the commute and it has been pleasant. – less
Fun Enviornment
Math/Computer Tutor (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Working at Randolph Community College allowed me to do what I love and that is helping people. The students that I tutored were excellent students and very eager to learn more and allow me to help them.
Significant Management Troubles
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: you will get the chance to enlighten curious minds
Cons: dealing with the management that is a bit old school and lacks in professionalism
I taught briefly at this community college. First semester seemed to go as usual. It was the second semester I had some challenges. In both of my courses, I ended up getting a huge population of high school students that were lacking in skills that are needed to successfully comprehend the college level courses. When I raised this issue, management – more... did not take this well. This is my side of the story. From the management's perspective, I was a bit "hostile" in my class policies. They argued that civility rules was broken in class by the instructor. I tried to analyze their argument too but am still having a hard time in understanding their objection since there was no such occurrence at-least from my end. The most interesting part of this whole ordeal is that I was commended for doing a superb job a semester before, but was let go within two-three weeks of getting my positive performance review. Confusing...right? I did not make such a big deal out of this whole ordeal since this was a part-time "at-will" job and I did not want to create any issues for the permanent employees at that place. I wish if employees at Randolph Community College implement a program that equips the high schools students to develop skills that enable them to arrive academically prepared in college classrooms.
An ettiquette workshop for management and staff is not a bad idea either! – less
learning experience
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 20, 2014
I love working with students continuing to teach them new techniques every day.
Work Study
laborer (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCApril 21, 2014
Work Study Job, so I have nothing to say. Just done the chores.
Went to college for Accouning. Got my degree.
Student (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: wanted to get my 4 year degree instead of 2
When the mill closed I was able to go back to school. I got my degree in accounting. I always loved working with numbers and with customers. Really enjoyed going back to school and learning the many new classes that I had to take.
Positive teaching experience
Adjunct Clinical and Class Instructor (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCSeptember 5, 2013
Students are eager to learn, classrooms are modern, program experiencing transition among faculty.
Data Manager
LEIS Specialist/Instructor (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJuly 3, 2013
Working for the college was exciting. I learned a lot about how the state works with in the education system. When the state started having to do cut backs that's when everyone had to step in and pick up extra position because so many posistions were no longer being funded.

The staff and students were by far the best part of the job.
Challanging, Pofessional Environment.
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJune 20, 2013
Pros: allows for independent work
Cons: requires extreme flexability with many last minute changes in workflow
Enjoyed clinical time with students, but the department is undergoing changes in staffing which has required changes in policy and an adaptation to a new workflow.
stiff, strange atmosphere
not the president (Former Employee), asheboroMarch 20, 2013
Um, this place feels like some kind of uptight business office from the 1980's rather than a school. Micro managed and humorless take everything just way too seriously.
A wonderful place to work
Assistant in Computer Services (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCDecember 16, 2012
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: that the budget wasn't enough to contiue my position
A wonderful place to work, very wonderful staff, wonderful management
Fun and Relaxing
Facilitator (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: driving
Go in and fix and computers or web cams. Very easy stress free job
Good potential, but administrative hindrances
Instructor (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCOctober 20, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: most work is part-time with no benefits
Most of the full-time employees are non-instructional. The majority of the teachers/professors/instructors are adjunct with no benefts and no job security.

The school itself contributes greatly to the community and attempts to serve its students well. However, there is a disconnect between administrators and instructors that is typical of most public – more... schools. – less
Would have been better with the support of administration
Compensatory Education Lead Instructor (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 24, 2012
Pros: plenty of breaks and a 1 hour lunch, the hours were good, nice classrooms
Cons: no support from administration, dishonesty, favoriteism, coordinator always interrupting class
A typical day would be welcoming the students and starting a lesson. Break was at 9:45 and lunch was at 11:30 and another beak is at 1:45. The day ended at at 3:30> but I stayed until 5:00.
the hardest part of the job was paperwork and having people work against you . The easiest part was the students! They were awesome.
What I've learned from the job – more... is that it doesn't matter how much you love the students and vicea versea. The important thing was to remain silent and don't let the lack of civility bother you. – less

June 11, 2013

Backstabbing management, pitiful communication, claimed to have a civility policy but this only applied to visitors and students, NOT to employees. Climate of fear and of "who's going to get the axe next?" Terrible place to work. Upper management in particular is vengeful and egocentric. Steer way clear of this place.

About Randolph Community College

■ Vision To be the premier educational resource for helping the people of Randolph County achieve their career goals – Read more