Randolph Community College Employee Reviews

Nice Place to work but low value on employees
Employee (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJune 23, 2017
The people are very friendly and the work/ home balance is great for families. The pay scale is very low in comparison to other colleges, industry, and the national average. Opportunities for advancement are rare and usually pre-selected.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Extremely low pay scale which makes employees feel unappreciated.
Randolph Community College
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 30, 2017
Helping students who needed to finish high school was the most satisfying position I ever held. Each student was working at their own pace with clear, measurable results.
Pros
Eager students
Cons
Only Part-time job
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Crim Justice & Continuing Ed Instructor (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 7, 2017
Great place to work with very helpful staff members. I am a part-time adjunct continuing education and criminal justice instructor but the time period I have worked, the staff members create a welcoming and equitable environment. The classrooms meet the standards for academic achievement and the staff members make sure everything is in place before classes begin.
Pros
Pay is matches experience
Great Instructors and faculty
Work-study Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCApril 24, 2017
I believe that everyone that I have encountered at RCC truly cares about helping students succeed. They are understanding, supportive, and encouraging.
Great PLace
Distance Education Facilator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2016
Great wonderful place to work. Got to see different people and learn different things and learn how to connect computers to different campus sites for the students to learn.
Summary
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJune 1, 2016
The Randolph Community College campus upholds a standard accountability along with continuous improvements from administration, faculty and students. A welcoming and furbishing campus that embraces diversity, promotes academic success, workforce development and a positive, nurturing environment for the non-traditional student.
What this position taught me.
Curriculum Tutor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCOctober 1, 2015
This position allowed me to utilize the knowledge I acquired while attending Randolph Community College as a student. It showed me how thoroughly ingrained the knowledge was for me.
Pros
Great schedule.
Cons
Student often did not come to tutoring regularly.
Great family atmosphere
Faculty instructor for RCC ADN Program (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJuly 8, 2015
I work 30 hour work week and 8-12 of that is clinical. I am in the nursing department teaching in the ADN program. The Director is great and is willing to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is clinical as well as seeing the nursing students light bulbs turn on! The hardest part of the job is when a nursing student is not successful despite our efforts. I have learned about community colleges atmosphere versus for profit nursing college.
Pros
Great events for employees
Cons
money
Wonderful people to work with.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 28, 2015
My coworkers were great to work with. There is a very nice camaraderie among the workers. The staff and faculty went beyond what is required to help students and each other. Typically, I filed paperwork, shredded old papers, and ran errands. I was responsible for keeping the lab clean and organized and helped keep the computer lab in order also.
I enjoyed teaching at Randolph Community College
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 22, 2015
I very much enjoyed being an adjunct instructor at Randolph Community College for the past 10 years. I found teaching to be a very rewarding experience.
Dedicated to each individual
GED Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Typically I am assisting student to say tips in a different way to help with their comprehension of tasks or another way to recall info needed. Noting words for them for better understanding when they are having trouble grasping subject.
I enjoy all the personalities I have encountered and become attached to them and vice versa. The challenge of finding the way to get the knowledge to register is quite fulfilling.
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
As the student numbers have declined, I am not busy enough.
Great!
Workstudy (Current Employee) –  LibraryDecember 28, 2014
Wonderful staff! Great morale. Professional environment for students role model behavior.
Rates between dish washer and fry cook.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 5, 2014
The president and division chair where great managers. There are a lot more Chiefs than Indians in the organization. A lot of finger pointing and blame games. I could count on both hands the good people I worked with and by that I mean people that where for the promotion of the college and higher learning.
Civility Policy is a joke. If your a student it applies fully, as an instructor you are the lowest form of life on the planet. No form of student discipline. At best a talking to and multiple warnings. Drinking on campus, reckless driving, cheating, the list goes on and on. Grading and attendance policies hold no weight. If a student is upset they did not receive the grade they wanted they can go talk to certain management and get anything they want and the instructor is the one to blame.
A lot of secret meeting that involve talks about people in the college. Really clannish environment either you in or your out. Your a puppet or your in the way.
Adjunct instructor failed a pre employment drug test with no repercussion and still receive a full time position. Hiring personnel without the basic requirements.

Lowest pay in the NC Community College system.

By far the worst teaching experience I have ever had!
Pros
Great President, Great Division Chair.
Cons
Low Pay, Civility policy is not for instructors, Rules only apply to certain people.
Growing
Adjunct Instructor Psychology/Sociology (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 4, 2014
Accommodations were made to provide me with classes that often were the worse times but I appreciated being able to teach on this campus. One of the smallest I ever have taught at, this College has a optimistic attitude and potential for growth. It was a positive, up-beat, moving, kind of place when I was there and continues to be as far as I know. It is limited by its size which affects its budget but don't mind the commute and it has been pleasant.
Pros
Proximity, Small, Growing
Cons
Rural, Isolated, traditional
Fun Enviornment
Math/Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Working at Randolph Community College allowed me to do what I love and that is helping people. The students that I tutored were excellent students and very eager to learn more and allow me to help them.
Significant Management Troubles
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 7, 2014
I taught briefly at this community college. First semester seemed to go as usual. It was the second semester I had some challenges. In both of my courses, I ended up getting a huge population of high school students that were lacking in skills that are needed to successfully comprehend the college level courses. When I raised this issue, management did not take this well. This is my side of the story. From the management's perspective, I was a bit "hostile" in my class policies. They argued that civility rules was broken in class by the instructor. I tried to analyze their argument too but am still having a hard time in understanding their objection since there was no such occurrence at-least from my end. The most interesting part of this whole ordeal is that I was commended for doing a superb job a semester before, but was let go within two-three weeks of getting my positive performance review. Confusing...right? I did not make such a big deal out of this whole ordeal since this was a part-time "at-will" job and I did not want to create any issues for the permanent employees at that place. I wish if employees at Randolph Community College implement a program that equips the high schools students to develop skills that enable them to arrive academically prepared in college classrooms.
An ettiquette workshop for management and staff is not a bad idea either!
Pros
You will get the chance to enlighten curious minds
Cons
Dealing with the management that is a bit old school and lacks in professionalism
learning experience
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 20, 2014
I love working with students continuing to teach them new techniques every day.
Work Study
laborer (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCApril 21, 2014
Work Study Job, so I have nothing to say. Just done the chores.
Went to college for Accouning. Got my degree.
Student (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 2, 2014
When the mill closed I was able to go back to school. I got my degree in accounting. I always loved working with numbers and with customers. Really enjoyed going back to school and learning the many new classes that I had to take.
Pros
education
Cons
wanted to get my 4 year degree instead of 2
Positive teaching experience
Adjunct Clinical and Class Instructor (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 5, 2013
Students are eager to learn, classrooms are modern, program experiencing transition among faculty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Randolph Community College Reviews by Location